Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. (11042 Views)

Former COAS Lt Gen KTJ Minimah's Daughter Set To Marry / Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle / Photos Of Gen. Benjamin Adekunle From The Nigerian Civil War (1967-1970) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:36am On Oct 02, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Lagos had international airport too, the corpse didn't just arrive at abuja, rites were done there.
And, the most prominent people came for the grand ceremony at nnewi.
That's where the main thing happened o.
They couldnt take him straight to nnewi to bury, he had to be celebrated in owerri, Aba, awka before nnewi.
Every city was scrambling to host him even in death, same can't be said of adekunle.
If not for nl, most yorubas won't know him.
Outside nl, most yorubas don't even know him too.
Those that know him dont care .Dude was just in the background
Ordinarily, I'm not supposed to be arguing with you, you're not up to a scratch; but I just need to set issues straight. The airport in Lagos State was not chosen because if it had, it would have denied some top government officials including the Senate President from paying their last respect. That was why Abuja airport was chosen.

2 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:37am On Oct 02, 2014
BOAR:

Faun happens to be his and master and God now on NL, he disappear from any thread once the guy appears. grin
Chino aka oneeast3 is a known liar.
Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:48am On Oct 02, 2014
DONGOYARO1:
Adekunle was a career soldier, he fought for his country, he died and he would be given a full military burial with a army formantion in Lagos likely named after him. What was achuzia's achievement militarily? what did the biafra army offer him?
The Biafran Army is no more. MASSOB which improvises declared a sit-at-home protest.
Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by BOAR: 11:52am On Oct 02, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Chino aka oneeast3 is a known liar.

Notice how he has gone silent on this thread at the mention of Faun? grin cheesy
Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by oneeast3: 11:54am On Oct 02, 2014
Orlando, if you can match the pix I posted up there with what you can get in Adekunle's burial then I will leave this matter..not until you can match the feat!

2 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:56am On Oct 02, 2014
DONGOYARO1: Adekunle was never a head of state but ojuku was a head of state biafra and a military administrator of eastern region.

You should compare ojuku with the likes of Gowon, Obasanjo, Hassan Katsina, Mobolaji Johnson etc but we all know that these people are way above ojuku.
As far as the military is concerned Adekunle (a brig. - gen.) was the senior of Ojukwu (a lt. - col.). The position of a military governor does not place him above his seniors in the barracks. If a lt. - col. that is also a governors meets a brigadier even in his state, he must salute him. That is the tradition.
Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by oneeast3: 11:58am On Oct 02, 2014
Orlando do you know what it means to be the first Nigerian graduate to be enlisted in the Nigerian army? cheesy

Not ordinary graduate but an Oxford product.. cheesy

I will leave this thread for now so you can think deep about the above statement.. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:02pm On Oct 02, 2014
BOAR:

Notice how he has gone silent on this thread at the mention of Faun? grin cheesy
Even his Ndigbo find his lies too obvious.
Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
oneeast3: Orlando, if you can match the pix I posted up there with what you can get in Adekunle's burial then I will leave this matter..not until you can match the feat!
Is that all you can say for detecting you posted the photograph of Jonathan and the Ghanaian President, taken at the funeral of Achebe and claiming it was taken during that of Ojukwu. Chino, you don't know how to lie. Faun must see this.

2 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by agabusta: 12:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
How come people that didn't witness the war real time are this bitter?

Wow. I am at loss. A war fought 40 years ago!

1 Like

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by DONGOYARO1: 12:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
Orlandoowoh, thanks for the education. I appreciate it.

Chino aka oneeast3, we know ojuku was a great man according to his ibo people and they love him alot.

In another news Abubakar shekau is still alive !!!

2 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
DONGOYARO1:
Adekunle was a career soldier, he fought for his country, he died and he would be given a full military burial with a army formantion in Lagos likely named after him. What was achuzia's achievement militarily? what did the biafra army offer him?

there is no biafran army again
Achuzia is relatively rich
Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:18pm On Oct 02, 2014
This burial is so low key

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:19pm On Oct 02, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Ordinarily, I'm not supposed to be arguing with you, you're not up to a scratch; but I just need to set issues straight. The airport in Lagos State was not chosen because if it had, it would have denied some top government officials including the Senate President from paying their last respect. That was why Abuja airport was chosen.

Deception

And sambo, pej still came to Enugu again?
Do I get the personalities that attended nnewi burial?

1 Like

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by MrScatter: 12:44pm On Oct 02, 2014
oneeast3: Ibadam I know is a total mess. They should start by building decent homes for its people than building unnecessary non patronized malls in ibadan. Are you proud of the aerial view of the city of ibadan below? If I am to be from ibadan I will not be proud to say am from there. Now I know why 99.9% of yolobass are from Lagos.. cheesy cheesy wink

Chinonso Dike, Are you ready to cry today?

2 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by Omololu007(m): 12:51pm On Oct 02, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku: At Enugu airport

..... remains of late elder statesman and
leader of the defunct Biafra Republic , Dim
Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu was
laid in state yesterday at the Micheal
Okpara square, Enugu, where a mammoth
crowd and top dignitaries gathered to pay
their tributes.
His body had arrived Nigeria on Monday
to a rousing reception where he was given
a full military parade with Army officers in
ceremonial uniform marching in slow
steps bearing the glittering casket at the
Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja.
President Goodluck Jonathan represented
by Vice President Namadi Sambo ; First
Lady, Patience Jonathan; Chief of Army
Staff, Lt. General Azubuike Ihejirika and
Governor Babangida Aliyu of Niger State,
are some of the dignitaries who showered
tributes on the late statesman at the
military parade. The casket was draped in
green-white-green national colours and
placed on top of it was a pair of service
shoes, a sword and a cap.
Professor Wole Soyinka, Jerry Rawlings ,
former President of Ghana, and several
state governors, Senators, traditional and
religious leaders were among the
dignitaries who paid their respects to him
yesterday. The high concentration of
government luminaries and dignitaries at
the event showed that there was great
respect from the nation
http://www.bellanaija.com/2012/03/02/ojukwu-goes-home-tributes-rousing-farewell-for-the-late-biafran-leader-photos/
list d names of d several state governor and senator dat were present,and dont dare mention igbo governors and senators
Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by MrScatter: 12:51pm On Oct 02, 2014
Chimax15: undecided ur first post here is about me why? undecided

Promise, Just hailing you broda. cool

1 Like

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by Omololu007(m): 12:53pm On Oct 02, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Avhuzia is far richer than adekunle was
were is avhuzia house located in nigeria,and wot are d business he is involv in,for u to b screamin he is ar richer dan d nightmare if u igbos
Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by Omololu007(m): 12:57pm On Oct 02, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Ojukwu was dismissed for being a rebel. It was recently during Obasanjo's tenure that he was pardoned and his gratuity given to him. Militarily Ojukwu was nowhere near Adekunle was a retired brig.-gen. while Ojukwu was lt.-gen. Adekunle fought for the unity of Nigeria while Ojukwu fought for its disintegration. Who deserves to be more honoured by Nigeria?
u made a mistake,,ojukwu was a lieutenant colonel.

1 Like

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by kelitacliff(m): 1:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ghost01: He served his fatherland with his life on the line, it is right for his fatherland to honour him. It's like they say, "give honour to whom honour is due."
Nigeria a country filled with hypocrites,a man they forced out of the army and allowed to wallow in drunkeness for 40yrs.He was sick but was ignored,he went so many times to aso rock during obj's tenure to no avail.He is dead, now they remember he is a hero what a country.AS MUCH AS I DON'T FEEL FOR HIM,I MUST ADMIT HE IS A HERO

4 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by oneeast3: 1:37pm On Oct 02, 2014
Orlando how far? cheesy
Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
MrScatter:

Promise, Just hailing you broda. cool
dem send u ni? y u want blow my cover..?

ejooor oooo

1 Like

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by MrScatter: 1:40pm On Oct 02, 2014
Chimax15: dem send u ni? y u want blow my cover..?

ejooor oooo

My broda, Just hailing you. You are safe. cool cool

1 Like

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:14pm On Oct 02, 2014
Omololu007: u made a mistake,,ojukwu was a lieutenant colonel.
Thanks. I'll correct it.
Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
oneeast3: Orlando how far? cheesy
Mention my name, OrlandoOwoh in full, not just Orlando, so that I can see it and reply you. You are liar. The Ghanaian President was not at Ojukwu's funeral.
Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by drake22: 2:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
Only a fool will compare this burial to Ojukwus.
US recognise Ojukwu burial by sendin an envoy that consist of US ambassador, Obama adviser etc, many countries.

4 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:40pm On Oct 02, 2014
Omololu007: list d names of d several state governor and senator dat were present,and dont dare mention igbo governors and senators

we will see the Yoruba ones that will visit ade.
Soyinka visited Enugu because of ojukwu, let's see which Igbo is visiting him from another state. Lol
Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:42pm On Oct 02, 2014
kelitacliff: Nigeria a country filled with hypocrites,a man they forced out of the army and allowed to wallow in drunkeness for 40yrs.He was sick but was ignored,he went so many times to aso rock during obj's tenure to no avail.He is dead, now they remember he is a hero what a country.AS MUCH AS I DON'T FEEL FOR HIM,I MUST ADMIT HE IS A HERO

This neglect is what some people tried to cover up.
Imagine somebody thinking achuzia is wretched . Lol.
Anyway, rip to him
Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 02, 2014
MrScatter:

My broda, Just hailing you. You are safe. cool cool
coolcool cool
Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by Balkan(m): 3:33pm On Oct 03, 2014
@Mod. You have deleted a thread I created to give it back to your
people on how the used and bragged about Adenkule Killing Igbo women and Children.
this topic running now was created by your brother Olandoowoh and you did find anything wrong with this thread.

Yorubas cannot win any war with the Igbos be it in reality or in dreams. you can only manipulate things on NL.
I hate e-war but when you keep threads only to spite IGBOS I must react to it. so many hate thread created here against
the Igbos always make front page.

[size=16pt]Just I that asked how the burial of Adekunle was going as your brothers bragged about it you rushed to delete the thread.
[/size]
ONE NIGERIA

2 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:04pm On Oct 03, 2014
Balkan: @Mod. You have deleted a thread I created to give it back to your
people on how the used and bragged about Adenkule Killing Igbo women and Children.
this topic running now was created by your brother Olandoowoh and you did find anything wrong with this thread.

Yorubas cannot win any war with the Igbos be it in reality or in dreams. you can only manipulate things on NL.
I hate e-war but when you keep threads only to spite IGBOS I must react to it. so many hate thread created here against
the Igbos always make front page.

[size=16pt]Just I that asked how the burial of Adekunle was going as your brothers bragged about it you rushed to delete the thread.
[/size]
ONE NIGERIA
Onye ti gi ife?
Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2014
I went to Defence Headquarters today to meet my former Boss.

I saw posters of The Generals's burial everywhere, I couldn't take a pic because I was in haste. Though they asked for my phones, I only gave them one and hid the second one but I went straight to meet my Boss and we went out together.

I pray God forgives him his sins.

May His Soul Rest In Peace.

Amen.

Cheers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EFCC Hunts For FIRS Boss Fowler As Aide Exposes Fowler’s Car Gift To Girlfriend! / EndSARS: House Of Reps To Honour, Compensate Victims Of Police Brutality / Lawmakers To Replace FCT Minister With A Mayor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.