Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,119 members, 7,953,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:24 PM

On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' (64245 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US / Why You Must Travel! / 'by Force By Force I Must Travel Abroad' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by justwise(m): 10:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
bebe2:

Hahaha

Funny bunch grin

Unbelievable! confused bunch of people writing without any personal experience about the issue

3 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 26, 2014
justwise: [/b]

Loads of garbage, where did you people get this mind set from?

grin years of setbacks and pointless hardship courtesy of the government herself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 26, 2014

Loads of garbage, where did you people get this mind set from?
yes , I mean right from ur childhood , if your family or neighbourhood can't point to anything tangible you have achieved .... then failure is imminent dont you think so ? if you never won awards or was creative all through ur childhood and then on like that .... what then can you make ofurself abroad?

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by justwise(m): 10:42pm On Sep 26, 2014
Silkmoth33:

grin years of setbacks and pointless hardship courtesy of the government herself.

Its a shame.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by justwise(m): 10:44pm On Sep 26, 2014
majekdom2: yes , I mean right from ur childhood , if your family or neighbourhood can't point to anything tangible you have achieved .... then failure is imminent dont you think so ? if you never won awards or was creative all through ur childhood and then on like that .... what then can you make ofurself abroad?

Seriously what planet are you living on? I'm trying to remain calm while i reply this but you are just unbelievable

7 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 26, 2014
justwise:

Seriously what planet are you living on? I'm trying to remain calm while i reply this but you are just unbelievable
bro , its as simple as that ...... you should give me convictions as to being successful abroad , when nothing good has been attributed to you here in nigeria.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by bebe2(f): 10:48pm On Sep 26, 2014
majekdom2: I LAFFF .... you gotta a degree ? just asking... if yes , so you can wash toilet for a white man after all the shakara u use dem big boys do ? Ok , I really dont know you .... you wish to be a government liability ? we need to change our thinking really and understand one needs to be a blessing to others and not liabilities..... because I dont see you bless others when you its the government that feeds you abroad.

Why have u gone personal nahhhhhh,

It's a discussion, state ur own point.
I talk wetin I know u dey argue, do u want to dispute wat I said? Am I lying?

And for ur question, Capital Yesssss. I can wash all the toilet on this planet to feed my kids. And yes, I do have a diploma frm nigeria and a degree from Manchester metropolitan.

12 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 26, 2014
Silkmoth33:

are there not successful people in the years of this hardships. NO excuse for failure.

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by justwise(m): 10:55pm On Sep 26, 2014
majekdom2: bro , its as simple as that ...... you should give me convictions as to being successful abroad , when nothing good has been attributed to you here in nigeria.

How will you know if i state it here? And what is your definition of success?
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 26, 2014
justwise:

How will you know if i state it here? And what is your definition of success?
you just state it .... examples are proofs ..success is being a blessing to others not at your loss tho ... this means you must have achieved you dreams and set goals. sadly , majority don't hae goals, thats why they run here and there.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by justwise(m): 11:05pm On Sep 26, 2014
majekdom2: you just state it .... examples are proofs ..success is being a blessing to others not at your loss tho ... this means you must have achieved you dreams and set goals. sadly , majority don't hae goals, thats why they run here and there.

...and my question is...how will you know if those who traveled abroad without wining village recognized awards have achieved their dreams?

2 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 26, 2014
justwise:

...and my question is...how will you know if those who traveled abroad without wining village recognized awards have achieved their dreams?
oh , you misunderstood that ....I never said you have to win awards .... what I said was ' having something to be remembered for ' ..... If thats their dream , what reason have they travelled for .... this should tell you if they are failures or successes. there is a reason for you being NIGERIAN "don't you think so ?

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by justwise(m): 11:15pm On Sep 26, 2014
majekdom2: oh , you misunderstood that ....I never said you have to win awards .... what I said was ' having something to be remembered for ' ..... If thats their dream , what reason have they travelled for .... this should tell you if they are failures or successes. there is a reason for you being NIGERIAN "don't you think so ?

No i don't and the more you go on with this 'theory' the more you confuses me. Maybe you tell me....what is the reason for being a Nigerian?

9 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 26, 2014

No i don't and the more you go on with this 'theory' the more you confuses me. Maybe you tell me....what is the reason for being a Nigerian?
I can't answer that for you .... its no theories bro . do you read ? if yes , do you read through biographies of successful people ? if yes , you will always find the zeal right from childhood... I know you might say travelling abroad is some zeal too .... yea , but not blaming it on a failed government you understand now ?
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nellyhands: 11:24pm On Sep 26, 2014
safarigirl: which politician spoilt Nigeria? It's foolish Nigerians that spoilt and are still spoiling Nigeria.

You should all be ashamed that less than 3% of Nigerians have put 97% of us in bondage. Really, it's pathetic.

Look at this 4,000 NYSC payment, do you realise if everyone agrees not to pay a dime, they'll cancel that thing? But no, Nigerians can sabotage themselves, a bunch of eediots will go and pay and the rest will have to follow suuite.

When that immigration stampede happened, there were enough people in the Abuja centre to march to aso rock and begin a revolution, but what happened? They all went home and thanked God they were alive to go on another job search tomorrow.

A courageous journalist exposed TB Joshua's condemnable act of bribery and Nigerians condemned the fellow and made shameful, eediotic excuses for the TB Joshua fellow, in a sane country, that man ought to be in jail facing murder and man-slaughter charges, not getting condolences from your president

The problem with Nigeria is it's people, the same people that want to run away and reap where they didn't sow- enjoy the benefits of good governance where the people demanded it, and until you all demand good governance, you'll continue to wallow in your self-pity and run away.

Like Mandela said "the leaders are a reflection of their people"

OP, I'm soooo loving this forum, can you please make room to share topics and comments on Facebook, thanks

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by justwise(m): 11:37pm On Sep 26, 2014
majekdom2: I can't answer that for you .... its no theories bro . do you read ? if yes , do you read through biographies of successful people ? if yes , you will always find the zeal right from childhood... I know you might say travelling abroad is some zeal too .... yea , but not blaming it on a failed government you understand now ?

I knew it, i know you have been wasting your time reading about other people's success stories trying to implement it to every situation. There are thousand and one biographies of rich and famous people written years ago but at the same time poor people still exist even within their friend circles.

When will you realize that people cases are different that what works for you may not work for me? The environment you flourish in may be my worse place to survive in. Why do we have this enclosed and limited mind set of definition of success? Have you traveled and lived abroad to know what success feel like as compare to what its in Nigeria?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 26, 2014
justwise:

I knew it, i know you have been wasting your time reading about other people's success stories trying to implement it to every situation. There are thousand and one biographies of rich and famous people written years ago but at the same poor people still exist even within their friend circles.

When will you realize that people cases are different that what works for you may not work for me? The environment you flourish in may be my worse place to survive in. Why do we have this enclosed and limited mind set of definition of success? Have you traveled and lived abroad to know what success feel like as compare to what its in Nigeria?
hehehe .... you are so funny. I read not to live like ... but to gain from experience ... how old are you ? you follow a path of success not failure. there will always be poor amongst us ,the choice is left for you to be rich or poor..... and a reason for you to choose to be rich is to be a blessing to the poor..... bro , you learn from people that have gone ahead of you . I am yet to see a nigerian who left here for greener pastures and after some years he is listed as the richest man abroad ..... even the said nigerian VC abroad had his degrees abroad . don't you get it ..... you are a minority.....and yes , I have spent vacations abroad. If I ask you what is your definition of success and tell me , what are you going abroad to do ?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by justwise(m): 11:56pm On Sep 26, 2014
majekdom2: hehehe .... you are so funny. I read not to live like ... but to gain from experience ... how old are you ? you follow a path of success not failure. there will always be poor amongst us ,the choice is left for you to be rich or poor..... and a reason for you to choose to be rich is to be a blessing to the poor..... bro , you learn from people that have gone ahead of you . I am yet to see a nigerian who left here for greener pastures and after some years he is listed as the richest man abroad ..... even the said nigerian VC abroad had his degrees abroad . don't you get it ..... you are a minority.....and yes , I have spent vacations abroad. If I ask you what is your definition of success.

Trust me i'm old enough to know that you are talking rubbish. Why do you need to be the richest man or woman abroad to be regarded as a success? So are you a millionaire? You have all these wonderful ideas and you believe that there is no excuse for failure.

12 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 12:17am On Sep 27, 2014
following
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by esteltiarra: 6:15am On Sep 27, 2014
justwise:

I knew it, i know you have been wasting your time reading about other people's success stories trying to implement it to every situation. There are thousand and one biographies of rich and famous people written years ago but at the same poor people still exist even within their friend circles.

Epic,well said and on point......in my opinion,the bold summarizes the whole argument.

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 27, 2014
majekdom2: are there not successful people in the years of this hardships. NO excuse for failure.

When u eventually wake up and realize that u live in a country with population so dense we spill off from the margins. U learn to b independent, true.

Is dis what d Nigerian government has to offer us at best? Nothing?

I guess we can just pass up our nationalities for peanuts, mate.

3 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 27, 2014
justwise:

Its a shame.
yeah! Dey pretty much just help us lick our wounds after they inflict them on us.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 27, 2014
justwise:

Trust me i'm old enough to know that you are talking rubbish. Why do you need to be the richest man or woman abroad to be regarded as a success? So are you a millionaire? You have all these wonderful ideas and you believe that there is no excuse for failure.
OK, I guess you are still in nigeria... why are you still here ?

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 27, 2014
Silkmoth33:

When u eventually wake up and realize that u live in a country with population so dense we spill off from the margins. U learn to b independent, true.

Is dis what d Nigerian government has to offer us at best? Nothing?

I guess we can just pass up our nationalities for peanuts, mate.
tell me what you expect from the government exactly..... give you food to eat ? what exactly? is there any country without its challenges ? why run away from your problems when it is not like where you are going would give you solutions?

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by justwise(m): 9:38am On Sep 27, 2014
majekdom2: OK, I guess you are still in nigeria... why are you still here ?

That is out of the picture, my question is....with all the biographies of the rich and famous people you have read are you now a millionaire? Have you made it? I mean only a lazy man will be poor in Nigeria and there is no excuse for failure.

5 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 27, 2014
justwise:

That is out of the picture, my question is....with all the biographies of the rich and famous people you have read are you now a millionaire? Have you made it? I mean only a lazy man will be poor in Nigeria and there is no excuse for failure.
OH , I never saw that . ... yes , I pay my bills , I earn a good salary. I am climbing up the ladder .... nuturing my ambition. you wanna know ... I ll give you my linkedin profile..... and its not just me .2 of my friends have changed jobs with 2 different multinational companies this year ... so what are we talking. we are just first degree holders , no foreign masters yet.

3 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by justwise(m): 9:58am On Sep 27, 2014
majekdom2: OH , I never saw that . ... yes , I pay my bills , I earn a good salary. I am climbing up the ladder .... nuturing my ambition. you wanna know ... I ll give you my linkedin profile..... and its not just me .2 of my friends have changed jobs with 2 different multinational companies this year ... so what are we talking. we are just first degree holders , no foreign masters yet.

Oh...disappointed...I actually thought you have gone passed every 'joe' kind level with the way you talk....not surprised though.

4 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 27, 2014
majekdom2: tell me what you expect from the government exactly..... give you food to eat ?

Yes please! I'm beyond famished! Give me food to eat.
Indirectly, help me secure a job to be able to fend for my needs.

majek: is there any country without its challenges ?

No ofcourse not! But don't these same other countries ensure that these challenges are met? Can u say d same for Nigeria?
majek: why run away from your problems when it is not like where you are going would give you solutions?
run is dat what u call it.
Ur d same one who said d government is too big to feed look after me! Her citizen. What do u expect me to do? Desicate in the country?

Ofcourse not mehn! Im merely trying to survive.
wink

5 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 27, 2014
justwise:

Oh...disappointed...I actually thought you have gone passed every 'joe' kind level with the way you talk....not surprised though.
yea , am on that level .... so tell me why I have to run away from here ,when I can provide for myself and even my next neighbour. when am not being taxed ridiculously.. at the end of the year the net is 5mil plus....tell me if I would have to wait for the government to give me food or my family shelter.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 27, 2014
Silkmoth33:

Yes please! I'm beyond famished! Give me food to eat.
Indirectly, help me secure a job to be able to fend for my needs.

No ofcourse not! But don't these same other countries ensure that these challenges are met? Can u say d same for Nigeria?
run is dat what u call it.
Ur d same one who said d government is too big to feed look after me! Her citizen. What do u expect me to do? Desicate in the country?

Ofcourse not mehn! Im merely trying to survive.
wink

seen , and the country you are running too will feed you. this is one reason there will always be racism.the country you want to run to are tired of your fellow citizens living there already .... take southafrca for instance , Nigerians are being bashed cause its said wee killing the society..... I wanna ask ... is it the government that is living in south africa ? sure , they are nigerians like you ..... you see the problem is not the government ... the problem is you an your likes.

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by justwise(m): 10:24am On Sep 27, 2014
majekdom2: yea , am on that level .... so tell me why I have to run away from here ,when I can provide for myself and even my next neighbour. when am not being taxed ridiculously.. at the end of the year the net is 5mil plus....tell me if I would have to wait for the government to give me food or my family shelter.

Yea I get your point...you don't need to run away because that is your level of satisfaction, that is enough for you but for other people they want something more, they want to try other environments, they want to move from every joe level to more meaningful lifestyle, they want stable environment, they want to have quality healthcare, education, unteroputed water and power supply, good road network, ess corruption and be happy.

13 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 27, 2014
justwise:

Yea I get your point...you don't need to run away because that is your level of satisfaction, that is enough for you but for other people they want something more, they want to try other environments, they want to move from every joe level to more meaningful lifestyle, they want stable environment, they want to have quality healthcare, education, unteroputed water and power supply, good road network, ess corruption and be happy.
oh , you dont ... it is not my level of satisfaction . I am aiming higher seeking something better .... but I dont have to run..and if everyone run, who will be left. my job can take me anywhere in the world.... after 2 years of being mentored.... I go for trainings already, am just one plus years gone. I don't have to run to somewhere where I would have to lick someone's a*rse to make a living.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

Tavy Pustiu Hit And Killed By Train While Live-streaming Himself / Plane Falls Into Water As Wing Walker And Pilot Scream In The UK (Pics, Video) / ''Don't Browse Here' Written In A Taxi In Ogun State (PICS )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.