Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,002 members, 7,952,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:51 AM

On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' (64243 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US / Why You Must Travel! / 'by Force By Force I Must Travel Abroad' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by DobraDobra: 11:26pm On Oct 03, 2014
BraniacX:

i agree with u on everything except the no disease that'll cost £200k, my source was a BBC chat show over 2 years ago and am having trouble digging it up, when i do, i'll post the link then you can make up your own mind.

Ok for d purpose of this lets assume dia is a medical procedure that cost 200k yes justbas I said if d patient even after treatment have few months left dey will not spend such money. But if d patient will survive for yrs or d treatment will prevent other people falling sick dia is no cap on d money. Do u know how much was spent on d ebola guy from africa.? Dey used military plane to bring him dat wasvalued monetarily d bed he slept in d hospital cost 50k his whole treatment is over 200k we are talking bout here.all in all even with d cap pls we cant compare nija and some country and its d rulers and not d ruled dat cause d problem. D poor send dia kids to school abroad dey mild d poor dry on all form of tax and we uave nothing to show.

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 03, 2014
BraniacX:
as u wish
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/healthdisparities.html

http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/physician-resources/public-health/eliminating-health-disparities.page

http://www.news-medical.net/health/Disparities-in-Quality-of-Health-Care.aspx

http://www.news-medical.net/health/Health-Inequalities.aspx

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://www.cdc.gov/minorityhealth/CHDIReport.html&sa=U&ei=gRgvVN77Ns6xac2jgugH&ved=0CCUQFjAE&usg=AFQjCNGOpTT25yC5f3sFBrUYRyqBRbXV2A

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://www.ahrq.gov/qual/nhqrdr10/nhqrdrminority10.htm&sa=U&ei=gRgvVN77Ns6xac2jgugH&ved=0CCAQFjAB&usg=AFQjCNHEANRgJh7FRzSFKU0XEtzx3YzXHg.

I return the challenge back to your court. Prove to me that healthcare is accesible to all americans for all manners of medical problems notwithstanding the cost irrespective of socio-economic status and i'll accept the tag idiot.

Unfortunately I won't be going through the list because it's not what I asked for.

Again, if you have proof that ALL Americans are not covered by healthcare then prove it.

If it's buried inside your links and subject to interpretations then it's no proof.

By the way you are the one thatade the original claim so the onus is on you to prove it.

At least that's how it works in matured discussions.

Edit: you know what. It doesn't matter for me to educate you, you win have a nice day.

2 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by BraniacX(m): 11:46pm On Oct 03, 2014
CityNG:

Unfortunately I won't be going through the list because it's not what I asked for.

Again, if you have proof that ALL Americans are not covered by healthcare then prove it.

If it's buried inside your links and subject to interpretations then it's no proof.

By the way you are the one thatade the original claim so the onus is on you to prove it.

At least that's how it works in matured discussions.

yes the onus is on me hence i provided those links, if you go through them, you'll find reports comissioned by the AMA(American medical association), CDC (Center for disease control) an epidemiological study by John Hopkins hospital among others and those are authorities acceptable to almost anyone in the medical proffesion except if you disagree of course. They should suffice to substantiate my assertion depending on whether you consider them worthy sources or not.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by BraniacX(m): 11:58pm On Oct 03, 2014
DobraDobra:

Ok for d purpose of this lets assume dia is a medical procedure that cost 200k yes justbas I said if d patient even after treatment have few months left dey will not spend such money. But if d patient will survive for yrs or d treatment will prevent other people falling sick dia is no cap on d money. Do u know how much was spent on d ebola guy from africa.? Dey used military plane to bring him dat wasvalued monetarily d bed he slept in d hospital cost 50k his whole treatment is over 200k we are talking bout here.all in all even with d cap pls we cant compare nija and some country and its d rulers and not d ruled dat cause d problem. D poor send dia kids to school abroad dey mild d poor dry on all form of tax and we uave nothing to show.
trust me, i know the exceptions to include treatments(experimental) of academic and research value. So for the point of this conversation, let me rephrase the term treatment and say management of say a chronic condition in which regression will take years, probably decades e.g say retinitis pigmentosa with acute PAOG(just an example) and the NHS projects that this individual will be needing care all their life without any significant research value to be derived in the offing, then a cost projection is made for 5, 10, 15 years which far exceeds the cap, what happens next? Point is, Nigeria is not utopia, but it is what we got, building her up is a collective responsibility that involves u and me.

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by InvertedHammer: 3:27am On Oct 04, 2014
BraniacX:

neither will she be denied emergency treatment in any goverment hospital in Nigeria even during a strike, there are always doctors available to attend to strictly emergency cases.
But as you said, she was taken to a private hospital. I don't know the law but i would like to beleive there is a law that mandates doctors to attend to patients in emergency situations even in private hospitals although enforcement is another thing. Its a pity sha
\
Look at the facts.
No need for insinuations.
Kemi is dead.
/
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by DobraDobra: 7:10am On Oct 04, 2014
@BraniacX “Nigeria is not utopia, but it is what we got, building her up is a collective responsibility that involves u and me

In a situation where d poor carry d responsiblity more than d rich or more previledged dia will be no building up and dis is nigeria. In a country where u have to pay to get a job with d government dia can be no build up where u have to pay half a million as bribe to get promotion dia will be no build up in a place where nysc needs 4k from graduates and everybody at d top feel its ok dia will be no build up.

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by maternal: 7:17am On Oct 04, 2014
majekdom2: My argument still remains every government has got it flaws and we all crave for perfection , thats why we got to do our part ...you said strikes in 2014 .... what do we make of the france airline strike that just ended , or the american government agencies that were shut sometime this period last year. The situation in Nigeria is bad , this is not a reason for it to be looked down on. its a bad approach to solving problems.

Are you comparing an airline strike to a medical care strike ?

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 04, 2014
striker9: Guy you always try to twist scenerio, you have got no remorse whatsoever. Call a spade a spade ,once we know there's is a problem,then we can start a solution .Don't approach me with that childish stuff bout what have done to help the situation, we did the right thing by voting in people to represent us,and we entrust our funds in there care.
am not twisting the scenario nor justifying the situation ..... she was taken to a private hospital anyways .... did you read where one guy talked about Nigerians paying tax and where one talked about NHIS. do all these stuffs happen in a day . you vote him in today and then you want all basic ammenities on board tomorrow .... heheh funny.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 04, 2014
BraniacX:
degree certificate overated? How about lets be factual, a degree certificate is not worth the paper on which it is printed. The worth a certificate has is that which you give to it by building on it, many nigerian youths see the certificate as the end which will provide the means, they come out of school waving it over their heads with pride and are schocked when neither the goverment nor anyone else deigns to notice them. Abroad, school isn't meant for everybody so those who don't go to school acquire other skills to get by in life, here we school only without any skills acquisition hoping manna would fall from heaven. Not everybody is meant to have a white collar job, if a blue collar job is how i pay my bills, then so be it. I repeat, the goverment is no nursemaid and we are no infants rather we are both patners, it do for us, we do for it. CHIKENA!
My point exactly , a university education is not meant for everyone. there are loads of skills that can be acquired that pay bills.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 04, 2014
DobraDobra: @BraniacX “Nigeria is not utopia, but it is what we got, building her up is a collective responsibility that involves u and me

In a situation where d poor carry d responsiblity more than d rich or more previledged dia will be no building up and dis is nigeria. In a country where u have to pay to get a job with d government dia can be no build up where u have to pay half a million as bribe to get promotion dia will be no build up in a place where nysc needs 4k from graduates and everybody at d top feel its ok dia will be no build up.
you feel the poor carry the responsibility because they are the ones that complain most about the government. I said it before , we can't keep saying the government , reason being that we have had different people take over the affairs of government. if it were to be the case of gadaffi or al asad of syria . we can condemn the government . you complain about education and all . if the government choose to increase the fees of federal insitutions , we hear complains here and there. we saw what happened to LASU , same with O.A.U. this same government we complain of manage the instutition , how about the ASUU strike where a lecturer who s supposed to be on research feels he needs to make more money. this development is a collective thing , it starts with us all . the rich and the poor have to understand there are sacrifices to be made for the future generation.The government breaks down your house to construct a better road , you say he is wicked, he stops bikes to curb criminal activities , he is wicked..... we are not just ready to make these sacrifices , I guess thats why it is still where it is.

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by BraniacX(m): 9:00am On Oct 04, 2014
InvertedHammer:
\
Look at the facts.
No need for insinuations.
Kemi is dead.
/

i did look at the facts

i didn't insinuate

and yes, kemi and her baby are dead

issue is, there are many more kemi's out there, how do we save them? Not everybody can go to america afterall

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by BraniacX(m): 9:13am On Oct 04, 2014
DobraDobra:
@BraniacX “Nigeria is not utopia, but it is what we got, building her up is a collective responsibility that involves u and me

you can't fold your arms and claim the system has defeated u, if you can't work with and within the system, then work out and without the system, yes it would cost more but then, such is the price of nation building afterall, i beleive u agree with me that Nigeria is the only nation on earth where you'll never have to explain your presence in, the only nation in the world where you won't owe anyone an apology for living in.

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by DobraDobra: 10:25am On Oct 04, 2014
BraniacX:

you can't fold your arms and claim the system has defeated u, if you can't work with and within the system, then work out and without the system, yes it would cost more but then, such is the price of nation building afterall, i beleive u agree with me that Nigeria is the only nation on earth where you'll never have to explain your presence in, the only nation in the world where you won't owe anyone an apology for living in.

My guy dis will not end its a discussion for ever but one fact is dis what faces me turn its back to someone else. I know where I am coming from I know where I am and I know where am going. Any country that accept me as human and care and provide for my needs and my family dat is my country. I am allowed to make a choice just like any one if any one feels fulfilled in nija goodluck if I am satisfy in syria hoodluck to me no one will miss me in d redevelopment of nija. Its a free choice to live in nija and a free one to stay out..but preach what u preach here to d people dat be dey are d ones dat need to change
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by BraniacX(m): 10:43am On Oct 04, 2014
DobraDobra:

My guy dis will not end its a discussion for ever but one fact is dis what faces me turn its back to someone else. I know where I am coming from I know where I am and I know where am going. Any country that accept me as human and care and provide for my needs and my family dat is my country. I am allowed to make a choice just like any one if any one feels fulfilled in nija goodluck if I am satisfy in syria hoodluck to me no one will miss me in d redevelopment of nija. Its a free choice to live in nija and a free one to stay out..but preach what u preach here to d people dat be dey are d ones dat need to change

i wish u goodluck and succes whatever your decision, u deserve to be happy and secure. Everyone deserves to be happy and secure but while away, don't condemn Naija knowing u're doing nothing to help her and if you can spare time and money for Naija while out, do it and contribute your own small quota to reviving Naija. CHIKENA!

3 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by DobraDobra: 11:00am On Oct 04, 2014
BraniacX:

i wish u goodluck and succes whatever your decision, u deserve to be happy and secure. Everyone deserves to be happy and secure but while away, don't condemn Naija knowing u're doing nothing to help her and if you can spare time and money for Naija while out, do it and contribute your own small quota to reviving Naija. CHIKENA!
I have said b4 dat if about nija is between nigerians yes I can accept any word but if a foreigner is talking about nija I wont accept coss u cant know us more dan ourselves. Y not am sure most people contribute to nija in differnt ways from outside and whenbu have family dia u will still jump me silently to see dem. Even for me I know more about nija dan some people dat are dia 365days
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by BraniacX(m): 11:06am On Oct 04, 2014
DobraDobra:

I have said b4 dat if about nija is between nigerians yes I can accept any word but if a foreigner is talking about nija I wont accept coss u cant know us more dan ourselves. Y not am sure most people contribute to nija in differnt ways from outside and whenbu have family dia u will still jump me silently to see dem. Even for me I know more about nija dan some people dat are dia 365days

well said.
Case closed.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Sagamite(m): 11:56am On Oct 04, 2014
BraniacX:

person, you are waiting for us to save you? grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by jakedes(m): 12:46pm On Oct 04, 2014
Hmmm mm....with all the reasoning,opinions and assumptions made on this thread...I can bet it that majority of those on the #StayBack&Fix9ja team# either have good jobs or are from rich families...while dose on the #FindUrWayOutof9ja team# are either in diaspora or the strugglers trying 2 leave because of the failed system...

Travellin is part of education. Some travel and come back to put what they have achieved into a failed system while some travel n stay back dia cuz they feel they can't effect an change. In a failed system..

You don't have to blame them..our country YES is a failed system but complaining and arguing about will not solve the problem...they more we complain n argue online...we tell the whole world that Nigerians are cowards...and can't do anything about our situation...nobody can fix Nigeria except Nigerians...

I think we should put aside our grudges for this country and start reforming our mentality to rebuild this country..won't you all love Nigeria to be beautiful like the US,UK,CA and other likes...it took all these countries tym 2 b wia d are 2dy...let's stop d complain n get 2 work...if u are in d diaspora find positive things u will learn n come impact it here in Nigeria if u are here in Nigeria n u want 2 travel...fine...go dia n learn something positive n cm impact it in the system here...n 4 d ones dt want 2 stay here without going out...fine also ...get a skill n try 2 chang our fellow Nigerian's metality about fixin up the country...Heaven only help those who help them selves....

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by DobraDobra: 1:04pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sagamite:

I don't think he meant dat but at d same time I see nothing wrong in dat people outside should feel happy wen helping people at home na previledge we all get we have no right to be dia if u are not born dia na grace u dey enjoy. In my little journey out my best holiday is always in nija but dat is after fasting and prayers oo after annointing and impertation by my pastor u don't just enter nija like dat u but carry spiritual weapon but still nija na my best holiday
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by BraniacX(m): 1:08pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sagamite:

u can put a space suit on pig, take it to mars, it'll still remain a pig or closer to home, i beleive the late fela said, you can take a monkey to london, put a tie and jacket on it, it will still have a tail and be a monkey, never a man! Tell me, u probably wear a jacket and a tie now, do you now think your self a man ?

Let me tell you the only value your red or martian passport has to me. . . .
Wiping ma a.r.s.e silly grin ha! cheesy ha! grin ha! cheesy ha! grin ha! cheesy ha! grin ha! cheesy ha! grin ha! cheesy ha! grin ha! cheesy
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by christopher123(m): 2:05pm On Oct 04, 2014
justwise:

My advice to you is to use condom and don't bring back any STDI back to Nigeria because i know you are going to those places to sleep with prostitutes in the name of taking pictures of Nigerians.

Nigerians doing dishes indeed, that alone shows how backward you are.

Moralist
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by jakedes(m): 5:02pm On Oct 04, 2014
majekdom2:
seen

08179713556...Pls 6 is d last number nt 8....typo error.jst. Noticed it nw....
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by striker9(m): 6:12pm On Oct 04, 2014
majekdom2:
am not twisting the scenario nor justifying the situation ..... she was taken to a private hospital anyways .... did you read where one guy talked about Nigerians paying tax and where one talked about NHIS. do all these stuffs happen in a day . you vote him in today and then you want all basic ammenities on board tomorrow .... heheh funny.
Rome wasn't built in. day,I don't call ma country useless but some people have been through what can make them curse this nation, you cant stop them cos even some americans call their country useless.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Sagamite(m): 9:13pm On Oct 04, 2014
DobraDobra:

I don't think he meant dat but at d same time I see nothing wrong in dat people outside should feel happy wen helping people at home na previledge we all get we have no right to be dia if u are not born dia na grace u dey enjoy. In my little journey out my best holiday is always in nija but dat is after fasting and prayers oo after annointing and impertation by my pastor u don't just enter nija like dat u but carry spiritual weapon but still nija na my best holiday

We need to drop that beggar mentality.

The "assist me" "help me" etc is a sign of a dysfunctional society.

Nigeria is a beggar nation, which surprisingly is full of beggars with a sense of entitlement.

Na you know with your spiritual weapon. My brain is too advanced for such.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Sagamite(m): 9:13pm On Oct 04, 2014
BraniacX:

u can put a space suit on pig, take it to mars, it'll still remain a pig or closer to home, i beleive the late fela said, you can take a monkey to london, put a tie and jacket on it, it will still have a tail and be a monkey, never a man! Tell me, u probably wear a jacket and a tie now, do you now think your self a man ?

Let me tell you the only value your red or martian passport has to me. . . .
Wiping ma a.r.s.e silly grin ha! cheesy ha! grin ha! cheesy ha! grin ha! cheesy ha! grin ha! cheesy ha! grin ha! cheesy ha! grin ha! cheesy

Fuuktard! grin

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by DobraDobra: 9:36pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sagamite:

We need to drop that beggar mentality.

The "assist me" "help me" etc is a sign of a dysfunctional society.

Nigeria is a beggar nation, which surprisingly is full of beggars with a sense of entitlement.

Na you know with your spiritual weapon. My brain is too advanced for such.

High level of ignorance am not here to argue with u and nobody will die or go about naked if u don't give and most importantly nobody will miss ur givings we have millions making a difference with what dey give so few people like u are so so so not relevant

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Sagamite(m): 9:38pm On Oct 04, 2014
DobraDobra:

High level of ignorance am not here to argue with u and nobody will die or go about naked if u don't give and most importantly nobody will miss ur givings we have millions making a difference with what dey give so few people like u are so so so not relevant

You are a fuuktard!

So, it is you that is talking about "spiritual weapon" that is talking about "high level of ignorance"?

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by DobraDobra: 10:01pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sagamite:

You are a fuuktard!

So, it is you that is talking about "spiritual weapon" that is talking about "high level of ignorance"?

Wat ever, my guy u are so irrelevant

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Sagamite(m): 10:13pm On Oct 04, 2014
DobraDobra:

Wat ever, my guy u are so irrelevant

And you think it is people with your level of thinking that are relevant? grin

2 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by BraniacX(m): 9:32am On Oct 05, 2014
Sagamite:

Fuuktard! grin

getting creative are wecheesy?

4rm f.c.k.tard to fuuktard uhn? grin

don't worry, seun and crew will catch up wif ya

u've not still told me the zoo you live in yet, i was planning to bring you treats whenever i come visiting cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Sagamite(m): 9:38am On Oct 05, 2014
BraniacX:

getting creative are wecheesy?

4rm f.c.k.tard to fuuktard uhn? grin

don't worry, seun and crew will catch up wif ya

u've not still told me the zoo you live in yet, i was planning to bring you treats whenever i come visiting cheesy grin

Fuuktard! grin
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by BraniacX(m): 10:02am On Oct 05, 2014
Sagamite:

Fuuktard! grin

what type `o treats do ya zoo mates like?

I got dog treats, cat treats hmmm, let me see,............................................ Ok,.......... there's also banannas, a bit of cheese and. . . Of course your personal favourite. . . Pigtreats or should i say human shyite grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (Reply)

Checkout This Lady Commercial Driver In Lagos (photos) / Tavy Pustiu Hit And Killed By Train While Live-streaming Himself / Plane Falls Into Water As Wing Walker And Pilot Scream In The UK (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.