Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,497 members, 7,770,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:01 AM

Ceiling POP Designs For Your House - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ceiling POP Designs For Your House (235061 Views)

The Best POP Designs At Affordable Prices With Our Interior Decorations / Preventing And Removing Household Mould On Ceiling & POP Ceiling / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by mufutau55(m): 4:07am On Nov 09, 2014
Very lovely POP and paintings, Oga Spyder. Agreed with the lighting arrangements. Were the walls screeded?

Hajji M.
Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 4:12am On Nov 09, 2014
mufutau55:
Very lovely POP and paintings, Oga Spyder. Agreed with the lighting arrangements. Were the walls screeded?

Hajji M.

Yes the walls were screeded and the painting well done,

1 Like

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 4:15am On Nov 09, 2014
more...

1 Share

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 4:18am On Nov 09, 2014
How about this? cheesy

This is a neat finish, where the wall painting colour is also used to touch off on the POP works to create a good inner room ambiance.

Also, look at the window area again, did you see the space left for curtains that will shade the windows, some POP designers are never considerate of very simple improvements, I will show better pictures later to explain more.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by mufutau55(m): 4:21am On Nov 09, 2014
spyder880:
How about this? cheesy

YES! YES!! YES!!! Superb... Well balanced... All this finishing we are missing from your projects... (I know... Client release smiley)
What are those painting called... Stucco?

Hajji M.
Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 4:24am On Nov 09, 2014
mufutau55:

YES! YES!! YES!!! Superb... All this finishing we are missing from your projects... (I know... Client release smiley)

My brother, there is something about me, I dont like doing things wrong, and that is why when I complete a house and the client is not speaking my language as regards intricate and well planned finishes, I quietly watch things. I will say more about this in the coming few posts.

For me, its either the best, or I will be watching from the sidelines.

1 Like

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 4:27am On Nov 09, 2014
Another good sample, the effect of this Rosette at the center where the chandelier hangs is cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by mufutau55(m): 4:32am On Nov 09, 2014
spyder880:

My brother, there is something about me, I dont like doing things wrong, and that is why when I complete a house and the client is not speaking my language as regards intricate and well planned finishes, I quietly watch things. I will say more about this in the coming few posts.

For me, its either the best, or I will be watching from the sidelines.

I trust you on that.. and you have been doing an excellent work. More reason I saved some of your posted photos for future implementation..
I am not very good when it comes to artworks.

Hajji M.
Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 4:39am On Nov 09, 2014
A home should be designed to be enjoyed, and if you can afford it, explore the creative artworks that are all very available everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 4:48am On Nov 09, 2014
mufutau55:

I trust you on that.. and you have been doing an excellent work. More reason I saved some of your posted photos for future implementation..
I am not very good when it comes to artworks.

Hajji M.

The thing about Nigerians is that we are in too much of a hurry, in building, the finish may be hurried but ensure its well planned. The guys doing the POP and other workers like the plastering guys, screeding, painting, electricians and plumbing teams should all be harmonized to work in sync with the supervisor who is knowledgeable enough to identify and implement good designs.

There is a big difference between a pictured design and the delivery of the job, very big difference. Some artisans are just whack, they dont just know the job but claim to know, I am always pissed off but try to control myself when I see bad jobs, bent lines, scuffed curved, badly aligned levels all on the POP!

Hey, the POP is one of the final touches in a house and if you get it wrong, you are going to be looking at a wrong thing for a very long time, sometimes even forever, because some people will use their ceiling forever! That's why its important to get it right.

5 Likes

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by mufutau55(m): 4:50am On Nov 09, 2014
^^^^^
Word of wisdom...

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 4:57am On Nov 09, 2014
mufutau55:
^^^^^
Word of wisdom...

Yes, mistakes made at the construction level could be well hidden by a lot of things, make a mistake with blocks and a good plastering work hides it, make a mistake with plastering and a good screeding/painting hides it, but make a mistake with POP or other final finish works and it remains that way for a long time.

Maybe it will take a visiting friend to point it out to the home owner, an honest visitor will frankly look at your ceiling and point out the flaws, and I will hate to be remembered years later for a bad work. Sometimes the future is what defines a man, not the present. That is why I keep off from a bad finish work.

1 Like

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 4:59am On Nov 09, 2014
The outside.....

I think the outside POP should be very elaborate, some people may never get into your front door to appreciate the beauty in your living room ceiling, and so its always important to plan a good defining POP design to impress your friends and family who might not be opportune to squeeze into the living room, maybe because there is too much rush the day they came. Or there is a festive celebration, parties, birthdays etc.

Another point here is that you should avoid some suspicious looking shaped outside your house, Some Nigerians are very very funny, and will not hesitate to brand you with anything they like, sometimes you place an innocent star shape, or cross, or circular design on your outside POP and your neighbors/ villagers will starts a rumor that you have joined the Illuminati grin grin grin

I was defending a man from a nearby village whom people just concluded has joined a secret society just because of the shape of his POP finish, and this guy is not even living in Nigeria grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 5:10am On Nov 09, 2014
The chandellier is another topic of its own, we shall look at it on a good day.
Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 5:54am On Nov 09, 2014
Coming up soon, how to make and hang the beautiful POP designs you see on the ceilings.

1 Like

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by payoski: 7:56am On Nov 09, 2014
How much will it cost me For pop my sitting room is 32sqm 15th 25sqm should I buy the material and pay for service or give out money for every thing, is it charge by meter. Please my friends I need advice. Thanks
Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 2:18pm On Nov 11, 2014
payoski:
How much will it cost me For pop my sitting room is 32sqm 15th 25sqm should I buy the material and pay for service or give out money for every thing, is it charge by meter. Please my friends I need advice. Thanks

You will have to get a POP worker to come to site and measure this, plus see your choice and then give you a quotation.
Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 12:19am On Nov 12, 2014
Materials for making the POP you see on the ceiling

1 Like

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 12:21am On Nov 12, 2014
White cement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 12:24am On Nov 12, 2014
You need to mix the white cement in a bowl containing clean water, add some wool and mix on a flat, glass surface if you want to make a board

1 Like

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 12:27am On Nov 12, 2014
This is how the flat boards you see on the ceiling are mixed, and then allowed to harden.

1 Like

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 12:29am On Nov 12, 2014
But for the cornice, circular and more distinctive shaped, you need a mold to be made.

3 Likes

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 12:32am On Nov 12, 2014
I want you to look at the way they are hung on the roofing wood, or other supports, very solid and tied. Don't be deceived about the simplicity of the hanging threads, they contain binding wires inside them.......

4 Likes

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 12:36am On Nov 12, 2014
Go ahead, dream up any design, shape or size, it could be made for you at the right prices of course. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 12:38am On Nov 12, 2014
more designs........

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 12:41am On Nov 12, 2014
How about this one.......

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by FastShipping: 12:41am On Nov 12, 2014
@ Spyder

What do you think between using a sanding machine or using bare hand when smoothing the POP? Does using machine make a difference?
Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 12:45am On Nov 12, 2014
FastShipping:
@ Spyder
What do you think between using a sanding machine or using bare hand when smoothing the POP? Does using machine make a difference?

Yes, the sanding machine could be faster, but the works involved in the POP is a lot more intricate than the works which we might require the sanding machine for. I usually like the sanding machine if the object is made of wood, metals or concrete. The POP is much softer and could scratch easily.
Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 12:47am On Nov 12, 2014
Check out these designs.......

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 12:49am On Nov 12, 2014
Maybe I had put up this one earlier......

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 12:50am On Nov 12, 2014
Even at the ceiling of the Polo park mall, Enugu.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Professional Aluminum Windows, burglary proof Works & security doors(Photos) / How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.