Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

I’m Not Expecting Anything From Govt - Pa Taiwo Akinkunmi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not Expecting Anything From Govt - Pa Taiwo Akinkunmi (3020 Views)

Fuel Crisis: Marketers Deny Receiving Payment From Govt, Say Strike Continues / Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward / My Son’s Resignation From Govt Shocking -oba Of Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Not Expecting Anything From Govt - Pa Taiwo Akinkunmi by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 30, 2014
RockMaxi:

Guy choose your words but choose it wisely. shocked
or?
Re: I’m Not Expecting Anything From Govt - Pa Taiwo Akinkunmi by ShehuAba(m): 7:52am On Sep 30, 2014
Hmm Na Wa ooo.
N100,000 in the 60's, that's a lot of money.
Though he truly deserves the national award, but again the motive behind Jonathan making him a special adviser for life, is to me political.
To think that he didn't design the flag on his own, it was a competition and he was rewarded handsomely. He was a civil servant and he received/ still receiving his dues.
What else does the govt owe him.
Now, what of the brain behind the national anthem, what has been done for him too.
Re: I’m Not Expecting Anything From Govt - Pa Taiwo Akinkunmi by ShehuAba(m): 8:01am On Sep 30, 2014
Symphony007: what else does government owe him? Seriously, but the same government maintains a mansion in abuja and their home state for thieving billionaire former heads of states, changed 5 cars regularly for them, give them furnishing allowance quarterly, a sizable pension and hundreds of other allowance, healthcare, govt covers all their travel expenses. We owe these scum all this but nothing to an honest patriot.

Sir, I understand where you are coming from, and nobody supports the fact that government is aiding corruption, and rewarding politicians for no just reason.
But things must be placed in its proper perspective. It was a competition and he was rewarded then for winning it (Case closed). Nothing more, Nothing less.
The man is a retired civil servant and he received/ receiving his dues appropriately.
IMHO, he truly deserves the national award but placing him on a salary scale forever. Hmm it's really somehow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Expecting Anything From Govt - Pa Taiwo Akinkunmi by Orikinla(m): 9:52am On Sep 30, 2014
barcanista: It is so annoying to see government wasting our common wealth in the name of being a nice daddy over trivial issues when there are important sectors to attend to. We keep having visionless leaders

[size=18pt]I posted this article, because PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN IS ONLY PLAYING ON THE INTELLIGENCE OF GULLIBLE NIGERIANS TO USE HIS HONOURING THIS COMFORTABLE MAN AS A CHEAP POLITICAL GIMMICK.
THE MAN EVEN HAS CHILDREN OVERSEAS.
SO, THE MAN HAS NEVER BEEN SUFFERING AND WAS NEVER NEGLECTED.[/size]
[size=20pt]
There are insinuations that you’ve been abandoned by the government. Is this true?

I don’t know what to say actually (Paused again). I have not been lacking anything.

What more favour do you want from government?

I don’t want any favour from government. I am not expecting anything from them.[/size]
Re: I’m Not Expecting Anything From Govt - Pa Taiwo Akinkunmi by Orikinla(m): 9:55am On Sep 30, 2014
ShehuAba:

Sir, I understand where you are coming from, and nobody supports the fact that government is aiding corruption, and rewarding politicians for no just reason.
But things must be placed in its proper perspective. It was a competition and he was rewarded then for winning it (Case closed). Nothing more, Nothing less.
The man is a retired civil servant and he received/ receiving his dues appropriately.
IMHO, he truly deserves the national award but placing him on a salary scale forever. Hmm it's really somehow.

[size=28pt]GEJ and his desperate jobbers are looking for cheap political points to fool millions of Yorubas to vote for his re-election in 2015.[/size]
Re: I’m Not Expecting Anything From Govt - Pa Taiwo Akinkunmi by Orikinla(m): 9:57am On Sep 30, 2014
ShehuAba: Hmm Na Wa ooo.
N100,000 in the 60's, that's a lot of money.
Though he truly deserves the national award, but again the motive behind Jonathan making him a special adviser for life, is to me political.
To think that he didn't design the flag on his own, it was a competition and he was rewarded handsomely. He was a civil servant and he received/ still receiving his dues.
What else does the govt owe him.
Now, what of the brain behind the national anthem, what has been done for him too.

[size=18pt]The composers of the National Anthem deserve even more.
Whether alive or note, their descendants should be named national advisers and placed on life salaries.[/size]
Re: I’m Not Expecting Anything From Govt - Pa Taiwo Akinkunmi by Sixix: 7:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
Orikinla:

[size=28pt]GEJ and his desperate jobbers are looking for cheap political points to fool millions of Yorubas to vote for his re-election in 2015.[/size]

I am confused, I thought you were pro-GEJ

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan, Sambo, David Mark Meet With Service Chiefs And NSA, New Plans To Rig / We’ll Sabotage, Blackmail And Intimidate APC Govt Like They Did To Us’-Lamido / Proposed Nigeria Nuclear Power Plants- Basic Knowledge & Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.