Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,459 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls (30577 Views)

Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates / Best Tarrif Plan To Make International Calls On Nigerian Networks. / Price War: Airtel Tariff Now 20k/second To All Networks And America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 22, 2014
seriously i don't know where to start from cos i have about 600 Irrelevant msgs that i have not deleted. So help me God. Mtn is Giving me stress.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by mayorr250(m): 12:52pm On Sep 22, 2014
......n they have all d maneuvering text messages to lure unsuspecting user to their mischievous money sapping packages. i once subscribed to d so called airtel' free credit' not knowing am already in debt.Airtel is more frustrating.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 22, 2014
The worst is Airtel. They will keep calling you with different numbers that seem like real numbers. So very annoying. And MTN, hmm. They bombard me with text messages. Imagine waiting for a text to confirm you've gotten an alert for a deposit to your account. You rush to d phone only to find out its MTN and their silly messages
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by frekyfrik(f): 1:31pm On Sep 22, 2014
Dailyfavour: I think they do these to most lines in Nigeria, so tired of it, in my search for solution, I was asked to write "STOP to 33111" yet the messages doubled after promising of removing my line from data base.....up to NCC

This is exactly what I experienced too, when I tried to solve the problem.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by ibietela2(m): 1:34pm On Sep 22, 2014
jacabi: Sanchez01: I did in my case. I lost many detailed texts which are now lost for life. Annoyingly, Glo just devised a means, they have been calling my phone repeatedly with a typical Glo number and you would fall for the number, believing it's your normal phone calls. It's as if my privacy has been sold to third parties.
It was airtel that tried that nonsense with me. They used real number to call me then I put it to blacklist, they used another one I did thesame thing, up to about 10 nos.

I have blocked close to 15 airtel numbers
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by jacabi(m): 1:50pm On Sep 22, 2014
ibietela2:

I have blocked close to 15 airtel numbers
That's terrible. I think NCC should do something urgent.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by ibietela2(m): 1:56pm On Sep 22, 2014
stano2: Well, the devised another method of not sendin it as a text message, it just appears on ur screen with Accept/reject option, and if u ar in a hurry to use ur phone while ur backlight is off and u use ur OK button twice without readin what's on ur screen....SORRY 4 YOU

Lol airtel

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by vanPELaj(m): 2:50pm On Sep 22, 2014
They are all stupid.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Olsoo(m): 3:15pm On Sep 22, 2014
Chinwem:

I guess they need to find a way to pay their ambassadors somehow
An illegal way right?
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by ibietela2(m): 3:42pm On Sep 22, 2014
jacabi:
That's terrible. I think NCC should do something urgent.

NCC? those guys should be fired
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by practicalclass: 4:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
I think NCC should receive an open letter and so should the directors of the Networks. They are so so annoying. Because we use their networks does not mean they can do as they like by allowing 3rd parties send messages anyhow. Just because of the commission they would receive.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Palacedaughter(f): 7:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
I at one time decided to call mtn customer care and lash the hell outta'em. But then I thought....what difference will that make? Me ayaf tire too much for their yeye texts. #toopissedtokeeptalking.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 22, 2014
ayukdaboss: You call person...Etisalat go send you message
You check balance etisalat go send you message
You flash person etisalat go send you message
You drink water etisalat go send you message
You enter toilet sh1t etisalat go notify you.

What manner of a network is Etisalat
very true o undecided
ayukdaboss: You call person...Etisalat go send you message
You check balance etisalat go send you message
You flash person etisalat go send you message
You drink water etisalat go send you message
You enter toilet sh1t etisalat go notify you.

What manner of a network is Etisalat
very true o
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Aida13: 9:56pm On Sep 22, 2014
Oh my goodness I though I was the only one bothered! MTN is the worst for sending unsolicited texts for any bloody thing. To make matters worse, my mom's phone is still bombarded with World cup texts after that competition to win millions during the last world cup. They are still sending her texts and questions to answer on Nigerian history as if the promo is still on!

To make matters worse, I just bought two mico sims and instantly, one of them starting collecting N15 per day for some insurance scheme I didn't subscribe to. So automatically they remove this money daily WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. I've tried to opt out but to no avail. MTN are making a lot of illegal profits and wrongful schemes to siphon money from unsuspecting users. It's a disgrace!
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by deboldaras: 11:10pm On Sep 22, 2014
Mine is Glo & Airtel, they nearly make me to throw my phones away. in a situation whereby,you see that your phone is already connected to make call and u wil not hear each other and money is going. I don't know maybe is only me ooo
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Afolabi78: 1:52am On Sep 23, 2014
This is NCC free toll complain number 0800255622 and there email is consumerportal@ncc.gov.ng you can make your complain here or visit there website to make your complain it will be resolve
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Godiloveu(f): 10:45am On Sep 23, 2014
itsIYKE: That infuriatin moment wen u are expectin a call any moment 4rm ur new GF,....then ur phone rings nd a female voice says hello my name is Jane...u be like "jane do we knw each oda",..then u listen again nd the voice continues talking gibberish,....u look at ur phone nd u cee 4604........U be like thunder fire the hand that initiated this call

Oga!
U funny o 2 much!!!
Just yesterday I tried EMPTYHEN customer care to report dis unnecessary deductions on my sim. Don't know y dis ppl can't get it we are not comfortabLe wit theirs daily tips msgs

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 23, 2014
I feel bad for the customer care guy that answered my phone just now after I received a call from 33592 and they subscribed me to dream text. Useless network, I'll equipped staff. I hope that company burns in hell
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by eminex(m): 11:50am On Sep 23, 2014
No matter the level of love between you and your
partner, MTN/ETISALAT/AIRTEL will always send you
text messages more than your partner. grin
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by PrinceNwokeji: 8:32pm On Sep 23, 2014
here is the solution, send a mail to the NCC stating your problems with the service provider and your number and within 30 secs all will be fixed, call for assistance 08038743079, Prince Nwokeji.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by toygod2: 4:00am On Sep 26, 2014
ahahah
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by BingaTeam(m): 1:01am On Oct 08, 2014
Hello Nairalanders! I hail. If you are tired of receiving these messages from networks (aren't we all?), you can download Binga for android. With Binga, you don't need to add any number or use any blacklist. Simply install the app and let it run quietly in the background. Peace of mind (and inbox) guaranteed!
Download available FREE on the official Google play Store .
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by faceland: 1:34am On Mar 12, 2016
I got a text message from 902 saying:

" Thank you for choosing NAIJA STORIES SMS DAILY services on your AIRTEL Mobile. You will be charged NGN 10.0 EVERYDAY."

I never subscribed, and when I tried to send 'cancel', or 'no' or 'stop', those SMS failed so now I ten naira is stolen from me everyday for a service i never subscribed to and a service that spams and bothers me. They are spamming me and forcing me to pay for it.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Yorubago(f): 7:47am On Mar 14, 2016
I cant recharge my airtel and etisalat lines they both deduct money to subscribe for trash...
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Suzzytee05(f): 8:34am On Mar 14, 2016
Yorubago:
I cant recharge my airtel and etisalat lines they both deduct money to subscribe for trash...
. For your Etisalat line, go to their facebook page and send a message to them to unsubscribe u. They will reply u promptly. They just unsubscribed me from one trash that was deducting my 60 naira/week. shocked
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by bstringz(m): 11:16pm On Mar 15, 2016
I think where the problem is, is when they Forfecully subscribe a customer. Apart from that it's not a crime for a third party to advertise their services but it should be subscribed to only if the customers opts in and the customer should be able to opt out.

Worst of all is that even when u decide to patronize them, they don't bring quality Contents.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Yorubago(f): 12:34am On Mar 16, 2016
Suzzytee05:
. For your Etisalat line, go to their facebook page and send a message to them to unsubscribe u. They will reply u promptly. They just unsubscribed me from one trash that was deducting my 60 naira/week. shocked
Thanks a bunch... They finally unsubscribed me after eating all my money on both lines... I did the same for airtel too...
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Gemc3(f): 7:28am On May 09, 2016
Airtel with their nonchalant attitude is killing me slowly. 20 naira every day. Value added services 30260 that I NEVER subscribed to. If I block their SMS, will the charges stop too?

All the STOP in the world isn't working. I've tried ALL. I have shouted and complained. I'm just tired. My airtime ran out and they still had mind to borrow me 500 naira den deducted 50 naira. Me wen never borrow from them in my life. I'm sure it is that pop up ish that caught me.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by U1(m): 12:28pm On Aug 21, 2021
Seven years later and nothing seems to have changed, especially with Glo.

MTN and 9mobile only sends unwanted SMS like 2-4 times a week. But Glo, hardly a day goes by without sending at least one. Another symptom of the country's malaise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Telcos To Block Millions From Mobile Banking Over Banks Debt / Infinix Unveils Hot 10 Play Device In Nigeria / How To Get 1gb Data For N50 Or 2gb For N100!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.