Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,819 members, 7,828,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones (28090 Views)

Compensation From MTN Nigeria After My Earlier Complaints / Injoo Fire Review And Complaints Thread / MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by agarawu23(m): 4:42am On Sep 26, 2014
#250, 000 for the bending phone? I rada gv d money to orphanage

4 Likes

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by salvatore007(m): 4:42am On Sep 26, 2014
Wnted 2buy d poo buh wen i saw d packagin ehn angry itz just 1mm longer dan bth iphone 5 n 6...

I later bought tecno r7 nd av bin chilln wit it since yesterday... natn wey u no fit do n i saved 100k plus..

Wat was i thinkn wen i mde up my mind 2buy it sef, phone dat i'l still buy dataplan nd load recharge cards Bleep Iphone joor

#Teamvex4iphone
#TeamTecno

3 Likes

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by all4gud(m): 4:44am On Sep 26, 2014
What is so special about this phone that people rushed to buy it , and now there are complaining ?

2 Likes

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Eldavido1: 4:44am On Sep 26, 2014
There are only 2 fones out there in the market, Samsung galaxy note 3 and the others...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by kocvalour(m): 4:45am On Sep 26, 2014
son: ipod
Daughter: ipad
Wife: iphone

Man: ipaid

5 Likes

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by lanre316: 5:03am On Sep 26, 2014
Check this thread for hilarious pictures about bendy iPhone

www.nairaland.com/1919786/funny-pictures-bendy-iphone-6
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by bootstrap(m): 5:09am On Sep 26, 2014
salvatore007: Wnted 2buy d poo buh wen i saw d packagin ehn angry itz just 1mm longer dan bth iphone 5 n 6...

I later bought tecno r7 nd av bin chilln wit it since yesterday... natn wey u no fit do n i saved 100k plus..

Wat was i thinkn wen i mde up my mind 2buy it sef, phone dat i'l still buy dataplan nd load recharge cards Bleep Iphone joor

#Teamvex4iphone
#TeamTecno

Bros talk true... na tecno u prepare frm house to go buy, but just decided to stop over at an Apple shop first... grin

4 Likes

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Suntemi(m): 5:43am On Sep 26, 2014
bootstrap:

Bros talk true... na tecno u prepare frm house to go buy, but just decided to stop over at an Apple shop first... grin

Even if someone changes his mind about buying an iPhone, will same person settle for tecno of all phones. Mr salvatore007, you can lie o.

4 Likes

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by bigtt76(f): 5:43am On Sep 26, 2014
Hahahaha ....for ona mind grin Nor worray Apple go soon release Update to correct the bendings tongue

2 Likes

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Nobody: 5:47am On Sep 26, 2014
yeah! It won't stop them from buying.
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by clubone05: 5:48am On Sep 26, 2014
Apple must be jokers. ..didn't they see that video on youtube.

vanity buy...
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by darne(m): 5:49am On Sep 26, 2014
LMFAO APPLE DON SUFFER !!

#TeamHTC already !

1 Like

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Nobody: 5:51am On Sep 26, 2014
Wats d essence of buying a 100,000+ plus phone without a good data plan? Well dats were I cum in! Do check my signature!
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by dstnd: 6:15am On Sep 26, 2014
Lordnath: What's the point of having your pockets bent to buy a high-end device and still have the device bent through normal use.

Blue chip companies like Apple are making substantial compromises in traditional designs and durability just to compete favourably. It started with a cheaper variant of the IPhone 5 called 'c'..what da heck.

These companies churn out expensive garbage called 'flagship smartphones' every year and then u just have to keep buying cos one way or d other the old phone becomes a liability. From reduction in software support to hardware failure.

My Galaxy S4 gets so hot at times that it could fry balls while it sits in d pocket. A subtle way of telling me it needs a brother
. Ok
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by laplace19(m): 6:16am On Sep 26, 2014
No matter the bending
I still gbadu the phone
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by timilehing(m): 6:23am On Sep 26, 2014
Just imagine wetin all dis "se ka ri mi" ppl of NL go talk if na tecno phantomZ bend like dat??
iPhone 6 plus acrobatic feature
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Mention(m): 6:23am On Sep 26, 2014
Grinder: Lord Grinder is Back... grin grin grin grin grin... Oya Back to the topic..... Na y i dey tell pple make them buy Nokia 3310.... Very reliable ..Iffa hear sey Nokia break from 50 storey buildings...
Wow... Grider where have you been?? You just went on unofficial sabbatical leave..
Aniwaiz LORD MENTION WAS HERE *winks*
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Nobody: 6:41am On Sep 26, 2014
salvatore007: Wnted 2buy d poo buh wen i saw d packagin ehn angry itz just 1mm longer dan bth iphone 5 n 6...

#Teamvex4iphone
#TeamTecno

Guy no talk proverty for here, abeg..grin You no buy any Iphone, and U no save any 100k..

Na 15k U get, and na R7 ur money fit reach..

So no dey give us Bobo for here, we no get tribal marks.. tongue Olodo..

Small boy like you saying 'Bleep Iphone.' You are free to say it o, but b4 that have the money to buy it..

3 Likes

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by benega: 6:46am On Sep 26, 2014
WTF r these fo.ols talking abt? I don try bend ma I phone 6 plus taya. It just wouldn't bend.

1 Like

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by hok4u(f): 6:47am On Sep 26, 2014
rapsodeep: iphone 6 = 200k,
iMac, iPod, iPad, iBroke

bbz30 jarey

#team BlackBerry Z30,say no to I-bend

1 Like

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Mention(m): 6:53am On Sep 26, 2014
benega: WTF r these fo.ols talking abt? I don try bend ma I phone 6 plus taya. It just wouldn't bend.
Ode!!! It ain't funny you know...
Meanwhile how are you enjoying your new account that you created because of that "Benega is a scammer" thread...
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Mention(m): 6:54am On Sep 26, 2014
timilehing: Just imagine wetin all dis "se ka ri mi" ppl of NL go talk if na tecno phantomZ bend like dat??
iPhone 6 plus acrobatic feature
Don't try that phone called iPhone 6+ its the only phone with the new bending technology and has pocket sensors
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Mention(m): 6:55am On Sep 26, 2014
Bimfo:

Guy no talk proverty for here, abeg..grin You no buy any Iphone, and U no save any 100k..

Na 15k U get, and na R7 ur money fit reach..

So no dey give us Bobo for here, we no get tribal marks.. tongue Olodo..

Small boy like you saying 'Bleep Iphone.' You are free to say it o, but b4 that have the money to buy it..
Gosh... That was wicked
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by IAMBREEZY: 6:55am On Sep 26, 2014
Thorerah: They didn't really address the issue,did they? undecided
i guess so bae!
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by eghos12(m): 6:59am On Sep 26, 2014
hahaha hmmm apple dere is God o. Person buy phone 270k long time drive bend the phone. Hmmm

what if it was a nigerian from sulere who put his phone in his pocket and hold up na hold him .hmmm it will roll like susage, fish pie et.c

3 Likes

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by IAMBREEZY: 7:03am On Sep 26, 2014
mayapop: yeah! It won't stop them from buying.
yeah bae Some people are just addicted to anything with i
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Nobody: 7:04am On Sep 26, 2014
Mention:
Gosh... That was wicked

How I take mention your name? tongue
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Mention(m): 7:10am On Sep 26, 2014
Bimfo:

How I take mention your name? tongue
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by ghostwritter(m): 7:18am On Sep 26, 2014
do what is all d complain about? hnnnn?
I wish my nokia lumia can bend, it would have been fun to me.
apple will soon officially customize bent phones 'ibend'.
so u better cherish the one u av.
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by gbafched: 7:19am On Sep 26, 2014
[quote author=Grinder]Lord Grinder is Back...
Where have been? I really missed your meaningless comment on almost every thread, I thought that you were swept away by the tsunami, was it a ban? Anyway welcome back,
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 26, 2014
DMilanista: Social media channels have overflowed this week with commentary on whether Apple‘s new iPhone 6
Plus bends under pressure, particularly in a pants
pocket.

Turns out actual complaints to the company, at least so far, are much less prevalent.

“With normal use a bend in iPhone is extremely rare
and through our first six days of sale, a total of nine
customers have contacted Apple with a bent iPhone
6 Plus,” Trudy Muller, an Apple spokeswoman, said
in a statement. “IPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus meet or
exceed all of our high quality standards to endure
everyday, real life use.”

The statement comes after some early adopters complained that the new iPhone 6 Plus, which is
significantly larger than previous generations of the
iPhone, was permanently bending from simply being carried in a pocket for long periods of time.
After one new iPhone 6 Plus owner on Tuesday complained that his phone warped after sitting in
his front pants pocket during a long drive, the story
was quickly picked up by technology blogs and news outlets.

Lewis Hilsenteger, who runs Unbox Therapy, a YouTube channel dedicated to showcasing the latest
tech hardware, filmed himself straining to bend an
iPhone 6 Plus with his bare hands. The video has been viewed more than 25 million times in less than two days.

Apple performs “rigorous tests throughout the entire development cycle including three-point bending, pressure-point cycling, sit, torsion and user studies,” according to Ms. Muller. “IPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus meet or exceed all of our high quality standards to endure everyday, real life use.”

As Apple has grown bigger and more successful, it
has also become a bigger target for criticism. The
company says it sold more than 10 million iPhone 6
and iPhone 6 Plus smartphones over the first three
days of release, a new record for the company.

Some of the attention is self-inflicted, however. In 2010, early buyers of the iPhone 4 reported problems with the device’s cellular antenna, which
caused dropped calls due to the design of the phone. An Apple executive responsible for the project left the company over the incident.

And this week, Apple released a software update to
the iPhone that was supposed to fix some early bugs in an updated version of its mobile operating
system, iOS 8. The update made some users’ phones unable to make or receive calls, and also rendered the touch identification technology software useless, according to reports. Apple quickly withdrew the software update, and has said it planned to release a new software patch in short order.

Source: mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/bits/2014/09/25/apple-responds-to-complaints-of-bent-iphones/?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by econome(m): 7:36am On Sep 26, 2014
Kessleek: True talk, and this bendshit thing is getting quite annoying.
e be like say u don deh save money to buy this benddover? Don't worry, keep saving but save money weh u go take hire bodyguard weh go deh protect am from bending

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lenovo Shows Off Concept Flexible Smartphone, Smart Projector And A Lot More / Budget Phones: What Phone Has Excellent Qualities At A Reasonable Price? / Tecno Camon CM: Specification, Review & Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.