Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,050 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial (22163 Views)

Air Force Foils Plans By Boko Haram To Disrupt Sallah Celebration In Borno / Protesting IPOB Women Remove Their Clothes As Soldiers Disrupt Their MeetingPICS / Ijaw Youths Disrupt Tompolo’s 46th Birthday Party, Guests Escape Via Windows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by ijustdey: 2:09pm On Mar 18, 2016
DAILY POST has uncovered an ongoing mobilization of ‘Abokis’ who are largely illiterate and involved in hawking water and other menial jobs in Jabi Park for a protest along the street leading to the venue of Code of Conduct Tribunal on Friday.

Our reporter got to the scene of the mobilization at exactly 9.00am at a shanty located directly behind the venue.

A middle-aged man was seen addressing the mobilized youths in Hausa language and simply identified himself as Comrade, but was later identified to be of the Igala speaking tribe. He was seen with a long list of protesters and refused our correspondent to have a look at the list in his hand.

A protester on inquiry disclosed that they were given N1,000.00, noting that some of them participated in last week’s protest and that was why they have good number of them attending the protest today.

“We were given N1,000.00 each because last week, the man fulfilled his promise and today, I have got my own. Oga, you can enter and talk to him.”

DAILY POST further observed that the protesters who are largely between 16 to 21 years hardly speak pidgin English.

Two among the protesters displaying a banner with Saraki’s photograph, bearing ‘ SENATE IS WORKING UNDER SARAKI’ voluntarily requested our correspondent that they should be snapped.

Meanwhile, the trial of Saraki is expected to enter proper hearing in a substantive suit for 13-counts of false declaration of asset when he was governor of Kwara State.

As at last week Friday, the Code of Conduct Tribunal could not proceed on proper hearing for purposes of motion by the defence counsel, Kanu Agabi (SAN) challenging the jurisdiction of CCT.

The implication was that in the last 6 months, it has been pre-trial, a situation, the prosecuting counsel, Rotimi Jacobs described as unhealthy in Nigeria’s Judicial system.

“The tactic of delaying hearing in the last 6 months through counter motion, which bothers on jurisdiction that has traveled from CCT to the Supreme Court only for it to resurface was antithetical to our Judicial system,” Jacobs maintained.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/03/18/sarakis-trial-how-protesters-shared-n1000-each-in-jabi-to-disrupt-trial-photo/

1 Share

Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by TippyTop(m): 2:11pm On Mar 18, 2016
Leave Saraki alone, Saraki is going only when Amaechi goes.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 18, 2016
Anything wey una like make una do, Saraki will remain the Senate president

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by ammyluv2002(f): 2:26pm On Mar 18, 2016
Imagine, just 1k undecided undecided

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:40pm On Mar 18, 2016
saraki is to kwara state as amaeachi 'was' to rivers state, they will continue to persecute you sir, but one thing is sure and that is the youths of this country are solidly behind you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by laksides: 2:40pm On Mar 18, 2016
And this same sect of people want corruption to be eradicate undecided
I weep for my country cry

8 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by Sammyashol(m): 2:41pm On Mar 18, 2016
[b] My observation about Nigeria. Some times I feel like weeping, but never

A country where hard work doesn't pay but connection.

Many of the graduates have been APC/PDP members for years but only good for being a zombie and not for CBN/NNPC jobs.

20 years from now, we will be ruled by the same families. already being positioned by their parents to take over.

The children of the rich can even own businesses and employ workers. But the are never happy unless they get govt money.

So instead of education upgrading the poor, the poor are frustrated and being told to pray to God.

And some youths have being calling for the formation of new party ahead of 2019 please tell me is it not this same set of people that will decamp to the new party?

Nigeria is just an eyesore, nepotism favoured everywhere, an average man don't have hope for a better future. Same set of people recycling themselves.

How i wish the military can take over, so that we can start rebuilding our great country [/b]

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by dammytosh: 2:41pm On Mar 18, 2016
Some collected on Nairaland too or why do you think some people are ready to die for Saraki.

Shukwudi , raise your hands. grin grin grin

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by davodyguy: 2:42pm On Mar 18, 2016
Just 1K?

Some people's destinies are doomed and cheaper than the price Esau sold his to Jacob sad

5 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by Sammyashol(m): 2:42pm On Mar 18, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Imagine, just 1k undecided undecided
This is what am saying. Imagine

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by Sweetlemon(f): 2:42pm On Mar 18, 2016
Chai! N1000 to come and carry matter on their dumb empty poverty refined heads like gala for someone who's richer than Kwara state
Nigeria! A ti pari!

8 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by davodyguy: 2:42pm On Mar 18, 2016
EastGold:
Anything wey una like make una do, Saraki will remain the Senate president

It will shock you. No be film trick
Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by olsmade(m): 2:42pm On Mar 18, 2016
And to think someone who does this is the 3rd most powerful man in Nigeria. I weep for Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by MMMFAGUY1: 2:42pm On Mar 18, 2016
9ja is d only place on earth were unexpected things hpn.
Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by folks4luv(f): 2:43pm On Mar 18, 2016
those protesters according to the report are pure water/sellers, 1000naira is of course a big deal to dem, how many bags of water or gala will dey sell to get 1k? that's y I I strongly believe poverty n illiteracy are d weapon of d elites. forget apc/PDP stuff, even if PMB wants crowd, he will do d same. God help our dear country.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by Dongreat(m): 2:43pm On Mar 18, 2016
SMH. Its a pity that politicians have learn to prey on the gullible in this country. These politician are same people that induce poverty in the society, then give peanuts to the hungry for their support. One can see from the shoe of the person in the first picture how miserable his life is that the 1000 naira given to him is more than the trillions allegedly stolen by the man he is supporting. I have being to parties organised by Saraki son while in the UK, the DJ son as my ex was a close friend to the saraki's and believe me money is tissue paper in the family. No sane billionaire that toiled for his wealth will never spend the kind of money i saw that day and i was literally sick because i saw men acting like gods that day.
One thing is for sure, 90% of Nigerian will continue to support these parasites in human clothing for reasons beyond human sanity

"Give to a Nigerian a loaf of bread, he calls you his father, give him a pound and he will shield you with his life" Dr Great Atagana

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by dammytosh: 2:43pm On Mar 18, 2016
Sammyashol:

Many of the graduates have been APC/PDP members for years but only good for being a zombie and not for CBN/NNPC jobs.

20 years from now, we will be ruled by the same families. already being positioned by their parents to take over.

The children of the rich can even own businesses and employ workers. But the are never happy unless they get govt money.

So instead of education upgrading the poor, the poor are frustrated and being told to pray to God.

And some youths have being calling for the formation of new party ahead of 2019 please tell me is it not this same set of people that will decamp to the new party?

Nigeria is just an eyesore, nepotism favoured everywhere, an average man don't have hope for a better future. Same set of people recycling themselves.

How i wish the military can take over, so that we can start rebuilding our great country [/b]

You are very right. But unfortunately, the poor masses are making the same problem their parents made.

Abandoning Common Sense for Religious and tribal sentiment.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by ammyluv2002(f): 2:43pm On Mar 18, 2016
Sammyashol:

Like seriously?

2 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by jackyraw09: 2:43pm On Mar 18, 2016
postponed again?

Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by Armstrong34(m): 2:43pm On Mar 18, 2016
Nigerians selling der freedom for mere peanuts since 1960.......I weep for Nigeria my countrygrin

2 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by Dexpro: 2:43pm On Mar 18, 2016
This is critical! 1k Lasan? Come to ilorin and see poverty de shine teeth grin...

Last two weeks, the figure-head governor, Abdulfatah Ahmed came out shamelessly to inform the lucky few connected to their water corporation that the reason behind them not supplying water is because there is no "Alum" available to treat water! grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 18, 2016
Aaa
Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by olsmade(m): 2:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
Sammyashol:

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. The military is just as corrupt. Have you forgotten the days of Babangida, Abacha etc? Have you also forgotten that the top guns in the military of today will be just as bad if not worse given the opportunity? Look at Badeh for example. That is the one we are aware of.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by martineinstein(m): 2:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
Future leaders
Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by FACTUALLYE(m): 2:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
nonsense
Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by Zico5(m): 2:45pm On Mar 18, 2016
God? Selling their destinies for just 1k. It is only a caused man that will defend someone like saraki whose antecedent and character are very gruesome. We are our own enemies in this country. Someone like saraki ought to languishing in maximum kirikiri now but the reverse Is the case. Nigeria needs prayer.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 18, 2016
Heheheheh

Igbo alijimaris did theirs sometimes ago. Hailing their Yoruba master.
Yesterday's Hausa's own.

Well done saraki, the two most bigoted regions are solidly behind you. cheesy grin

No shaking.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by Avedon: 2:45pm On Mar 18, 2016
Sammyashol:

Well said..
Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by yokiti: 2:45pm On Mar 18, 2016
Duties of looters' sympathizers: Fathers are given crumbs to protest, friends unknowingly beats drum of shame for aso ebi mothers, uncles & aunts are to carry placards, children are to take over social media. SMH for some of these generation of Nigerians
I weep for my dear nation.

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by JoaHynppes(m): 2:46pm On Mar 18, 2016
[size=20pt]a whole alotta Nigerian youths are far more stupid than their governments.
WTF is this? Protesting for a theif corrupt asshole?
Well I can't blame them, they look hungry though...look at their footwear...saraki and the rest who do pay these beggers to protest on their behalf should be shot dead.
[/size]
Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by Sammyashol(m): 2:46pm On Mar 18, 2016
olsmade:

Be careful what you wish for.
Do ur wish o. Is it not better than all dis sh*t we are facing
Re: Saraki’s Trial: How Protesters Shared N1000 Each In Jabi To Disrupt Trial by Beetobee(f): 2:47pm On Mar 18, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
saraki is to kwara state as amaeachi 'was' to rivers state, they will continue to persecute you sir, but one thing is sure and that is the youths of this country are solidly behind you.

Misguided youths only who don't have the interest of the country at heart!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi Is A 'roadside Politician Without Vision' - Ngige / Oshiomhole Might Not Survive Removal Plot By December - The Sun / 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.