Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. (11043 Views)

Former COAS Lt Gen KTJ Minimah's Daughter Set To Marry / Eulogies As Military Bury Benjamin Adekunle / Photos Of Gen. Benjamin Adekunle From The Nigerian Civil War (1967-1970) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by Omololu007(m): 8:07am On Oct 02, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Stop shifting grounds because o don't even want to shift grounds yet, have you agreed that ojukwi lived in opulence and died, all wrapped in care while the other was dismissed and left to be in penury?
After that, we will talk about elections. lol
u havent shown me any source so i cant agree wit u,u cant jst b beggin me he is beggin,witout showin me source,so i can read it mysef.....but everyone knows a fulani and a yoruba man,defeated d gburugburu in d south east,wen a fulani man defeated d gburugburu,a man from d south south was even d vice presidential,i would hav understand if a man from d east was d vice president.
Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by oneeast3: 8:08am On Oct 02, 2014
Ibadam I know is a total mess. They should start by building decent homes for its people than building unnecessary non patronized malls in ibadan. Are you proud of the aerial view of the city of ibadan below? If I am to be from ibadan I will not be proud to say am from there. Now I know why 99.9% of yolobass are from Lagos.. cheesy cheesy wink

Omololu007: go to ibadan and see it for ursef now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:11am On Oct 02, 2014
Omololu007: u havent shown me any source so i cant agree wit u,u cant jst b beggin me he is beggin,witout showin me source,so i can read it mysef.....but everyone knows a fulani and a yoruba man,defeated d gburugburu in d south east,wen a fulani man defeated d gburugburu,a man from d south south was even d vice presidential,i would hav understand if a man from d east was d vice president.

Why did you abandon adekunle? He died poor.
Read the interviews.
He fought for oil and got none!
Chai

1 Like

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:12am On Oct 02, 2014
oneeast3: Adekunle was a dismissed army officer without entitlement, so there is no way he will be given a state burial. The guy was allowed to die in poverty. Its a shame to both FG for abandoning such a man they used and dumped.. cheesy

FG may just send one special adviser to go there and show face..that will be all.
Chino, you may choose to perpetually remain dumb. It is on record that Adekunle got compulsory retirement, not dismissal from the Nigerian Army. If he was dismissed the COAS wouldn't have addressed him as a retired Brigadier General (a rank higher than the lt. Col rank of Ojukwu, whom Adekunle named his goat after) and saying his lying in state will be in a formation of the Nigerian Army. By tomorrow you will realize what a state burial is, not the military burial given to Ojukwu. When Yakowa died in Yenagoa he was given the same military respect as Ojukwu down to Kaduna State.
When a person is dismissed he will be barred from using any military title. Samuel Ogbemudia that was dismissed by Murtala Muhammed till date doesn't use any military title, but just Dr. Elechi Amadi who resigned about 50 years ago is sometimes still referred to as a Captain.
Compulsory retirement is common in the army. When an officer becomes a head of state through a coup, he gives his seniors compulsory retirement, not dismissal.

4 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:16am On Oct 02, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Enugu has other shoprite like brands nah
The number of Shoprit in Ibadan, not the whole of Oyo State, not even the whole of the South West; is more than all in the entire South East.

2 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by oneeast3: 8:16am On Oct 02, 2014
Forget all the long grammar and show us links to his entitlements and how he retired.. wink

OrlandoOwoh:
Chino, you may choose to perpetually remain dumb. It is on record that Adekunle got compulsory retirement, not dismissal from the Nigerian Army. If he was dismissed the COAS wouldn't have addressed him as a retired Brigadier General (a rank higher that the lt. Col rank of Ojukwu, whom Adekunle named his goat after) and saying his lying in state will be in a formation of the Nigerian Army. By tomorrow you will realize what a state burial is, not the military burial given to Ojukwu. When Yakowa died in Yenagoa he was given the same military respect as Ojukwu down to Kaduna State.
When a person is dismissed he will be barred from using any military title. Samuel Ogbemudia that was dismissed by Murtala Muhammed till date doesn't any military title, but jus Dr. Elechi Amadi who resigned about 50 years ago is sometimes still referred to as a Captain.
Compulsory retirement is common is the army. When an officer becomes a head of state through a coup, he gives his seniors compulsory retirement, not dismissal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:18am On Oct 02, 2014
oneeast3: Forget all the long grammar and show us links to his entitlements and how he retired.. wink

Gu ihe mu dere ozo.
Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:24am On Oct 02, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
The number of Shoprit in Ibadan, not the whole of Oyo State, not even the whole of the South West; is more than all in the entire South East.

You see your life. shifting posts.
shoprite didn't meet any competition in Ibadan, simple.
Bye

1 Like

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:28am On Oct 02, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

You see your life. shifting posts.
shoprite didn't meet any competition in Ibadan, simple.
Bye
You think I'm a dumb like you?

1 Like

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by Balkan(m): 8:50am On Oct 02, 2014
Omololu007: d govt cared for ojukwu,but u d pple cant vote for him to bcom d president of nigeria,he cant event win ordinary senatorial seat to represent is pple in d senate.
OJUKWU was a hero. the whole world knows that. the government of Nigeria was so scared of Ojukwu that they rigged him out each time he contested election. The fear of Ojukwu was enormous

4 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by ibedun: 8:52am On Oct 02, 2014
oneeast3: Ibadam I know is a total mess. They should start by building decent homes for its people than building unnecessary non patronized malls in ibadan. Are you proud of the aerial view of the city of ibadan below? If I am to be from ibadan I will not be proud to say am from there. Now I know why 99.9% of yolobass are from Lagos.. cheesy cheesy wink

wow! the great vast ancient city of Ibadan- thanks for the pix.

Yorubas everywhere should be proud of all these ancient old cities dotted all over our land. it is an incontrovertible evidence of our glorious past.

You never find such in places like Igbo land where there is no known kingdoms, or indeed any sign of past or recent civilisation empire or kingdom.

Yorubas should neutralise Igbo businesses in our land. Every rich igbo lives and became rich in our rich and honey land.

2 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:01am On Oct 02, 2014
Balkan: OJUKWU was a hero. the whole world knows that. the government of Nigeria was so scared of Ojukwu that they rigged him out each time he contested election. The fear of Ojukwu was enormous
You're funny.
Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by Balkan(m): 9:01am On Oct 02, 2014
If that yoruba murderer gets anything close to this, I will clap for them

4 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by ibedun: 9:04am On Oct 02, 2014
Balkan: OJUKWU was a hero. the whole world knows that. the government of Nigeria was so scared of Ojukwu that they rigged him out each time he contested election. The fear of Ojukwu was enormous

Dreamer! Comedian!

1 Like

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:20am On Oct 02, 2014
Balkan: If that yoruba murderer gets anything close to this, I will clap for them
Why don't you wait till tomorrow.
Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by oneeast3: 9:31am On Oct 02, 2014
Even the president of Nigeria and that of Ghana graced Ojukwu's burial. I am sure this is the greatest burial ceremony since the great Zik's..

If Adekunle's burial see Anyim then he is lucky..

Balkan: If that yoruba murderer gets anything close to this, I will clap for them

8 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by BOAR: 9:37am On Oct 02, 2014

Why do you like this constant dicck measuring contest, obviously you suffer from a profound complex problem and you need to constantly reassure yourself that you are a human being.

You compare every place to your Ibo land and everybody to Ojukwu, are you people normal?

3 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by BOAR: 9:44am On Oct 02, 2014
oneeast3: Even the president of Nigeria and that of Ghana graced Ojukwu's burial. I am sure this is the greatest burial ceremony since the great Zik's..

Anyim is a Biafran, he is not needed. We want only real Nigerians in truth to grace the burial.

2 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by Omololu007(m): 9:46am On Oct 02, 2014
stop to dey giv us bobo,the whole world knows ojukwu yet no world leader pay dia last respect to him,or even went to his burial ceremony,only igbos corrupt leader giv a dam abt ojukwu...d excuse u gav up dia dat d election was rigged,is a very stupid excuse,and it holds no water,,,,,dia is no way 90% of d igobs dat are eligible to vote,will vot ojukwu,and it will b rigged,is not possible...he couldnt even win in his senatorial district to represent his pple in d senate,even if i agree d presidential election is rigged,,i wont agree wit u dat it was also rigged wen e contested to b a senator,,igbos only sopot ojukwu on paper
Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:46am On Oct 02, 2014
oneeast3: Even the president of Nigeria and that of Ghana graced Ojukwu's burial. I am sure this is the greatest burial ceremony since the great Zik's..

When has the charade of a state burial given to Ojukwu (which was actually granted by Jonathan to get Ndigbo votes in 2011) become a yardstick? Go watch the funerals of Obafemi Awolowo (who was not even a past president) and Murtala Muhammed, you will know what a state burial is.

2 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by oneeast3: 9:50am On Oct 02, 2014
Anyim is going as the SGF.. cheesy

I am not saying that the burial will get the attention of the SGF, I mean that if they see SGF then they are lucky because even GEJ will be too busy than going for a burial of a dismissed officer that was allowed to die without care..

BOAR:

Anyim is a Biafran, he is not needed. We want only real Nigerians in truth to grace the burial.

5 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:51am On Oct 02, 2014
Omololu007: stop to dey giv us bobo,the whole world knows ojukwu yet no world leader pay dia last respect to him,or even went to his burial ceremony,only igbos corrupt leader giv a dam abt ojukwu...d excuse u gav up dia dat d election was rigged,is a very stupid excuse,and it holds no water,,,,,dia is no way 90% of d igobs dat are eligible to vote,will vot ojukwu,and it will b rigged,is not possible...he couldnt even win in his senatorial district to represent his pple in d senate,even if i agree d presidential election is rigged,,i wont agree wit u dat it was also rigged wen e contested to b a senator,,igbos only sopot ojukwu on paper
JJ Rawlings that was there was not even a serving Head of State. The rest were some red cap-wearing men.
Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by oneeast3: 9:51am On Oct 02, 2014
Nigerian president and his Ghanaian counterpart at Nnewi Anambra State for Ojukwu's burial..the greatest burial after the great Zik! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by Omololu007(m): 9:52am On Oct 02, 2014
oneeast3: Ibadam I know is a total mess. They should start by building decent homes for its people than building unnecessary non patronized malls in ibadan. Are you proud of the aerial view of the city of ibadan below? If I am to be from ibadan I will not be proud to say am from there. Now I know why 99.9% of yolobass are from Lagos.. cheesy cheesy wink

am very shocked a person will b finkin lik u,,show me a city in d world,were we hav no slum,even ur cities in d east,u cant jst b showin me a picture of a very small area,n b sayin it represent ibadan.....u sound so stupid wen u said pple are not patronising d mall,if u know u cant chat witout been emotional,abeg mak u jst free me,shoprite is not been patronise yet,dey hav 2 shoppin mall in ibadan,none of dem hav close down yet,or is it makin sense to u for a mall dat is not makin gain to hav 2 shoppin mall,in d same city...
Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by oneeast3: 9:53am On Oct 02, 2014
Nigerian president paying the last respect to the Ikemba Nnewi at Nnewi..

Can you beat that? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by BOAR: 9:53am On Oct 02, 2014
oneeast3: Anyim is going as the SGF.. cheesy

I am not saying that the burial will get the attention of the SGF, I mean that if they see SGF then they are lucky because even GEJ will be too busy than going for a burial of a dismissed officer that was allowed to die without care..

Fool

The presence of Anyim ( a Biafran) will add no more importance and symbolic gesture of a state burial conducted by his primary constituency, the Nigerian military.

Are you ediots dumb or pretending to be, he was a military man and his officers are going to bury him!

The only people needed there are NIgerians and not fake Nigerians that call themselves Biafrans in their bedrooms.

1 Like

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by oneeast3: 9:54am On Oct 02, 2014
Full military parade at Ikemba's grave side..

Can you beat this?

3 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by oneeast3: 9:55am On Oct 02, 2014
President of Nigeria, Ojukwu's son (Emeka) and Peter Obi..

Can you beat this? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by oneeast3: 9:56am On Oct 02, 2014
Peter Obi, Vice President, Senate President and Deputy Senate President at Nnewi for Ojukwu..

2 Likes

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:59am On Oct 02, 2014
oneeast3: Anyim is going as the SGF.. cheesy

You mean the same SGF that sleeps in public function? We don't need him. Just watch to see the retired army chiefs that will grace the occasion. It will be a garthering of your nightmares.

1 Like

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by oneeast3: 9:59am On Oct 02, 2014
The Gateway to the SE and 8 lanes Super Highway in Onitsha which is arguably one of the biggest and best roads in Nigeria was named after the Ikemba..

Below is the famous Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Super Highway (COOSH) in Onitsha..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burial Arrangements For Benjamin Adekunle - KTJ Minimah, COAS. by oneeast3: 10:04am On Oct 02, 2014
Orlando just wake me up when the Nigerian President, Ghanaian President, Nigerian Vice President, Senate President, Deputy Senate President, Speaker, Deputy Speaker, Army Chiefs etc grace the occasion just like they all did in Ojukwu's burial.

I believe in pictures than turenchi.. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo / Truck Drivers Block Road In Kogi, Protest N10,000 Daily Tax By State Government / Female Suicide Bomber Kills 10 Worshippers In Maiduguri Mosque

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.