Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,083 members, 7,825,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? (25456 Views)

How To Eat Meat In Public? / Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? / Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Damsman10(m): 10:50am On Oct 03, 2014
SmooshCHN: Saving the best for the last. If not I won't be encouraged to finish the Rice. But one day I mistakenly swallowed the Meat before even getting anywhere. It still hurts. cry cry cry
d meat must av been very big
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by mu2sa2: 10:53am On Oct 03, 2014
On this practice there's national unity. lt's the same thing wherever you go - east, west, north or south, whatever the tribe or religion. lf we are united on this why not on other things!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by IYANGBALI: 10:57am On Oct 03, 2014
Yungwizzzy:

Guy?

what's your business when I eat my meat??

must you open thread?
oga na fight?maybe you no dey chop meat self grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Kemmiiee: 11:05am On Oct 03, 2014
Haha .. The meat is like the 'reward' of eating the food ..
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by teelady(f): 11:10am On Oct 03, 2014
[color=#770077][/color] the meat comes last as a gift for a job well done wink
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Gynacologist(m): 11:12am On Oct 03, 2014
SirHouloo: Coz the best is always reserved for the last!
dude u just bombed dis thread man...
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Gynacologist(m): 11:13am On Oct 03, 2014
bloglover: Meat is the main reason why am eating the rice in the first place. once the meat is eaten, my appetite is lost! shikena
hw pasin go eat fud wa no get meat...
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 03, 2014
cus na d final showdown b/w you and the chao, and whoever comes out alive is declared winner.

NOTE: some people don't actually have the jaw power to devour pomo/kanda, so in that case the meat is the victor grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Gynacologist(m): 11:15am On Oct 03, 2014
SmooshCHN: I sleep in the day, and active at night. Any meat for me?
whch mks u jobless damn.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 03, 2014
Ibnsultan: Use dz one 4 Sallah

embarassed thanks. Very meaty looking ram. Did you just pay my online bride price grin I'm waiting for the real life one oo wink
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 03, 2014
eddyland: Well, I have noticed that we Nigerians like eating the meat(s) in our food at the end of the meal. And I have also seen many instances even when there are multiple pieces of meat in the soup, they will eat everything first before finally taking on the meat.

I don't really know why it is so, or has it just turned to our culture? Why do you think that Nigerians like eating meat last in their plate of food?

Additional values brightens up the mood. Meat is an additional value with required nutrients as well. We find our meals interesting when there is meat, fish, chicken, turkey on our meal.

More so in life, if you are the type that finishes your meat or fish before finishing your meal they you are probably likely to like pleasure than be sober
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by dmz(m): 11:26am On Oct 03, 2014
If I'm really hungry I eat the meat last cos I am more interested in stuffing my stomach. If not or I don't think the food is tasty I eat the meat first and nibble on the food. I would rather have 3 wraps of fufu with no meat than 1 wrap with 3 pieces of meat.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by charming247(m): 11:34am On Oct 03, 2014
Is because when there is only one meat in d meal.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Ann2deals(f): 11:46am On Oct 03, 2014
eddyland: Well, I have noticed that we Nigerians like eating the meat(s) in our food at the end of the meal. And I have also seen many instances even when there are multiple pieces of meat in the soup, they will eat everything first before finally taking on the meat.

I don't really know why it is so, or has it just turned to our culture? Why do you think that Nigerians like eating meat last in their plate of food?
it depend on how they were been raised from child wood
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Brymo: 11:46am On Oct 03, 2014
debosola: Hmmm! Because it kinda gives you something to look forward to during the meal. grin
ow r u ?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by SmooshCHN: 11:52am On Oct 03, 2014
Gynacologist: whch mks u jobless damn.
Lol.. first your Moniker should be "Gynecologist" not Gynacologist. tongue secondly, you can find a job for me.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 03, 2014
debosola:

Like seriously
like serious grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by iheneme(m): 11:59am On Oct 03, 2014
That is why I prefer fish instead; you can always pinch-as-you-go.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by smartoliver(m): 12:01pm On Oct 03, 2014
I enjoy the meat more when I eat it at the end of my meal
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by iheneme(m): 12:02pm On Oct 03, 2014
I don't understand why I have to wait till the end of the meal before I can have my meat, abi na trophy wey dem dey win after marathon?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Lekan155: 12:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
It's a form of discipline, seeing what makes you to go for the food at the first place and you're like.. 12 more spoons full still remaining (be patient he said to himself)
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by debosola(f): 12:14pm On Oct 03, 2014
Brymo: ow r u ?

I am fine..ow are u too?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by redsun(m): 12:31pm On Oct 03, 2014
Scarcity. When meats are plentiful,they become just another food item that could be eaten anytime. Though too much meat is bad for you,especially red meat,but it is good to have abundant choices.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
na poverty cause am
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Deepsky(m): 12:45pm On Oct 03, 2014
That's how i was brought up,besides whenever i take d meat, automatically my appetite'll be lost
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 03, 2014
Apart from cultural background, it serves as encouragement
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by clemz88(m): 2:04pm On Oct 03, 2014
Well as for me ,it more enjoyable at the end of the meal. Or maybe its the african way of doing tinz
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by clemz88(m): 2:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
teelady: [color=#770077][/color] the meat comes last as a gift for a job well done wink
haaa .nyce one
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Acidosis(m): 2:09pm On Oct 03, 2014
Atmmachine: Your question should be "Why do poor Nigerian eat meat at the end of their meal
really?

Some rich men do not eat meat
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Ann2deals(f): 2:16pm On Oct 03, 2014
eating meat before the meal seem more like an bad habit to me according to my guardians.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by cutiesoglam(f): 2:20pm On Oct 03, 2014
Upbringing n greediness. Buh me,I eat my meat along wit my food.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 2:23pm On Oct 03, 2014
This issue caused a rift between me and my fiancee one day. She loves to eat meat at the beginning of every meal, not all but atleast little. she did it one afternoon when we had to use 2 meat for our lunch ofocs u knw we'll share it. but to my amazement, she has bitten off more meat from what supposed to be her own and later descend on mine....she just looked me in the eyes and smile....individual differences.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Best Suya Spots In Lagos- The Vanguard Newspaper / What Other Name Do You Call Garri / How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.