Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) (51324 Views)

Shocking Photos Of Cancer-stricken Diezani Alison-madueke Nigeria's Former Petro / Nigeria’s Former NSA In N1.75 Billion Cash-for-arms Fraud-sahara Reporters / Nigeria's Former President Goodluck Jonathan Vacations In Los Angeles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by emmabest2000(m): 9:13am On Sep 27, 2014
Old Good Days grin

Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by delmavic(m): 9:14am On Sep 27, 2014
I spend almost of it except shillings , I brought balewa, sachet ice cream etc
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by honeyad(m): 9:16am On Sep 27, 2014
These currencies reminds me of ekana gowon, tanfirin, baba dudu, sisi pelebe, petit, pito,small cabin buscuit,cough drop, Pako buscuit... See aye foreign grin #bringbackourcurrency#

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Kossyne(m): 9:20am On Sep 27, 2014
kissty:

see your dirty fingernail

I think say na only me notice am.
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Ahmeduana(m): 9:21am On Sep 27, 2014
LMAyedun: The Indomie generation certainly can't know these currencies... we bought Ice water, Guguru & Epa, Babadudu,Sisi pelebe, Dankuwa etc
FAN-ICE,TABA-TABA, BISCUIT ALATA, NASCO BISCUIT, OKIN BISCUIT AKARA RUSHIE.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Ahmeduana(m): 9:24am On Sep 27, 2014
Keneking: I am coming to snap some Biafra's notes for upload so that we can compare and contrast grin
I am sure if Biafra Republic had succeeded, two things would have happened by now:
1. The local currency would be as strong as GBP. It would be used for international trading.
2. There would have been another sub-currency that would be trading with the Nigerian Naira.

Our CBB ( central bank of Biafra) would have been a model for Africa. Biafra Republic was indeed great. We would have formed strong allies like French, USA and Britain. We would be attending UN General Assembly and sending troops to fight Boko Haram, ISIS and AlQaeda grin
We shall be planning to annex Edo State into the Republic. Kogi would have since been ceded as well. Our institutions would be world-class. Those in the government would be first class no clueless characters. cool

The Biafra Currency would have the sign of crucifix affixed on it by now. What this mean is that no corruption, no unethical practices and no shady dealings with the currency. Oh I miss the vision of that republic embarassed cry
LIVING IN FOOLS PARADISE AND DREAMING OF ELDORADO!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Emmysteve(m): 9:25am On Sep 27, 2014
This reminds of one certain day my mum saw me during break tym on her way to the market, she gave me 2 naira. I was so happy, bought Kunun Zaki 5kb worth and kept the remaining change for the following day.
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by abdulahi001: 9:26am On Sep 27, 2014
Ahmeduana:
LIVING IN FOOLS PARADISE AND DREAMING OF ELDORADO!
Help me ask him dat ao many nations emerge without ever been under-developed?
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Emmysteve(m): 9:29am On Sep 27, 2014
With your five naira, complete garri mixture is ready. Garri 2 naira, sugar one naira, kuli kuli 2 naira
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by smoothlips(m): 9:30am On Sep 27, 2014
englishmart: I didn't spend much of those then.
Money too scarce.
But for these one below, I dey spend am like die.

Hahahahahahahaha
This bros ur finger nails dirty shia!
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by richeso: 9:31am On Sep 27, 2014
LMAyedun: The Indomie generation certainly can't know these currencies... we bought Ice water, Guguru & Epa, Babadudu,Sisi pelebe, Dankuwa etc

Wwwoow u remember Donkuwa ? Omo na my favrate ooooo
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by alexis007(m): 9:31am On Sep 27, 2014
Keneking: I am coming to snap some Biafra's notes for upload so that we can compare and contrast grin
I am sure if Biafra Republic had succeeded, two things would have happened by now:
1. The local currency would be as strong as GBP. It would be used for international trading.
2. There would have been another sub-currency that would be trading with the Nigerian Naira.

Our CBB ( central bank of Biafra) would have been a model for Africa. Biafra Republic was indeed great. We would have formed strong allies like French, USA and Britain. We would be attending UN General Assembly and sending troops to fight Boko Haram, ISIS and AlQaeda grin
We shall be planning to annex Edo State into the Republic. Kogi would have since been ceded as well. Our institutions would be world-class. Those in the government would be first class no clueless characters. cool

The Biafran Currency would have the sign of crucifix affixed on it by now. What this mean is that no corruption, no unethical practices and no shady dealings with the currency. Oh I miss the vision of that republic embarassed cry
...this boy was born with a MASSOB logo branded on his chest.....ma brother,if you're still sharing ojukwu's ideals.....you deserve an urgent,wait-and-take delieverance.....being a citizen of the most populous black nation in the world is worth thanking God for

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 27, 2014
with baba dudu

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Snowprince306(m): 9:32am On Sep 27, 2014
Men na Kolikoli tinz oh and babadodo and grandnut.
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by rasky2k4(m): 9:39am On Sep 27, 2014
chaloner: What's dos arabic/islamic tins for , I mmean dere meaning?

It is not Islamic tins but Arabic letters coined to produce Hausa words. It was added to help Hausa readers who were then mostly lettered in Arabic and not English. For example, the Arabic inscriptions you have on that 50k note is pronounced Kobo Hamsin, which means 50 kobo in Hausa language.
Let's leave it at that because that lopsided act has been corrected. At the back of current N5, you now have wazobia lettering.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Omolecturer(m): 9:39am On Sep 27, 2014
even kulikuli cheesy
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Awoofawo(m): 9:40am On Sep 27, 2014

The Biafran Currency would have the sign of crucifix affixed on it by now. What this mean is that no corruption, no unethical practices and no shady dealings with the currency. Oh I miss the vision of that republic embarassed cry
embarassed

Please go back and sleep to continue that your sweet delude dream cool grin
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by onstelly(f): 9:45am On Sep 27, 2014
The only money I can recongnise her is the #20 and #5 note oh
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Freelancer00(m): 9:53am On Sep 27, 2014

U for be comedian o. If u're not a comedian, U'RE WRONG
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Jmain: 9:53am On Sep 27, 2014
trevolady: Good old day!!!50kobo was my pocket money every morning back then in primary school,I wud buy lunch,fruits,gala n lolly on my way home with just 50kobo! grin

You go Command Children School ? . .i had a friend with such daily stipends grin
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by bullyman36(m): 9:53am On Sep 27, 2014
englishmart: I didn't spend much of those then.
Money too scarce.
But for these one below, I dey spend am like die.

Hahahahahahahaha
No dy lielie undecided moni wey u just go remove from ur papa wallet....no go return am ooo, make the man catch u tongue
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Freelancer00(m): 9:55am On Sep 27, 2014
trevolady: Good old day!!!50kobo was my pocket money every morning back then in primary school,I wud buy lunch,fruits,gala n lolly on my way home with just 50kobo! grin
Ur boobs like like those 50k puffpuff we buy then *skips away*
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by 2n2k(m): 9:58am On Sep 27, 2014
Wow. This 25 kobo coin was so heavy, you could use it for weightlifting exercise.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by klassic(m): 10:00am On Sep 27, 2014
Good old days when a bottle of Limca was 25kobo, boiled egg 5kobo. If u have 1 naira note you are a big boy, If you have 5 naira, the richest boy in your village. Smiles
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by meforyou1(m): 10:04am On Sep 27, 2014
9jahubcom: Ok..i use most except d shillings
Yea, likewise me
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by galadima77(m): 10:13am On Sep 27, 2014

when u wake up from slumber...you'd proffer ways to move Nigeria forward.
God bless the FRN
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Vanpascore(m): 10:15am On Sep 27, 2014

See your life! Unfulfiled dream! Who would have led to achieve this? When the then leader even failed woefully.
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 27, 2014
I remember there was dissatisfaction when N50 note was introduced and 50k and N1 changed to coins!grin
Gone are the days when a measure of rice goes for N2.50k
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by juanmiguel: 10:19am On Sep 27, 2014
its my b'day! I'm grateful to God!
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Heycube(m): 10:20am On Sep 27, 2014
Na only shillings I knw spend. I de use 50k and 1 naira both paper and coin buy biscuit, boiled rice and fruits dt time. cheesy God bless Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by itsIYKE(m): 10:21am On Sep 27, 2014
Vanpascore:

See your life! Unfulfiled dream! Who would have led to achieve this? When the then leader even failed woefully.
ur English teacher failed woefully
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by justitiaomnibus(m): 10:22am On Sep 27, 2014
I remember vividly. Memories of childhood and adolescence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

It Was A Nice Crowd –Reno Omokri Commends Obidients On March For Peter Obi (Pic) / 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey / Sanwo-Olu Won't Escape Probe After COVID-19 Pandemic - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.