Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,756 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? (25454 Views)

How To Eat Meat In Public? / Good Friday: Did You Eat Meat ? / Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by tundabolt(m): 2:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
It is the motivating factor: it's my encouragement for keeping the faith.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by heedsa10: 2:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
that culture was passed to me from mom o. if I dare touch meat b4 food hmmmnnn come see this dirty slap. u hear oni baje omokekere olokokuro.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
Anuoluwapo3054: This issue caused a rift between me and my fiancee one day. She loves to eat meat at the beginning of every meal, not all but atleast little. she did it one afternoon when we had to use 2 meat for our lunch ofocs u knw we'll share it. but to my amazement, she has bitten off more meat from what supposed to be her own and later descend on mine....she just looked me in the eyes and smile....individual differences.

this issue actually caused me a relationship. The lady I was dating spoke to me rudely that why should I be eating meat at the end of my meal like a small child. Na me been carry am go chop for eatery , pay the bill oh! There and then I just realised she was not the woman for me and that was one of the reasons a close to 10 years relationship went down the drain. I have no regrets today.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 3:28pm On Oct 03, 2014
Wow!!!

Wuldnt av taken dat lightly too.

For me,d moment I take a bite,I'm gonna keep biting and wuld lose interest in d main dish.
D moment I take d meat,eating is overangry
bjims:

this issue actually caused me a relationship. The lady I was dating spoke to me rudely that why should I be eating meat at the end of my meal like a small child. Na me been carry am go chop for eatery , pay the bill oh! There and then I just realised she was not the woman for me and that was one of the reasons a close to 10 years relationship went down the drain. I have no regrets today.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 3:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
My mum used a slightly different method.She made sure we ate foods we didn't fancy by telling us to finish d food b4 coming to d kitchen to collect meat.
Na den u go see me dey chop my worst food like say na jollof rice embarassed
gen2briz: Try and eat meat before you finish food for my mummy face, Hummmm na that igbati / iforun wey they reset pikin brain go next . For me, na, upbringing.

*Modified *
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Pauljonnes(m): 3:45pm On Oct 03, 2014
it's POVERTY o[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Spidermon: 4:02pm On Oct 03, 2014
Best is reserved for last. Just as org*sm is the last stage of sex.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by tete7000(m): 4:10pm On Oct 03, 2014
Something we learnt as children and grew accustomed to. Many children will stop eating once they eat the meat. To avoid that and make them feed well, children are compelled to finish eating before touching the meat and they grow up conditioned to this way of eating.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by oluwatunechi(m): 4:37pm On Oct 03, 2014
cos d meat iz an inspiration
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by unmask: 4:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
save the best for last......
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Samueloladapo(m): 5:10pm On Oct 03, 2014
I asked sometime ago. And this concept embedded on our soul as children is to keep us from coveting other persons meat after you have hurriedly eaten yours..

But if you go boarding school. It might not work for you na your meat you go first chop before sharp guy finish am for you kiss
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Samueloladapo(m): 5:11pm On Oct 03, 2014
cry
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Nobel2(m): 5:41pm On Oct 03, 2014
It is because the meat is usually the accompaniment to the meal whilst the rice is the main meal. Natural human instinct is for us to eat the main meal first before the accompaniment. The reverse is the case in the western world where the meat (Steak, Chicken, Gammon etc) is the main meal and the rice, vegetables or potatoes are the accompaniments. You tend to then eat the main meal alongside the accompaniments.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 03, 2014
If i eat my meat first, the food no go hungry me again na, the food go juxt be like shhit to me grin imagine, they serve u fried rice and chicken laps, u kukuma finish the chicken lap first undecided ehn, e nor dey happen like that na grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by ewosk: 6:00pm On Oct 03, 2014
For me i always start with the Meat and end with same....
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by inosend: 6:45pm On Oct 03, 2014
Saving the best for last, I guess. Again , laughing last is laughing best.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by adet991(f): 6:47pm On Oct 03, 2014
korel9:

Come, you no dey sleep? undecided
see the pot calling kettle black
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 03, 2014
datalossvictim1:

embarassed thanks. Very meaty looking ram. Did you just pay my online bride price grin I'm waiting for the real life one oo wink
loool. D real one is enroute to papa's house via DHL
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Ladycloud(f): 8:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
coz datz wat my mummy taught me!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by bakandow11: 9:13pm On Oct 03, 2014
I askma grandma and she told me dey did that to instill patience in us, so that we can av conrrol over our mind.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by speakthetruth: 9:13pm On Oct 03, 2014
bloglover: Meat is the main reason why am eating the rice in the first place. once the meat is eaten, my appetite is lost! shikena

Correct!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by boboLIL(m): 9:39pm On Oct 03, 2014
D day ah ate mai meat at d begining and middle of d meal....mehn dah food no belle full me oo
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by korel9: 10:04pm On Oct 03, 2014
adet991: see the pot calling kettle black

Me black? undecided undecided

I just checked ur pic now @ adet991, na you black pass nah. grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by sammybrandy(m): 10:38pm On Oct 03, 2014
Seeing the meats in the food will make the meal still interesting.lol
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by mcmukoko12(m): 12:01am On Oct 04, 2014
When there is meat on the food there is hope but if meat go...
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Ndipe(m): 12:32am On Oct 04, 2014
saving the best for the last.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Nobody: 2:03am On Oct 04, 2014
Yungwizzzy:

Guy?

what's your business when I eat my meat??

must you open thread?
Guy u go wicked if u grow...
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Nobody: 2:05am On Oct 04, 2014
mcmukoko12: When there is meat on the food there is hope but if meat go...
No hope for you...... Chair poor U.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Nobody: 2:07am On Oct 04, 2014
boboLIL: D day ah ate mai meat at d begining and middle of d meal....mehn dah food no belle full me oo
U sure say meat de d food?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by boboLIL(m): 5:53am On Oct 04, 2014
Nzeokafor:
U sure say meat de d food?
. Ah rarely eat food without meat or fish.....wcheva, one must come board....
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 04, 2014
eddyland: Well, I have noticed that we Nigerians like eating the meat(s) in our food at the end of the meal. And I have also seen many instances even when there are multiple pieces of meat in the soup, they will eat everything first before finally taking on the meat.

I don't really know why it is so, or has it just turned to our culture? Why do you think that Nigerians like eating meat last in their plate of food?
y do Nigerians drink water after eating, y no before or during the meal.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 04, 2014
eddyland: Well, I have noticed that we Nigerians like eating the meat(s) in our food at the end of the meal. And I have also seen many instances even when there are multiple pieces of meat in the soup, they will eat everything first before finally taking on the meat.

I don't really know why it is so, or has it just turned to our culture? Why do you think that Nigerians like eating meat last in their plate of food?
y do Nigerians wipe their ass after stooling, y not before or during....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Other Name Do You Call Garri / Best Suya Spots In Lagos- The Vanguard Newspaper / How To Make Ofe Owerri (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.