Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Any Christian To Help Explain This? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Any Christian To Help Explain This? (4820 Views)

'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' / I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? / Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 28, 2014
LordReed:

LoL! OMG! You even know pass God sef. Senior brother to God LoL!

cheesy Thanks for the compliment. My point really is that he later had to chase them out when he saw that they had become wise. Initially, he camped them like little kids and warned them not to go near the forbidden tree. There was no exercise of free will when man lived in the garden. He was clearly a robot who had no wills except that programmed into it by its creator. All these changed when he ate the fruit and became like god.

The scripture was clear about him becoming like God only after he ate the said fruit. Before he ate the fruit, he led a very different kind of existence from that the one he had after eating the fruit.

1 Like

Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 28, 2014
LordReed:

I don't understand. You don't believe in the Genesis account?
no,I do for sure.. but ask Ur self how or when was a magnet placed into the earth and also where did the earth came from, after all it reads Genesis1:1 God created the heaven and the earth..... Genesis has an approximate of all that happened
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by pesty100(m): 5:52pm On Sep 28, 2014
I slept off and what happens?
The thread has reached 6 pages
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 28, 2014
hifaif:

cheesy Thanks for the compliment. My point really is that he later had to chase them out when he saw that they had become wise. Initially, he camped them like little kids and warned them not to go near the forbidden tree. There was no exercise of free will when man lived in the garden. He was clearly a robot who had no wills except that programmed into it by its creator. All these changed when he ate the fruit and became like god.

The scripture was clear about him becoming like God only after he ate the said fruit. Before he ate the fruit, he led a very different kind of existence from that the one he had after eating the fruit.
choi robot,,,,,,,,,,,

1 Like

Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by LordReed(m): 5:54pm On Sep 28, 2014
hifaif:

He was like God but yet God cast him out like a dirty rag. How then was he like God? Why didn't he fight and go back in?

1 Like

Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 28, 2014
efedua: Hum! another one today,,,,,,, well is good to know.... the ways of God cannot be understand literally and one can neither say God is evil. God created man, Adam and Eve and commanded them to replenish the earth(symbolic of marriage) and Adam and Eve knew nothing and they were left without a knowledge to reason about anything and the uses of things,likewise we can compare them as sucklings but sucklings are better of than they are. I must say that the fall of Adam and Evil confer satisfaction to God's creation in that God love man to replenish the earth but however man was lame and there is no means one can say that that will would be accomplished. wisdom was created by God and in it lie the sense of judgement,reasoning, etc which comes by the knowledge of good and evil, and God was with wisdom when He was creating the world. and to his creations above he gave wisdom, so therefore the feared conceived righteousness and the impudent evil, and to man beneath he has set a way by which he as well could obtain wisdom. all things after the creation would have remained as they are if Adam fell not but the will of God may not be done as it is his will that man procreate to replenish the whole earth. but one will ask if God cannot instead create more man to fill the earth than ascribing it to man's procreation,but however it is to God own wisdom why he left man to fall, and to them that obtain understanding in the Lord,God reveal such to. so then God kept in Eden a tree which fruit is wisdom and the other live and said man eat not of this tree if ye do ye die, I believe that was an option to keep God just from man's regret of having wisdom and man being pained to death....man yield and fell into temptation because he knew nothing other than that which was said to him, and him seeing the pertinent behind eating it forgot that God said death and the end was the result. so man was counted with the sin of disobedience which purge his body to death, for indeed he has not eaten unto his soul but unto his body.the world sank into the cup of him that have dominion over it and all drank of same cup that death in the flesh may continue with procreation...... sin in the world was begotten by disobedience, and continued by the pain of the flesh which is envisaged by wisdom... lol,,,,and man knew how to take care of his kind and he became an indomitable player. really Adam and Eve have as many as unknown numbers of children from whom they are married again by the children to bring back the unit of procreation and live continues...
https://www.nairaland.com/1918328/why-people-say-jesus-died/2#26649405
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by LordReed(m): 5:57pm On Sep 28, 2014
efedua: no,I do for sure.. but ask Ur self how or when was a magnet placed into the earth and also where did the earth came from, after all it reads Genesis1:1 God created the heaven and the earth..... Genesis has an approximate of all that happened

Of course it is brief an concise. There be no end to the story if every single element had to be described.
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 28, 2014
LordReed:

He was like God but yet God cast him out like a dirty rag. How then was he like God? Why didn't he fight and go back in?

Fight back with what? Stones against angels with flaming swords?

1 Like

Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by LordReed(m): 6:06pm On Sep 28, 2014
hifaif:

Fight back with what? Stones against angels with flaming swords?

Haba he was like God na, he could have made his own angels and flaming swords. In fact he have snubbed God with a finger in the nose and said "Frakk you God! I am going to make my own Universe!". Shebi he was like God?
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 28, 2014
hifaif: I don't know if anyone has ever noticed anything while reading this biblical verse:

And the Lord God said, Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil and blessing and calamity; and now, lest he put forth his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.
Gen 3: 22.

From the above passage, we are made to understand that man had no knowledge of good and evil before he ate the forbidden fruit. So why was God so angry?

Man clearly didn't know what he was doing (he couldn't differentiate between good and evil).

If man had no knowledge (of good and evil), how could he have responded to the laws of not eating of the fruit?

How can a man who cannot differentiate between good and evil resist temptation?

How can he tell if what his tempter is saying is good or evil since he cannot differentiate one from the other?

The first man (before he sinned) seems more like a robot to me. So why did God make a big deal out of it?

Tagged:

nora544 , DeepSight, infonubia, macof, Seun,
PAGAN9JA, Rossikk, FOLYKAZE, plaetton ,
musKeeto, rinrin23, marieolae, MrsBreezy, datalossvictim1, Vikky014, Missyhorlah, Creamish, Joagbaje, Gombs, OLAADEGBU, torchwave, kevoh, oduduwaboy, alienvirus, Kay17, bluish, PastorKun, musKeeto, malvis, HumbledbYGrace, pesty100, ProphetUdeme, OlaoChi, emmyskies, 2tex, Gorzy1, Delydex, Macelliot, frosbel, bolaino, alexleo, Ishilove, Elantracey, Liveair, Macelliot, jbird, MizMyColi, Dayvhid, Pr0ton, Tallesty1, uzolexis, logicboy01, youngwarlocks, tpia1, BossTdiamonds, mstic, Dolemite.
atheist,Ɣou are at it again#arms crossed# :X
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 28, 2014
LordReed:

Haba he was like God na, he could have made his own angels and flaming swords. In fact he have snubbed God with a finger in the nose and said "Frakk you God! I am going to make my own Universe!". Shebi he was like God?

You are making it look like I was the one that made up that statement. I gave you a scriptural verse that clearly stated that God said that man had become like one of them.

1 Like

Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 28, 2014
missyhorlah: atheist,Ɣou are at it again#arms crossed# :X

grin welcome to the thread, Missy.

1 Like

Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 28, 2014
LordReed:

Of course it is brief an concise. There be no end to the story if every single element had to be described.
yeah
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by LordReed(m): 6:28pm On Sep 28, 2014
hifaif:

You are making it look like I was the one that made up that statement. I gave you a scriptural verse that clearly stated that God said that man had become like one of them.

Okay you can make statements like man was not supposed to be in the garden but cloak yourself with the defense of "scripture said not me" when it suits you. LoL! Just so amazing how people play themselves ojoro.

1 Like

Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by pacretus(m): 6:57pm On Sep 28, 2014
hifaif:

So what really was the good and evil referenced in that passage. The bible said 'knowledge of good and evil' what sort of good and evil was mentioned here?
God is good ...devil is evil.
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by Pr0ton: 7:09pm On Sep 28, 2014
Here is what we got

Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by pacretus(m): 7:15pm On Sep 28, 2014
GOD said let us make man in our own image according to our likeness....in another place He says"man has become like one of us"
God made man to know only good not evil.
wen u advice a child against doing something hurtfull.even if u know the outcome if he dares to disobey he will have tolearn to obey.
God says"my pple perish for lack of knowledge."
God already warned adam against eating of the tree of knowledge of good nd evil. but he
GOD is the only good Good. man only new to do good.but he later sined cos he had no knowledge of evil.but now God knows both good nd evil.He has power to resist evil but h
HE also knew dat man had no strenght to resist evil.
dat is what christ came for, to awaken d spirit of man which died.
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by Pr0ton: 7:28pm On Sep 28, 2014
malvisguy212: God was angry because man disobey his comand

.the first word God say to man is "you shall not eat from the tree of knowlegd of good and evil" if God did not say this,the freewill will not been put to test,the moment God say this word, man has a little idea not do somthing. Now the first word satan say to man..."has God said you shuld not eat from the tree?" what dos this mean? Satan was giving man the idea to disobey God. This was the actual reply the woman reply to the snake genesis3:2"we may eat the fruit of any tree in the garden except the tree from the middle" this mean MAN HAS THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL, THE KNOWLEGE BECAME ACTIVE WHEN MAN DO THE DEED .
Tried not to laugh while reading this but couldn't help it.

And, could you please rethink the bolded?
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by Pr0ton: 7:37pm On Sep 28, 2014
pacretus: GOD said let us make man in our own image according to our likeness....in another place He says"man has become like one of us"
God made man to know only good not evil.
wen u advice a child against doing something hurtfull.even if u know the outcome if he dares to disobey he will have tolearn to obey.
God says"my pple perish for lack of knowledge."
God already warned adam against eating of the tree of knowledge of good nd evil. but he
GOD is the only good Good. man only new to do good.but he later sined cos he had no knowledge of evil.but now God knows both good nd evil.He has power to resist evil but h
HE also knew dat man had no strenght to resist evil.
dat is what christ came for, to awaken d spirit of man which died.

Man knew ONLY good.. You still make no point. Since disobeying God is something evil/bad/not good, man could not have done evil (disobey) all he could do was GOOD, that's all what he knew. But then he sinned, and that takes you back to the first post.
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 28, 2014
LordReed:

Okay you can make statements like man was not supposed to be in the garden but cloak yourself with the defense of "scripture said not me" when it suits you. LoL! Just so amazing how people play themselves ojoro.

Ojoro? How? Are you saying God never said man has become like one of them? That is the only scripture I have used all this while. Don't exaggerate this. I have used only that scripture, nothing else. You have been on about it as though it is not in the Bible.

Man was not supposed to be in the garden was simply a statement to argue against free will existing before the eating of the fruit.

1 Like

Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by krayzieklay(m): 7:50pm On Sep 28, 2014
plaetton:

Wrong sir.
Children are fearful of everything right from birth, and do not need to understand something before they fear it.
Even adults fear what they do not fully understand, talkless of infants.

To say that eve knew what death was is quite laughable.
Pray tell, what experience did she have of death before then?

I can't believe how you are running in circles, contradicting yourself and your bible at every point. shocked

God did lie. It is there before your eyes , but cognitive dissonance won't allow you to face it.
First, if you don't allow your children to know good from bad, then how will they follow your ethical or moral rules, your philosophy? How would they navigate the ocean of life and make good beneficial decisions for themselves and their environment?

So god, obviously wanted them to remain in zombie, semi-conscious state so that they may not see or question his own shortcomings and contradictions. From the tower of babel incident, it is again obvious that god was afraid of the human intellect and it's infinite abilities.

Lie #2. Did Adam die after eating the fruit? No. He lived, he gained knowledge and became self-conscious and self-aware, just like the wise serpent had told him.
Who was the liar and insecure one?

Now, to use death as a threat and the consequence of gaining and being self-aware is quite laughable if one ignores the fact that these were written by stone age people.
Life and death are interwoven and interchangeable. All that live must die. That is something that god himself should very well have known.
Therefore, god couldn't have created life without the expectation and inevitability of death.

If plants and animals die, planets die, stars die, galaxies die, then it is really really dumb for any biological life to dream of eternal life.

The idea of eternal life is an idea only suited for ignorant and s.t.u.pi.d people.

You nailed it man...
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by pacretus(m): 8:40pm On Sep 28, 2014
Pr0ton:

Man knew ONLY good.. You still make no point. Since disobeying God is something evil/bad/not good, man could not have done evil (disobey) all he could do was GOOD, that's all what he knew. But then he sinned, and that takes you back to the first post.
waoo.suprised at u man..but i'll just try nd leave the holyspirit to do d rest.
hmmm.friend God made man not a robot but a free agent.he told man to control (have dominion) over His creation(all creatures). the bible made us to understand dat God came to adam in d cool od the day.God left adam to himself, he had freedom like a creature in its ecological niche.he was the god over Gods creatutes he even named the animals.God tot adam wasn't gonna disobey,so He was grievously angered by mans disobedience.
though man only to do good,the devil(serpent) lured him into it.so thier was a third party influence there.
when u read the full account of what happened the devil had to get eve before he got adam.
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by pacretus(m): 8:49pm On Sep 28, 2014
in conlcusion ,i end all this argument wit this qoute from the bible."bad character corrupts good manners."
adam was made to know only good.but he was decieved by the devil.(D+Evil=devil).so adam good character or moral got corrupted by bad character d devil..but i love the bible is realy interestine.hmm.
case closed.all rise.COURTUU.
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by pacretus(m): 8:50pm On Sep 28, 2014
in conlcusion ,i end all this argument wit this qoute from the bible."bad character corrupts good manners."
adam was made to know only good.but he was decieved by the devil.(D+Evil=devil).so adam good character or moral got corrupted by bad character d devil..but i love the bible is realy interestine.hmm.
case closed.all rise.COURTUU. ;Din conlcusion ,i end all this argument wit this qoute from the bible."bad character corrupts good manners."
case closed.all rise.COURTUU.
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by LordReed(m): 8:53pm On Sep 28, 2014
hifaif:

Ojoro? How? Are you saying God never said man has become like one of them? That is the only scripture I have used all this while. Don't exaggerate this. I have used only that scripture, nothing else. You have been on about it as though it is not in the Bible.

Man was not supposed to be in the garden was simply a statement to argue against free will existing before the eating of the fruit.

Yes my saying man should have damned God and made his own universe was also to carry forth the argument. Ah you want to dodge under "but it is not me that said it it is scripture". If you are confident you know what it means why don't you answer?
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by Vikky014(f): 9:39pm On Sep 28, 2014
i came late o.was busy
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 28, 2014
pacretus:
hmmm.friend God made man not a robot but a free agent.he told man to control (have dominion) over His creation(all creatures). the bible made us to understand dat God came to adam in d cool od the day.God left adam to himself, he had freedom like a creature in its ecological niche.he was the god over Gods creatutes he even named the animals.God tot adam wasn't gonna disobey,so He was grievously angered by mans disobedience.
though man only to do good,the devil(serpent) lured him into it.so thier was a third party influence there.
when u read the full account of what happened the devil had to get eve before he got adam.
u are only speaking with the sense of reasoning why not come to revelation....... u are not God,,,,,,,, if God would have man leaving through out in the garden of Eden he would have be an helper for him at the point of his temptation...... I can't tell u that man was like a robot because he wasn't, but if u want to say God confer much interest and tot Adam will not disobey I am out, even procreation which was mentioned after their creation isn't made to succeed in the garden of Eden
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 28, 2014
LordReed:

Yes my saying man should have damned God and made his own universe was also to carry forth the argument. Ah you want to dodge under "but it is not me that said it it is scripture". If you are confident you know what it means why don't you answer?

Brb, please.My battery is flat.

1 Like

Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 28, 2014
LordReed:

If I say I understand you, I would be telling you a big lie.

The argument was for/or against free will before the eating of the forbidden fruit. I said he couldn't have exercised free will because there were no choices independent of God's coercion. There was only a command choice 'thou shall not eat.. if you do, thou shall surely die' That was a command choice and not free will.

So what really is your own argument. You said man exercised free will even before he ate the fruit and after that, you went around making rhetorics. What is your argument in support of free will before the fruit was eaten?

1 Like

Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by malvisguy212: 7:26am On Sep 29, 2014
plaetton:

What rubbish is this?
Man had the knowledge of good and evil before he ate the fruit, even though god admonished man not to eat from the the tree lest he should know good and evil? shocked

I love it when you guys reinterpret to contradict.
grin
i gave you the verse that say man know the comand God gave before he ate the fruit genesis 3:2 . I did not add or remove anythin.
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by malvisguy212: 7:30am On Sep 29, 2014
hifaif:

Their eyes opened when they ate the fruit. Their eyes opening symbolizes the loss of innocence and the beginning of guilt and shame. Before this, they felt and had no shame and no guilt because they couldn't recognize wrongs from right
satan only put the idea into there head,but when the ate the fruit,the deed were done then there eyes were open.
Re: Any Christian To Help Explain This? by Pr0ton: 7:50am On Sep 29, 2014
pacretus:
hmmm.friend God made man not a robot but a free agent.he told man to control (have dominion) over His creation(all creatures). the bible made us to understand dat God came to adam in d cool od the day.God left adam to himself, he had freedom like a creature in its ecological niche.he was the god over Gods creatutes he even named the animals. God tot adam wasn't gonna disobey ,so He was grievously angered by mans disobedience.

What's omniscience?

God should had known that the freewill would be destructive, and he shouldn't have given us this freewill if TRULY He's not willingly that any should perish...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

True PROOF Of God's Existence For The DOUBTING Atheist. / Aliens Are DEMONS. Everything Technological Is A BAIT!!! / Hindu Talisman Spiritual Powers And Protections For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.