Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Is Jealousy Part Of Love? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Jealousy Part Of Love? (27607 Views)

Is Jealousy Part Of Love? / Is Jealousy Normal In A Relationship? / Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Sarimah(f): 7:07am On Sep 24, 2014
Unibenstudent: What will make someone uncontrollably jealous
it depends..some people get jealous over little things...especially guys lipsrsealed
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by peter4d2(m): 7:08am On Sep 24, 2014
grin
Tryin
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by dytbabe: 7:10am On Sep 24, 2014
grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Reminds me when I was seeing this guy
He will always be like, I love u bt this ur craziness is killing me grin grin grin grin

Yes I nagged his head outta his body, I was so obsessed with him. I had a drm one night he was with another lady, woke up and that same midnight I called and started ranting that he better watches his back that I will kill any woman that tries to take my place, nigga was slpn yes grin grin grin the amount of anger in his reaction cld brk the walls of jerico cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I woke up next morning and cldnt blv all I said to him, I started pleading cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 24, 2014
Sarimah: it depends..some people get jealous over little things...especially guys lipsrsealed
ok,well maybe the guy knows the girl has the potential to cheat xo he keeps checkmating her,,so how much of jealousy is supposed to keep u in a relationship?
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Sarimah(f): 7:19am On Sep 24, 2014
Unibenstudent: ok,well maybe the guy knows the girl has the potential to cheat xo he keeps checkmating her,,so how much of jealousy is supposed to keep u in a relationship?
a little bit of it
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 24, 2014
Sarimah: a little bit of it
lols,I guess u will like a guy who can cope with your ability to make friends easily and be rest assured that he is still the king of ur heart

Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by DGKN: 7:24am On Sep 24, 2014
dytbabe: grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Reminds me when I was seeing this guy
He will always be like, I love u bt this ur craziness is killing me grin grin grin grin

Yes I nagged his head outta his body, I was so obsessed with him. I had a drm one night he was with another lady, woke up and that same midnight I called and started ranting that he better watches his back that I will kill any woman that tries to take my place, nigga was slpn yes grin grin grin the amount of anger in his reaction cld brk the walls of jerico cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I woke up next morning and cldnt blv all I said to him, I started pleading cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin grin
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by dytbabe: 7:31am On Sep 24, 2014
DGKN:

grin grin

Trust me
I am the queen of nags when it comes to it
grin grin grin
Infact I barged a very cool name
CRAZY JEALOUS WOMAN
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by gudluckgreat(m): 7:39am On Sep 24, 2014
dytbabe:
Trust me
I am the queen of nags when it comes to it
grin grin grin
Infact I barged a very cool name
CRAZY JEALOUS WOMAN
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
eleojo23: People get jealous because they feel a certain fear of losing the person they love to someone else. But if one is getting overly aggressive for no reason, then it's not healthy. There is some kind of insecurity when someone is over jealous. Someone who grew up with self confidence and love rarely have blind jealousy in their character unless there is an obvious reason to panic. It now becomes defending your 'territory'
grin
eleojo23: People get jealous because they feel a certain fear of losing the person they love to someone else. But if one is getting overly aggressive for no reason, then it's not healthy. There is some kind of insecurity when someone is over jealous. Someone who grew up with self confidence and love rarely have blind jealousy in their character unless there is an obvious reason to panic. It now becomes defending your 'territory'
I heard that in 700
BC
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 24, 2014
slimmy05: Where is Joenice? another debate for you.
Absolutely. Before I say Jack Robinson, you already called my name. I slept like a baby last night. Did you sleep well last night too? Hope you're fine today. smiley
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by charlesditro: 7:45am On Sep 24, 2014
Teespice: So an argument is going on right now in my room now as regard the question above. personally, I feel a little jealousy is healthy in relationships. what won't be healthy is when it spiralls out of control and leads to obsession.

let's hear different views.

Ask GOD I believe he defined it.
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by EJanni(f): 7:46am On Sep 24, 2014
without Jealousy how can you protect your own? Ofcourse jealousy is a sign of love. But it should be moderate o!
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Chukwutobi: 8:00am On Sep 24, 2014
If my God is jealous, who am I not to be?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by jahbiz: 8:01am On Sep 24, 2014
ochon: Personally, I can't date or marry any girl that doesn't have a tinge of jealousy for me, and vice versa.

Small jealousy or moderate jealousy is needed, it shows one cares about his or her significant partner. Jealousy is man's nature, so it's nothing to be ashamed of.

However excessive or over-the-top jealousy, is a no-no for me. It kills my love for a girl faster than a marksman bullet to his target. When a girl gets overtly jealous over little things, or even ask I cut off my female friends that have been there before she came, without any CREDIBLE reason(s), then I'll have to find my way out of that relationship. Most times, it leads to headaches from the nagging partner.

But one partner should try his or her best to be open about his or her dealings with opposite genders, to reduce his or her partner's chances of getting overtly jealous. Don't give him or her reasons to get overtly jealous.

Normal jealousy - a welcome development

Excessive jealousy - hell to the NO!!
U have spoken my mind. God says he is a jealousy....... because he loves us and don't want to share us with other gods.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Teespice(f): 8:18am On Sep 24, 2014
adonbilivit: nah, jealousy is for the weak and its a female trait

this is not a female bashing thread and as such I won't like such sexist comments.

jealousy is not a trait known to females alone but to males as well even though females tend to show that more as a result of the way we are wired.
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Teespice(f): 8:22am On Sep 24, 2014
lurvy: [size=15pt]@ OP, I see...So an argument from your room actually made front page??

End Will Never Wonder here on NL![/size] lipsrsealed

well, I wanted to get more views and opinions. location should not be the issue.

that said, you have anything to add?
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by adonbilivit: 8:22am On Sep 24, 2014
Teespice:

this is not a female bashing thread and as such I won't like such sexist comments.

jealousy is not a trait known to females alone but to males as well even though females tend to show that more as a result of the way we are wired.
it is what it is anyway. my apologies
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by beckyomas(f): 8:25am On Sep 24, 2014
You guys have said it all, it all boils down to a healthy one but some guys wouldn't agree that they are jealous sha.
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 24, 2014
Teespice: So an argument is going on right now in my room now as regard the question above. personally, I feel a little jealousy is healthy in relationships. what won't be healthy is when it spiralls out of control and leads to obsession.

Of course, being jealous in a relationship is good. It shows "indication of interest" which is what keeps relationship going and is paramount. Unfortunately, most people don't like it. Because it makes them feel weak and insecure. Another problem is competition. In other words, competition is a fact of life, and not an obsession. We treasure more what is hard to obtain and this is why women love to play games most times when they are in love with a man. To them, it is part of life and a way of knowing how strong the man really is emotionally.

Another drawback is nobody wants to lose, perhaps what is rightly belongs to them. For instance, I am not a jealous type when i'm in love with somebody. Instead, I turn it around whenever she tries to make me jealous. cheesy Because I am not wussy. I give her the go ahead and doing so, she will realize that I am not a wuss and I probably do not care. Not that I don't really care for the woman. It's just a way of showing her that she cannot really make me feel emotionally weak. cheesy Hence, she would think that I have had enough of her and want to leave her for another woman.

1 Like

Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by ifyfaith: 8:50am On Sep 24, 2014
justi4jesu: Well my opinion is that jealousy is a sign of affection in the sense I assume you're referring to.

Though if the situation is like for example, Your boyfriend/girlfriend is hanging out with someone else, to be jealous, or to trust them is the question.

In different circumstances you may be jealous, but I believe jealousy, balanced with trust is true love. cheesy

Very well said[b][/b]
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by dre11(m): 8:52am On Sep 24, 2014
A little jealousy is healthy for the relationship....
Where there is no jealously..... There is no love

Because we are human and we tend to protect what we get in our own way..... And by this way we get a bit jealous when the one we do care about/love is giving someone/something his full attention and not ours...

But to much of it is bad.... This is as a result of insecurity and inferor complex of the one showing that seed of much jealousy
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by wuramini(f): 8:53am On Sep 24, 2014
CAPITAL YES even GOD is jealous wen he see us doing bad :oCAPITAL YES even GOD is jealous wen he see us doing bad
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Marverick(m): 8:54am On Sep 24, 2014
Being jealous shows u hv genuine intreast in somebody,but overdoing it mks u look emotionally needy and desperate,a big turnoff 4 many peeps
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 24, 2014
Jealousy is a sign of love .....daniel said in the bible , for I am jealous for you ... thats why he would not defile himself.
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by justi4jesu(f): 8:57am On Sep 24, 2014
ifyfaith:

Very well said

tanx cheesy
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 24, 2014
EJanni: without Jealousy how can you protect your own? Ofcourse jealousy is a sign of love. But it should be moderate o!
yeah, exactly!!!
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 24, 2014

Anita oyakhilome in d making
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Teespice(f): 9:08am On Sep 24, 2014
pussyaddict:

Anita oyakhilome in d making

smh

by their handles you shall know them.

swerve to the left if you have nothing useful to say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Twitter Users Share Most Insulting Excuses They've Ever Been Told By Cheating Ex / Throwback Photo Of Timi Dakolo / 10 Step To Make A Girl/guy Hate You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.