Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,486 members, 7,954,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:20 AM

On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' (64262 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US / Why You Must Travel! / 'by Force By Force I Must Travel Abroad' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Sagamite(m): 11:29am On Oct 05, 2014
BraniacX:

what type `o treats do ya zoo mates like?

I got dog treats, cat treats hmmm, let me see,............................................ Ok,.......... there's also banannas, a bit of cheese and. . . Of course your personal favourite. . . Pigtreats or should i say human shyite grin

Fuuktard, you are still waiting for us abroad to come and save you? grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by BraniacX(m): 12:17pm On Oct 05, 2014
Sagamite:

Fuuktard, you are still waiting for us abroad to come and save you? grin grin grin grin grin

"us abroad?" cheesy

"Save who?" cheesy

Have you looked in the mirror lately?

If u did u'll be like "OH SHYIT! shocked IS THIS WHAT I'VE BECOME? shocked HELP! shocked HEEEELLLLLP! shocked SOMEBODY SHOULD COME AND KILL ME PLEASE! PLEEEEASE! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEAZZZZZ!"

so tell me, how can you save me when u obviously couldn't save yourself?

cheesy ha! grin ha! cheesy ha! grin ha! cheesy ha! grin ha! cheesy ha! grin ha! cheesy ha! grin ha! cheesy ha! grin ha! cheesy ha! grin ha! cheesy ha! grin ha! cheesy ha! grin

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Sagamite(m): 1:13pm On Oct 05, 2014
BraniacX:

"us abroad?" cheesy

"Save who?" cheesy

Have you looked in the mirror lately?

If u did u'll be like "OH SHYIT! shocked IS THIS WHAT I'VE BECOME? shocked HELP! shocked HEEEELLLLLP! shocked SOMEBODY SHOULD COME AND KILL ME PLEASE! PLEEEEASE! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEAZZZZZ!"

so tell me, how can you save me when u obviously couldn't save yourself?

cheesy ha! grin ha! cheesy ha! grin ha! cheesy ha! grin ha! cheesy ha! grin ha! cheesy ha! grin ha! cheesy ha! grin ha! cheesy ha! grin ha! cheesy ha! grin ha! cheesy ha! grin

You are hoping I save you? grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by BraniacX(m): 1:30pm On Oct 05, 2014
Sagamite:

You are hoping I save you? grin grin grin grin grin grin

is this a case of clairvoyance gone gaga? Or are u going nutty? Or maybe you imagine your alter ego to be some sort of psychic like prof xavier and you're over wherever (london zoo's my favourite guess) thinking you're able to think at all talk much less of knowing what am thinking.

Let me give u a clue vegetable, am thinking u're making this duel far too easy for me, this is honestly a stroll in the park, am thinking i might actually have to give up on you if you don't start getting creative, i mean, i don't want people to say i'm riding roughshod on you because of your low I.Q, people will start thinking am a bully so sit up! and make this fun for me or phase out.
But uhn, seems you're still stuck in that imaginary world where you're cool so,. . . . . . . . . . . .hate to bust ya bubble angry . . . .nah! Love to. grin
wake up and look into your potrait dorian sagamite grey!
Your glory days, if you ever had any, are now the shadows of a memory (long gone) SUCKER!
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Sagamite(m): 1:35pm On Oct 05, 2014
BraniacX:

is this a case of clairvoyance gone gaga? Or are u going nutty? Or maybe you imagine your alter ego to be some sort of psychic like prof xavier and you're over wherever (london zoo's my favourite guess) thinking you're able to think at all talk much less of knowing what am thinking.

Let me give u a clue vegetable, am thinking u're making this duel far too easy for me, this is honestly a stroll in the park, am thinking i might actually have to give up on you if you don't start getting creative, i mean, i don't want people to say i'm riding roughshod on you because of your low I.Q, people will start thinking am a bully so sit up! and make this fun for me or phase out.
But uhn, seems you're still stuck in that imaginary world where you're cool so,. . . . . . . . . . . .hate to bust ya bubble angry . . . .nah! Love to. grin
wake up and look into your potrait dorian sagamite grey!
Your glory days, if you ever had any, are now the shadows of a memory (long gone) SUCKER!

Fuuktard, answer. Are you waiting for me to come and save your from misery? grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by BraniacX(m): 1:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
Sagamite:

Fuuktard, answer. Are you waiting for me to come and save your from misery? grin grin grin grin grin
have u seen your potrait lately dorian sagamite grey?

Av seen what you become.
YUCK!

I woulda said save yourself first but honestly, u're already beyond saving now

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Sagamite(m): 10:02pm On Oct 05, 2014
BraniacX:

have u seen your potrait lately dorian sagamite grey?

Av seen what you become.
YUCK!

I woulda said save yourself first but honestly, u're already beyond saving now

Fuuktard, are you not begging me to save you? Yes or No? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by BraniacX(m): 8:06pm On Oct 06, 2014
Sagamite:

Fuuktard, are you not begging me to save you? Yes or No? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

scientist are carrying out a research into hw long one can live without a brain.

So just curious? How long have you been living in this condition? shocked
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Sagamite(m): 8:37pm On Oct 06, 2014
BraniacX:

scientist are carrying out a research into hw long one can live without a brain.

So just curious? How long have you been living in this condition? shocked

Fuuktard, are you begging to be saved? angry grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by BraniacX(m): 7:48am On Oct 07, 2014
Sagamite:

how many years brainless? shocked
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Sagamite(m): 10:18am On Oct 07, 2014
BraniacX:

how many years brainless? shocked

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by orgasticdance: 10:56am On Oct 09, 2014
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by pansophist(m): 9:11pm On Oct 12, 2014
@Sagamite

Lol grin grin grin grin
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by hahn(m): 9:44am On Jan 11, 2015
fr3do:
Frown on the little corruption around you albeit you gain or lose from it.
Love your country.

Those two points alone are enough to change Nigeria. GEJ/Buhari can't change Nigeria until Nigerians themselves change
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by tck2000(m): 10:20am On Jul 20, 2019
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by tck2000(m): 10:23am On Jul 20, 2019
/
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Ugosample(m): 10:52am On Jul 22, 2019
hahn:

Those two points alone are enough to change Nigeria. GEJ/Buhari can't change Nigeria until Nigerians themselves change

true that

And now that Buhari has destroyed our country totally

we see more people fleeing
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Ugosample(m): 10:55am On Jul 22, 2019
BraniacX:

even with all you have said above, it still won't sink into some skulls much less brains that corrupt though we are, we are not the sole architets of this corruption, neither are our corrupt politicians the sole beneficiaries because the corruption is a cycle that even or should i say especially the western goverments benefit from by proxy only they will never admit it publicly, they will rather blow hot air through the media & psuedo-occidento-govermental NGO's about corruption indices, bla bla bla which though true, are misleading since they don't tell the full story.
& yet, some Nigerian dudes go over there, accept anything offered & when asked about Nigeria, trashtalk Nigeria to the west & their media almost kinda insinuating that Nigeria was a type of hellfire, but they will rather lease it out & live in the real hell. Seriously they potray Nigeria to be that bad. I have had arguments with many westerners & asians who have never been to Nigeria before who when i say am Nigerian, suddenly beleive i am hungry,malnourished,diseased with a swollen belly & swathing flies constantly & wonder how i got internet connection & are totally convinced that that is the true scenario on ground in Nigeria & would accept no argument that contradicts their opinions of us & many Nigerians at home and especially abroad do everything short of being hungry,malnourished,diseased with bloated bellies & swathing flies to re-enforce this erroneous beleif about Nigeria. Many of these Nigerians are not aware &\or if aware, dont really care that whatever benefits they are getting there are directly or inderectly accrued from their own nation amongst others by these western goverments by proxy & yet these westerners project a benefactor psyche from themselves onto these Nigerians who then feel very gratefull for every scrap they can gather, like SERIOUSLY! angry are you kidding me? Am not condeming those who go abroad to better themselves and i must stress "THEMSELVES" because when i go out, i will be doing it for myself and by extension, my family, but i won't go there & thrashtalk my country knowing fully well that i have neither done nor sacrificed anything for her to earn the right to complain in the first place. Afterall, the education i have gotten in Nigeria, while not of Havard, MIT, Yale, Princeton, Oxford & Cambridge standards, it is to many intents & purposes free as i know i wouldn't have been able to afford it in those western countries & the prerogative to build on this foundation is solely mine & not the goverment's.
Everyone who has ever lived in Nigeria should objectively & sincerely reflect on themselves & tell us if throughout their existence,the goverment has done absolutely nothing for them & anyone they know.

cheesy cheesy

this guy is out of touch with reality

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Ugosample(m): 10:57am On Jul 22, 2019
maternal:

Over here would deny him ? We're talking about a life and death situation. This isn't about borrowing milk from your neighbor. A relative of mine also recently died in the same manner. The reason nigerians abroad "look down" on nigerians in Nigeria is because most are idiots who know nothing about building a civilized society. When you try to educate them they dismiss you. We'll ladies and gentlemen this is why you pay a lot of taxes. Those mocking those who live abroad "paying all those taxes" this is exactly why you must do it here. So when you need emergency medical care you get it period regardless of your income.

As for those who claim people abroad get treated like 2nd class citizens. Is this how a 1st class citizens are treated there? Dying in a hospital because of no money ? I've heard of dogs in distress getting emergency medical care. Keep your 1st class treated I'd rather get treated as a 2nd class citizen in another man's country. I still get better treatment than a 1st class naija citizen.

you are right

most NINs are dunces bereft og what it takes to build a country

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Ugosample(m): 11:02am On Jul 22, 2019
cronsberg:

Yes i have lived a long enough live of misery, suffering, failed dreams, unfulfiled promises, and disapointments in Nigeria. If i was a citezen of a sane country, my dreams would certainly have been realized, my ambitions will be given support by the government, my skills would have given me a job without having any connections, my life would have been a happy one as every social amenity will be available, i would not have developed a mild depression as the environment will be conducive, i would not have developed heat rashes and occational malaria because of excesive heat combined with lack of electricity . Mr man, go n die joor
I see yiir point
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by BraniacX(m): 12:32pm On Jul 22, 2019
Ugosample:

cheesy cheesy

this guy is out of touch with reality

c'mon mehn! But it was reality before the buhari era nau grin
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Drenimarcus(m): 8:02pm On Jul 23, 2019
Lol this thread is hilarious. Would love to know those arguing about staying in Nigeria then now to know their current position. Are you happy now and fulfilled? You like the security situation of the country? $1-360. Inflation over the roof? Most of them have even deleted their accounts. Deh there deh shout patriotic 9ja. The most useless country in the world!

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Oskydaniellyyy: 10:30pm On Jul 23, 2019
Pasca07:
see your mouth like sakabulaaaaaa,if u are priviledge to get a better job in nigerian,dat doesnt mean u are better than the millions of unemployed hardworking graduates in nigerian.
Nigeria is not design for the youth,even your so called greedy leaders always travel to western world for medical and education.the only reason they r here is because they want to loot the country dry....
For your information 85 precent of our leaders have dual citizen in Uk,GERMANY,CANADA and USA
so stop spewing trash don't let the peanut u are receiving to deceive u with no good constant electricity and health system infact i pray ur family did not contact any deadly diseases dat will require surgery in the western country which will cost u all ur hard earned money.....

You have said it all, they just make mouth on the internet and rants. Nigerians are very selfish and only care about ourselves.

Are the Okada riders, beggars, unemployed graduates and other less priviledge citizens are not Nigerian.

The so called celebrities go abroad for shows, medical treatment abroad, vacation and their wives have babies overseas and other stuffs.

If they really believe that Nigeria is that great, they won't be travelling abroad for those things I mention.

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Ugosample(m): 3:04am On Jul 24, 2019
Drenimarcus:
Lol this thread is hilarious. Would love to know those arguing about staying in Nigeria then now to know their current position. Are you happy now and fulfilled? You like the security situation of the country? $1-360. Inflation over the roof? Most of them have even deleted their accounts. Deh there deh shout patriotic 9ja. The most useless country in the world!

Exactly

back in the day

I have already smelt the rat that this would happen TODAY
but many were arguing with us then
especially that 2013 time
now we have a COMOLETE IDIOT as president taking out country further to the abyss undecided
many who defended Nigeria have lost their jobs and are now emergency marketers and living in worse conditions than they were in day 2012/2013....

Anybody who has the means to relocate better do.
If not lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Ugosample(m): 3:06am On Jul 24, 2019
Oskydaniellyyy:

You have said it all, they just make mouth on the internet and rank. Nigerians are very selfish and only care about ourselves.

Are the Okada riders, beggars, unemployed graduates and other less priviledge citizens are not Nigerian.

The so called celebrities go abroad for shows, medical treatment abroad, vacation and their wives have babies overseas and other stuffs.

If they really believe that Nigeria is that great, they won't be travelling abroad for those things I mention.

Exactly
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Drenimarcus(m): 3:39am On Jul 24, 2019
Ugosample:

Exactly

back in the day

I have already smelt the rat that this would happen TODAY
but many were arguing with us then
especially that 2013 time
now we have a COMOLETE IDIOT as president taking out country further to the abyss undecided
many who defended Nigeria have lost their jobs and are now emergency marketers and living in worse conditions than they were in day 2012/2013....

Anybody who has the means to relocate better do.
If not lipsrsealed

My brother, only a fool will see how things are in Nigeria and not plan his life out now. Like I always tell my Nigerian friends in the UK or here, Nigeria is a destiny killer. A country where nothing except corruption works.

2 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Dipsong: 11:42am On Jul 24, 2019
pansophist:
@OP
Count yourself lucky to be in a position that rejecting a job offer from UN (which will be an escape route outta naija, dreams of the millions) means nothing to you.

My elder brother's friend lost his mum to a little sickness that would have been cured if she was in a good environment even Ghana. She lost her life because there was no electricity with a stupid escuse that the Generator is not working. Put yourself in his shoes and tell me if you wont wish naija was better.

Probably you havent experienced the bitter scourge that most Nigerians experience. Judging life from the yardstick of money only is very flawed and idiotic. How do you enjoy life without electiricty? okay lets assume you have money to buy generator, do you enjoy the noise and the deadly smoke it generates? do you enjoy the fact that your neighbour sleeps in the dark and his child is at risk of motor accident when they go to school alone every morning? do you enjoy the fact that you have to apply for visa everytime you want to travel out for a genuine reason? can you rely on the emergency response of the health officials if you have a minor accident? do you trust the police? do you enjoy the traffic and the litters on the streets? probably you havent experienced life abroad, you wont be saying all this.

As for people looking down on you simply because you reject an UN offer, how are their circumstance? that can be an escapism out of poverty and a direct upliftment to their offspring and family. Migration has also been a core characteristics of the human nature, if anyone choose to migrate, its their choice and their life.

Once again, be happy you got it all good.

Dont mind d op , have always have same issue with people that are doing good in Nigeria,u have to shut d hell up and leave anyone who wants to leave africa or Nigeria. Dis kind of person would say they love visiting why not visit other african countries. U think Nigerians would love to travel if naija is like yanke or they are doing good. Someone like op are just about themselves

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Ugosample(m): 3:25pm On Jul 24, 2019
Dipsong:

Dont mind d op , have always have same issue with people that are doing good in Nigeria,u have to shut d hell up and leave anyone who wants to leave africa or Nigeria. Dis kind of person would say they love visiting why not visit other african countries. U think Nigerians would love to travel if naija is like yanke or they are doing good. Someone like op are just about themselves

exactly so

only a thin segment of the Nigerian populace is having it good....

For the vast majority of poor Nigerian, its HELLISH

2 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by simpleAg(m): 8:25pm On Jul 24, 2019
Drenimarcus:

My brother, only a fool will see how things are in Nigeria and not plan his life out now. Like I always tell my Nigerian friends in the UK or here, Nigeria is a destiny killer. A country where nothing except corruption works.

You’re so right, it’s a long dysfunctional structure and things just keep getting worst by the sec; just imagine having kids.

I have always said rich or not have a backup plan coz it only takes a different political p to come in and all your asset and wealth goes straight down the drain except you’re very rich I mean the elite. group.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Drenimarcus(m): 8:42pm On Jul 24, 2019
simpleAg:

You’re so right, it’s a long dysfunctional structure and things just keep getting worst by the sec; just imagine having kids.

I have always said rich or not have a backup plan coz it only takes a different political p to come in and all your asset and wealth goes straight down the drain except you’re very rich I mean the elite. group.

Yes. This thread started in 2014. 5 years later, it became the poverty capital of the world. Even the rich have backup plans just in case

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply)

Tavy Pustiu Hit And Killed By Train While Live-streaming Himself / Plane Falls Into Water As Wing Walker And Pilot Scream In The UK (Pics, Video) / ''Don't Browse Here' Written In A Taxi In Ogun State (PICS )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.