Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls (30579 Views)

Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates / Best Tarrif Plan To Make International Calls On Nigerian Networks. / Price War: Airtel Tariff Now 20k/second To All Networks And America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Bryan12(m): 7:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
I believe in good customer service but when it comes to network providers in this part of the world its a no no no.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Chrisx1x(m): 7:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by itsik(m): 7:29pm On Sep 21, 2014
It's annoying
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Bootybuttchic(f): 7:29pm On Sep 21, 2014
am many comments...feontpage wen i was expecting like 10+ pages undecided ,.....anyways i was here grin grin
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by yehmi01(m): 7:29pm On Sep 21, 2014
Its NCC I blame. I have complained on the fb page times without number, besides text some stupid calls also come in times without number.

Air tel is the worst with calls while mtn is the worst with texts.

Honestly I don't know what to do any more as well.

Its so terrible and the regulatory bodies are less worried about it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by stano2(m): 7:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
Well, the devised another method of not sendin it as a text message, it just appears on ur screen with Accept/reject option, and if u ar in a hurry to use ur phone while ur backlight is off and u use ur OK button twice without readin what's on ur screen....SORRY 4 YOU

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by collynzo2(m): 7:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
MTN can send me as many as 5 of those useless texts within a minute.
A British man once called me aside asking how he could stop those texts from entering his phone, I said there is no way to do that for now as I once called the customer care to complain about it and they just couldn't help.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Olsoo(m): 7:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
The most annoying is deducting money from my account for services i never activated or opted-in for. angry

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
Mtn no go kill pesin with these texts everynw and then...ringback tune, sports update and so on. I say i no wan suscribe .na by force?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by kilokeys(m): 7:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
all i ll say is.. make more money.. fashola, dangote ibb and some big men like me dont get such messages and calls..
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by nenergy(m): 7:31pm On Sep 21, 2014
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by oathman(m): 7:31pm On Sep 21, 2014
i hate dat MTN
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by lekky79(m): 7:31pm On Sep 21, 2014
Its really annoying, especially that moment you're expecting an important text.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by akinsadeez(m): 7:31pm On Sep 21, 2014
na Etisalat be d worst. dere is one 3440 football stuff. dey keep sending me stale football news and dey remove 25 naira every few days. I have repeatedly called to complain. they will deactivate it for a while only for d thing to resubscribe itself few days later
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by akraym(m): 7:31pm On Sep 21, 2014
Its only God that can save from their hands
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by prowlG: 7:31pm On Sep 21, 2014
Really annoying sometimes.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by ugoezeik(m): 7:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
so evri bodi is jux comentin witout givin d poor boi an ans to his quenchon ehhh? nairalanders r terrible wicked

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Lailerh(f): 7:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
I once had an inbox that had over 1000 messages and 95% was from etisalat

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by kolomax(m): 7:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
Emptyhen
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by drestoneokuta(m): 7:33pm On Sep 21, 2014
Its so frustrating and annoying, they do this any time of the day, in the morning, afternoon, night, mid-night! Nigerian. They are by far worse than spam mails!!! angry
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Sweetlemon(f): 7:33pm On Sep 21, 2014
jacabi: Sanchez01: I did in my case. I lost many detailed texts which are now lost for life. Annoyingly, Glo just devised a means, they have been calling my phone repeatedly with a typical Glo number and you would fall for the number, believing it's your normal phone calls. It's as if my privacy has been sold to third parties.
It was airtel that tried that nonsense with me. They used real number to call me then I put it to blacklist, they used another one I did thesame thing, up to about 10 nos.

Lol!

Na by force ni?
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Kunzu(m): 7:33pm On Sep 21, 2014
I thought it happens to me only
#Etisalat worst pass
#To make matter worst, d customer care agent will send me 10 MMS and 10 free SMS , when #200 recharge card has been deducted once
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by ifaoni(m): 7:34pm On Sep 21, 2014
ok
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by profGinger: 7:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
I feel the brunt more when am expecting credit alert in my account.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by jacabi(m): 7:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Lol!

Na by force ni?
In fact, I now use the sim once in a while.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by dokunbam(m): 7:37pm On Sep 21, 2014
lol
My brother no be small somtin

They wnt to kill person with text

Am now used to it, if i dont receive text within the hour, i will be like whats going on

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by marieolae(f): 7:37pm On Sep 21, 2014
Mtn is the worst ohh

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by shegz1(m): 7:40pm On Sep 21, 2014
Very annoying message, sometimes on MTN I do received up to 10 message within 5 minutes. I don't know what NCC is doing
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by coolxpat(m): 7:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
The must annoying one is the one they use on BB. They make it appear as if u just finish checking ur acc balance only to find urself subscribe to one of their useless services after press ok.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by drololaaof: 7:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
The problem is general the annoying thing is that they send their msg & calls at odd hours disturbing your sleep. My question is what is NCC doing to protect consumers?
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Dailyfavour(m): 7:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
I think they do these to most lines in Nigeria, so tired of it, in my search for solution, I was asked to write "STOP to 33111" yet the messages doubled after promising of removing my line from data base.....up to NCC

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Peterock0009: 7:43pm On Sep 21, 2014
Watching

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Telcos To Block Millions From Mobile Banking Over Banks Debt / Infinix Unveils Hot 10 Play Device In Nigeria / How To Get 1gb Data For N50 Or 2gb For N100!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.