Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? (1988 Views)

Jonathan's Aides - Abati And Others Stripped Of Passport / PDP Crisis: Mu’azu, NWC Threaten Jonathan’s Aides, Associates - VANGUARD / Tinubu - Jonathan’s Aides Threatening Nigeria’s Unity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by Collynzo22: 7:38pm On Sep 23, 2014
I have seen observed some possibly intentional gaffes in recent times that have contributed in no small way in making the present government look clueless and confused in some quarters - strangely by people who are heavily paid to do the complete opposite.

1. General Olukolade announced in April that the Chibok girls have been rescued by the military only to retract the statement after it was proven to be outrightly false.

2. Reuben Abati tweeted a picture of soldiers supposedly in Sambisa forest trying to rescue the Chibok girls, the picture had been in circulation long before the girls were kidnapped. He put up some very weak defences after being called out to that effect.

3. Doyin Okupe repeatedly tweeted a bringbackourgoodluck2015 hashtag, a frankly ill-conceived idea.

4. Reuben Abati tweeted a picture of President Jonathan being welcomed in Chad by Modu Sheriff just few days after he was accused of being a boko haram sponsor. I am sure he could have found a picture that Sheriff did not feature in or at least crop him out before releasing into public domain. Even a toddler would have know that such a picture would be used against the president.

5. Just today, General Olukolade retracted a statement confirming the release of the Chibok girls, a few minutes after confirming their release to local and international media houses.

5 Likes

Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by Collynzo22: 7:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
I am sure there are many more of such Gaffes I can't remember at the moment, if you do please feel free to post them.
It is worthy to note that all those mentioned above come from a certain tribe.
Could there be a conspiracy somewhere?
Are they working for Tinubu?

6 Likes

Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by millos: 7:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
In a dysfunctional government where lunatics are in charge, that is exactly what you get. Confusion, No integrity, and fraudulent behavior becomes the other of the day.

6 Likes

Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by egift(m): 7:52pm On Sep 23, 2014
Collynzo22: I have seen observed some possibly intentional gaffes in recent times that have contributed in no small way in making the present government look clueless and confused in some quarters - strangely by people who are heavily paid to do the complete opposite.
1. General Olukolade announced in April that the Chibok girls have been rescued by the military only to retract the statement after it was proven to be outrightly false.
2. Reuben Abati tweeted a picture of soldiers supposedly in Sambisa forest trying to rescue the Chibok girls, the picture had been in circulation long before the girls were kidnapped. He put up some very weak defences after being called out to that effect.
3. Doyin Okupe repeatedly tweeted a bringbackourgoodluck2015 hashtag, a frankly ill-conceived idea.
4. Reuben Abati tweeted a picture of President Jonathan being welcomed in Chad by Modu Sheriff just few days after he was accused of being a boko haram sponsor. I am sure he could have found a picture that Sheriff did not feature in or at least crop him out before releasing into public domain. Even a toddler would have know that such a picture would be used against the president.
5. Just today, General Olukolade retracted a statement confirming the release of the Chibok girls, a few minutes after confirming their release to local and international media houses.

Add the following: "I don't give a dam" and "Stealing is not corruption". grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by omenka(m): 7:55pm On Sep 23, 2014
All the blame, to the very last micro-gram, is Jonathan's. Whatever happened to firing perpetually erring errand boys!!

3 Likes

Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by 2cato: 7:57pm On Sep 23, 2014
egift:

Add the following: "I don't give a dam" and "Stealing is not corruption". grin grin grin
we kow you and stop having high BP for gej is wining the next election

5 Likes

Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by pekeyim: 8:04pm On Sep 23, 2014
Well I don't think so, probably just some over zealous individuals messing things up.
Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ebola screening for the military high command
Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by Collynzo22: 8:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
omenka: All the blame, to the very last micro-gram, is Jonathan's. Whatever happened to firing perpetually erring errand boys!!
That is what I don't understand.
Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 23, 2014
Collynzo22: I am sure there are many more of such Gaffes I can't remember at the moment, if you do please feel free to post them.
Jmain,I am sure you won't like the bold comment.

4 Likes

Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by egift(m): 8:15pm On Sep 23, 2014
2cato: we kow you and stop having high BP for gej is wining the next election

Your colleague just described him and those that work with him as clueless and incompetent grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 23, 2014
First, the President himself is an embarrassment to the office he's occupying. He doesn't seem to know what the office entails and how serious the business of the Office is.
Secondly, the President has consistently confirmed his incompetence through his appointments, speeches, his actions and inactions. What is the brain behind appointing a Medical Doctor(Okupe) to do the job of Image Making? Labaran Maku is another blockhead and Abati is a pure journalist and not a image maker nor information manager. He got all these wrong. The best they will do is sycophancy and more embarrassment. Image making calls for strategic thinking, you gather your facts before disemanating information and expect feedbacks- in the form of praise and criticism. Your ability to handle feedbacks will greatly influence the image of your principal. It is a serious business.

But our politicians are used to square peg in a round hole. The result is mediocrity and embarrassment.
@OP no one is sabotaging Jonathan, his decision is working against him.

9 Likes

Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by 2cato: 8:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
egift:

my BH colleague just described him and those that work with him as cluefull and competent grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by pendy79: 8:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
When you highlight and escalate gaffe by certain individual and forget those of your kin(stella oduahgate) shows high level of nepotism and bias reasoning.

The persistent gaffe and incompetency is a highlight and symbolic perception of this administration. I'm sure the people you mentioned were nominated to the head clueless by tinubu as part of the agreement to deliver the SW to the daft one in 2011.

I just learn that it was tinubu that wrote the "america will know" tirade during the last NTA interview and infact he chose madam peace of the" na only you waka come" fame for him as wife way back in secondary school.

Breaking news! Shekau is tinubu's nephew from his maternal side.

11 Likes

Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
It was indeed below professional military standard. Chris failed to follow protocols
I guess the politicians in Abuja have infected him

1 Like

Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 23, 2014
What Olukolade did was a big slap to the military institution and the government. If I was the President, I will fire him and the service chiefs for this embarrassment.

In some countries, the leader will resign!!!

3 Likes

Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:23pm On Sep 23, 2014
Jonathan is clueless personified, his aides are just "helping" in modifying it!

Nonsense!!!

6 Likes

Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by GowonAbacha: 8:28pm On Sep 23, 2014
NgeneUkwenu: Jonathan is clueless personified, his aides are just "helping" in modifying it!

Nonsense!!!
What else do you expect from a static leader with no vision.

1 Like

Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by shegxi(m): 8:32pm On Sep 23, 2014
Labaran maku in april after a FEC meeting also said categorically dat we have cure for ebola and things have been put in place to prevent......now we knw better.
U can't put dis things pass d president, he has d power to hire and fire and he is d GCFR and C-I-C. Sometimes i pity d man sha.

3 Likes

Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by Collynzo22: 8:45pm On Sep 23, 2014
berem: Jmain,I am sure you won't like the bold comment.
Why you too like to jam people head together?

1 Like

Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by Genius100: 8:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
Collynzo22: I am sure there are many more of such Gaffes I can't remember at the moment, if you do please feel free to post them.

No, they are not working for Tinubu. GEJ is just really incompetent and clueless
Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 23, 2014
Collynzo22:
Why you too like to jam people head together?
did you have to make such statement? I was loving your posts until you flopped. If you think "the tribe" is the problem of Jonathan's administration,then tell Jonathan to stop appointing "the tribe" in his cabinet. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by Collynzo22: 8:56pm On Sep 23, 2014
Genius100:

No, they are not working for Tinubu. GEJ is just really incompetent and clueless
How is his ''cluelessness'' the reason why heavily paid adult (actually elderly) employees of his are making ''mistakes'' even kids will not make.
Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by free2ryhme: 8:58pm On Sep 23, 2014
Collynzo22: I have seen observed some possibly intentional gaffes in recent times that have contributed in no small way in making the present government look clueless and confused in some quarters - strangely by people who are heavily paid to do the complete opposite.

this is what u get when u have educated illiterate elected as president

1 Like

Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by omenka(m): 9:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
berem: did you have to make such statement? I was loving your posts until you flopped. If you think "the tribe" is the problem of Jonathan's administration,then tell Jonathan to stop appointing "the tribe" in his cabinet. undecided
This tribe and religion thingy is getting more and more nauseating daily. I still find it very difficult believing that supposedly educated folks tow that line of thought!!

It is so appalling.

5 Likes

Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 23, 2014
omenka: This tribe and religion thingy is getting more and more nauseating daily. I still find it very difficult believing that supposedly educated folks tow that line of thought!!

It is so appalling.
that shows the level in which Nigerians have been divided along ethnic and religious lines. Making good points and spoiling it with ethnic sentiments.

5 Likes

Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
I guess Tinubu is also the one stopping GEJ from firing them undecided this Tinubu must be really powerful o grin

By the way it was really pointless to bring in tribe, your post would have had more integrity without that. This only shows that you're a bigot

4 Likes

Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by Jmain: 10:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
berem: Jmain,I am sure you won't like the bold comment.

That statement was unnecessary, it destroyed whatever points he was trying to make.

1 Like

Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by nuclearboy(m): 11:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
This President outsources everything, including his thinking, which is why he is terrified of facing opponents, the press and even falters during his reading of speeches. His low self esteem compels he employs the dregs of society who are best suited to massaging egos, being sycophants and bowing and scrapping before him.

Many of his supporters here on Nairaland would do a far better job than Okupe, Abati etc but I doubt they won't tire and start to argue and force him to stand up for himself (which is what he's petrified of apparently) - so he keeps them far and prefers the vilest dregs next to him.

Dude is just too lazy and sees Aso Rock as a place where one enjoys, poses for photos and allows others do the work - Its his fault, end of - all he has to do is choose humans rather than vermin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by Genius100: 12:20am On Sep 24, 2014
Collynzo22:
How is his ''cluelessness'' the reason why heavily paid adult (actually elderly) employees of his are making ''mistakes'' even kids will not make.

Who hired them? Who has the power to fire them? And why has he not fired them? That is precisely why GEJ is incompetent and clueless...

1 Like

Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by Nobody: 2:19am On Sep 24, 2014
People do make genuine mistakes, sometimes out of over-zealousness and trying to impress their paymaster. Just that in this digital age and in the current politically charged atmosphere in Nigeria, every issue tend to be magnified 100 times and dissected 100%. 99% of those posting judgemental and senseless comments on this thread do not have upto 10% of the competence of the names mentioned by the OP in real life. Abati for instance is one of the best in his field, atleast in Nigeria.

If you keep sacking everyone who errs around you, then you'll soon be on your own because to err is human.

4 Likes

Re: Are Jonathan's Aides Intentionally Making Him Look Clueless? by gratieao: 3:02am On Sep 24, 2014
barcanista: First, the President himself is an embarrassment to the office he's occupying. He doesn't seem to know what the office entails and how serious the business of the Office is.
Secondly, the President has consistently confirmed his incompetence through his appointments, speeches, his actions and inactions. What is the brain behind appointing a Medical Doctor(Okupe) to do the job of Image Making? Labaran Maku is another blockhead and Abati is a pure journalist and not a image maker nor information manager. He got all these wrong. The best they will do is sycophancy and more embarrassment. Image making calls for strategic thinking, you gather your facts before disemanating information and expect feedbacks- in the form of praise and criticism. Your ability to handle feedbacks will greatly influence the image of your principal. It is a serious business.

But our politicians are used to square peg in a round hole. The result is mediocrity and embarrassment.
@OP no one is sabotaging Jonathan, his decision is working against him.
I have to agree with you. Shakarau was made an education minister the other day simple because he decamped from APC to PDP.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Note Of Gratitude To Some Of The Politics Moderators-tunde Ajani / Fashola Indirectly Urges Nigerians Not To Vote Buhari / I Will Revamp Agriculture, Employ Teachers - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.