Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,220 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

The Best Men Are Often Too Shy To Chase Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Best Men Are Often Too Shy To Chase Women (1112 Views)

He Is Too Shy / One Thing You Need To Do That Will Make A Girl To Chase You / When A Man You Love Is Too Shy To Woo You, What Do You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Men Are Often Too Shy To Chase Women by PromiseAndre: 7:10pm On Sep 29, 2014
It's true that it is easier to play hard-to-get with some people than it is with others. However, we tend to attract people who bring with them what we need to grow. A man or woman's "shortcomings" can teach us a lot about what we have within ourselves and may not otherwise be able to see.

I am a strong believe in "It's better to work with what you're given than try to find what you don't know exists". The beauty of this is that it allows one to step up to any challenge with open eyes, and grow in wisdom and power.
 Over the years, I've identified two types of shy people; those who give in too easily because they are afraid that if they hold out, the chance will be lost forever and those who hold out tightly because they don't want people putting pressure on them to do things they are not yet ready to do. Both types have one thing in common and that is preoccupation with the kind of impression they are making -- Do they like me? Do I look good? Do I sound stupid? I'm I doing it the right way?

Shyness can be so cute -- at least to me. I'd rather be in the company of a shy man or woman than a loud-mouthed overly aggressive smooth-talking person any time. I find men and women who think they are God's gift to mankind shallow and so exhausting mentally, emotionally and spiritually. On the other hand I find that many shy people have a depth to them that's very refreshing and intriguing almost to the point of being mysterious. This may be because they spend so much time in self-evaluation and are very introspective.

That's just one side to shyness. Shyness can also be really annoying and a major turn off because of a shy person's self-preoccupation with making the right kind of impression. This often interferes with shy people's self-expression making it not so much fun to play the "Catch Me" game with them. They are the only ones hiding and you are the one doing the seeking most of the time. That's so awfully one-sided.

There is no easy way to heal shyness in another person, but if you're really interested in that person, then you have to work on reducing the anticipation of failure or rejection that shy people dread.

Even when they feel inner warmth and enthusiasm, it is not easy for shy and over self-conscious people to show it. The over concern with the kind of impression they are making makes it difficult for them to be spontaneous, or to take the initiative. To get moving, they need someone to light a fire under them.
This is where you come in. Don't' expect them to initiate contact, you do it (Playing Hard-To- Get The Love Way Strategy.)

1 - *Initiate The Chase* The only difference when dealing with a shy person is that, in the beginning it's up to you show more interest and create lots of "open doors" that will make him or her feel that it's "okay" to come out of his or her shell.
2- *showing interest* Is not the same thing as coming on too strong and overwhelming the other person with attention and affection. Even shy people don't like people who are "too much."

You have to keep giving him/her verbal and non verbal signs that you are interested-- almost all the time. You have to be persistent in keeping him/her emotionally engaged: ask for his/her advice, encourage his/her feedback and ideas, and sincerely compliment him/her on small things like his/her dress style, voice tone, patience when you are late etc. With a much more confidence and assertive person "I am sorry I am late" will do but go the extra mile for someone who needs more reassurance. Just don't mistake compliments with false flattery.

Challenge him/her come out of his/her shell every chance you get. For example instead of dinner and a movie, arrange for both of you to volunteer for a cause he/she strongly believes (most shy people have at least one or two things they passionately believe in). Having fun together in a non-threatening setting helps both of you get the relationship off the ground. When you spend your leisure hours together working on projects, doing practical tasks or being of service, what you're really doing is giving yourselves the chance to balance your interests.

To do this successfully, you need to adjust your own energy and find the right balance between self-assertion and compromise. This will make neither person feel is dominated by the other. This should not be very hard as Playing Hard-To-Get The Love Way is all about the right balance between self-assertion and compromise.

Knowing that someone is thinking of them first and actually allowing them to express who they are without worrying about the impression they are making makes shy people feel appreciated. You'll both be surprised at how quickly a shy person warms up and takes up the role of the initiator. He/she may in fact have a natural tendency to take the lead because shy people to analyze stuff deeply and always have so many new ideas going on inside.

If you consider the situation impossible, and just complain about his/her shyness and self-consciousness instead of trying to work with it, you will miss out on a relationship with great potential. But if you work with his/her shyness -- not try to change him/her but actually working with it -- you create a new entity that is not either one of you, but a new "being" that you create together, and which is greater than the sum of its parts. This is the relationship itself. *my first post ever on here,I hope it do worth it* -am shy thu
(It's way too short i know)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Best Men Are Often Too Shy To Chase Women by philantoxx(m): 7:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
aite
Re: The Best Men Are Often Too Shy To Chase Women by bhaliz44(m): 7:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
chai which day person go read dis epistle finishcry
Re: The Best Men Are Often Too Shy To Chase Women by Noneroone(m): 7:38pm On Sep 29, 2014
promiseAndre: *my first post ever on
here,I hope it do worth it* -am shy thu
(It's way too short i know)
This long piece!
Nice anyway.

Re: The Best Men Are Often Too Shy To Chase Women by fuckshit: 7:51pm On Sep 29, 2014
FÜCKING good one grin grin
Re: The Best Men Are Often Too Shy To Chase Women by MisterLongman(m): 8:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
[Ii]You making it look as if shy people are dumb[/i]
Re: The Best Men Are Often Too Shy To Chase Women by iceberylin(m): 8:29pm On Sep 29, 2014
ÁM ÁĹŴÁŶŚ ŚĤŶ cry
Re: The Best Men Are Often Too Shy To Chase Women by jacabi(m): 8:30pm On Sep 29, 2014
@Op, I don't know what to say again, you have said it all.
Re: The Best Men Are Often Too Shy To Chase Women by willi926(m): 9:03pm On Sep 29, 2014
Am so shy, that i as am typin i hv erasd what am abt 2 type for like an uncountable time.
Re: The Best Men Are Often Too Shy To Chase Women by djeezy(m): 9:05pm On Sep 29, 2014
iceberylin: ÁM ÁĹŴÁŶŚ ŚĤŶ cry
and you're on every thread. Nl gives you balls I guess.
Re: The Best Men Are Often Too Shy To Chase Women by iceberylin(m): 9:09pm On Sep 29, 2014
djeezy: and you're on every thread. Nl gives you ĤÚĞĔ balls I guess.

Fixed wink

2 Likes

Re: The Best Men Are Often Too Shy To Chase Women by Hopez456(m): 9:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
That's a nice one @Op, Your post to a large extent described Shy and introverted folks like me.
Re: The Best Men Are Often Too Shy To Chase Women by Hopez456(m): 9:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
That's a nice one @Op, Your post to a large extent described Shy and introverted folks like me.
Re: The Best Men Are Often Too Shy To Chase Women by Aklofs: 10:07pm On Sep 29, 2014
i'm
Re: The Best Men Are Often Too Shy To Chase Women by Aklofs: 10:09pm On Sep 29, 2014
willi926: Am so shy, that i as am typin i hv erasd what am abt 2 type for like an uncountable time.
i'm.
wots up wit people nd am-i'm
Re: The Best Men Are Often Too Shy To Chase Women by amakufrancis(m): 2:03am On Sep 30, 2014
i fall into these category.
Re: The Best Men Are Often Too Shy To Chase Women by Nobody: 4:36am On Sep 30, 2014
You aint alone !! Though I aint shy but too reserved !!
Re: The Best Men Are Often Too Shy To Chase Women by Nobody: 4:44am On Sep 30, 2014
djeezy: and you're on every thread. Nl gives you balls I guess.
Attimes it is not the forum but the ability to speak to your interests through meeting varieties of people who create varieties of threads !!

(1) (Reply)

Husbands And Boyfriends: The Difference. / Why Wealthy Older Women Are Hiring Men In Kenya For Romance / 10 Stupid Things Ladies Do To Mess Up Their Lives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.