Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,708 members, 7,813,339 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

A Way Of Curbing Backwardness In Nigeria-somebody's Opinion. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Way Of Curbing Backwardness In Nigeria-somebody's Opinion. (590 Views)

The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? / Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth / What Caused The Backwardness Of Ekiti State Despite Its Huge Human Resources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Way Of Curbing Backwardness In Nigeria-somebody's Opinion. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 01, 2014
I was told this story today, and I realised it matched perfectly with the status quo of Nigeria. I then decided to share with you peeps and give my opinions and in return, here yours as well. Nuff said.

Nigeria, My Nigeria.....
A story was told, a question was asked...
A woman was asked why she always cuts the head and tail off her sausages before eating em, she said she learnt it from her mum. Her mum was then asked, she repeated what her daughter said (she learnt it from her momma). The grandmomma was asked same question, she answered, this time differently that in her time, they only had miniature plates in their house. So the sausages, bigger than the plates were then cut in order to maintain equilibrium between plate and sausage.

Moral: We have emulated loads of crap from our ancestors. Long story short, For Nigeria to move forward, we have to drop some irrelevant and backward ideas.

Happy independence to our great Nigeria. And to all those who don't deem it necessary to celebrate, the new Nigeria does not need you. Have a great new month famz.
Re: A Way Of Curbing Backwardness In Nigeria-somebody's Opinion. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 01, 2014
Nice idea.
Re: A Way Of Curbing Backwardness In Nigeria-somebody's Opinion. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 01, 2014
Arva: Nice idea.
thanks ma'am.
Re: A Way Of Curbing Backwardness In Nigeria-somebody's Opinion. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
donsalvy: thanks man.
Man ? shocked..do I look like a man.? Hehehe.
Re: A Way Of Curbing Backwardness In Nigeria-somebody's Opinion. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 01, 2014
Arva:
Man ? shocked..do I look like a man.? Hehehe.
modified. wink

1 Like

Re: A Way Of Curbing Backwardness In Nigeria-somebody's Opinion. by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
Exactly!!
Re: A Way Of Curbing Backwardness In Nigeria-somebody's Opinion. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
MrsBreezy: Exactly!!
your siggy could be helpful too.
Re: A Way Of Curbing Backwardness In Nigeria-somebody's Opinion. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 01, 2014
donsalvy: your siggy could be helpful too.

Hahah that's actually talking about romance and love and ish

But sure tongue
Re: A Way Of Curbing Backwardness In Nigeria-somebody's Opinion. by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 01, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Hahah that's actually talking about romance and love and ish

But sure tongue
wink
Re: A Way Of Curbing Backwardness In Nigeria-somebody's Opinion. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 01, 2014
@op I like the statement "New Nigeria" it makes sence.
the things the old naija did would be the least thing the New naija will do. Amen,Ameen.
Re: A Way Of Curbing Backwardness In Nigeria-somebody's Opinion. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 01, 2014
true45: @op I like the statement "New Nigeria" it makes sence.
the things the old naija did would be the least thing the New naija will do. Amen,Ameen.
exactly your moniker smiley

(1) (Reply)

2015: ABU Profs Drum Support For El-rufai / Islamic State Terrorists Execute Another UK Citizen / BOKO HARAM; Who Is The Biggest Casualty?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.