Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,062 members, 7,825,367 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC (30530 Views)

FASHOLA: I Didn’t Promise Regular Power In Six Months / Aisha Buhari Didn’t Shut Down Her Abuja Spa (see Pics) - Nigerian Times / Why Buhari Didn’t Make Assets Public – Aides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by meccuno: 11:35am On Apr 03, 2015
Abuja – The All Progressives Congress (APC) has described as misleading and unfounded reports that the President-elect, Maj.-Gen. Mu has pledged to end insurgency in the country within two months.

“The President-Elect is still waiting to be sworn in on May 29. After the ceremony, he would need time to study the security situation and plan strategically with the security chiefs as to the way forward.

“Time is of essence here. Therefore, President Buhari didn’t and wouldn’t peg the decimation of terrorism within two months.

“The General was unequivocal about cleansing Boko Haram from our land; he would do a good job of it by giving a final permanent push to rid Nigeria of unscrupulous elements,’’ the statement said.

The statement recalled that in Buhari’s interview with the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) and Cable News Network (CNN), he didn’t put a time-frame to when he would eliminate terrorism.

“It would be unfair and mischievous for someone to ascribe to him what he hasn’t said,” the statement emphasised. (NAN) http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/buhari-didnt-promise-to-end-insurgency-in-two-months-apc/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by ozoigbondu: 11:36am On Apr 03, 2015
Excuses.....they are already changing[/b]their statements even before coming to power.....just watching this change govt that will be excuse oriented.......[b].Where is my popcorn this govt of excuses will be fun to bash in the next four years

230 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 03, 2015
Those excuses they once accused pdp of.

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by Royaltriplee: 11:39am On Apr 03, 2015
If ah hear.......

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by Afroconnect: 11:44am On Apr 03, 2015
Mr lai or Liar Mohammed,pls we know you need to do your job,it is too early,don't remind us of Okupe and Abati too quickly again.

I will advice APC,Tinubu and their entire lying crew to step back and let Buhari do his job cos I and most Nigerians voted for Buhari,not APC.

we know what Tinubu is and we pray Buhari don't let us down.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by meccuno: 11:49am On Apr 03, 2015
one mistake we make is that we don't learn from the past......1999,2003,2007,2011.......i am not a fan of buhari,but i know one thing and i stand to be quoted.......if he doesn't perform and Nigerians decided they cant continue with his regime which i doubt......because there is a reason fr him to be selected amongst all other candidates from the north........they would say that it you cannot perform wonders within 4 years in office.....and if we decide to vote him out which to the best of my knowledge is impossible,the north with their majority would use the strength of their "numbers" to keep him in office......but i don't want to be a dooms day prophet..... we are watching from the sidelines..... undecided

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by Henrypraise: 12:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
Wen u gist/ toast a woman, she holds u accountable 4 d promises n words u told her wen u were toasting her, in d case of buhari, his longest speech durin his campaign lasted for less dan three minutes. N I wondered were all d buhari said dis n said dat was comin from, even at chatham house, he didn't say he was goin to do anytin, did he? D masses were only drunk on d toxic content of d mantra change n de allowed dia emotions ruled dem.

Although m happy GEJ didn't win cos he had promised heaven n earth n I knew he wud av made a fool of himsef if he had won, cos he wudnt av delivered half of his promises.

Let's expect d worst but hope 4 d best from Buhari n APC, den we won't be disappointed.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by DonaldGenes(m): 12:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
True

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by Rose2014: 12:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
meccuno:

Abuja – The All Progressives Congress (APC) has described as misleading and unfounded reports that the President-elect, Maj.-Gen. Mu has pledged to end insurgency in the country within two months.

“The President-Elect is still waiting to be sworn in on May 29. After the ceremony, he would need time to study the security situation and plan strategically with the security chiefs as to the way forward.

“Time is of essence here. Therefore, President Buhari didn’t and wouldn’t peg the decimation of terrorism within two months.

“The General was unequivocal about cleansing Boko Haram from our land; he would do a good job of it by giving a final permanent push to rid Nigeria of unscrupulous elements,’’ the statement said.

The statement recalled that in Buhari’s interview with the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) and Cable News Network (CNN), he didn’t put a time-frame to when he would eliminate terrorism.

“It would be unfair and mischievous for someone to ascribe to him what he hasn’t said,” the statement emphasised. (NAN) http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/buhari-didnt-promise-to-end-insurgency-in-two-months-apc/

Why am I not surprised? See the faces in APC whether it's not the same people leading Nigeria since 1801 yet no improvement

Well Nigerians asked for change, now you have it.

change the promises cheesy

*Sipping my fanta waiting for the 5K monthly alert for 5million youths*

71 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by stanogb(m): 12:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
[size=18pt]It wouldn't be easy for Buhari to stop terrorism in 2 months, unless he is the terrorist.[/size] shocked shocked shocked

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by freshness2020: 12:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
...na from mess (fart) we dey know how sh'it(poo) go smell..
..they are yt to start, but excuses have started coming in.... Get the job done not excuses.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by kekakuz(m): 12:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
[size=20pt] this is just the beginning
they will soon start giving excuses
" we could not perform because PDP has looted the treasury "[/size]

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by sexymoma(f): 12:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
.This made me laugh so hard!!!!!!
Yoruba people don start again oooo. Someone just name his son Oluwatibuharimi, Temibuhari, Opebuhari, Oluwajegami, Temijega, Opejega. Jegafunmilayo, Olujegafunmi, Buharitide, Olufunminijega, Jegabunmi, Adejega, Jegatide, Jegadaralomo, Jegafimihan, Jegadamilola, Buharibukola, Jegaseunrerefunwa, Jegasina, Jegafemi, Jegafunmilola, Jegaserere....

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by nortcentrallord(m): 12:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin
Why giving excuse for the daura magician now? We are waiting for his magic of changing Nigeria to America and China over night oh. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

39 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by Gabrielwilliams(m): 12:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
Please, let's leave the General to start work come may 29th
Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by Bawsse(m): 12:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
So who made the silly mistake?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by efilefun(m): 12:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
fact, we know those that have been misquoting baba's word and by the grace of God they would all be disgraced

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by BluStreak(m): 12:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
meccuno:
one mistake we make is that we don't learn from the past......1999,2003,2007,2011.......i am not a fan of buhari,but i know one thing and i stand to be quoted.......if he doesn't perform and Nigerians decided they cant continue with his regime which i doubt......because there is a reason fr him to be selected amongst all other candidates from the north........they would say that it you cannot perform wonders within 4 years in office.....and if we decide to vote him out which to the best of my knowledge is impossible,the north with their majority would use the strength of their "numbers" to keep him in office......but i don't want to be a dooms day prophet..... we are watching from the sidelines..... undecided

You are correct. No need to shy away from the truth. You nailed this one.

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by sdavirus: 12:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
They have already started.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by ZahraBuhari(f): 12:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
My Dad is fervently in line to stop these devilish Extremists that spoil the name of Islam.

No day passes at home without him insisting on this.

Eh hehn, he's speaking of it just now again. grin

Saï Daddy!

Zahra Buhari

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by bastien: 12:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
JK coming sooon

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by ellechrystal(f): 12:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
Lol
Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by Pita99(m): 12:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
We will be watching u guys in 3D angry I think one of the main reasons people Voted for Buhari is cause they believed he will Stop this Bokoharam Insecurity in Nigeria. So APC should better be careful if not we will be seeing Jonathan as a Saint in four years time cry angry

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by Austin4lif: 12:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
I have said it and I stand to be quoted in 2 years time that GEJ will be better then Buhari. If he did not say he will end insurgency in 2 months time, please when will he start paying us the youth 5k? He should nt deny this one o, that is why many of us voted for him.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
OK
Uh na don start..

OLD WINE in NEW BOTTLE

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by enigmagu1(m): 12:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
I beg anything wey apc wan do make dem do. At least the dogs and the baboons now has the rght to live their life thats the most important tin to me..those of us in the north knw what we gain when a northerner is in power. They spend govt money as if its their business proceed. If not now notherners hate jega not because of the 2011 elections but cos of his analises, jega once said that d reason y north will remain underdeveloped even if they remain in power for donkeys of yrs is bcause they dnt invest money but spend.
He further said that its like going ontop of a mountain to pour water at the end of the day the water will return to the base. Do u knw whoss at d base? The ibo buisness menwink heheheheeh . Most of the good houses u c all over the north na ibo ppl get am . Av been in the north for some time now so i knw what am saying... Abeg no quote me if u ar nt in support of change o. Good or bad change na change

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by pawesome(m): 12:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
hahahahaha...wia all dose APC e-suporters....i lik naija joh...one tin nw n anoda tin lata...una must c change o

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by hotgunz(m): 12:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
Back to square 1, politician usin our head like basketball

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by elprokez(m): 12:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
So Soon.
watching with rapt attention
cool

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC by StevensJojo(f): 12:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
Ha ha ha. And he also didn't Promise to make the naira equal to the dollar right?

The beautiful ones are not yet born!

23 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari & Her Husband, Ahmed Indimi At Hanan Buhari's Photo Exhibition / Herdsmen: IPOB Fires TY Danjuma Over ‘defend Yourselves’ Call On Nigerians / 2023: Why I Met With APC Governors – Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.