Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,036 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' (62483 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US / Why You Must Travel! / 'by Force By Force I Must Travel Abroad' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Slowpois0n: 12:18am On Sep 28, 2014
Few weeks ago I slipped into a drain filled with dirty water, I was carrying some gadgets, phones and my laptop with me. I regained consciousness few seconds after and I had to crawl my way out just to meet people standing and looking at me like a piece of shyte. Nobody helped, none called for help. I was injured both on my hands and right leg. but i struggled my way outta the drain all by myself, none stretched out a helping hand.. people only gathered to look.

And that how we have been looking at our corrupt leaders all these years looking at them looting billions yet we do nothing, most live in abject poverty yet they thank God over it.. we do not take action in our hands.. we aint willing to fight.. some of us find travelling out as a way out.. I would if granted the opportunity but I definitely wouldn't go extra miles like selling my properties to travel.

for an ordinary man to make it in Nigeria is possible but not easy, it will take years of hardship and hardwork. some say: do business, invest and make money but where will an ordinary man get the capital? no bank will give you loan without a good collateral.

How do you expect a computer programmer to flourish with the kind of "boju-boju" electricity we have here?
It is good to stay and try to fix our problems ourselves just like the whites did with theirs but its not in our blood, we Nigerians are too self centered. we don't give an eff about the person next door as long as we are confortable within ourselves.

As an average Nigerian, if you are opportuned to travel out, please do. it will be easier for you to achieve your dreams over there than here.

9 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by aspirebig: 12:19am On Sep 28, 2014
mployer:

Bro, you will go abroad, come back and write the opposite of this.
Don't be fooled by movies. My cousins have EU passports yet they are here in Nigeria doing average graduate job. Its never easy to get a white collar job as a black man in Europe, don't know about America anyway.

Bro, read my post very well I am still in Nigeria. I am a learned fellow with good qualifications and good years of work experience. If I am to travel now, my case will not be like your cousin's own, ok. Ori yato si Ori.Your cousin is living his own life and destiny, my own destiny is different too.

You better advice your so called cousin to come back instead of adding figures to those in abroad, before it is too late. Or are you sure you are not even the cousin in question.One thing about life is that personal priorities, personal discipline in areas of handling our scarce resources, destiny, prayer, luck, , opportunities all differs. What worked for A , may not work for B. So read well before posting your comments.

3 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 12:20am On Sep 28, 2014
majekdom2: :hehehe , millions are peanuts ,but men still buy properties abroad when some citizens over there are not done with mortgages.... bro , am happy living in my fools paradise if thats what you call it. you still mind I check o you in 2 years time.

Which property do u want to own! For ur Information, dem no they allow ppl sleep for inside moluè for there oh!
Only ppl that have resident permits are allotted places to crash not tourists.

If u acquire a self contain house however u go still bleed! grin u just can't run away from their system of governance. the government makes sure of dat.

2 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 12:23am On Sep 28, 2014
aspirebig:

Bro, read my post very well I am still in Nigeria. I am a learned fellow with good qualifications and good years of work experience. If I am to travel now, my case will not be like your cousin's own, ok. Ori yato si Ori.Your cousin is living his own life and destiny, my own destiny is different too.
lols ... ori yato sori ni toto . you just wan go there overtake the black men wey don get experience over there with your own experience over here .... hehehe e go be.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by seangy4konji: 12:25am On Sep 28, 2014
some race deh weh dog use 10 years run and na walking distance for horse...irin faaji ni....
majekdom2: lols ... ori yato sori ni toto . you just wan go there overtake the black men wey don get experience over there with your own experience over here .... hehehe e go be.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 12:26am On Sep 28, 2014
Silkmoth33:

Which property do u want to own! For ur Information, dem no they allow ppl sleep for inside moluè for there oh!
Only ppl that have resident permits are allotted places to crash not tourists.

If u acquire a self contain house however u go still bleed! grin u just can't run away from their system of governance. the government makes sure of dat.
my bro was in the states some months back ... he is getting a property soon . guy wake up . I still wan check you out. where you dey for naija now ?

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by maternal: 12:26am On Sep 28, 2014
mrmetoo1:

I actually don't think I've compared that much. What I've said is we can learn from these countries and apply them here. The "flying doctors" girl hasn't solved the healthcare problem in Nigeria but she's taken a step in the right direction (crawling). The Konga/Jumia guys are nowhere close to the Amazon in terms of service or profit or anything but they're doing well (crawling). What I mean is let's try to discourage the "abandon ship" mentality and find solutions (still crawling) to some of our problems.

How long have you been back.

2 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 12:27am On Sep 28, 2014
seangy4konji: some race deh weh dog use 10 years run and na walking distance for horse...irin faaji ni....
lols ... I believe you ... how many irin faaji , you don waka for naija?
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by aspirebig: 12:32am On Sep 28, 2014
majekdom2: lols ... ori yato sori ni toto . you just wan go there overtake the black men wey don get experience over there with your own experience over here .... hehehe e go be.

In life, success, no be who first come ooo, if na so, Jona will not be there today, Even Obama. Watch your thinking man, you are as good as your thought.

In fact, how old re you?
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by seangy4konji: 12:34am On Sep 28, 2014
mee faajii noo faaji but i kno say if u never enter some one papa land you know fit say na your papa land big pass and na ever one know where shoe deh pain am...i don deh husstle since 18 years ago weh i comot house and ko BA JE...Any where belle face>??belle deh go as eye ma je,eye ma mu,eye no get cooking pot and you can never under estimate a husstler..if you like clean nigeria,if you like polish m with god...if i see my money here,na spend any where,d koko na sayif a reasonable young husstler see chance and he no go?if you believe ib dat wealth weh your papa get you no get sense??dEM NO DEH TELL person..

quote author=majekdom2] lols ... I believe you ... how many irin faaji , you don waka for naija?[/quote]
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 12:34am On Sep 28, 2014
majekdom2: my bro was in the states some months back ... he is getting a property soon . guy wake up . I still wan check you out. where you dey for naija now ?

Ur bro was in Abia state abi Osun? Which state?
Nah caravan him go buy for u abi? grin

Anyway ive already told y u can't acquire property on d us. soil.

I'm in Fayetteville! Wherever DAT is Come check me out!
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 12:36am On Sep 28, 2014
aspirebig:

In life, success, no be who first come ooo, if na so, Jona will not be there today, Even Obama. Watch your thinking man, you are as good as your thought.

In fact, how old re you?
what are you saying ? did jonathan jump from otuoke straight to government house ? Obama was a lawyer then a senator and then white house .... bro, u get it now. whoever says you can get to the top of the ladder without taking the steps or climb by skipping a step has clearly decieved you. isnt that obvious?
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 12:38am On Sep 28, 2014

Anything better pass d nonsense dey go feed u with for here.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by mrmetoo1: 12:39am On Sep 28, 2014
maternal:

How long have you been back.

I wonder where you're going with this but its been less than a year
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 12:39am On Sep 28, 2014
Lmao! That was Hilarious!!!

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 28, 2014
Silkmoth33:

Ur bro was in Abia state abi Osun? Which state?
Nah caravan him go buy for u abi? grin

Anyway ive already told y u can't acquire property on d us. soil.

I'm in Fayetteville! Wherever DAT is Come check me out!

lols ... I see you a joker ..ur type no new .all the best in ur hustle but if you need assistance pm me.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 12:42am On Sep 28, 2014
justwise:

Its interesting that in a country of about 150 million people you managed to count just few who made it legitimately without going abroad. How about the rest?
seconded! Thumb up.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 12:43am On Sep 28, 2014
mrmetoo1:

grin where do u reside lekii or ikotun egbe.
Garki or mpampe!
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by maternal: 12:44am On Sep 28, 2014
mrmetoo1:

That's broad. You know exactly where I'm going with this.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Slowpois0n: 12:44am On Sep 28, 2014
seangy4konji: mee faajii noo faaji but i kno say if u never enter some one papa land you know fit say na your papa land big pass and na ever one know where shoe deh pain am...i don deh husstle since 18 years ago weh i comot house and ko BA JE...Any where belle face>??belle deh go as eye ma je,eye ma mu,eye no get cooking pot and you can never under estimate a husstler..if you like clean nigeria,if you like polish m with god...if i see my money here,na spend any where,d koko na sayif a reasonable young husstler see chance and he no go?if you believe ib dat wealth weh your papa get you no get sense??dEM NO DEH TELL person..

quote author=majekdom2] lols ... I believe you ... how many irin faaji , you don waka for naija?
after you came back to Nigeria, have you travelled again?
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 12:45am On Sep 28, 2014
majekdom2: lols ... I see you a joker ..ur type no new .all the best in ur hustle but if you need assistance pm me.

I for beat sense commot ur body. Property ko!
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 12:46am On Sep 28, 2014
seangy4konji: mee faajii noo faaji but i kno say if u never enter some one papa land you know fit say na your papa land big pass and na ever one know where shoe deh pain am...i don deh husstle since 18 years ago weh i comot house and ko BA JE...Any where belle face>??belle deh go as eye ma je,eye ma mu,eye no get cooking pot and you can never under estimate a husstler..if you like clean nigeria,if you like polish m with god...if i see my money here,na spend any where,d koko na sayif a reasonable young husstler see chance and he no go?if you believe ib dat wealth weh your papa get you no get sense??dEM NO DEH TELL person..

quote author=majekdom2] lols ... I believe you ... how many irin faaji , you don waka for naija?
will you tell dangote's child or pade adenuga not to believe in his father's wealth ... forget that talk ... na only poor man pikin dey talk like that.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by seangy4konji: 12:48am On Sep 28, 2014
if you get person for america embassy wey go collect 10 k usd on monday but make i confirm visa first then contact me...i no like reject on my passport....

you think say all dis rasmoboge weh i deh do here deh troll na cos of ui deh try save am all up so even en i reach dere?i go get plnty to start a neew life weh watch all ur drama on 3d.
Slowpois0n: after you came back to Nigeria, have you travelled again?
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 12:49am On Sep 28, 2014
Silkmoth33:

I for beat sense commot ur body. Property ko!
my last qoute to you .... you dey fear ? am sure you are one of those hungry boys in computer village. ... drop ur contact make I hook u up ... abi shame dey catch u ?
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 12:51am On Sep 28, 2014
majekdom2: will you tell dangote's child or pade adenuga not to believe in his father's wealth ... forget that talk ... na only poor man pikin dey talk like that.

Dangotes daughter no dey reason like dat... Every man has his ego to nuture most would want to create there own fame with there fathers name. Not sit back in it like heirs and heiresses.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Slowpois0n: 12:52am On Sep 28, 2014
seangy4konji: if you get person for america embassy wey go collect 10 k usd on monday but make i confirm visa first then contact me...i no like reject on my passport....

you think say all dis rasmoboge weh i deh do here deh troll na cos of ui deh try save am all up so even en i reach dere?i go get plnty to start a neew life weh watch all ur drama on 3d.
lol.. sorry, I can't help.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by seangy4konji: 12:52am On Sep 28, 2014
i no come from rich parents bro...but i thank god for them...they doing well in maryland usa but me don swear to do am on my own sinc age 14 and i thank God...so it just rough proper as naija no smile...So make rich parents deh hail dem papa every morning...nothing like self made sha.
majekdom2: will you tell dangote's child or pade adenuga not to believe in his father's wealth ... forget that talk ... na only poor man pikin dey talk like that.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by seangy4konji: 12:53am On Sep 28, 2014
i no need your help before...nothing pass ALLAH.
Slowpois0n:
lol.. sorry, I can't help.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 12:53am On Sep 28, 2014
Silkmoth33:

grin where do u reside lekii or ikotun egbe.
Garki or mpampe!
this dude is doing way better than you obviously ... you are just an unecessarily arrogant individual .. I cant tell if you can go far.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Slowpois0n: 12:54am On Sep 28, 2014
seangy4konji: i no need your help before...nothing pass ALLAH.
ok.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by seangy4konji: 12:55am On Sep 28, 2014
WELCOME.
Slowpois0n: ok.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 12:55am On Sep 28, 2014
majekdom2: my last qoute to you .... you dey fear ? am sure you are one of those hungry boys in computer village. ... drop ur contact make I hook u up ... abi shame dey catch u ?

Keep dreaming... What is here to b ashamed of? When d pastures are ever greener beyond d oceans.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (37) (Reply)

How Do I Apply For Philippines Visa / Can This Happen At Nigerian Embassies? / 32-yr-old Man Who Pretends To Be 81 Nabbed While Trying To Get Into US (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.