Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady (469505 Views)

Why Are You Proud To Be Nigerian? / Igbo Kwenu! Kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady / Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 2:29am On Aug 09, 2006
anyi di simply too much ma sista
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by 2fine4u(f): 2:31am On Aug 09, 2006
fo real oh, chukwu kworo aka before he created us.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 2:36am On Aug 09, 2006
and then after making us,he broke the mold lol
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by 2fine4u(f): 2:47am On Aug 09, 2006
aah yes ooo, he broke it so that ndi ozo agaghi ama mma more than or close to us
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ZuluNation(m): 2:48am On Aug 09, 2006
babyosisi:

and then after making us,he broke the mold lol

I think you wrong babyosis, I think after chukwu kwaro aka he used the dirty water to make idi Hausa. cry
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by 2fine4u(f): 2:51am On Aug 09, 2006
nwanna ibiala ooo shocked ndi salamaleko ha mere gi gini?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ZuluNation(m): 2:53am On Aug 09, 2006
Nne I lost my best cousin in the hands of those Atulus in Bauchi.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 2:54am On Aug 09, 2006
Zulu you got me cracking up so much.
Chineke!!!.
That was soooooo funny.
You mean Chukwu did not want to waste the dirty water and thought of recycling? lol.
Then ndi awusa especially ndi alakuba came to his memory.

I think he made us all equal anyway but for humor sake,this is a good one.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nutter(m): 2:56am On Aug 09, 2006
ZuluNation:

Nne I lost my best cousin in the hands of those Atulus in Bauchi.

Sorry to hear that, brother. Biko stay strong.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ZuluNation(m): 2:59am On Aug 09, 2006
My dear ndi alakuba sef angry angry , You should see what does Animals did to our peoples stores in Jos a few years ago angry
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 2:59am On Aug 09, 2006
Yes o my sympathy.
I too have lost relatives in Kaduna riots.
How I wish Biafra was realized,we would have been foreigners on this forum
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ZuluNation(m): 3:02am On Aug 09, 2006
I don't think the that stupid now o, gone are the days. The know that we not just going to watch with our hands folded any more
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nutter(m): 3:09am On Aug 09, 2006
I agree. If not for what happened in Onitsha, this Lebanon thing would have ignited unrest in nigeria. However, I hope 'ndi be anyi' remain watchful and do not get lulled into a false sense of security.

As for the other issue, I have been a foreigner (in mind for now) for many years  wink
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ZuluNation(m): 3:20am On Aug 09, 2006
@ Nutter

I used to feel like a foreigner on NL but we folks like Ninetofive, Babyosisi, Edygirl, 2fine, Tx, Hotstepper. I feel so much at home.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nutter(m): 3:25am On Aug 09, 2006
I know what you mean, Zulu. I know what you mean.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 3:31am On Aug 09, 2006
@nutter after the first killing of ndi alakuba in the east 2000 after the kaduna sharia riots.
My dad called me from Nigeria and told me not to worry about them in the east.
I heard they were slaughtered in ama awusa like chicken.

I don't think that was right though but people had had enough.
I heard that as soon as the buses came down east with bodies of killed Igbos,people armed themselves and headed for ama awusa straight.

In the kano riots in 1992 or so Igbos and Yoruba Christians who were gun dealers in Kano handed out guns to any southerners who would take them to defend themselves,it was only when the atulus saw this that they began to back down.

Personally I think any southerner living in Northern Nigeria without an ammunition is asking for trouble.
A man should be able to defend his family 'should in case'.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nutter(m): 3:42am On Aug 09, 2006
Yes, you are right. I do not agree with our response, but I understand. These things have continued for as long as they have primarily because the Igbo have been somewhat moderate in their response. The moment it is known that every life will be accounted for, everyone will start behaving themselves.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ghettochyk(f): 4:52am On Aug 09, 2006
here i am zulu!!!
IF YOU FEELIN' LYKE AN IGBO MAN GO ON DUST Yo SHOULDER'S OFF!!! IGBO'S ARE PIMPS TOO GO ON DUST YO SHOULDER'S OFF!!!
alright!! here i am, back!! to finish the ""igbo kwenu" thing, NDI IGBO KWEZUO NU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ZuluNation(m): 6:09am On Aug 09, 2006
ghettochyk:

here i am zulu!!!
IF YOU FEELIN' LYKE AN IGBO MAN GO ON DUST Yo SHOULDER'S OFF!!! IGBO'S ARE PIMPS TOO GO ON DUST YO SHOULDER'S OFF!!!
alright!! here i am, back!! to finish the ""igbo kwenu" thing, NDI IGBO KWEZUO NU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

I'm so freaking glad you back girl, we missed your craziness grin grin grin.Girl friend my shoulders are sooooooo dust free I thought you knew cool cool( I'm Igbo and proud baby grin. Welcome Nne.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by 2fine4u(f): 6:14am On Aug 09, 2006
Igbo kwenu
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ghettochyk(f): 6:52am On Aug 09, 2006
Hey Igbo kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo nu ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !
i'm an Igbo guy proud to be an igbo guy

Home town : Imo state Owerri West Local Goverment, 
City: Amakohia Ubi in Owerri town

You What is yours ?? Where in the East the you come from ?? are you proud of your tribe, 

didn't see all ths, aight, here it go!!

hometown: Imo state, i don't know bout all that local gov't stuff!! :p
city: oru east, is that a city? man!! i'ont know!! hey, at least i'm igbo right, that is all that counts grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ghettochyk(f): 6:55am On Aug 09, 2006
both my parents from Imo State, mom from mbaise, dad from awo-omamma but we all live in USA.
omg!! i gotta catch up wit dis thread!! gurl!! which part is you from?!!! dats ma peeps place!!!!!! haha!!!!
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ghettochyk(f): 7:06am On Aug 09, 2006
WHO STARTED THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST MAKE SURE YOU DON'T PROMOTE TRIBALISM WITH IT.

INFACT THIS THREAD IS AGAINST THE UNITY OF NIGERIA AND SHOULD BE CLOSED ASAP

NONSENSE PEOPLE. INSTEAD OF PROPAGATING THE UNITY OF THE NATION, THEY ARE BEING SEPARATIST.

STUPID. JUST KEEP IT TO YOURSELVES AND SON'T ABUSE OTHER TRIBES.

I DON'T LIKE THIS.

ara di mma gbachie gi nti! onuofia dika gi. who cares? wtf? anyi o juru gi maka ihe i choro? egbe eligwe gbuo gi nga'ahu!! EWU AWUSA!!! angry NOW ZUZURU GI SI EBA PUO!! ANU OFIA!! tongue i na ewe iwe maka iwughi onye igbo. ntoo!!!! mmeee!!! nnyoo!!!! tongue
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nutter(m): 1:24pm On Aug 09, 2006
ghettochyk:

i na ewe iwe maka iwughi onye igbo. ntoo!!!! mmeee!!! nnyoo!!!! tongue

smiley
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by edygirl(f): 1:46pm On Aug 09, 2006
ghettochyk:

[b]ara di mma gbachie gi nti!
Haha! Nwanne m, onwenyikwa ara nke di mma o. Ihe nke a atugbugo m na-ochi grin,  Don't worry O bia ozo oke ikuku eburu ya buga ama awusa.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Hotstepper(f): 4:24pm On Aug 09, 2006
Interpretations plzzzzzzzzzzz, thanks
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 09, 2006
Hotstepper you need to go to nnewi more often lol.

bia=come
mmiri=water
ego=money
onye ohi/onye oshi/onye ori=thief,ole,onye aka abuo/419

those were free lessons,more will cost you.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Hotstepper(f): 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2006
hahhaa, gurl, not ma fault, I would agree that there are ppl dat lives at nnewi dat can be able 2 read as well. well, when written out like dat, I know what they are cuz those are easy ones dat non-igbos can pick up as well but just like broken english, when writen in sentences, am lost, no be ma fault, da fed. skool I went 2 didn't help either tongue am learning 4rom here sha, good job ppl
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 09, 2006
Nwanyi n'akwa akwa.
i n'akwa akwa n'okuko yiri akwa
n'elu akwa i kwara akwa di n'elu akwa.

hotstepper or zulunation interprete that.

edygirl and the other pros don't help them.
Igbo 101.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Hotstepper(f): 4:46pm On Aug 09, 2006
I know that saying gurl, tongue
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by edygirl(f): 4:47pm On Aug 09, 2006
HaHa, Igbo assignment. Babyosisi, you harsh nwanne m.

@Hotstepper, agaghi m alutara okeokpa nwanyi ma tokwaara ya ute. Mbanunu.  Agayi m asu igbo ma tugharia ya na oyibo, 

The quality of that igbo will be gone.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 09, 2006
I went to Fed school too.
All the Igbo I learnt to read and write is from elementary school back in the day.
You were probably in diapers then lol
I guess the primary schools are not what they used to be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (579) (Reply)

Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary / Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. / ..

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.