Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:32 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1252730 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 9:52pm On Dec 20, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:

They are welcomed to invest in Onitsha, build their houses and live peacefully with us. They should come and join hands with us and develop the place. The way we have joined hands to develop Lagos,Abuja, Kano etc.
In their wisdom, they prefer not not buy nor invest in the SE for whatever agenda they harbor. That is their loss.

Plenty of Ndi ofe now live in Onitsha. I don't know if they will begin to build houses in the long run. I know many tailors that relocated to Onitsha.Yoruba tailors are actually preferred by our people to make the traditional dress for them.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by biafranking: 9:54pm On Dec 20, 2014
Nedu09:
nice but Chino that model resemble those Conventional Igbotic four Story building we have here in Onitsha... am expecting skyscraper like model.... i trust Obiano nah! so what do you Fink?
hahhahahhaha..
Guy yu funny
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 9:55pm On Dec 20, 2014
oneeast:
All the big boys are fully represented.. cheesy

Is that Phyno?

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by biafranking: 9:56pm On Dec 20, 2014
Schematics:
No wahala, call it whatever, we want those Igbotic skyscrapper because we are Igbos. Just like Chinese have their model so also "Igbolese" have theirs too. Please check the next thread! Dalu

@Arysexy, check your mail. It is very urgent.

hahahaha....
Yu re right...igbolese made ..lol

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 9:58pm On Dec 20, 2014
biafranking:
xo because of one man blaming the anambrarians for civil war lost..
There4 we should forget the unity of ndigbo...
Broda,dont foster such an ideas as mentality...
No matter what your neigboring igbos may said,is not as worst than what the yorubas have said to us..
Please
help built the unity of ndigbo...............
as we re one brothers and sisters...
Forget wat a faceless man said in his comment...
it doesnt makes yu separate from those who believe we re one...

I agree with you that we should emphasize what unites us rather than what divides us.

We have suffered for too long in the hands of those who have taken advantage of our family quarrels to do us serious harm. We must not repeat the mistakes of our fore-fathers or will suffer again on the same mistake twice.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 20, 2014
Schematics:
Model of APGA National Headquarters being built in Awka. It is high time FG decentralize developments in Abuja so that other regions can partake. I think this is a good step in doing that.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1960252_a7_jpeg2818aedfda1768c1e11dfb28edb36da0
What is that? Cardboard paper architectural sh*t! Jeez! Smh... That country is so backward that you wonder if most the people really reason like human beings. Bleh! That image is ruining my eyes! angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 10:05pm On Dec 20, 2014
Yea that's Phyno.. cheesy cheesy

cjrane:

Is that Phyno?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:07pm On Dec 20, 2014
all4naija:

What is that? Cardboard paper architectural sh*t! Jeez! Smh... That country is so backward that you wonder if most the people really reason like human beings. Bleh! That image is ruining my eyes! angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry

Nekwa,ezi bida si ibadom na akogheli.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 10:08pm On Dec 20, 2014
oneeast:
Yea that's Phyno.. cheesy cheesy

Chai, I like that guy's style o!

Since someone introduced me to his songs, i have found myself singing his songs every day. Especially this one. My best line was in the first verse, where he said to the girl "I ma na Oburu na i bu oroma, i chato go!" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5bgGDg6qq4

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by biafranking: 10:09pm On Dec 20, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Believe me,the state will explode in about 4yrs.
4years is too far..
I was thinkin 2 and the half years...

Anambra is small but mighty

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 10:09pm On Dec 20, 2014
What are they carrying? I don see something this night.. cheesy

This Lounge 24 will not kill me oo.. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 10:10pm On Dec 20, 2014
cjrane:

Plenty of Ndi ofe now live in Onitsha. I don't know if they will begin to build houses in the long run. I know many tailors that relocated to Onitsha.Yoruba tailors are actually preferred by our people to make the traditional dress for them.
relocated to Onitsha from where?

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 10:16pm On Dec 20, 2014
asha80:
relocated to Onitsha from where?

Lagos.
A few tailors i personally know have moved to the east.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 10:19pm On Dec 20, 2014
cjrane:

Lagos.
A few tailors i personally know have moved to the east.
am I to believe that they are making more money in Onitsha than they would have made in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:21pm On Dec 20, 2014
cjrane:

Chai, I like that guy's style o!

Since someone introduced me to his songs, i have found myself singing his songs every day. Especially this one. My best line was in the first verse, where he said to the girl "I ma na Oburu na i bu oroma, i chato go!" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5bgGDg6qq4

"Mpata gi bu ulu anu ,nne bia na enwelum ike inu gi anu"
Phyno is my realest ARUBAM.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by biafranking: 10:24pm On Dec 20, 2014
cjrane:

I agree with you that we should emphasize what unites us rather than what divides us.

We have suffered for too long in the hands of those who have taken advantage of our family quarrels to do us serious harm. We must not repeat the mistakes of our fore-fathers or will suffer again on the same mistake twice.
in other not to suffer in the dsame mistakes of our forefathers,we have to be persistent to live in harmony and loves...
despites all misunderstanding...
We must quarrels,unites and also amend our ways.

In as much,majority of the eastern re proud igbos..

But love must still lead us...

Cos Such is in the nature of societies....

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 10:34pm On Dec 20, 2014
Apga Rally at Awka!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 10:36pm On Dec 20, 2014
Awka!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 10:36pm On Dec 20, 2014
biafranking:
in other not to suffer in the dsame mistakes of our forefathers,we have to be persistent to live in harmony and loves...
despites all misunderstanding...
We must quarrels,unites and also amend our ways.

In as much,majority of the eastern re proud igbos..

But love must still lead us...

Cos Such is in the nature of societies....

Actually we must have quarrels as it's good to have in every healthy relationship.
So there is never going to be a time when we would not quarrel over something we don't really like.
The important thing is always giving room for resolution of conflicts and disagreements than being an extremist in our views.

He who has learned to disagree without being disagreeable has discovered the most valuable secret of a diplomat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 10:37pm On Dec 20, 2014
Still on Apga Rally at Awka!

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 10:46pm On Dec 20, 2014
Idemili Nwere Mmadu!.

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 10:51pm On Dec 20, 2014
asha80:
am I to believe that they are making more money in Onitsha than they would have made in Lagos?

Well they are not silly to move where they will make less money. Don't you think? I know three in Ogba area of Ikeja that have closed their shop and move to the east. grin
I'm sure there are more just know these because they make casual trad. wears for my family. They could also have moved to Aba, i just know the moved to the SE.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 11:36pm On Dec 20, 2014
cjrane:

Well they are not silly to move where they will make less money. Don't you think? I know three in Ogba area of Ikeja that have closed their shop and move to the east. grin
I'm sure there are more just know these because they make casual trad. wears for my family. They could also have moved to Aba, i just know the moved to the SE.
u're right a friend of mine just gave my contact to one of his bros who will be moving down east dis xmas Nnewi 2 be precise

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:42pm On Dec 20, 2014
investnow2013:
Idemili Nwere Mmadu!.

Nwa Ide nnaa on board.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tonychristopher: 11:48pm On Dec 20, 2014
biafranking:
xo because of one man blaming the anambrarians for civil war lost..
There4 we should forget the unity of ndigbo...
Broda,dont foster such an ideas as mentality...
No matter what your neigboring igbos may said,is not as worst than what the yorubas have said to us..
Please
help built the unity of ndigbo...............
as we re one brothers and sisters...
Forget wat a faceless man said in his comment...
it doesnt makes yu separate from those who believe we re one...

Ogini

Biko ka anyi Kwusi iko onu... we are just ibo be it from any part of Igbo land and know that we know these people that made us lose the war which we didn't lose cos Biafra never died it is still in our heart

We know the ogonis that helped we know the ikwerre though they are our brothers that helped ..but we Igbo must unite be it ezza ika owerre ikwerre nkwerre Nnewi ukwuani etc

Our unity gives haters hpb so let's do that for our heroes

Udo

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by IGBOSON1: 12:11am On Dec 21, 2014
asha80:

^^^I would imagine that since there aren't that many of them in the SE they would get more clientele than if they were in Lagos that's already saturated!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ChimaAdeoye: 6:48am On Dec 21, 2014
APGA: The Peoples' movement.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 21, 2014
Anambra... Foward ever.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 21, 2014
No matter how professional your work is as tailor pls dont go to challenge Aba tailors, they will make you look like an apprentice on his first week .

Dont try Aba tailors when your not Versace, Armani or D and G

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 9:44am On Dec 21, 2014
asha80:
Onitsha has more yoruba tailors than Igbo tailors.
The yoruba tailors are actually sewing cloth in big quantities for some traders who deals with traditional garment.
So in a yoruba tailors shop, you can count upto 10 men in a small shop.
Some of them work night and day to meet up their demand.
They can sew upto +50 cloths+trousers per night.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Collynzo9: 9:44am On Dec 21, 2014
Obiano and the task of transforming Anambra state
The end may have come for the dismal look cities of Awka and Onitsha. Both cities suffered near total neglect in the past, and were almost given up for abandoned. Neither the administrative status of Awka nor the commercial strength of Onitsha could earn them gubernatorial attention. Past governments seemed obsessed with other aspects of governance to bother with their rustic state. An out of humour critic of those administrations once called Awka a bucolic town, mismanaged by a line of do-nothing governors who wished to change its looks by standing still.

The failure to transform both cities, though inexcusable, might be as a result of either of two things. One is the lack of political will to embark on a capital intensive venture such as building a new capital city. Two is that past governments were too conservative and blind to notice the unbefitting status of Awka as a state capital and the sprawling condition into which Onitsha has lapsed. Accordingly, the long neglect blotted the otherwise beautiful landscape, and rendered incomplete whatever achievements those governments posted. It is strange but true that Awka still contrasts brutally to the least developed state capital in Nigeria. For example, its rustic state very easily magnifies in juxtaposition to the beautifully laid out streets of Enugu while Onitsha is greatly diminished by the emerging attraction which Asaba has become in recent times. A visitor to Awka or Onitsha from either of the two adjoining state capitals would feel a whiffling air of rustic neglect on arrival. A certain columnist once described his journey from Enugu to Awka as a descent from light to darkness. All too often, the neglect questioned the Anambra spirit of enterprise, and pioneering streak, which has seen to her people being in the vanguard of developing cities outside of the State.

The decrepit infrastructure was not helped by the fractious nature of her politics. Needless to retell the dreary story here, but suffice it to say that it conspired with the failed infrastructure to rob the state a measure of respect in the comity of other states. It is important to mention that the lacuna in infrastructural development was not because the state could not stump up bills in transforming itself, but more for the lack of vision and political will by past governments to do so. The poor state of infrastructure inevitably encumbered development in other areas. In time, the condition conduced to criminal activities rather than stave it. The burgeoning commercial activities of Onitsha very easily exposed her to tidal surges in criminality. Awka, on its part, held no better promise as it lacked the enablers for transformation and stifled growth in social interaction. Both repelled rather than attracted visitors. Investors whose activities should have given impetus to genuine development, nibbled at the thought of coming to the state. Those who did refused to take up residence in it. Perhaps only fly-by-night contractors and wheeler-dealer businessmen could brave the odds. To that extent, even a particular class of her citizens prefers to work in Awka from the comfort of either Enugu or Asaba.
However, since no condition abides forever something fortunate has come swift upon the state. The Obiano government has, since debouching on the political stage, kept its nose to the grindstone to change the old order. Today Awka, the state capital, billows in dust of reconstruction. The decrepit infrastructure is now caving in to the menacing strides of the contractor’s bulldozers. By the time the dust settles, three flyovers at Arroma, Kwatta, and Amawbia bypass would stand firm to mark Awka distinctly out. This is a precursor to building an entirely new capital city in the ancient smithy town. The huge constructions (the flyovers), though a prerogative of the federal government, when completed, will achieve two things. First, it will decongest the town and allow for free flow of traffic that is fast forming a tailback at these junctions. Secondly, it will enliven Awka and make it attractive for residents. No longer will the state capital be passed unnoticed as was earlier the case. Already a body (Awka Capital Development Authority) has been constituted and charged with drawing up a befitting capital for the state. It was also instructed to be as eclectic as possible in harnessing ideas in order to give the state one of the best. Nothing could be more compensatory, given the wasted years.
In line with the transformation, an estate developer, Rockland Builders, has been commissioned to build over a thousand housing units for the state civil servants. This will help reduce exposure to risk by some of the civil servants who shuttle from Enugu and Asaba to work. A lot of renovation work is also going on at the State House in much the same way, as Onitsha is being renovated and lit up. The Upper Iweka/ Bridgehead area has since exploded in resplendent colours. What makes the Onitsha case most gratifying is that the transformation was not shabbily wrought. It first dealt with the foundation by routing criminals in the town. This has not only allowed for luxury of transformation, but also sane commercial activities and a good repose. Night life is gradually returning to the town just as parks, hitherto dens of robbers and alcoholics are being renovated and new ones built.
It may not be presumptuous to say that before four years of this administration Awka, and indeed the state, will be greatly transformed.
•Anyaduba wrote in from Abatete, Anambra State
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/12/obiano-task-transforming-anambra-state/

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ChimaAdeoye: 3:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
[size=15pt]The Foundation of the party secretariat laid!!!

The implication of this great day is that Ndigbo shall be able to meet and select our best, as our own leaders within Igboland.

No more forcing of thugs, agberos and common criminals hand picked by Igbo haters from Abuja on our people as leaders!

The great journey has just begun and Ndigbo shall get to the promised land in Jesus Name ! Amen!!!

Great change is coming to Alaigbo!!!
[/size]

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.