Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,760 members, 7,820,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi (37957 Views)

Tension In Ondo Community Over Pipeline Attacks-the Nation / Many Dead, 50 Houses Razed As Boko Haram Invades Adamawa Communities / INEC Suspends Election In Delta Community Over Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by OAUTemitayo: 3:21am On Sep 26, 2014
Nsukka—No fewer than 10 houses were burnt, while unspecified number of people seriously injured at Ette in Igbo-Eze North Local Government Area of Enugu State, following disagreement by rival groups.

They were said to be agitating over whether to remain as part of the Enugu State or be merged with Kogi State.
However, soldiers from the 82 Division of the Nigerian Army have been deployed to the area to contain the situation.

It was gathered that the latest violence erupted when those who wanted to be merged with Kogi State attacked a youth leader opposing their move, after burning down his house.

According to police sources at Enugu Ezike, the headquarters of the local council, the group “attacked and shot the youth leader of those in favour of remaining in Enugu four times.

“Although the youth leader, Mr. Matthias Eje, survived the attack, he sustained several bullet wounds from the four shots, while his house was also burnt. The attackers also burnt other houses in Onoda part of Ette.”

The injured youth leader was said to be recuperating at a private Hospital (name withheld) in Enugu.

It was alleged that those in favour of remaining in Enugu State later re-grouped and launched a reprisal attack by burning some of the houses of their alleged attackers before the deployment of soldiers.

A prominent indigene of Ette, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said before the attack, “the pro-Enugu youths of Ette had successfully repelled the invading pro-Kogi armed youths four times in the past few weeks.

“Those attacks had in the past one year escalated to such a level that those in favour of ceding the large area fr
om Enugu to Kogi had forced a Catholic Church Parish to close down, while most government establishments in the area now barely exist.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/10-houses-razed-scores-injured-enugu-community-move-join-kogi/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by diji04(m): 3:24am On Sep 26, 2014
nawao when will all dis community criss end sef.

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by datguru: 3:28am On Sep 26, 2014
senseless people. Whether you are in Enugu or Kogi, you are still in Nigeria. The Kogi government ain't special in any way . So why the killing and all this shiit ? SMH

58 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Samiceman: 3:30am On Sep 26, 2014
grin pls remind me... How many higher institutions of learning do we have in Kogi and Enugu state? illiteracy at it's best

19 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by FKseun(m): 3:31am On Sep 26, 2014
Display of caveman mentality!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Nobody: 3:33am On Sep 26, 2014
, grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Alpet(m): 3:37am On Sep 26, 2014
God deliver us.

See my signature for ur BB bold 5.

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by 2cato: 3:41am On Sep 26, 2014
Though such decision is better left in the hand of the fg and state gov to decide.
The earlier they join their kitt and kin in kogi state the better for them.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by jliusadura(m): 3:47am On Sep 26, 2014
All because of oil undecided undecided Oil is more of a curse in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by dvic(m): 3:47am On Sep 26, 2014
K

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by youngice(m): 3:52am On Sep 26, 2014
but why now
Naija and sense is like oil and water
They only mix at high temperature
Eg Ebola outbreak

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by elobyobi: 3:54am On Sep 26, 2014
Niggaz be like "hi, I'm Chukwuma, from Kogi State"

Mtchewww...

97 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Erotex(m): 3:55am On Sep 26, 2014
In those community there are two tribe over there
Igala and igbos
The igbos wants to merge with enugu why igalas want to merge with kogi.

Right now they are all benefitting from enugu pocket.
Let igbos be igbos and igalas be igalas
After all igalas are not worthy to live with.
I have been with them before

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by lurvy: 3:57am On Sep 26, 2014
[size=15pt]But why why why?

Why all these senseless killings?

This points to the fact that the END IS NEAR!!

All is just vanity upon vanity!

People should just learn to change their ways for good... [/size]

2 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Nobody: 4:00am On Sep 26, 2014
Youths dey fight for wetin dem go hardly benefit while the chiefs and politicians Wey go flex the oil money dey observe for one corner

4 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Akpaife(m): 4:09am On Sep 26, 2014
Lack of understanding n education
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Nobody: 4:09am On Sep 26, 2014
whether you're from up North or down south.. From d East or West. An Igbo or Hausa, Yoruba or whatever.. You're Nigerian first before anything.

As a country, we yet have alot and alot of things to learn.

Why kill yourselves over something as trivial as this? There are more pressing issues to tackle for crap's sake. Na wa o

3 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Pavore9: 4:11am On Sep 26, 2014
So sad.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by DrakeKendrick(m): 4:16am On Sep 26, 2014
People will just be writing crap in the name of "commenting"... undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by BTT(m): 4:16am On Sep 26, 2014
Mumus.

Dazzall.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Exodus2k(m): 4:18am On Sep 26, 2014
Since FG discovered oil in that Boundary problem has increase,

Is crude oil a blessing or a curse to citizens in Nigerians?
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by DrakeKendrick(m): 4:19am On Sep 26, 2014
Samiceman: grin pls remind me... How many higher institutions of learning do we have in Kogi and Enugu state? illiteracy at it's best
what is diz one saying undecided,all dz myopic thinkers that's hovering on nl.. smh angry

26 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Eldavido1: 4:20am On Sep 26, 2014
Wow this is serious! Last time I checked oil producing communities of Niger Delta are still one hell of tarzan jungle with no even good source of clean drinking water. So plsss, someone should remind me, what the hell are these mofos fighting for again?

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by phlemzy: 4:26am On Sep 26, 2014
pathetic one there. And some of these house owners must have built them with 'hard earned money'. May we be delivered of all these crises from within.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by NaLaugh: 4:27am On Sep 26, 2014
is there something i'm missing? or why exactly would anyone be particularly inclined to leave their state for Kogi?

I know the Igala people moved from Benue to Kogi in the past, but what exactly is the motivation? undecided

5 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by ntyce(m): 4:30am On Sep 26, 2014
Erotex: In those community there are two tribe over there
Igala and igbos
The igbos wants to merge with enugu why igalas want to merge with kogi.

Right now they are all benefitting from enugu pocket.
Let igbos be igbos and igalas be igalas
After all igalas are not worthy to live with.
I have been with them before

oloshi, igbos are worthy to live with abi?
shameless tribalist

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by pocohantas(f): 4:30am On Sep 26, 2014
Nah...nah. With all due respect , me sef no go like go Kogi. cry
i know it's one Nigeria, but just incase all 36 states décide to split...there are some states I wouldn't wanna be stuck in lipsrsealed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by kenbee(f): 4:30am On Sep 26, 2014
AllI can see here is "two rival cult group" cause none of them has the right to decide the state they want to belong to.

12 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Nobody: 4:31am On Sep 26, 2014
I smell the dirty work of PeeDeePee....

Even if person wan even join state sef, shey na that kind Kogi state them suppose they fight to join?

Kogi state refusing development since 1922

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by pontirock(m): 4:35am On Sep 26, 2014
Kogi State Just Want To Annex Them Before Islamising Them!

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Nobody: 4:36am On Sep 26, 2014
All this seperationist, na some people go give this people arm...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

2015: Tinubu Wanted To Be VP, Opposed Osinbajo As VP - Buhari's Authorized Bio / Top 10 Hilarious/powerful Responses From Atiku/obi NG Candidate Interview / Lai Mohammed Writes CNN On Lekki Shooting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.