Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,350 members, 7,819,252 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft (35301 Views)

Boko Haram: We Dont Need US War Aircraft Our Witchcraft can take On The Fight. / Summit: Patience Jonathan Denies Blocking Buhari’s Wife / Boko Haram To Get War Aircraft Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Ahmeduana(m): 10:40am On Sep 25, 2014
Soneh:
will read later when I'm done with my exam
ORI E OFAKA SILE.
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Symphony007: 10:40am On Sep 25, 2014
Goodluck jonathan, his government and party are a band of grotesque liars!! The same man spouting lies about the u.s government to cover up obvious corruption and theft sat across the president of the united states in the UN security council chamber and heaped praise upon him for "all his help for nigeria in our fight against terrorism".... If he claimed the u.s ban us from procuring weapons, how is that help? Why did'nt he raise that issue in the council. Lairs!! They have orchestrated an elaborate cover up from the presidency to the national assembly. They should continue, nigeria is not my business.

2 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by 4lashyme: 10:40am On Sep 25, 2014
BlackTechnology:

If the Japanese Koreans Chinese Indians were thinking like you, they won't be were they are today

Your comment exposed you as someone who knows nothing on technology

Technology is all about information and the mind.

The internet textbooks Journals etc are great source of information especially by those who have firsthand knowledge. All we need to do is to use our minds to develop ours base on fundament science engineering technological laws principles ideas etc

For your info

Biafrans developed a rocket that had a longer range compared to similar Soviet protype

All we need to do is to instruct our higher institutions to delve in such areas with the promise of money fame for the lecturers and increased GP for the students

You are very correct. these technologies are not hidden. they are in every science textbooks and most of our good lecturers know it. they're just expensive for one person or goup of people to fund and develop alone. All it requires is a national commitment to millitary R & D. i've always seen this [BH, Ebola, western attitude, even war] coming long before now. Even when our leaders are romancing them [western leaders], i see them laughing over our shoulders like we're one big slowpoke of a country. But then, it's not too late. we have to develop real national policy on millitary development to stop the emberassment. Nigeria with her population, resources, real/potential wealth, real/potential power is too big to be buying millitary hardware in this fasion. It's a national insult and our govt should see it that way and make sure it never happens again in our history.
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 25, 2014
It is easy to believe USA and disbelieve our Presidency, after all we believe the Bible and Koran more than our native gods. After all, they have white skin and our President is black. When are we gonna learn of America's antics ? 6 months ago, US send arms to 'Moderate Syrian Opposition', now that same group is called ISIS. Before then Lybia rebels were funded, and that's where the arms come from.

Make we hear word jare.

8 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by xwolverine: 10:42am On Sep 25, 2014
shymexx:

Lmao @ brainwashed by CNN.

I reiterate: how about educate me on how South Africa is a western puppet, and why Nigeria is actually free?

At least, I just cited a few examples of how sovereign South Africa is. Another example for you: South Africa's voting pattern at the UN is solely based on South African interests, while Nigeria votes with the US all the time. Another one there for you.

Educate me - I'm waiting.

This right here is the problem with our foreign policies, what happened to our sense of pride? We act unintelligent at times, without thinking of the repercussions. The interests of the populace are not considered before we vote and we expect to be taken serious, heck some of our people would even pray that we are recolonised by the yanks for all they care.

Misplaced priority I tell ya, we are in his mess because of having unintelligent people in highly critical positions in our diplomatic setup. There's a reason why CIA, NSA and the likes get he best of the best while recruiting. In our own case, the DSS recruitment is done on ethnicity/religion/political affiliation basis. This is why the country is where it is today

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by BlackTechnology: 10:43am On Sep 25, 2014
cirmuell: the same Nigeria that is in the process of building the first 'made in Africa' Satellite? undecided

Don't mind her

She thinks everyone is technologically ignorant as she is

Pls join me to tell GEJ to

#InvolveOurHigherInstitutions InWeaponsDevelopment

4 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by omoharry(f): 10:43am On Sep 25, 2014
SpaceWorld2013: I'm ashamed of this govt, if truly US did that, it means they're not with Jonathan this time because of the obvious corruption
So you rather believe the two faced America than believe in Your government especially when it involve buying arms to fight Boko Haram. I call it slave mentality.You have seen effort to fight this insurgencies and the federal govt trying to raise fund to rebel this insurgencies but are being blocked by the almighty power America because they are trying to see if boko haram will finally win the war in order to bring Nigeria to ridicule.

6 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by major466(m): 10:44am On Sep 25, 2014
shymexx:

Lmao @ brainwashed by CNN.
At least, I just cited a few examples of how sovereign South Africa is. Another example for you: South Africa's voting pattern at the UN is solely based on South African interests, while Nigeria votes with the US all the time. Another one there for you.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
You cited the above as your examples?! You know what? I give up!
Just go and drink some tea and enjoy yourself. The amount of underground info about covert operations on foreign politics at my disposal will be too much for your brain to handle.

2 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Forwetinnah: 10:46am On Sep 25, 2014
Billyonaire: Did we expect USA to accept that they blocked our purchase ?

The arms exchange treaty, to which US is bound by, is very clear, but USA went underground to block this purchase, while using Amnesty International to polarize our notion of the Nigerian Defense. Although many Nigerians are still very much illiterates, quite a number are savvy enough to understand that USA doesnt mean well for Nigeria. We have defeated Ebola with our pesticide, and we are killing Shekau incarnates with our bow and arrow.

In my life time, I have seen the son of a fisherman become president of Nigeria, and I have also seen a black man become President of America. I will not be surprise if Nigeria becomes world power. Nothing surprises a man with foresight.

Thanks.

Thank you Sire...Africa know thy FOE!! Nigeria step up your game!! If not for greed and corruption in this country, China would be racing behind us.

3 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 25, 2014
xwolverine:
This right here is the problem with our foreign policies, what happened to our sense of pride? We act unintelligent at times, without thinking of the repercussions. The interests of the populace are not considered before we vote and we expect to be taken serious, heck some of our people would even pray that we are recolonised by the yanks for all they care.

Misplaced priority I tell ya, we are in his mess because of having unintelligent people in highly critical positions in our diplomatic setup. There's a reason why CIA, NSA and the likes get he best of the best while recruiting. In our own case, the DSS recruitment is done on ethnicity/religion/political affiliation basis. This is why the country is where it is today

Nigeria isn't a serious country. Take the population out, and it's just as weak as Sierra Leone. Even Ghana might be ahead of Nigeria based on what a sovereign country should be. West Africa countries are just weak, to be honest. Definitely the weakest region on the continent - if we were to cut central Africa, and join the countries there with other regions on the continent - to make it a North, South, East, and West thing.

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by GuyFawkes: 10:48am On Sep 25, 2014
shymexx:

I'm guessing that Nigeria perhaps lobbied Israeli arm contractors - to use their influence to see if Boeing can sell Chinook to naija - but it was blocked.

The list of the countries with Chinook is an exclusive league, save for Iran - and Iran got the helicopter and other American weapons it has during the Shah period of the 70s, when Iran was very close to the US - before the Iranian revolution.

Anyway, since Chinook is just a transport helicopter, they might be able to get it if they can lobby through the right channels, and pay tons of money as bribe, to lobby groups. But that's the highest they'll get.

The whole story just doesn't add up, I don't believe the Nigerian govt intended to get any chinook helicopters, since when did it become a priority to acquire transport helicopters to fight insurgents within our borders?

The helicopter costs between $18-25m depending on the variant and modifications , the UK bought 14 chinooks for $1bn couple of years back so either used or new I doubt Nigeria would spend that much on transport helicopters when their assault rifles,fighter jets and attack helicopters are almost obsolete.

2 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by M4gunners: 10:48am On Sep 25, 2014
Billyonaire: Did we expect USA to accept that they blocked our purchase ?

The arms exchange treaty, to which US is bound by, is very clear, but USA went underground to block this purchase, while using Amnesty International to polarize our notion of the Nigerian Defense. Although many Nigerians are still very much illiterates, quite a number are savvy enough to understand that USA doesnt mean well for Nigeria. We have defeated Ebola with our pesticide, and we are killing Shekau incarnates with our bow and arrow.

In my life time, I have seen the son of a fisherman become president of Nigeria, and I have also seen a black man become President of America. I will not be surprise if Nigeria becomes world power. Nothing surprises a man with foresight.

Thanks.
Thanks bro they can't fool everybody just like that.

3 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by koikoi2(m): 10:49am On Sep 25, 2014
This is r*bbish. Whether dey block sale or not It's not my biz.

It's better for them to also deny dat dey didn't stop experimental drop for ebola Zmapp into Nigeria.

Policy my foot.

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Missy89(f): 10:49am On Sep 25, 2014
cirmuell: the same Nigeria that is in the process of building the first 'made in Africa' Satellite? undecided

I can build a satellite if i have the time. it is not hard to do. students build mini satellites for fun with Iphone processors and scrap metals from the junk yard and pay few bucks to get it launched. the shelf life are usually small thou because it doesn't have advance power(they use cell batteries most times)
The way to know how sophisticated it is by knowing the components and capabilities. will it carry advance optics? infrared? what is the shelf life? how fast is it?how advance is the processor? what is the purpose etc.

That is nothing special in being the first to launch it because countries like south Africa etc can do it as well in a hear beat but maybe they would rather just buy it abroad. After all even if Nigeria is to launch it, they will still have buy a space time abroad and send it to space from a foreign country or are we developing advanced rockets to send it to space as well?

Those kind of white elephant project can be used to bamboozle gullible Nigerians not the well informed ones.

good luck to them!

3 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 25, 2014
major466:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
You cited the above as your examples?! You know what? I give up!
Just go and drink some tea and enjoy yourself. The amount of underground info about covert operations on foreign politics at my disposal will be too much for your brain to handle.

Go find a schmuck in ya village league to troll, dyckhead.

And I just had tea, finna get some crumpet in a bit - git. undecided

3 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Collynzo22: 10:50am On Sep 25, 2014
rusher14: As expected the paid dogs are here to confuse people the more.

Please read well: “Israel does not use CH-47 Chinook transport helicopter, so selling surplus (or any stock) to Nigeria or any other nation is not even a possibility. The story about USA blocking the sale of non-existent equipment from Israel is therefore non-sequitur".

Yet, the unnamed Nigerian government spin doctor provided a cover to the masses, to make them believe money was actually in South Africa, for the purchase of a Chinook helicopter and other armory amongst other things, for an unnamed security agency.

What surprises me at all is that anyone can believe the lies of the 'government' who would sooner deny they ever mentioned the US blocked their purchase of arms.

Let's wait for the rebuttal lipsrsealed
That is the opinion someone who calls himself an expert tweeted according to the article, not the position of the US official. The US official could have cut a very long story short by saying Israel didn't have the helicopters if that was true but he didn't, instead he made some comments indirectly confirming that they indeed have it.

2 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 25, 2014
Billyonaire: It is easy to believe USA and disbelieve our Presidency, after all we believe the Bible and Koran more than our native gods. After all, they have white skin and our President is black. When are we gonna learn of America's antics ? 6 months ago, US send arms to 'Moderate Syrian Opposition', now that same group is called ISIS. Before then Lybia rebels were funded, and that's where the arms come from.
Make we hear word jare.

The idea if Islamic state has been around since the time of Al Zarqawi, the leader of Al qaeda in Iraq who was killed by the United States. It did not start with the Syrian Opposition. The leader of ISIS, Abu Bakr al Baghdadi was a protege of Al Zarqawi.

2 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by hercules07: 10:52am On Sep 25, 2014
shymexx:

Nigeria isn't a serious country. Take the population out, and it's just as weak as Sierra Leone. Even Ghana might be ahead of Nigeria based on what a sovereign country should be. West Africa countries are just weak, to be honest. Definitely the weakest region on the continent - if we were to cut central Africa, and join the countries there with other regions on the continent - to make it a North, South, East, and West thing.

Nigerians think like something else, we are of little strategic interest to the US, New York's GDP is 3 times our own, when you are of little use to the US, they will go moral on your behind when selling things to you, the funny thing is, the US can be a destabilising force in almost all parts of the world, but, they have always had good intentions for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Collynzo22: 10:55am On Sep 25, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Did you read the OP? Dan said Israel doesn't have the plane.
Dan is a normal human being like me and you (if you are normal), he only gave an opinion and not any official confirmation.

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by hercules07: 10:56am On Sep 25, 2014
Collynzo22:
Dan is a normal human being like me and you (if you are normal), he only gave an opinion and not any official confirmation.

That is not an opinion, that is fact, you think those people do not weigh their words before they speak, they are the State Department not our Foreign Service, ask around what our diplomats think of GEJ, you will be shocked.
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 25, 2014
GuyFawkes:
The whole story just doesn't add up, I don't believe the Nigerian govt intended to get any chinook helicopters, since when did it become a priority to acquire transport helicopters to fight insurgents within our borders?

The helicopter costs between $18-25m depending on the variant and modifications , the UK bought 14 chinooks for $1bn couple of years back so either used or new I doubt Nigeria would spend that much on transport helicopters when their assault rifles,fighter jets and attack helicopters are almost obsolete.

Plausible.These folks aren't looking to buy any modern weapons - it's al about looting, and Soviet era weapons. In as much as I know the yanks won't sell any heavy weapons to Nigeria - the tripe was just an excuse. These people know where to get weapons from, they just threw this nonsense out there for the gullible millions they lord over.

The UK's chinook is a different variant, and it's unique compared to the other ones. The thing with the UK is that: Rolls Royce and other UK arm companies produce components of these weapons, so it's more of a cooperation thing. I guess that's why the UK always spend more because they modify it all the time. The UK's apache is also somewhat different from the yank's.

2 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by activatenigeria: 10:57am On Sep 25, 2014
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 25, 2014
Aigbofa:

The idea if Islamic state has been around since the time of Al Zarqawi, the leader of Al qaeda in Iraq who was killed by the United States. It did not start with the Syrian Opposition. The leader of Isis, Abu Bakr al Baghdadi was a protege of Al Zarqawi.

They remained incubated as opposition fighters until USA sent them weapons of mass destruction. Thank you for telling me what I already knew.

3 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by hercules07: 10:58am On Sep 25, 2014
shymexx:

Plausible.These folks aren't looking to buy any modern weapons - it's al about looting, and Soviet era weapons. In as much as I know the yanks won't sell any heavy weapons to Nigeria - the tripe was just an excuse. These people know where to get weapons from, they just threw this nonsense out there for the gullible millions they lord over.

The UK's chinook is a different variant, and it's unique compared to the other ones. The thing with the UK is that: Rolls Royce and other UK arm companies produce components of these weapons, so it's more of a cooperation thing. I guess that's why the UK always spend more because they modify it all the time. The UK's apache is also somewhat different from the yank's.

The ones defending the government on Nairaland are not gullible, they are paid.

3 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Missy89(f): 11:00am On Sep 25, 2014
BlackTechnology:

If the Japanese Koreans Chinese Indians were thinking like you, they won't be were they are today

Your comment exposed you as someone who knows nothing on technology

Technology is all about information and the mind.

The internet textbooks Journals etc are great source of information especially by those who have firsthand knowledge. All we need to do is to use our minds to develop ours base on fundament science engineering technological laws principles ideas etc

For your info

Biafrans developed a rocket that had a longer range compared to similar Soviet protype

All we need to do is to instruct our higher institutions to delve in such areas with the promise of money fame for the lecturers and increased GP for the students

The bolded has got to be the best joke on the millennium!

Technology are ideas yes but without the expertise, it would only remain in your mind or the scrap of paper you wrote it on.
Do you know how many innovations that never saw the light of day? because some are deems to advance for their time or there is no money to man power to work and perfect it?. The Chinese, Koreans and Indians still rely on foreign technology to develop most of their weapons systems.
Most of the advanced weapons system made by china and India have Russia components/expertise or blueprint in them.

Nigeria is still years away to even be talking about building their own helicopter. just stick to the guns and small arms for now please.

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Missy89(f): 11:01am On Sep 25, 2014
shymexx:

I'm guessing that Nigeria perhaps lobbied Israeli arm contractors - to use their influence to see if Boeing can sell Chinook to naija - but it was blocked.

The list of the countries with Chinook is an exclusive league, save for Iran - and Iran got the helicopter and other American weapons it has during the Shah period of the 70s, when Iran was very close to the US - before the Iranian revolution.

Anyway, since Chinook is just a transport helicopter, they might be able to get it if they can lobby through the right channels, and pay tons of money as bribe, to lobby groups. But that's the highest they'll get.

I agree. must weapon deals are usually third party anyway!
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by BlackTechnology: 11:01am On Sep 25, 2014
4lashyme:

You are very correct. these technologies are not hidden. they are in every science textbooks and most of our good lecturers know it. they're just expensive for one person or goup of people to fund and develop alone. All it requires is a national commitment to millitary R & D. i've always seen this [BH, Ebola, western attitude, even war] coming long before now. Even when our leaders are romancing them [western leaders], i see them laughing over our shoulders like we're one big slowpoke of a country. But then, it's not too late. we have to develop real national policy on millitary development to stop the emberassment. Nigeria with her population, resources, real/potential wealth, real/potential power is too big to be buying millitary hardware in this fasion. It's a national insult and our govt should see it that way and make sure it never happens again in our history.

Godblessyou

As an engineering-technologist living in this era of people wanting to share what they know with others, Nigerians can quickly catch up with the rest of the world

As I speak to you, I have a revolutionary idea of a new Jet engine design that is completely different from any existing one today and by God's grace, I will develop it in Jesus name.

Black people must stop underestimating their minds

Pls join me to call GEJ attention to

#InvolveOurHigherInstitutions InWeaponsDevelopment

6 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Collynzo22: 11:01am On Sep 25, 2014
hercules07:

That is not an opinion, that is fact, you think those people do not weigh their words before they speak, they are the State Department not our Foreign Service, ask around what our diplomats think of GEJ, you will be shocked.
Who is talking about state department, the guy who gave the opinion (Dan) is a media analyst who said what he said based on what he saw on the internet. The US official never said such, there are secrets in weapons and arms deals that goes beyond what is posted on the internet.
Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 25, 2014
hercules07:

Nigerians think like something else, we are of little strategic interest to the US, New York's GDP is 3 times our own, when you are of little use to the US, they will go moral on your behind when selling things to you, the funny thing is, the US can be a destabilising force in almost all parts of the world, but, they have always had good intentions for Nigeria.

I agree. Nigeria isn't a threat to anyone, and I don't even think it's of any strategic use to anyone right now, apart from maybe France. The whole West Africa is just there, and the region doesn't really offer much - hence they gave France a free hand to run the show over there.

However, I don't think the relationship has to do with good or bad intentions. I'd wager that they're just indifferent about Nigeria since they have it on lock-down, despite being indifferent about it.

3 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by rusher14: 11:03am On Sep 25, 2014
Collynzo22:
That is the opinion someone who calls himself an expert tweeted according to the article, not the position of the US official. The US official could have cut a very long story short by saying Israel didn't have the helicopters if that was true but he didn't, instead he made some comments indirectly confirming that they indeed have it.

And when the Israelis come out to debunk the claim that they have Chinook helicopters?

What would the new spin be?

2 Likes

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by kocin: 11:04am On Sep 25, 2014
only time will tell the true story or at least the near true story surrounding this saga

1 Like

Re: US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft by Forwetinnah: 11:04am On Sep 25, 2014
F117A: No nation would put her defence machineries in the hands of another nation?
Get the hell out of here and stop chatting shitt.
Maybe you don't know that the US sells far more weapons than any other nation on earth.

Makes one wonder why they're not just stopping at selling arms to us but also blocking efforts to get from other countries. I just can't wrap my head around their hypocrisy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read / Wike Releases Names Of Suspected Kidnappers, Cultists, Robbers In Rivers, LIST / Onitsha Is The Dirty Capital Of The World - Asari Dokubo (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.