Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,543 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) (51353 Views)

Shocking Photos Of Cancer-stricken Diezani Alison-madueke Nigeria's Former Petro / Nigeria’s Former NSA In N1.75 Billion Cash-for-arms Fraud-sahara Reporters / Nigeria's Former President Goodluck Jonathan Vacations In Los Angeles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by omenka(m): 12:19pm On Sep 27, 2014
Wealthyegg:
All my life av never seen the old N5 note clean before it's always so very dirty and disgisting like OBJ's cheek grin grin grin grin
And this is meant to make us laugh I suppose??

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Haywhymido(m): 12:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
Am happy to av been opportuned to spend dat money above
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by iamord(m): 12:24pm On Sep 27, 2014
omenka: Lol. Person don eat rubbish for this life sha. Imagine consuming alewa (raw sugar). Smh.

Lol! Wetin man don pack for belle na only God!! I don't know about alewa! But the one I chop na ice water, kuli kuli, babadudu, dankuwa and ice cream. M & K and some I can't recall their names.. I remember in pry 5. Someone dash me 50naira. I stepped into the end of year party with a nylon of kuli kuli. Feeling like a million bux!!!
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by omenka(m): 12:30pm On Sep 27, 2014
iamord:

Lol! Wetin man don pack for belle na only God!! I don't know about alewa! But the one I chop na ice water, kuli kuli, babadudu, dankuwa and ice cream. M & K and some I can't recall their names.. I remember in pry 5. Someone dash me 50naira. I stepped into the end of year party with a nylon of kuli kuli. Feeling like a million bux!!!
Oh Lawd!! Na real pakororo you be!! cheesycheesy

Alewa is that sugary stuff that comes in a variety of colours, some red, others blue, green, white, yellow, etc. Twas just pure sugar. Try dat kain tin naw, jedijedi go kill you!
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Wealthyegg(f): 12:30pm On Sep 27, 2014
omenka: And this is meant to make us laugh I suppose??

Who is craving for ur LAUGHTER ... The truth be told, i would be so glad if u can cry ur eyeballs out...... AIC
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by omenka(m): 12:33pm On Sep 27, 2014
Wealthyegg:

Who is craving for ur LAUGHTER ... The truth be told, i would be so glad if u can cry ur eyeballs out...... AIC
I believe this is your picture in your profile. Just look at your teeth, your lips, and your cheeks, yet you have the nerves to insult someone else. Smh. Poor ghetto thing.

#edit.
Toss your nose as well in there.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by iamord(m): 12:39pm On Sep 27, 2014
omenka: Oh Lawd!! Na real pakororo you be!! cheesycheesy

Alewa is that sugary stuff that comes in a variety of colours, some red, others blue, green, white, yellow, etc. Twas just pure sugar. Try dat kain tin naw, jedijedi go kill you!

Omo I no be paki o! In fact my parents where keen on what goes into my mouth .. But as a rebel I go everly chop those junk stuffs .. Yes oo!! I remember the sugar stuff now . I follow chop am.. Those days were very good I must say! It was in the year of kas chicken, pintones .. Merphis burger.. Utc ..flavours and chicken per! Peri! Apapa amusement park !! Where did this franchises go to??
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Fourwinds: 12:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
omenka: Age restricted thread at last!grin

Used to pocket church offering money then (50kobo) and use it to buy "Donkuwa" or "Alewa", or ice cream (milk mixed with sugar and water packaged in white polythene bags) after service. Then you see housa girls line up with their stuffs for sale in front of the church's gate, and yep, they enjoyed alota patronage!!

#nostalgic.. embarassed
good old days in d north.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by fujirice: 12:46pm On Sep 27, 2014
Na only shilling I no meet.....lol!
I don old sha
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by fujirice: 12:49pm On Sep 27, 2014
Fourwinds:
good old days in d north.
Chai! So many things have really changed.
Grew up partly in the North too, KD to be precise.
Good old days I must tell ya

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 27, 2014
smoothsk:

If you do not understand igbo language or have anybody around to intepret to you. Kindly use google translation and get back to me with an apology. Cheers

Smoothsk,

I just got a vivid translation of your comment! I now understand you smiley
Now go back and read my comment to you so you also can understand me! cheesy
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Wealthyegg(f): 12:54pm On Sep 27, 2014
omenka: I believe this is your picture in your profile. Just look at your teeth, your lips, and your cheeks, yet you have the nerves to insult someone else. Smh. Poor ghetto thing.

#edit.
Toss your nose as well in there.

oh! i seee... sooo of what bizness of urs is my pix.... S.I.D.B.A.F.A.F.L.U.... FYI dat's was wen i was serving my fatherland... idiot
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by mecussey(m): 12:56pm On Sep 27, 2014
Keneking: I am coming to snap some Biafra's notes for upload so that we can compare and contrast grin
I am sure if Biafra Republic had succeeded, two things would have happened by now:
1. The local currency would be as strong as GBP. It would be used for international trading.
2. There would have been another sub-currency that would be trading with the Nigerian Naira.

Our CBB ( central bank of Biafra) would have been a model for Africa. Biafra Republic was indeed great. We would have formed strong allies like French, USA and Britain. We would be attending UN General Assembly and sending troops to fight Boko Haram, ISIS and AlQaeda grin
We shall be planning to annex Edo State into the Republic. Kogi would have since been ceded as well. Our institutions would be world-class. Those in the government would be first class no clueless characters. cool

The Biafran Currency would have the sign of crucifix affixed on it by now. What this mean is that no corruption, no unethical practices and no shady dealings with the currency. Oh I miss the vision of that republic embarassed cry

I doubt...!
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Ninilowo(m): 1:18pm On Sep 27, 2014
LMAyedun: The Indomie generation certainly can't know these currencies... we bought Ice water, Guguru & Epa, Babadudu,Sisi pelebe, Dankuwa etc
plus kulikuli,,tanfirin,eekanna gowon,abebe shagari, chai.........GUN were de days (ibon ni awon ojo won ni)
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by englishmart(m): 1:22pm On Sep 27, 2014
kandiikane:

grin na only 3thousand naira dey for your pocket and you dey here dey brag. Even can't get a big point and kill fish with drinks for that amount.
that is 12k. Pls.

Money Wey I wan manage flex for tomorrow.
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by donwise1(m): 1:23pm On Sep 27, 2014
how time flies
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by LMAyedun(m): 1:32pm On Sep 27, 2014
PastorAji: @LMAyedun, are you from Ayedun Oke- Ero LGA of Kwara State?
No, I'm from Kogi state.
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by chaloner(m): 1:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
rasky2k4:

It is not Islamic tins but Arabic letters coined to produce Hausa words. It was added to help Hausa readers who were then mostly lettered in Arabic and not English. For example, the Arabic inscriptions you have on that 50k note is pronounced Kobo Hamsin, which means 50 kobo in Hausa language.
Let's leave it at that because that lopsided act has been corrected. At the back of current N5, you now have wazobia lettering.
ok dats great to here, atleast I can now say somtin abt dat
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by chaloner(m): 1:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
dvee2:

It's just a translation of the value in Hausa. Example Fifty kobo is transliterated as Kwobo Hamsin.
ok dats great to here, atleast I can now say somtin abt dat
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Dexema(m): 1:43pm On Sep 27, 2014
omenka: Age restricted thread at last!grin

Used to pocket church offering money then (50kobo) and use it to buy "Donkuwa" or "Alewa", or ice cream (milk mixed with sugar and water packaged in white polythene bags) after service. Then you see housa girls line up with their stuffs for sale in front of the church's gate, and yep, they enjoyed alota patronage!!

#nostalgic.. embarassed

Ur on point bro,with the amount of highly unrefined sugary stuff we ate as kids na God talk say make we no invent kiddies diabetes for Nigeria.
Repping team #Coconutcandyandlolly#
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Funjosh(m): 1:44pm On Sep 27, 2014
LMAyedun: The Indomie generation certainly can't know these currencies... we bought Ice water, Guguru & Epa, Babadudu,Sisi pelebe, Dankuwa etc

Men I even buy Ricealagbon, Icecondense and Agidi with 1naira and i go still get 25kobo changegrin Life was so sweet then wink
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by mkoabiola: 1:53pm On Sep 27, 2014
Gud old days
Thnk God I witnessed it except d shillings
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Fxwarrior: 1:54pm On Sep 27, 2014
Op what makes me think that that reddish note should be 10 naira and not 1 naira?
I believe it to be aan error on your part.
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by musiwa95: 2:05pm On Sep 27, 2014
nigeria put fake story of a man on its currency.. IT was a 419 story of Azikiwe many lies.

You can see, it was a scam story.. it was fake.

There was no election in western after till the 1950 's or so.. it was 419 story of azikiwe because The igbos with the help of the north illegal occupy the independent country of the Kingdom of Western Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeoHA_IyLgs&list=UUb87BDP4HGsiqBllDwiejIQ
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by duduboy1(m): 2:07pm On Sep 27, 2014
i use them buy coke when coke b 50k grin
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 27, 2014
When did 20 and 50 naira become past currencies?
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by 1stola: 2:14pm On Sep 27, 2014
Keneking: I am coming to snap some Biafra's notes for upload so that we can compare and contrast grin
I am sure if Biafra Republic had succeeded, two things would have happened by now:
1. The local currency would be as strong as GBP. It would be used for international trading.
2. There would have been another sub-currency that would be trading with the Nigerian Naira.

Our CBB ( central bank of Biafra) would have been a model for Africa. Biafra Republic was indeed great. We would have formed strong allies like French, USA and Britain. We would be attending UN General Assembly and sending troops to fight Boko Haram, ISIS and AlQaeda grin
We shall be planning to annex Edo State into the Republic. Kogi would have since been ceded as well. Our institutions would be world-class. Those in the government would be first class no clueless characters. cool

The Biafran Currency would have the sign of crucifix affixed on it by now. What this mean is that no corruption, no unethical practices and no shady dealings with the currency. Oh I miss the vision of that republic embarassed cry
mumu dreamer
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by deletrue: 2:19pm On Sep 27, 2014
Analyst2: THE GOOD OLD DAYS...WHEN THE NAIRA WAS REAL...
Good hey days na Pounds, Shillings, penny, toro not Naira of yesterday. Very funny individual you are.
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Udeeny: 2:33pm On Sep 27, 2014
[quote author=Keneking]I am coming to snap some Biafra's notes for upload so that we can compare and contrast grin

The Biafran Currency would have the sign of crucifix affixed on it by now. What this mean is that no corruption, no unethical practices and no shady dealings with the currency. Oh I miss the vision of that republic

Story for the gods
Its not too last just try to break oUt again and share fate with d boko harams
Idiot Akpalakpa
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by princesa(f): 2:39pm On Sep 27, 2014
Keneking:
I am coming to snap some Biafra's notes for upload so that we can compare and contrast grin

you Igbos supporting Biafra are delirious and highly confused. You think corruption is something that goes away when a country moves or secedes? The problem is with the people, the politicians and the government.

Stop wasting your time with flying pigs, contribute your quota to make Nigeria great and stop being ridiculous!
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by coolebux(m): 3:00pm On Sep 27, 2014
Can still remember when daddy used to me give N5 and would reject it cos I can't handle it. grin grin
He would laugh at me and then reach out for N1 and I'll be so so happy. cheesy cheesy

Those good ol' days
Still reminising
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by legalwealth(m): 3:04pm On Sep 27, 2014
Those 50 kobo and 1 naira coins suffered from my hand with pen and pencil when tracing then on a paper.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Fires CSO For ‘Leaking’ Itinerary To Diezani - TheCable / Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student / Photos Of Rescued Girls, Women From Sambisa Forest By The Nigerian Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.