Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' (62518 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US / Why You Must Travel! / 'by Force By Force I Must Travel Abroad' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by maternal: 7:00pm On Oct 03, 2014
BraniacX:

i know but the really really expensive proceedures say £200,00 and above are not covered for by the NHS because the goverment spending that amount on one individual automatically and drastically reduces the amount available to spend on other individuals so brits who can afford it, go to france and germany for proceedures the NHS can't cover, others to india. My point is, free healthcare has a monetary cap and you'll be deluding yourself if you think otherwise so i insist, no goverment has all the answers and solutions and no goverment can shoulder all the responsibility

In canada everything is covered.

2 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 03, 2014
BraniacX:

what about diseases that affect your quality of life maybe say spinal injuries e.t.c, before obamacare the treatment available wasn't equal for all americans and even after obamacare, it still isn't equal. Get your facts right. Healthcare in america is basically catered for by health insurance which interpretes into the more you earn, the more insurance you pay the greater your health cover meaning poor americans who earned little and were on goverment aid, had very little cover and many of them resorted to miracle cures and untested drugs and treatment proceedures on the internet (don't be suprised, that is well documented) what obamacare does simply is provide the basic insurance cover for many poor americans, now this is better than what was previously obtained but it still doesn't cover everything for them.
I am not comparing american healthcare to Nigerian healthcare but truth be told american healthcare is only american healthcare in name unless you are rich enough to be able to afford every thing it has to offer but if you are poor, it is still better than the Nigerian health system, just not by that much anymore.

It's obvious that you have an agenda against America or at least American healthcare system.

I'm not going to try to convince you.

To others that may read this thread. Yes you can get full and complete healthcare in American for every single American for any ailment.

What is my background that enables me to speak confidently about this?

I am posting this from my office at a popular West Coast health medical provider.

2 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by BraniacX(m): 7:31pm On Oct 03, 2014
maternal:

In canada everything is covered.

and if all nigerians went to canada, how long will it take for the canadian goverment to place travel restrictions on Nigerians? Whearas no restrictions can ever be placed on you here in Nigeria
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
hehehe ... .... what majority has failed to realise. was it not just EU some years back ... we can see whats happening there now just some little more time we will see what will happen in North america.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by maternal: 7:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
BraniacX:

and if all nigerians went to canada, how long will it take for the canadian goverment to place travel restrictions on Nigerians? Whearas no restrictions can ever be placed on you here in Nigeria

Boko Haram restricts my movements

4 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by jakedes(m): 7:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
majekdom2: dont blame it solely on the government .... blame it on the people you surrounded yourself with .... your friends and families ..... if you wanna blame.... and you know why you cant blame them ? .... cos they also blame the government. did you see what that man who lost his only son in the last shool shooting in america did.. you can do the same . the same insane name you called your government was same he called his.

Bros u no call again??...
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
maternal:

OPC in my neighborhood restricts my movement (I have to be home by 10 or so). Armed robbers write letters to some neighborhoods that they are coming, etc.

3 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 03, 2014
drop the line .... the mention was too much .
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by BraniacX(m): 7:38pm On Oct 03, 2014
InvertedHammer:
\
No hospital Emergency room will deny you treatment with or without insurance.

They will stabilize you, transfer you to a county hospital if it is not emergency.

If emergency, the hospital will treat and bill you later.

/

neither will she be denied emergency treatment in any goverment hospital in Nigeria even during a strike, there are always doctors available to attend to strictly emergency cases.
But as you said, she was taken to a private hospital. I don't know the law but i would like to beleive there is a law that mandates doctors to attend to patients in emergency situations even in private hospitals although enforcement is another thing. Its a pity sha
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 03, 2014
jakedes:

Bros u no call again??...
drop the line ... the mention was quite .....
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 03, 2014
maternal:

if boko restricts movement ... everybody for don run now.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 03, 2014
CityNG:

OPC in my neighborhood restricts my movement (I have to be home by 10 or so). Armed robbers write letters to some neighborhoods that they are coming, etc.
if this is true , club house for don shut down now .... today is friday mehn plus eil kabir.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by jakedes(m): 7:45pm On Oct 03, 2014
majekdom2: drop the line ... the mention was quite .....

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 03, 2014
jakedes:

seen
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 03, 2014
majekdom2: if this is true , club house for don shut down now .... today is friday mehn plus eil kabir.

It is true in my neighborhood. I write from experiences on Nairaland.

Do I go to clubs? Yes, but that means I stay there till the morning or check into a room but I can't go home.

Rules are rules and I obey rules based on where I live.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by BraniacX(m): 7:52pm On Oct 03, 2014
CityNG:

It's obvious that you have an agenda against America or at least American healthcare system.

I'm not going to try to convince you.

To others that may read this thread. Yes you can get full and complete healthcare in American for every single American for any ailment.

What is my background that enables me to speak confidently about this?

I am posting this from my office at a popular West Coast health medical provider.

ol' boy! shocked easy on the half truths oh! "full and complete healthcare in america for every single american for every ailment"? Guy! Easy dey lie oh!

And for your information, i have nothing against America and the American healthcare system afterall, it is my plan to work in the american healthcare industry. Because i state facts and the facts don't agree with the view you're trying to project doesn't mean i have an agenda.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 03, 2014
BraniacX:

ol' boy! shocked easy on the half truths oh! "full and complete healthcare in america for every single american for every ailment"? Guy! Easy dey lie oh!

And for your information, i have nothing against America and the American healthcare system afterall, it is my plan to work in the american healthcare industry. Because i state facts and the facts don't agree with the view you're trying to project doesn't mean i have an agenda.

Young Son, calling me a liar is idiotic.

If you have proof that I'm wrong post it.

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by DobraDobra: 9:01pm On Oct 03, 2014
BraniacX:

i know but the really really expensive proceedures say £200,00 and above are not covered for by the NHS because the goverment spending that amount on one individual automatically and drastically reduces the amount available to spend on other individuals so brits who can afford it, go to france and germany for proceedures the NHS can't cover, others to india. My point is, free healthcare has a monetary cap and you'll be deluding yourself if you think otherwise so i insist, no goverment has all the answers and solutions and no goverment can shoulder all the responsibility
My guy I work in d health industry let us leave story out of dis I don't get ur £200:00 I believe u mean £200k. Ok dia is no medical procedure dat will be up to dat even if dey have to remove ur vital organs ok let's talk cancer yes dia is cap on what NHS will give u dey will provide less expensive drugs wen dia is prove dat d person will die in number of months dey just wat to give u dignify last moment. My gus do u listen to news here if government can't do it charities will do of recent did u hear about d small boy dat has brain cancer and d parents took away from d hospital? Yes police went after dem got dem in spain but people made noise of dia arrest and dey where left alone ok nhs said dey can't pay 65k for d boys treatment charity came up with d money later nhs came back and say dey will foot d bill. My guy nija is my country if a forigner talks bad about nija will fight dia but wen its between us nija our selves we know our selves better wat face me turn its back to someone else. For me any country dat accept d whole of u is ur country. Yes dey do discriminate but if u know ur onions u will go smiling to d bank my friend in nija we discriminate among our selves worst dan wat oyinbo will do to us with oyinbo I can challenge it in nija I can not dey will say quotersystem

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by DobraDobra: 9:09pm On Oct 03, 2014
BraniacX:

neither will she be denied emergency treatment in any goverment hospital in Nigeria even during a strike, there are always doctors available to attend to strictly emergency cases.
But as you said, she was taken to a private hospital. I don't know the law but i would like to beleive there is a law that mandates doctors to attend to patients in emergency situations even in private hospitals although enforcement is another thing. Its a pity sha

Have u had experince of an emergency in government hospital b4? Pls let us say wat we know here my friend was very sick very very was moved from private to luth wen d doctor could not cope any more at luth dey asked for money 70k after paying dey said no bed my friend received drips on a chair he got abed at 3am when someone diedi went visiting O mY God in a normal society d ward I visited will be closed down locked up I have to put my hands in my pocket could not sit down d bed it self na death

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by DobraDobra: 9:13pm On Oct 03, 2014
DobraDobra:

Have u had experince of an emergency in government hospital b4? Pls let us say wat we know here my friend was very sick very very was moved from private to luth wen d doctor could not cope any more at luth dey asked for money 70k after paying dey said no bed my friend received drips on a chair he got abed at 3am when someone diedi went visiting O mY God in a normal society d ward I visited will be closed down locked up I have to put my hands in my pocket could not sit down d bed it self na death
Yes people die. In white man hospital too errors do happen dey too can get it wrong but u won't go empty handed dia will be adequate provitions for d person in any form
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by BraniacX(m): 10:02pm On Oct 03, 2014
DobraDobra:

i have and u're quite right so i won't disagree with you but that was your own personal experience but having said that, the scenario you described didn't state that your friend was at imminent risk of dying(very sick yes, dying no) and also it implies that the hospital beds were totally filled up, truth is goverment hospital are understaffed, not adequately equipped and truth be told the patient population is also very high as you yourself experienced but the good news is that thanks to the not so satisfactory service you received or should i say despite it, your friend survived. Imagine a scenario where after the doctor at the private hospital gave up on your friend, there was no unsatisfactory goverment hospital to refer him/her to? What do you think will happen then?
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by maternal: 10:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
BraniacX:

Excuse me. A family member just passed because he was denied care during a hospital strike. What the hell are you talking about. Even if it was illegal to deny one treatment during a emergency, who would enforce it in that lawless country ? The fact in 2014 we're seeing and talking about trikes shows what a joke that country is. Every civilized country do not play with such essential services such as doctors, police, etc.

3 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 03, 2014
maternal:

Excuse me. A family member just passed because he was denied care during a hospital strike. What the hell are you talking about. Even if it was illegal to deny one treatment during a emergency, who would enforce it in that lawless country ? The fact in 2014 we're seeing and talking about trikes shows what a joke that country is. Every civilized country do not play with such essential services such as doctors, police, etc.
My argument still remains every government has got it flaws and we all crave for perfection , thats why we got to do our part ...you said strikes in 2014 .... what do we make of the france airline strike that just ended , or the american government agencies that were shut sometime this period last year. The situation in Nigeria is bad , this is not a reason for it to be looked down on. its a bad approach to solving problems.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by DobraDobra: 10:22pm On Oct 03, 2014
BraniacX:

i have and u're quite right so i won't disagree with you but that was your own personal experience but having said that, the scenario you described didn't state that your friend was at imminent risk of dying(very sick yes, dying no) and also it implies that the hospital beds were totally filled up, truth is goverment hospital are understaffed, not adequately equipped and truth be told the patient population is also very high as you yourself experienced but the good news is that thanks to the not so satisfactory service you received or should i say despite it, your friend survived. Imagine a scenario where after the doctor at the private hospital gave up on your friend, there was no unsatisfactory goverment hospital to refer him/her to? What do you think will happen then?

My guy must my friend be on d point of death b4 treatment comes? For a fact dying or living is in d hand of God if not yet ones time one wont die. My friend was on d point of death it was kidney wahala. Look thet bought everything dey used from gloves to cotton wool I was dia I saw it u pay for all test d wife slept on d floor under d stairs u will even strugle to have a space. I am a nigerian first b4 any other nationalty but I have spent lesser yrs abroad dan all I spent in nija but I know d diffrence between hell and heaven. I love nija but I wish it can be all we dream of

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by BraniacX(m): 10:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
DobraDobra:
My guy I work in d health industry let us leave story out of dis I don't get ur £200:00 I believe u mean £200k. Ok dia is no medical procedure dat will be up to dat even if dey have to remove ur vital organs ok let's talk cancer yes dia is cap on what NHS will give u dey will provide less expensive drugs wen dia is prove dat d person will die in number of months dey just wat to give u dignify last moment. My gus do u listen to news here if government can't do it charities will do of recent did u hear about d small boy dat has brain cancer and d parents took away from d hospital? Yes police went after dem got dem in spain but people made noise of dia arrest and dey where left alone ok nhs said dey can't pay 65k for d boys treatment charity came up with d money later nhs came back and say dey will foot d bill. My guy nija is my country if a forigner talks bad about nija will fight dia but wen its between us nija our selves we know our selves better wat face me turn its back to someone else. For me any country dat accept d whole of u is ur country. Yes dey do discriminate but if u know ur onions u will go smiling to d bank my friend in nija we discriminate among our selves worst dan wat oyinbo will do to us with oyinbo I can challenge it in nija I can not dey will say quotersystem

i agree with u almost totally except on the part where u said there is no proceedure that'll cost £200,000k, there are chronic reccurent proceedures e.g some types of malignant growths that need continuos treatment and though you'll not spend the aforementioned amount in one swoop, with time, the cost of management will get to and possibly exceed that amount and am also happy with the fact that you mentioned the role charity sometimes plays but the problem is Nigerians expect their goverment to provide complete and total healthcare for all diseases for them even when model goverments of countries they'll like to go to can't provide these for their citizens, am just trying to say, the goverment has not done as much as they can do for us but the goverments of those countries they'll like to go to are not nursemaid to their citizens, they are more like patners who say i would do most but you to will do small too and that is what the Nigerian goverment is trying to do with NHIS for us but many Nigerians are so fond of Naija-bashing and always see only the bad tins and nothing good at all.

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 03, 2014
BraniacX:

i agree with u almost totally except on the part where u said there is no proceedure that'll cost £200,000k, there are chronic reccurent proceedures e.g some types of malignant growths that need continuos treatment and though you'll not spend the aforementioned amount in one swoop, with time, the cost of management will get to and possibly exceed that amount and am also happy with the fact that you mentioned the role charity sometimes plays but the problem is Nigerians expect their goverment to provide complete and total healthcare for all diseases for them even when model goverments of countries they'll like to go to can't provide these for their citizens, am just trying to say, the goverment has not done as much as they can do for us but the goverments of those countries they'll like to go to are not nursemaid to their citizens, they are more like patners who say i would do most but you to will do small too and that is what the Nigerian goverment is trying to do with NHIS for us but many Nigerians are so fond of Naija-bashing and always see only the bad tins and nothing good at all.
I really dont blame them for bashing , majority are uncultured and really dont know what team work is really . Imagine you are a team leader and you are constantly being bashed and condemned by your team members even when you are doing something great .... you will definitely get frustrated at some point ... thats just the situation in Nigeria. where the average Nigeria sees no good in what has been done or what the government is trying to do . am not being apolitical ..... but we see the power sector is improving , rail system is piking up , auto mobile industry is on the move. yes , the government cant provide jobs for all the graduates , but it is trying..... and a reason it wont be able to do that is because a degree certificate is overatted in nigeria.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by DobraDobra: 10:38pm On Oct 03, 2014
BraniacX:

Go back and read wat i wrote am still going to repeat it dia is no medical procedure dat will take 200k I said if d person have few yrs left to use they will not spend too much money onbd drug rather they will provide d one dat will give d person relif and a meaning way to die. I have 2 cases 1. A nigerian woman dat carried drugs and was caught and sent to prison dia she got sick and was check she got brain cancer and she said dats wat she wanted to use d money for .my guy her head was opened up and treated FREE finished her jail den sent bk to nija 2. Illegal worker nija lady was caught working equally went to jail but she has appointment for operation for fibroid she was taken dia from prison treated free fijish her sentence and was sent to nija. Dis is a country dat will trat u first b4 asking question rather nija will ask u wetin u go do dia y u carry drug y are u illegal die if u wan die

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by BraniacX(m): 10:58pm On Oct 03, 2014
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by BraniacX(m): 10:59pm On Oct 03, 2014
maternal:

movement from where to where charleh?
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by BraniacX(m): 11:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
DobraDobra:

Go back and read wat i wrote am still going to repeat it dia is no medical procedure dat will take 200k I said if d person have few yrs left to use they will not spend too much money onbd drug rather they will provide d one dat will give d person relif and a meaning way to die. I have 2 cases 1. A nigerian woman dat carried drugs and was caught and sent to prison dia she got sick and was check she got brain cancer and she said dats wat she wanted to use d money for .my guy her head was opened up and treated FREE finished her jail den sent bk to nija 2. Illegal worker nija lady was caught working equally went to jail but she has appointment for operation for fibroid she was taken dia from prison treated free fijish her sentence and was sent to nija. Dis is a country dat will trat u first b4 asking question rather nija will ask u wetin u go do dia y u carry drug y are u illegal die if u wan die

i agree with u on everything except the no disease that'll cost £200k, my source was a BBC chat show over 2 years ago and am having trouble digging it up, when i do, i'll post the link then you can make up your own mind.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by striker9(m): 11:07pm On Oct 03, 2014
majekdom2: The doctor is a Nigerian like you ... this has been my point ... it dont matter where you are , an average black man is wicked ,full of greed and envious ... its about time the orientation changes ... you may need something very important where you are and your fellow Nigerian over there would deny you.
Guy you always try to twist scenerio, you have got no remorse whatsoever. Call a spade a spade ,once we know there's is a problem,then we can start a solution .Don't approach me with that childish stuff bout what have done to help the situation, we did the right thing by voting in people to represent us,and we entrust our funds in there care.

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by BraniacX(m): 11:19pm On Oct 03, 2014
majekdom2: I really dont blame them for bashing , majority are uncultured and really dont know what team work is really . Imagine you are a team leader and you are constantly being bashed and condemned by your team members even when you are doing something great .... you will definitely get frustrated at some point ... thats just the situation in Nigeria. where the average Nigeria sees no good in what has been done or what the government is trying to do . am not being apolitical ..... but we see the power sector is improving , rail system is piking up , auto mobile industry is on the move. yes , the government cant provide jobs for all the graduates , but it is trying..... and a reason it wont be able to do that is because a degree certificate is overatted in nigeria.
degree certificate overated? How about lets be factual, a degree certificate is not worth the paper on which it is printed. The worth a certificate has is that which you give to it by building on it, many nigerian youths see the certificate as the end which will provide the means, they come out of school waving it over their heads with pride and are schocked when neither the goverment nor anyone else deigns to notice them. Abroad, school isn't meant for everybody so those who don't go to school acquire other skills to get by in life, here we school only without any skills acquisition hoping manna would fall from heaven. Not everybody is meant to have a white collar job, if a blue collar job is how i pay my bills, then so be it. I repeat, the goverment is no nursemaid and we are no infants rather we are both patners, it do for us, we do for it. CHIKENA!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (37) (Reply)

Lady And Her Best Friend Die In Fatal Motor Accident In Abuja (Photos) / 32-yr-old Man Who Pretends To Be 81 Nabbed While Trying To Get Into US (photos) / 10 Most Populated Countries In The World; See Where Nigeria Falls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.