Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) (62839 Views)

Have You Ever Tried This Method of Identifying Rotten Eggs ? Photo / Cooking Tips For Career Minded Single Guys (pictures Included) / What Is The Craziest Food Combination You Have Ever Tried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Donfamous(m): 8:04pm On Sep 24, 2014
One of the oldest wasys of grinding pepper,
Its so cool and adds some flavour to ur stew, but it seems people are lazy to try this step now, and most of our new generation wife don't even know anything about this, or consider it rather stressful, and primitive.
So have u ever tried it, and when last was it?

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by naturally: 8:15pm On Sep 24, 2014
Sweet stew esp 'obe ekuru'

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Donfamous(m): 8:20pm On Sep 24, 2014
naturally: Sweet stew esp 'obe ekuru'
bros u Sabi ekuru sha? Are u from ekiti?
U know those kind stew rich with iru

27 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Gboliwe: 8:20pm On Sep 24, 2014
My grandma has a stone like this in the village. I always know the day I try to grind pepper with is the day I will be hospitalised. I am sure the pepper will enter somewhere else tongue

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by naturally: 8:23pm On Sep 24, 2014
Donfamous: bros u Sabi ekuru sha? Are u from ekiti?
U know those kind stew rich with iru
Lol, I'm not from ekiti
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Tenderly1(f): 5:59pm On Sep 25, 2014
@op dnt jump to conclusion, I have that grinding stone tho mine is way cuter than yours grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by timsbee(f): 9:26pm On Sep 25, 2014
We av one in our compound at d backyard wher all d women of d fifteen face me i jail u rooms, always use to do quick grinding.

If dat one surface spoil, anoda woman go bring her own comout....

Oh sweet memories, gone are those days....

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by EfemenaXY: 11:07am On Sep 26, 2014
Always fancied learning how to use one of those, but never quite did so.

I wonder what part of Nigeria they first originated from? And how they are made...or are they cut from solid rock?

Cococandy, your input is needed... cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by cococandy(f): 11:16am On Sep 26, 2014
Hehehe. grin
No I've not used it before.
Even my grandma didn't own one.
It's more common with yoruba folks

Wish I learned too.
EfemenaXY: Always fancied learning how to use one of those, but never quite did so.

I wonder what part of Nigeria they first originated from? And how they are made...or are they cut from solid rock?

Cococandy, your input is needed... cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by EfemenaXY: 11:21am On Sep 26, 2014
But you usually know the answer to these things babe...sigh sad

Lemme go look it up with google then...
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by cococandy(f): 11:38am On Sep 26, 2014
As the Adanma of nairaland eh? cheesy

My MIL has one that she doesn't use anymore anyway. Just lying there.
Everyone ahs turned to electric blenders

EfemenaXY: But you usually know the answer to these things babe...sigh sad

Lemme go look it up with google then...

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by bukatyne(f): 11:45am On Sep 26, 2014
Donfamous: One of the oldest wasys of grinding pepper,
Its so cool and adds some flavour to ur stew, but it seems people are lazy to try this step now, and most of our new generation wife don't even know anything about this, or consider it rather stressful, and primitive.
So have u ever tried it, and when last was it?

Hardworking man,

Have you tried using it before?

28 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Donfamous(m): 11:47am On Sep 26, 2014
bukatyne:

Hardworking man,

sure, but not so fast on it.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by EfemenaXY: 11:48am On Sep 26, 2014
bukatyne:
Hardworking man,

Lol!

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by edwife(f): 12:29pm On Sep 26, 2014
I have used it before,the very day I went to visit my MIL in the villa cheesy,how refreshing was that? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Anugod(f): 1:30pm On Sep 26, 2014
I used it yesterday to grind pepper. I use it like almost everyday, so swift and easy to handle if you're used to it. I love it. kiss

12 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by SlimSkipper(m): 4:53pm On Sep 26, 2014
wetin b dis one nah, are there no beta article for front page. smhh shocked

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Blackchampion(m): 4:53pm On Sep 26, 2014
Omoh! i bin use dis method 4 my NYSC days 4 benue state, so tey i vex cm go buy plastic blender.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by naughtylagosguy(m): 4:53pm On Sep 26, 2014
Yes
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by ggrin(f): 4:53pm On Sep 26, 2014
Yummy cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 26, 2014
yes now! embarassed embarassed
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Decapo: 4:54pm On Sep 26, 2014
Sure...I no be ajebo
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 26, 2014
Sure na, I can grind Egusi and beans lyk that too. My mom taught me.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by tusticks(m): 4:54pm On Sep 26, 2014
Av don dis b4 and its cool for girls not bois
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by calmdude(m): 4:54pm On Sep 26, 2014
we still av the stone, even though nobody makes use of it
memories...
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by kolidave: 4:54pm On Sep 26, 2014
This? at this present age and century? When I have my electric grinder and manual grinder there. Even sef I could take it to the local pepper grinder beside my house to grind for nuffin less than 50bucks. Na hin I go con sidown like old woman with this tin dey grind pepper,lailai not me. The world is changing and moving,'out wiv the old in with the new'.... and oh! That tin no dey add ani special taste to the soup abi Maggi dey inside d stone wey I no know about?

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by CosmicSensation: 4:55pm On Sep 26, 2014
grin
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by superstar3: 4:55pm On Sep 26, 2014
I used this back in the day at my grandmother's place in the village.
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by chidimmaaa(f): 4:55pm On Sep 26, 2014
Momsi force evrybody make them learn am oh. Come my house if u wan learn.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 26, 2014
Ok
Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by saxwizard(m): 4:56pm On Sep 26, 2014
Hunger dey wire me aa I see dat pix

where this efo riro with iru to bad pelu eba to plum

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) by Grinder: 4:56pm On Sep 26, 2014
Yes naa..Back then..When me and iya basira dey always grind pepper like this..We even do competition for my Village.... Na y them dey always call me LORD GRINDER......I blend and grind pepper pass any machine sef.... Note...I only have 2 hands cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Checkout This 40ft Trailer Load Of Cow Meat At An Event Recently (pics/video) / Lady Shows The Food Items She Bought With N1,500 / Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.