Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? (26226 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. / Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
Marriage, hmmmm. The problem isn't marriage but finding someone worth committing to in the face of rampant immorality, waywardness, selfishness n materialism amongst nowadays youths.

2 Likes

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 02, 2014
Interesting comments.
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Dlivingstone(m): 7:20pm On Oct 02, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]Am not married yet, but am planning to do that as soon as I am convinced that i have met the right person. With prayer,all things are possible. Pray with me ...am not afraid of tomorrow because God is already there.
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by magmama(f): 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2014
For me, marriage is sweet and bitter also.. You enjoy marriage when you as a person can tolerant, and at same time love unconditionally.... Husband/wife will offend you, but make up ur mind to forgive ahead of time...the bonding of marriage is the arrival of the first baby. ....joy untold is ushered into the home.

Again marriage brings discipline..... Men becomes more matured and women becomes more responsible. You now have a home to run and protect.

Don't be scared...marriage is what you make out of it....study your spouse to know what goes for him or her...mutual respect is Paramount...ladies don't turn turn hubby off by your dirty appearance... Always be the girl he married... Don't try too hard to take the girl out of you..

Its well

2 Likes

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by blakky97(m): 8:17pm On Oct 02, 2014
I wan ma-ray, but you see?..........
No baybe!
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by creamylicious(f): 8:20pm On Oct 02, 2014
zboyd:

smh
the same way d society shakes its head when a partner is being cheated on but still advises him/her to stay in marriage because one is automatically 'd cursed one' if divorced... Let's follow d trend
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by meshacha1: 8:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
My advice for those who want to get married is simple... If you are convinced in your heart and in your head that you have met the right person, please go ahead and get married.
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by GoodFaith: 8:24pm On Oct 02, 2014
creamylicious: the same way d society shakes its head when a partner is being cheated on but still advises him/her to stay in marriage because one is automatically 'd cursed one' if divorced... Let's follow d trend
If u are unhappy get a divorce
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 02, 2014
4 me, i jst dnt fancy d idea of getin married, bt will luv 2 hav my own kids. i bliv life will b less complicated dt way.

2 Likes

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by kazmanbanjoko(m): 8:59pm On Oct 02, 2014
It is a sin to be scared of getting married

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by kazmanbanjoko(m): 8:59pm On Oct 02, 2014
It is a sin to be scared of getting married.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Edohsamuel(m): 9:45pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hahaha...... So 4ny jst gt in nd lt d lord hlp u..... Mean while pray hard o
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 02, 2014
EmoBoy: I'm so scared of marriage. I have serious trust issues especially with women. . . Perhaps I better not get married

Emoboy .......... You know something Where there are no oxen,the stable is clean But there is no profit from clean stable....

You have got to dive in mehn,get dirty......
There are slews of honest women out there.....

1 Like

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by omistephen: 10:06pm On Oct 02, 2014
I neva marry I nor dy plan am now my advice b say cross ur mind like those abt to cross libya or Morocco sea
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Bola4mi(f): 10:26pm On Oct 02, 2014
I will tel u marriage is ups and down,sometimes its bitter and sometimes its very sweet,its better to start early so dat u can get use to all the good and the bad side of ur marriage,life itself is ups and down.patient is the key to any succesfull marriage ask ur mummy she wil tel u.he no easy
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by kmoneyman: 11:15pm On Oct 02, 2014
For anyone to be afraid of marriage,means that they have accepted defeat because other peoples marriages failed .But theirs is worse cos theirs was a walkover undecided they never had the courage to try. Give it up for the strong ones who ventured even if they failed at least they are not controlled by other peoples destiny.

1 Like

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 03, 2014
amaprincess: One thing i like about this section is, there are so many matured minds here.
Some said marriage is sweet, beautiful and all that, but even with all the sweet comments couples give about their marriages, we still see high rate of divorce, violence and separation.
In the society today, you see so many matured men and women due for marriage, but there are not given it consideration at all.
so many are scared. others, lost interest due to horrible heart break experiences and so many reasons.
i know marriage is not a do or die affairs, but it looks good and mystery some how. imagine two people with different upbringing, background. coming together to tolerate each other, Iive as one till the end of time, it looks amazing.
Now to those already in their marriage, pls enlighten us.
1. how do you feel being married? do you feel chain/tied down by one person for the rest of your life, or how do you see it?
2. what are the things that happen in marriage that change everything forever. like sins that cant be forgiven. its common with men once a women cheats, its unforgivable. although i dont support cheating either.
3. what words of advice can you give a young man/lady who desire marriage but scared. based on what you are experiencing now either positive or negative. what can you tell someone who is afraid of entering into marriage, so he/she don't fail (divorce).
pls honest contributions pls
Thank you.

I have being married for three years now and I am honestly enjoying marriage. i have the following advice to give:

1. marriage is like a building supported by 5 pillars...if these pillars are kept in good condition, the marriage will be healthy, but being as it may, you don't always have all the pillars in good condition most times, just do your best, and leave the rest for God to handle. Well out of these five pillars we have the major pillars and the minor pillars.

A. Finances (major): Money answereth all things...especially in marriage because in marriage, your needs grow, for example, when you first got married, its you and your partner, but soon children will join, if you started with one room and a parlor you will have to move to two bedroom flat and the money will be higher, soon those children will start school, you will soon need more than one car and so on and so forth...there is no romance with finance, they say. Couples must device a means of making, managing, monitoring and multiplying their finances and marital cashflow issues at much as possible to avoid a crack in this pillar.

B. Communication and character discovery (Major): many lovers don't understand that courtship and marriage are not the same thing, while you are dating you power up LOVE, but when you are married, you power up COMMITMENT to one another. this can only be achieved by constant communication and coping with the new discoveries in the character of your partner. Truth is, the moment you guys stop talking about how you feel, your pains and your pleasures, the marriage starts dying. that is why a listening ear is a good quality in marriage. In marriage, no problem is small when there is no communication and no problem is too big to handle if there is smooth and healthy communication between partners.

C. Family, traditions and culture (minor): A lot of marriages break up because they major in this pillar which is supposed to be a minor pillar. When you start to allow extended family members pork-nose into the affairs of your marriage, that is like deliberately introducing a trojan into your database, you are crippling your marriage gradually, partners most understand that traditions and cultures are different which is a major factor in the upbringing of an individual which affects thier behavoiur, perspective and their response to pain and pleasure. Unfortunately, you have to discover your partner's behaviour over time, in fact over years to be truthful. so it is expedient that you understand that tradition and culture should not stand in the way of your Love and commitment to your partner.

D. Emotions and SEX life (minor): Many times, people get into marraige simply because they are so eager to have sex constantly with a particular person, only to be surprised that sex alone should not be your reason for getting into marriage. Now this pillar simply deals with knowledge. If you are ignorant about emotions and the damage it can do if not checked, your marriage will suffer a looootttttttt!! why? because half of the time, you will be making emotional decisions than objective decisions. you have to study emotional intelligence and its merits to marriages. secondly, if there is a problem in the bedroom, there will be a problem in the kitchen as well. So couples should learn about sexual positions, gender related problems in the bedroom and learn to talk freely and nasty[i][/i] when you guys are together, just to mention a few.

E. Matters of FAITH (major): The holy book says: a three fold chord can not be easily broken... God is the binding force in every marriage. A marriage is like a canoe in the ocean, you can never tell what you will meet in the open sea, that is where you need God, the problems in marriage are too numerous for you to attempt shoulder it alone without him, you will sink like Peter. A family that prays together, stays together, that was a quote from one of our marriage consellors when we were planning our marriage. Keep God abreast and lean not on your own understanding, and he will always be there to make a way when there seems to be no way.

Remember, when solomon was blind, the most effective way he destroyed his enemies was by bringing down the pillars of thier temple, same way when the devil wants to destroy a marriage, he pulls down the Pillars or applying pressure such that they begin to crack and give way.

Take a close look at any marriage that broke up, something went wrong with one, two or more of the pillars above.

Well, I have other advice to give like
2. the stages in Marriage
3. Understanding gender differences
4. factors that affect behaviour of an individual
5. Love to commitment borderline
6. Understanding temperaments and how to use them to your advantage but mennn, its late and am feeling really sleepy right now, i will share my experience later.

Hope it is a good stuff for you and helpful as well. glad to share.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by UyiIredia(m): 2:02am On Oct 03, 2014
Yields:
Nowhere did I mention looking for the perfect person, just the right person for me. I believe that is simple enough to grasp.

I made a mistake. Sorry.
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 2:13am On Oct 03, 2014
I'm not afraid of getting married, i'm afraid of having kids. angry

1 Like

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by simdam500(m): 2:37am On Oct 03, 2014
I dont ave any advice. I want advice too
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 2:50am On Oct 03, 2014
REMAIN SCARED OF IT..SIMPLE
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by ukandi1(m): 4:14am On Oct 03, 2014
Marriage hmmmmmnnnnn....
I am married oh... Infact blessed with a beautiful angel but......

Its definitely not a kindergarten game.

Get it straight, it is not d same thing with dating.
Never make d mistake of thinking that cos u dated for x..yrs then u are ready to marry . Them no resemble oh...

But it is beautiful and worth d trouble.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by lakamua: 6:41am On Oct 03, 2014
If you are scared of getting married, thats your problem and that of your family. We no dey beg you.
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by franklininu: 9:52am On Oct 03, 2014
[quote author=Hishuula]I'm even thinking of doing a night weeding not scared of marriage though[

make sure u also invite prayer band 4 d evil spirit that wil b present....
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by ojiefi: 10:15am On Oct 03, 2014
timothyuche1: Honestly, the moment I think about marriage I get scared, I imagine how someone will be tied to another.
As a bachelor i can do anything I like come back any time without anyone questioning me
selfish man...
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by http(m): 2:10pm On Oct 03, 2014
Lower ur expectations, be contempt, never think the grass is greener on the other side and appreciate whatever you have; most of all be happy with urself cos only u is responsible for your happiness.
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by ELGREF(m): 2:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
I dislike breakup, I will rather remain single till jesus come, than get stuck at midle of relationship, good bye is sad
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by aviazuvazia: 4:26pm On Oct 03, 2014
Marriage is an institution where majority of those inside it would prefere to be outside it,

while majority of those outside it would prefere to be inside it.

Marriage is by the book of Arithemetic, to tell a lady"I love You" before marriage is a matter of inclination,

But to tell her "I love You" after marriage is for personal safety and strategy
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 03, 2014
I don't trust any creature that bleeds 4-5days monthly and do not die. embarassed
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Opeyemi1525(f): 5:46pm On Oct 04, 2014
wat u dnt wnt ur partner to do to u,dnt do it to him or her.pray to God He will lead u,watch d person carefully.marriage has some joy nd sweetness u cnt enjoy as a single if u marry d one u love
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by iaatmguy(m): 9:10pm On Oct 04, 2014
gabriel212:
I will like to gain from the experiance of the married one.
In my own case, she gave me list of live i had to adopt in marriage like
1. no friends in my house
2. me not going to c friends
3. no watching of football match
and all this are must for me which had made me withdraw and back to the street
God forbid bad thing
Re: Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 07, 2014
amaprincess:
One thing i like about this section is, there are so many matured minds here.
Some said marriage is sweet, beautiful and all that, but even with all the sweet comments couples give about their marriages, we still see high rate of divorce, violence and separation.
In the society today, you see so many matured men and women due for marriage, but there are not given it consideration at all.
so many are scared. others, lost interest due to horrible heart break experiences and so many reasons.
i know marriage is not a do or die affairs, but it looks good and mystery some how. imagine two people with different upbringing, background. coming together to tolerate each other, Iive as one till the end of time, it looks amazing.
Now to those already in their marriage, pls enlighten us.
1. how do you feel being married? do you feel chain/tied down by one person for the rest of your life, or how do you see it?
2. what are the things that happen in marriage that change everything forever. like sins that cant be forgiven. its common with men once a women cheats, its unforgivable. although i dont support cheating either.
3. what words of advice can you give a young man/lady who desire marriage but scared. based on what you are experiencing now either positive or negative. what can you tell someone who is afraid of entering into marriage, so he/she don't fail (divorce).
pls honest contributions pls
Thank you.

A man needs lot of patience to stay in marriage,most ladies will not show there true color until you marry her ,some of her acts,you wont like but got to tolerate. Atimes,when am angry,i consider her good acts and just let go of my anger.
Marriage,its like life that has challenges,we just have to deal with.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Donates Car To Father Of Boy Whose Eyes Were Plucked Out In Kaduna. Photos / Nigerians And Begging / Sex In Marriage: Tips For Mutual Satisfaction | Surehome Seminar February

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.