Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,534 members, 7,770,388 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:14 AM

Ceiling POP Designs For Your House - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ceiling POP Designs For Your House (235065 Views)

The Best POP Designs At Affordable Prices With Our Interior Decorations / Preventing And Removing Household Mould On Ceiling & POP Ceiling / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by payoski: 7:51am On Nov 17, 2014
spyder880:

You will have to get a POP worker to come to site and measure this, plus see your choice and then give you a quotation.
TX my Senior lecturer, I have requested for the quotation as you earlier directed but my questions are, should I give him (worker) money for materials and workmanship or should I buy the materials my self and pay him only for service, please advise, I really want the best. TX Student
Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 12:47pm On Nov 17, 2014
payoski:
TX my Senior lecturer, I have requested for the quotation as you earlier directed but my questions are, should I give him (worker) money for materials and workmanship or should I buy the materials my self and pay him only for service, please advise, I really want the best. TX Student

Better give him money for materials, and when he has started work pay him advance and later after the work is complete, pay him the complete money.

1 Like

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by ASL33: 6:42pm On Nov 18, 2014
I need somebody to do this for my pls.

1 Like

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by mufutau55(m): 8:32pm On Nov 18, 2014
ASL33:
I need somebody to do this for my pls.

Lovely.. I love it too..
Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by FastShipping: 1:52am On Dec 17, 2014
Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by papalumi29(m): 7:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
lumi29 (m ): 7:18pm
Dear Sir/Ma,
We supply Fibre Ceiling Sheets for the interior
decoration of your building like house,
hospital, hotel, hostel, hall etc.
*It is 100% asbestos free (asbestos is harmful
to health)
*It is waterproof (pop links)
*Fireproof
*Strong and Durable
*Cheap and easy to install.
*Fashionable ( comes in different designs and
can be customized. e.g, CASTLE can be
inscribed on it.)
*It comes in size 2 feet by 2 feet.
I look forward to doing business with you,
thanks.
Yours ,
Sam Akin (Mr.)
08052588681/08037297697
BBM pin: 75d0d033lumi29 (m ): 7:18pm
Dear Sir/Ma,
to health)
*Fireproof
*Strong and Durable
inscribed on it.)
thanks.
Yours ,
Sam Akin (Mr.)
08052588681/08037297697
BBM pin: 75d0d033
Dear Sir/Ma,
to health)
*Fireproof
*Strong and Durable
inscribed on it.)
thanks.
Yours ,
Sam Akin (Mr.)
08052588681/08037297697
BBM pin: 75d0d033
Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by mufutau55(m): 7:24pm On Dec 17, 2014
papalumi29:
Dear Sir/Ma,
to health)
*Fireproof
*Strong and Durable
inscribed on it.)
thanks.
Yours ,
Sam Akin (Mr.)
08052588681/08037297697
BBM pin: 75d0d033[color=#000099]lumi29 (m ): 7:18pm

Can you post the sample pictures of your past installations so we can see what you are talking about? Thanks.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 5:58am On Dec 25, 2014
Hello friends, 
It is my pleasure to find time to communicate with you all, and to review our activities in the last 12 months. We have been interacting here all year long in peace and harmony, and that's why I feel its good to provide you all with a round up of all our various projects and ventures which we worked on in the outgoing year, 2014. 

It was a very eventful year, and incidentally my first full year working as a building contractor. We crafted houses and structures in various parts of the country. On my part, I will say it was very fulfilling, because for the first time I felt I am doing what I am well suited for, building houses. I also hope you enjoyed the journey and details as we moved from state to state, site to site, task to task.

We built houses in 3 states of the federation in 2014, we built 6 houses in Enugu state, 3 houses in Rivers State and 1 house in Imo State. Altogether, we built a total of 10 houses in 2014, all the houses, with the exception of two houses in Enugu state are all online here and owned by members of this Nairaland. The remaining 2 houses belongs to private individuals in Enugu who saw what I was doing on the ground and contacted me to build their houses. All the houses are in their finish stages, expect for the luxury flats we are working to get to the roof in Port Harcourt. 

My passion has always been to build houses, and I enjoy what I do. But of course life will never move on a straight and level plane. We experienced a fair share of challenges as we worked in some of the projects in 2014. Some of the problems were as a result of natural occurrences, some from bad workmanship, by some of our workers while the rest was as a result of weak supervision on the part of men I placed in positions of authority in the periods I might be out of the site. 

There were a few desperate situations, some small errors and some not too small work failures. In all, we reacted in good time to either arrest the situation or totally reverse the errors. It is our belief that we came out stronger from every challenge, and we learnt a lesson or two in the process. We also took steps to forestall a future occurrence. I have had to tinker with my team many times, dropping workers whom I found out were not entirely honest, or just refused to learn. I have also added to my team, more men I think they understand my needs, and share my values and aspirations. The improvements to our work are obvious, I have also taken steps to reduce the number of projects I accept in any time, I will like to complete some projects before starting another one. 

I can also recall some wonderful results, some high quality jobs which we all agreed came out top class. There are some houses which I can smile about whenever I am passing the area, buildings which I can point at with pride and satisfaction. For those projects, I also learnt a lot from them, and will put the lessons to use in the coming year.

2014 also marked a change in my approach to the housing sector, I added another branch to my housing business, estate management. I initiated a move to develop 100 plots of land in a remote community in Enugu East LGA. The properties are on sale to interested members of the public, I am acquiring the lands with my registered company name, Tigerkenn Homes Nig LTD. We have sold over 20 plots of land and are still collecting deposits from interested investors, in and out of nairaland. 

We have offers for home building next year, we are finalising some deals on the projects we are going to start by next year 2015. We have a new duplex project planned for Port Harcourt, a super renovation work planned in Anambra , our new estate works in Enugu will also take off in the first quarter of 2015. We are already poised to give the estate a good lift, with a view to developing the place so the area can appreciate. It will be a very busy year, but we are up to the task as usual. We want to deliver more quality and less quantity. 

I am using this opportunity to thank you all, especially my clients, for your steadfastness, your trust and belief in us. I have never met many of you in person, only phone calls and emails, and yet we relate like brothers and sisters. Please forgive us if there are things we did not do very well in 2014, we are only human, and we will continue to improve in all respects. We promise you lower costs and higher quality projects. We appreciate you, may GOD himself bless you all.

For all my workers, you are the best, we may fight and quarrel, for all the misunderstanding and all the harsh words, for the shouting matches and corrective actions, please forgive and forget, its not a personal thing, we must do these to improve our work so we can impress our clients. 

For all our suppliers, we thank you for your timely and not too timely deliveries, but please serve us better next year and don't connive with cement sellers to rip us off.

For all my friends and readers, na una be the real Oga, the people I am really serving. I promise more action next year, lets do it again in 2015!

There is a possibility that my phone might not be connecting in the next few days till the end of this year. I plan to travel to my village in Nomeh Unateze in Nkanu East LGA in Enugu state with my family for this Christmas festivities, my village usually has very poor MTN network coverage. We are supposed to travel later this morning and I might be in the village till the new year, with one or two visits to some sites in between.

This is an opportunity to spend some time with my wife and children, visit the farm, go fishing in the village stream, prepare village foods and attend village meetings. 

In case anyone wants to contact me, please send me a text message on my normal line 08033350750 or send a mail to ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk, I will be checking from time to time.

Merry Christmas to you all, we thank you all. 

PERFECTION IS OUR GOAL, EXCELLENCE WILL BE TOLERATED.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by Johnsonsp(m): 6:38pm On Mar 11, 2015
Can someone help me in calculating this sq feet to POP sqm measurement... I will also like to know the cost for all.

1) 14ft x 13ft 5inch
2) 11ft x 7ft
3) 14ft x 4ft
4) 7ft 5inch x 3ft
5) 9ft 7inch x 6ft 4inch
6) 8ft 5inch x 4ft

Need a good pop workers for my 3bad..reach me at sani.sp.oo7@gmail.com

Thank
Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by Johnsonsp(m): 6:41pm On Mar 11, 2015
Can someone help me in calculating this sq feet to POP sqm measurement... I will also like to know the cost for all.

1) 14ft x 13ft 5inch
2) 11ft x 7ft
3) 14ft x 4ft
4) 7ft 5inch x 3ft
5) 9ft 7inch x 6ft 4inch
6) 8ft 5inch x 4ft

Thank
Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by Johnsonsp(m): 7:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
Can you help me in calculating this sq feet to POP sqm measurement... I will also like to know the cost for all.

1) 14ft x 13ft 5inch
2) 11ft x 7ft
3) 14ft x 4ft
4) 7ft 5inch x 3ft
5) 9ft 7inch x 6ft 4inch
6) 8ft 5inch x 4ft

Thank
Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 6:42am On Mar 12, 2015
Johnsonsp:
Can you help me in calculating this sq feet to POP sqm measurement... I will also like to know the cost for all.

1) 14ft x 13ft 5inch
2) 11ft x 7ft
3) 14ft x 4ft
4) 7ft 5inch x 3ft
5) 9ft 7inch x 6ft 4inch
6) 8ft 5inch x 4ft

Thank

Choose the design you want to know the price, it might help someone give you a quote.
Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by tranxo(m): 7:38am On Mar 12, 2015
These caught my attention. Wow!

1 Like

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by tranxo(m): 7:41am On Mar 12, 2015
Enjoy

1 Share

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by tranxo(m): 7:43am On Mar 12, 2015
More

1 Like

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by mufutau55(m): 3:10pm On Mar 12, 2015
tranxo:

Damn Tranxo, you surely have good taste. These are nice.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 6:32am On Apr 14, 2015
We are planning a POP work in our site in Ebonyi, just reviewing samples
Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by Dominionng(m): 9:24am On Apr 14, 2015
tranxo:

More of 'False ceiling' and 'Polystyrene ceiling'

Talk about orientating Nigerian Builders and Clients in the use of steel for roofing and noggin.
Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 10:06am On Apr 14, 2015
Dominionng:

More of 'False ceiling' and 'Polystyrene ceiling'

Talk about orientating Nigerian Builders and Clients in the use of steel for roofing and noggin.

Can you elaborate more on this, please?

1 Like

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by mufutau55(m): 2:32pm On Apr 14, 2015
Dominionng:

Steel is a good material, safe and last very long both for roofing and partitioning the rooms..... but the cost compared to the woods nko...?

Hajji M.
Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by Dominionng(m): 3:11pm On Apr 14, 2015
spyder880:

Can you elaborate more on this, please?

Considering the advantages of the former over the later which I will but mention few..

Strength & Durability: Steel frame roofing's are high-quality roofs. By virtue of its material characteristics and properties, cold formed steel studs offer significant advantages to both home owners, builders and consumers. Steel studs and joists are strong, lightweight, and made from uniform-quality material. Steel walls are straight, with square corners, and all but eliminate pops in drywall. This virtually does away with the need for costly callbacks and adjustments.

Fire Safety And Termite Protection: Steel framing doesn’t contribute combustible material to feed a fire and no termite headache

Lower Insurance premium Benefits
Healthier Living – non-toxic, allergy free, no waste, and recyclable.

Highly Durable Material – No sagging roof lines.

Fire Safety – does not burn.Lower Insurance Premiums – fire retardant, withstands high winds,

Galvanized Steel is Environment Friendly
Much steel is recycled material, so it can be reused rather than taking up space in a landfill. Additionally, it reduces the need to cut down trees and all the logging expenses that go along with it.
There is also less scrap and waste generated at the construction site. Framing members are produced in standard lengths and when longer pieces are needed, they can simply be spliced together.

In summary, it's durable, stable, termite-proof and fire proof.

The greatest advantage for someone like me is the fact that it gives room to create flexible designs...

Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 3:33pm On Apr 14, 2015
Dominionng:

Considering the advantages of the former over the later which I will but mention few..

Strength & Durability: Steel frame roofing's are high-quality roofs. By virtue of its material characteristics and properties, cold formed steel studs offer significant advantages to both home owners, builders and consumers. Steel studs and joists are strong, lightweight, and made from uniform-quality material. Steel walls are straight, with square corners, and all but eliminate pops in drywall. This virtually does away with the need for costly callbacks and adjustments.

Fire Safety And Termite Protection: Steel framing doesn’t contribute combustible material to feed a fire and no termite headache

Lower Insurance premium Benefits
Healthier Living – non-toxic, allergy free, no waste, and recyclable.

Highly Durable Material – No sagging roof lines.

Fire Safety – does not burn.Lower Insurance Premiums – fire retardant, withstands high winds,

Galvanized Steel is Environment Friendly
Much steel is recycled material, so it can be reused rather than taking up space in a landfill. Additionally, it reduces the need to cut down trees and all the logging expenses that go along with it.
There is also less scrap and waste generated at the construction site. Framing members are produced in standard lengths and when longer pieces are needed, they can simply be spliced together.

In summary, it's durable, stable, termite-proof and fire proof.

The greatest advantage for someone like me is the fact that it gives room to create flexible designs...

Very good points, can you do a cost comparative analysis between wooded roofs and its steel alternative assuming same size of house here in Nigeria? Thank you in advance.
Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by Dominionng(m): 3:40pm On Apr 14, 2015
mufutau55:

This is a good material, safe and last very long both for roofing and partitioning the rooms..... but the cost compared to the woods nko...?

Hajji M.

Here is where our Government comes into play Sir. In a country where it's more challenging to get a good and straight timber than an honest lawyer, our steel companies ain't producing 'shi-shi'

Since it's a recycled product, steel is meant to be far cheaper than timber but for the fact it's being imported presently.

Even with that, N6,500 per sqm is fantastic for roofing considering the advantages.
Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by Dominionng(m): 3:49pm On Apr 14, 2015
spyder880:

Very good points, can you do a cost comparative analysis between wooded roofs and its steel alternative assuming same size of house here in Nigeria? Thank you in advance.

I'm totally clueless on the cost of a wooden roof Boss.
Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 4:02pm On Apr 14, 2015
Dominionng:

I'm totally clueless on the cost of a wooden roof Boss.

I love trying new alternatives, if only I could get the costs. Thanks for the insight.
Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by mufutau55(m): 4:07pm On Apr 14, 2015
Dominionng:

Here is where our Government comes into play Sir. In a country where it's more challenging to get a good and straight timber than an honest lawyer, our steel companies ain't producing 'shi-shi'

Since it's a recycled product, steel is meant to be far cheaper than timber but for the fact it's being imported presently.

Even with that, N6,500 per sqm is fantastic for roofing considering the advantages.

You are right.. and I am keeping this on the back of my head.. I will surely try to do a cost comparison for my Duplex when finished..
Even if it's half or 2/3 more than the woods.. I may just go and try it... No need for termites or other bugs worry. Thank you.

Hajji M.
Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by Dominionng(m): 4:10pm On Apr 14, 2015
spyder880:

I love trying new alternatives, if only I could get the costs. Thanks for the insight.

I believe wood roofing contractors here on Nairaland can help with that Sir as I only deal on Steel roofing which price has been stated above.

Regards...
Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by spyder880(m): 5:45pm On Apr 14, 2015
Dominionng:

I believe wood roofing contractors here on Nairaland can help with that Sir as I only deal on Steel roofing which price has been stated above.

Regards...

I just did a quick look up on the next building I am planning to start soon. From the roofing plans I can see about 220 sqm of roofing space. Does it mean, using the price you mentioned above, that I will spend N6,500 x 220 = N1,430,000?

I am asking because my wood budget for this same house is less than N700,000 even with installation cost for the wood works? We are talking of a difference of N730,000.
Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by FastShipping: 5:54pm On Apr 14, 2015
spyder880:

I just did a quick look up on the next building I am planning to start soon. From the roofing plans I can see about 220 sqm of roofing space. Does it mean, using the price you mentioned above, that I will spend N6,500 x 220 = N1,430,000?

I am asking because my wood budget for this same house is less than N700,000 even with installation cost for the wood works? We are talking of a difference of N730,000.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by Dominionng(m): 11:51pm On Apr 14, 2015
spyder880:

Sir, does that include the cost of termite-proof chemicals sprayed on wood framing over time?

I insist 100% difference between wood frame and steel frame is cheap considering the advantages. Price to pay for luxury and rest of mind grin

If paving stone to conventional 'Stamping flooring' is between 250% - 500% increase, why should anyone see a 100% increase from wood framing to steel framing as expensive!

While the former limit us to the traditional POP casting and fixing, the latter's end result are those artistic designs we see on houzz.com

About time we put an end to "This looks like an overseas design" smiley

Imagine if our steel companies are functioning, putting an end to the importation of steel....
Re: Ceiling POP Designs For Your House by tushbobo(m): 10:22pm On Apr 24, 2015
wallfinishPjcts:
Introducing myself...GM, Wall Finish Projects. We just commenced Design & Build, but we've been mainly engaged with building finishing and renovations over the years. Most of our jobs have been in the North...Abuja, Kaduna, Kano, Maiduguri, Sokoto, Kebbi and Katsina. Before now,our jobs entailed taking over buildings after plastering stage and providing excellent finishing of various types...ranging from plaster board walls and POP ceilings, conventional painting to the exotic(especially Italian) and tiling . You will all agree with me that finishing is where most of us in the industry get it wrong these days,especially as regards attention to detail and that's our forte. For example, how many builders do you know use machines for sanding walls before painting in Nigeria? This makes a world of difference to the eventual outcome of the finished job and saves you 70% time if you know what you are doing, without necessarily adding to cost. We have also built strong partnerships with experts in other aspects of the building industry not within our core scope of operations. Permit me post some of our POP jobs, since it's the topic at hand.

Hi pls drop your contact.There is a job I will like you to do.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Professional Aluminum Windows, burglary proof Works & security doors(Photos) / How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.