Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,936 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:03 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1252840 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 4:59pm On Dec 21, 2014
Today at Saint Patrick Catheral- Awka. This Worship Center more or less looks like the Saint Peter's Basilica in Vatican.. cool

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
Isn't that Obi and Ilozumba,the commissioner of works and housing development?
Secondly,Victor Umeh need to stop following Obiano around.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 5:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
Yes.. they were both crowned the knight of St Sylvester today in Awka..

OdenigboAroli:

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 21, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Surely that's both of them. They were both honored with Papal Knighthood in recognition of their service.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:33pm On Dec 21, 2014
Schematics:
Yes.. they were both crowned the knight of St Sylvester today in Awka..

I thought Obi was already a knight of some society. Can one be a knight of two different society?
Anyway,I love the Roman Catholic culture and lifestyle in Anambra.....Catholicism and Omenani till I die...lol

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:34pm On Dec 21, 2014
Step2002:

Surely that's both of them. They were both honored with Papal Knighthood in recognition of their service.

Is papal knighthood different from a regular knighthood?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 5:35pm On Dec 21, 2014
I think there are different Knighthoods that can be conferred on people depending on their service to humanity. I think this particular is related to the Papal award given to him last year in Vatican..

OdenigboAroli:

I thought Obi was already a knight of some society. Can one be a knight of two different society?
Anyway,I love the Roman Catholic culture and lifestyle in Anambra.....Catholicism and Omenani till I die...lol

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:43pm On Dec 21, 2014
Schematics:
I think there are different Knighthoods that can be conferred on people depending on their service to humanity. I think this particular is related to the Papal award given to him last year in Vatican..

Lol: Chino,are you sure about one belonging to two different knighthood society?
I dont think thats possible,guy. There are different knighthood society like knight of st mulumba,john,paul and cant serve in two societies at same time. At least from my own observation.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cuche: 5:56pm On Dec 21, 2014
Obi and Ilozumba served the interest of the Catholic Church through secret/open donations. The Catholic Church will really miss his supports without which many retreat centres would not have been built in such a record time.
Mr Obi deserves the awards from his Holiness for his generosity and ensuring that catholics occupied every important position in the state government..

NB, I didn't support his stealing and using Government money for secret donations to the Church . It is obvious that since he left office his donations has declined
I didn't also support the undeserved promotions given to some incompetent persons in the Ministries just because they are Catholics. I am sure Fr. Mbaka and other honest priests we look up to will never support that

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cuche: 6:01pm On Dec 21, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Lol: Chino,are you sure about one belonging to two different knighthood society?
I dont think thats possible,guy. There are different knighthood society like knight of st mulumba,john,paul and cant serve in two societies at same time. At least from my own observation.
One can be honored with different knighthoods, more likely in different diocese and/or entirely different society . It is not forbidden
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:01pm On Dec 21, 2014
Cuche:
Obi and Ilozumba served the interest of the Catholic Church through secret/open donations. The Catholic Church will really miss his supports without which many retreat centres would not have been built in such a record time.
Mr Obi deserves the awards from his Holiness for his generosity and ensuring that catholics occupied every important position in the state government..

NB, I didn't support his stealing and using Government money for secret donations to the Church . It is obvious that since he left office his donations has declined
I didn't also support the undeserved promotions given to some incompetent persons in the Ministries just because they are Catholics. I am sure Fr. Mbaka and other honest priests we look up to will never support that

I bet if you are called to srand to defend these accusations you will disappear. Nwokem,go eat sunday rice because you start running your mouth like ukpaka.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 6:03pm On Dec 21, 2014
I welcome all the diasporans to the Light of the Nation.. cool

Anambra obodo oyibo.. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 6:11pm On Dec 21, 2014
APGA road show in Awka. APGA should concentrate in fielding only technocrats in all the states. This party will actually be the real progressive party in Nigeria..

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cuche: 6:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

I bet if you are called to srand to defend these accusations you will disappear. Nwokem,go eat sunday rice because you start running your mouth like ukpaka.

What do you want? That I list the 4 Perm secs who were inferior in qualifications and Salary Grade level steps to some directors. In fact, two did badly in the interviews, yet they got the Perm sec jobs under Obi ahead of others who were most qualified. Things like that do happen atimes but I would have loved to see the most qualified personnels Manning the key ministries regardless of their religious affiliations

You know I wouldn't list people's name here, It's unethical . As far as am concerned it is not the best

If you pass the road from Term site through Isuanocha, there's this Sister's Retreat center along that road, it is no secret that the entire structure was built and donated by Obi. There are so many others he built and supported through proxies
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cuche: 6:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
Schematics:
APGA road show in Awka. APGA should concentrate in fielding only technocrats in all the states. This party will actually be the real progressive party in Nigeria..
Most of the persons fielded by APGA in the upcoming elections are no match for the guys in PDP. I think the problem APGA may have is that tickets were just handed to friends and associates of Chief Umeh. PDP, which was notorious for fraudulent primaries was carefully in conducting its primaries in Anambra. A neigbour in the house of reps was not even sure of winning till the results came out . He was so stressed that week despite having the power of incumbency
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 6:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
I don't think so. APGA has quality candidates. Former NCC boss Ndukwe is coming to take over Anambra south. Also Obaze is taking Anambra north. APGA primaries were so organized that some Europeans and Asians living in Anambra came to monitor the process.

Cuche:

Most of the persons fielded by APGA in the upcoming elections are no match for the guys in PDP. I think the problem APGA may have is that tickets were just handed to friends and associates of Chief Umeh. PDP, which was notorious for fraudulent primaries was carefully in conducting its primaries in Anambra. A neigbour in the house of reps was not even sure of winning till the results came out . He was so stressed that week despite having the power of incumbency

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cuche: 7:17pm On Dec 21, 2014
Schematics:
I don't think so. APGA has quality candidates. Former NCC boss Ndukwe is coming to take over Anambra south. Also Obaze is taking Anambra north. APGA primaries were so organized that some Europeans and Asians living in Anambra came to monitor the process.

Lol Asian contractors now election Observers. That can easily be arranged.

Ndukwe, the Oraifite guy. By now you should know that the power players in Anambra South are and had remained in PDP

I don't see Obaze defeating Madam Odua, she may be a woman but she has the clout to challenge any name from that zone.
The election is in few months time hopefully, we shall how APGA will fare. In my wishful thinking, APGA best chance will be Chief Umeh going to the Senate.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
Cuche:

Ndukwe, the Oraifite guy. By now you should know that the power players in Anambra South are and had remained in PDP

I don't see Obaze defeating Madam Odua, she may be a woman but she has the clout to challenge any name from that zone.
The election is in few months time hopefully, we shall how APGA will fare. In my wishful thinking, APGA best chance will be Chief Umeh going to the Senate.

You are a neophyte when it comes to Anambra politics. In fact,you are not making any sense.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cuche: 7:54pm On Dec 21, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

You are a neophyte when it comes to Anambra politics. In fact,you are not making any sense.
Odenigbo APGA the neophyte said Mr Obi will not quit politics and that he will decamp to PDP. Did it or did it not happen?
I like your loyalty to APGA, in fact, I will like your type for my PA but don't reason like a child who thinks that because his father is a pilot that the plane piloted by his father belongs to the father

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 8:01pm On Dec 21, 2014
Cuche:

I always look forward to your contributions on this thread as you are one of the few people on ground. Don't mind these noisemakers. Stella and Uba are already in the next senate. I still dont know where the central will go, depends on what Ngige is doing with APC and Ekwunife with Mrs Jonathans support. Chino said he is from uga but supporting a very unpopular Ernest Ndukwe. lol. the obaze guy is an obi loyalist, I doubt if Obiano will support him against oduah. Either way, I don't see APGA winning any Senate seat in the state.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 8:05pm On Dec 21, 2014
Cuche:

Odenigbo APGA the neophyte said Mr Obi will not quit politics and that he will decamp to PDP. Did it or did it not happen?
I like your loyalty to APGA, in fact, I will like your type for my PA but don't reason like a child who thinks that because his father is a pilot that the plane piloted by his father belongs to the father
hahahahahaha, odenigbo whatever is a low life, stands for nothing, reasons like a kindergarten. He already sold whatever that is remaining of his pitiful life to Peter obi.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 8:11pm On Dec 21, 2014
Nwanne I want the best candidates to represent the light of the nation. If ndukwe will be a better senator than Andy let him. We should always place our great state ahead of any individual.

FreeGlobe:

I always look forward to your contributions on this thread as you are one of the few people on ground. Don't mind these noisemakers. Stella and Uba are already in the next senate. I still dont know where the central will go, depends on what Ngige is doing with APC and Ekwunife with Mrs Jonathans support. Chino said he is from uga but supporting a very unpopular Ernest Ndukwe. lol. the obaze guy is an obi loyalist, I doubt if Obiano will support him against oduah. Either way, I don't see APGA winning any Senate seat in the state.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 8:13pm On Dec 21, 2014
I believe former NCC boss has so much to offer because he can influence communication companies for more developments and expansion in Anambra

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 8:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
oneeast:
Nwanne I want the best candidates to represent the light of the nation. If ndukwe will be a better senator than Andy let him. We should always place out great state ahead of any individual.

I have a problem with Earnest Ndukwe, when he was NCC boss, he didn't attract anything to the state unlike people like Soludo with that CBN, Dora (RIP) with Nafdac, etc. on what basis does he now want the people to vote him. Let him test his weight though. I know he is very unpopular there.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 21, 2014
Though APGA have more credible and people oriented candidate than PDP but the latter being the congregation of crooks can armtwist the former ma fee mee anya ura.

Central...APGA vs PDP- Ohamadike.

South....APGA vs PDP. Ndukwe.

North....APGA vs PDP. I love both.

Even in Abia State APGA still have a better guber candidate tha PDP, even in Imo too.

APGA is not just a political party but group of resourced gentlemen on rescue mission of Igboland.
oneeast:
I believe former NCC boss has so much to offer because he can influence communication companies for more developments and expansion in Anambra

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 8:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
I see APGA candidates sweeping the whole place..

OkijaAmaka:
Though APGA have more credible and people oriented candidate than PDP but the latter being the congregation of crooks can armtwist the former ma fee mee anya ura.

Central...APGA vs PDP- Ohamadike.

South....APGA vs PDP. Ndukwe.

North....APGA vs PDP. I love both.

Even in Abia State APGA still have a better guber candidate tha PDP, even in Imo too.

APGA is not just a political party but group of resourced gentlemen on rescue mission of Igboland.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 21, 2014
Ndukwe bu ezigbo agidigbo mmadu, efulefu na ngworo that couldnt attract a telocom maste in Anambra as NCC boss will now go to senate and attract someting, i dont even like him bc he never acted like onye Anambra while he ws there.

oneeast:

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 8:51pm On Dec 21, 2014
Ndukwe can never win Anambra south even with Emeka offor's support. For Anambra North Mrs. oduah can be said to be running unupposed. I don't also see Victor umeh winning central too. my take

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:01pm On Dec 21, 2014
FreeGlobe:
Ndukwe can never win Anambra south even with Emeka offor's support. For Anambra North Mrs. oduah can be said to be running unupposed. I don't also see Victor umeh winning central too. my take

Obele nwa na amu ili enu...lol
Nigga bu onye nko!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 9:13pm On Dec 21, 2014
cjrane:

Plenty of Ndi ofe now live in Onitsha. I don't know if they will begin to build houses in the long run. I know many tailors that relocated to Onitsha.Yoruba tailors are actually preferred by our people to make the traditional dress for them.
No be say you talk o, so many and i mean so many of them here. They just invaded here suddenly and i don't know why our people prefer them. Good thing though

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 9:23pm On Dec 21, 2014
tabletman1:
Onitsha has more yoruba tailors than Igbo tailors.
The yoruba tailors are actually sewing cloth in big quantities for some traders who deals with traditional garment.
So in a yoruba tailors shop, you can count upto 10 men in a small shop.
Some of them work night and day to meet up their demand.
They can sew upto +50 cloths+trousers per night.

You're right in a way but i feel Ndigbo anyi really don't take tailoring as an avenue they can actually make money so relegated it to outsiders, just like like okada riders had been relegated long ago

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cuche: 9:29pm On Dec 21, 2014
FreeGlobe:

hahahahahaha, odenigbo whatever is a low life, stands for nothing, reasons like a kindergarten. He already sold whatever that is remaining of his pitiful life to Peter obi.
Odenigbo is a loyal party man, he often feels like slapping anybody who dissents his venerated statute of the former governor. I also see him as a die hard supporter of APGA.
The Bomb shell! Odenigbo, which party will win Enugu, Imo, Abia, Ebonyi guber? Odenigbo will answer and swear with his head that APGA will cruise smoothly to victory.

I often visualize him as someone who positions in the corner of a beer palor engaging any intereted person on arguments like APGA will win every electable position in Anambra which may end in the use of Beer bottles to convince the head of the other fellow/s to agree to his position.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.