Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,271 members, 7,839,360 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Marrying A Lady Who Has A Child. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marrying A Lady Who Has A Child. (858 Views)

Meet The Kano Lady Who Promised To Buy Car & House For Any Man Who Marries Her / The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. / How I Ended Up Marrying The Lady I Met On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marrying A Lady Who Has A Child. by PrettieJ(f): 2:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hello nairalanders, I'm posting this thread in response to one I saw asking if you can marry a woman who has a child.
It's interesting to note that some men think marrying a 'single lady' with no child will mean less drama. That a lady doesn't have a child tagging along from a previous relationship does not amount to modesty or decency...and for those asking why she didn't marry the 'baby daddy', should she force herself on him if he rejects her?
It takes a lot of courage to keep a pregnancy out of wedlock and women who've had this challenge should be given a chance and not thrown to the curb like they are biggots.
A woman who will make you happy will do so, child or no child in the same way a woman who'll make your life a living hell will do so, child or no child.
Let's give everyone a fair chance and the benefit of doubt without sentiments attached. Enjoy your day!
Re: Marrying A Lady Who Has A Child. by Rapsainot(m): 2:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
Some chicks have aborted up to 10 pregnancy before they finally met the guy who married them(unknown to the guy on most circumstances).... I can marry a lady with a kid if I got to know the reason why she gave birth outta wedlock

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marrying A Lady Who Has A Child. by Ploy(m): 2:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
I can't do it and no one can force me to, even with juju. The reason being that after marriage and there was no issue won't you feel cheated and used? If a lady had aborted Angel and we eventually marry each other and she ended up childless, we will take it as our collective cross. Afterall, I'm not a saint either.

And let me tell you, where there is issue in relationship people easily retrace path
Re: Marrying A Lady Who Has A Child. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
Op as much as I support u am also no happy with a lot of ladies who go around trapping men with pregnancy in other for the men to marry them. Ladies should plz allow men to fall in love with them naturally. Am saying this because one of the reasons why we having many single mothers is because they tried trapping a man with pregnancy which then fail.

I no of a lady whom the guy's parent told that they don't like her & she can't marry their son yet she went ahead a got pregnant for the guy.
Re: Marrying A Lady Who Has A Child. by PrettieJ(f): 4:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
real22: Op as much as I support u am also no happy with a lot of ladies who go around trapping men with pregnancy in other for the men to marry them. Ladies should plz allow men to fall in love with them naturally. Am saying this because one of the reasons why we having many single mothers is because they tried trapping a man with pregnancy which then fail.

I no of a lady whom the guy's parent told that they don't like her & she can't marry their son yet she went ahead a got pregnant for the guy.

Not every single mom got pregnant because she was trying to trap the guy, so please don't generalize.
Re: Marrying A Lady Who Has A Child. by PrettieJ(f): 4:24pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ploy: I can't do it and no one can force me to, even with juju. The reason being that after marriage and there was no issue won't you feel cheated and used? If a lady had aborted Angel and we eventually marry each other and she ended up childless, we will take it as our collective cross. Afterall, I'm not a saint either.

And let me tell you, where there is issue in relationship people easily retrace path

No one is forcing you, I was only sharing....each to his/her own.
Re: Marrying A Lady Who Has A Child. by ronald4lif(m): 4:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
PrettieJ: Hello nairalanders, I'm posting this thread in response to one I saw asking if you can marry a woman who has a child.
It's interesting to note that some men think marrying a 'single lady' with no child will mean less drama. That a lady doesn't have a child tagging along from a previous relationship does not amount to modesty or decency...and for those asking why she didn't marry the 'baby daddy', should she force herself on him if he rejects her?
It takes a lot of courage to keep a pregnancy out of wedlock and women who've had this challenge should be given a chance and not thrown to the curb like they are biggots.
A woman who will make you happy will do so, child or no child in the same way a woman who'll make your life a living hell will do so, child or no child.
Let's give everyone a fair chance and the benefit of doubt without sentiments attached. Enjoy your day!

I agree and child or no child is baseless in my opinion

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Lady Who Has A Child. by Pennywise(m): 4:34pm On Oct 02, 2014
PrettieJ: Hello nairalanders, I'm posting this thread in response to one I saw asking if you can marry a woman who has a child.

I agree with you. But I have no doubt in my mind who among these two you will recommend for your brother to marry.
Re: Marrying A Lady Who Has A Child. by ideology(m): 5:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
Prettiej, no mind some dudes jare.

But we can't expect everyone to have same opinion with ours.

If I eventually meet any single mum, I love her and she fits in my vision as a dream wife.

except she objects my answer is "yes I do" wink

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Lady Who Has A Child. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 02, 2014
PrettieJ:
Not every single mom got pregnant because she was trying to trap the guy, so please don't generalize.
why is it that some ppl in NL don't take time to read & comprehend what they have read b4 commenting. I didn't say all ladies & said lot of ladies. I didn't generalize plz.
Re: Marrying A Lady Who Has A Child. by PrettieJ(f): 11:51am On Oct 03, 2014
Well, I created this thread because as a member of pro-life international, we discourage young women from abortions and give them hope that they can still achieve their dreams even that of getting married. But many of them get discouraged because society judges them based on that mistake and they aren't even given the benefit of doubt. I just hope we can keep open minds and judge less.

(1) (Reply)

Is It True No Girl Is Really Out Of A Guys League? / Game Of TRUTH (describe Your Present Love Situation) / Pls I Need Help...one Lady Wants To. ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.