Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? (25452 Views)

How To Eat Meat In Public? / Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? / Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by adet991(f): 7:28am On Oct 04, 2014
korel9:

Me black? undecided undecided

I just checked ur pic now @ adet991, na you black pass nah. grin grin grin
you don't seem to understand what i mean
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by korel9: 8:37am On Oct 04, 2014
adet991: you don't seem to understand what i mean

Just kidding. You're pretty just d way u are. Happy sallah sha. @adet991
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 04, 2014
grin the rice..soup without meat is useless.
I cnt eat such. once u serve the food...first thing I must check must be the meat(anu)..
once I see the meat..dayumm d food must be eaten.

I eat alot..I pity who I go marry sha.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Sarimah(f): 9:28am On Oct 04, 2014
richommie:
grin the rice..soup without meat is useless.
I cnt eat such. once u serve the food...first thing I must check must be the meat(anu)..
once I see the meat..dayumm d food must be eaten.

I eat alot..I pity who I go marry sha.
i pity her too lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 04, 2014
I don't eat meat after, I mix it
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 04, 2014
Sarimah:
i pity her too lipsrsealed
grin u 're even talking ....e fit be u oooh..hehehe grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Sarimah(f): 9:48am On Oct 04, 2014
richommie:
grin u 're even talking ....e fit be u oooh..hehehe grin
if I hear......
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 04, 2014
Sarimah post=richommie:
if I hear......
lol ok.just watch and see . grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by spiralwedge(m): 10:47am On Oct 04, 2014
@op, its poverty mentality o. Oyinbo people don't; they eat everything in their plates together.

imagine a scenario whereby you have 6 big pieces of fried spiced chicken with a small portion of rice, which would you eat first? and which would finish last?

I dey wait for answer too.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by valnicholas(f): 11:52am On Oct 04, 2014
Lolzzzz very funny. Well, *cleares throat* eating d meat lastly feels like its d reward I get for d battle fought *winks*... LOL
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by adet991(f): 12:41pm On Oct 04, 2014
korel9:

Just kidding. You're pretty just d way u are. Happy sallah sha. @adet991
same to you
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Jovie: 2:57pm On Oct 04, 2014
bloglover:
Meat is the main reason why am eating the rice in the first place. once the meat is eaten, my appetite is lost! shikena

You hit the nail on the head!

What is a car without fuel? Or a phone without credit?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Brymo: 8:07pm On Oct 04, 2014
debosola:

I am fine..ow are u too?
m ok.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Timdgurl(f): 10:36pm On Oct 04, 2014
sammybrandy:
Seeing the meats in the food will make the meal still interesting.lol
lol. You gorrit... plus the bigger the meat, the greater the zeal to eat tongue
sammybrandy:
Seeing the meats in the food will make the meal still interesting.lol
lol. You gorrit... plus the bigger the meat, the greater the zeal to eat
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by harinze: 7:25am On Oct 05, 2014
Na wa ooooooooooo! Y e b say na 9ja every tin,even meat 4 food den wan know how n when e go enta mouth abi.i tire oooooo
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by harinze: 7:28am On Oct 05, 2014
Abi una stil wan no hw the teeth,spit n go use break am down
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by smudge100nol(m): 7:32am On Oct 05, 2014
Na 2 eat d most enjoyable 1 last. But dt day wey 1 guy carry my meat from my food thinking it was plantain.... I nearly killed him
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by solotutu(m): 8:16am On Oct 05, 2014
eddyland:
Well, I have noticed that we Nigerians like eating the meat(s) in our food at the end of the meal. And I have also seen many instances even when there are multiple pieces of meat in the soup, they will eat everything first before finally taking on the meat.

I don't really know why it is so, or has it just turned to our culture? Why do you think that Nigerians like eating meat last in their plate of food?
what dyu expect.. A plate of rich, eba , semo etc is just d battle the reward is d meat...meat is proteinous! Its expensive, its not a *i see here n there* thing...so any1 who is going eating it is going to cherish it..eat the less expensive one b4 d expensive...or eat the trophy!! Haha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by jgirl22(f): 1:32pm On Oct 05, 2014
Save the best for last
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by fistonati(m): 8:46pm On Oct 05, 2014
eddyland:
Well, I have noticed that we Nigerians like eating the meat(s) in our food at the end of the meal. And I have also seen many instances even when there are multiple pieces of meat in the soup, they will eat everything first before finally taking on the meat.

I don't really know why it is so, or has it just turned to our culture? Why do you think that Nigerians like eating meat last in their plate of food?
Na only to gv impression dat u eat wit meat incase some1 met u while eating. I dey do am wella.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Krasid(m): 10:30am On Oct 06, 2014
We are simply saving the best for the last.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by annawhite(f): 9:00am On Oct 07, 2014
SmooshCHN:
I sleep in the day, and active at night. Any meat for me?
wizard alertz!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Adeyeye22(f): 12:18pm On Oct 12, 2014
Nothing concern anybody wit hw i fight wit my meat during meal. Abeg Nothing concern anybody wit hw i fight wit my meat during meal. Abeg Nothing concern anybody wit hw i fight wit my meat during meal. Abeg
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by mytym(m): 3:39pm On Dec 08, 2014
bloglover:
Meat is the main reason why am eating the rice in the first place. once the meat is eaten, my appetite is lost! shikena
solotutu:
what dyu expect.. A plate of rich, eba , semo etc is just d battle the reward is d meat...meat is proteinous! Its expensive, its not a *i see here n there* thing...so any1 who is going eating it is going to cherish it..eat the less expensive one b4 d expensive...or eat the trophy!! Haha
Exactly, az in its a reward system. The meat is wat makes the eba/fufu swallowable grin. I like to think of it as delayed gratification.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Supermansteve(m): 7:49am On Jun 07, 2016
we Nigerians, we love enjoyment that's why we leave the best part of the meal for the last. My generous opinion

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Best Suya Spots In Lagos- The Vanguard Newspaper / How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures) / Naira To Sell At N415/$ As CBN Sustains Intervention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.