Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1227119 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 10:52am On Jun 30, 2015
Chief Patrick Ifeanyi Uba should be encouraged to build Five Star Hotels,Refinery,Tank Farms for storage of petrol & Highrise Office complexes in Onitsha & Awka for Headquaters of Many Anambra's Companies!.... These Highrise buildings should be not less than 7 story high!.... This guy is an embodiment of Anambra\Igbomen's & women determination to succeed inspite many obstacles!.Obiano/ Anambra State Investment company should encourage him to invest more in Anambra-State than other places!.Although he is building a Hotel & Stadium at Nnewi as I speak, but it is still a far cry to what he can do !.Uba should consider building Independent Power Plant at Nnewi for many Industries in Nnewi, Okija, Oba, Ozubulu & Ihiala!. Ulasi River Okija or One of the River Niger water channels & tributaries at Atani Ogbaru Lga of Anambra-State can be very useful in this regard!They can be damed!.He can partner with Chief Emeka Offor & many others. Onye eme tuna Agu aka na odu ma odi ndu ma onwu anwu! Onye eme tuna Agu aka na odu ma odi ndu ma onwu anwu!!!! They have touched the Tail of The Eastern TIGER!!!........This is The Time For The EASTERN TIGER TO ROAR!!!! & Conquer!!!!!......Anambra Nwere Dike nwe Dimkpa!. Udo nuo!!!.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 11:41am On Jun 30, 2015
bankson80:
they will remove it 100 percent,its just a canopy.they destroy my fully built out bar in front of my father`s 3 floor building at number 1 omor street nkpor agu which was even build with alumi zinc.before i build the new garden last year in the plot next to it just because is less than 2 meter close to the gutter.but believe me i was not angry about it.cos guess what,they tarred the road and now am making more money than before.if you are at nkpor flyover,take the direction leading to the old motor spare parts nkpor agu,straight to the end is tarred up till my bar and now costomers can drive all freely down to my bar with any type of car they have without any interruption.before that was a big deal and i lost many of them then.i base in austria and at first when my mum told me what was going on,she was not happy about it but i told her that she don`t have to be cos its really our time.that also motivated me to build the full plot garden.and its just aw some since then.infact i plan to own the biggest bar in anambra state in the near future by the Gods grace.good readers motivate investors to plan without limit cos the market is just there.

Great to know you were not annoyed when they pulled down the illegal structure you built so close to the road. That is the true spirit of a patriotic citizen. We must strive to build a state with the best practices abroad. Our people are fond of leaving a lot of space at the backyard and moving their building right on top of the gutter. This makes our cities crowded and always looking like a third world slum. That is why i commend Gov. Chime of Enugu demolishing illegal structure built near gutter lines or too close to the road. If we obey the minimum 2 meters distance from the road, we will achieve a decent homeland.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 30, 2015
In asmuch as am not always cheerleading every move by Obiano but anyone that deserves praises I will not hesitate to shower encomuims to whom and when its due.

This move below captured my mood.

In a bid to ensure that Anambra State achieves
sustainable development of Micro, Small and
Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) and becomes the hub
for MSME empowerment in the country, the
governor of the State, Chief Willie Obiano has
inaugurate the Anambra State Small Business
Agency (ASBA) to serve as the catalyst for growth in
the MSME sector in the state.
Inaugurating the Agency at the Governor’s Lodge,
Amawbia on Wednesday, Governor Obiano
announced that the state had secured the sum of N2
billionfor on-lending through ASBAto eligible
beneficiaries in partnership with participating
financing institutions that meet specific selection
criteria in the State.
Of the N2 billion made accessible to Anambra State
after signing a Memorandum of Understanding
(MoU) with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) with an
Irrevocable Standing Payment Order (ISPO) for the
principal and accrued interest, the sum of N1 Billion
has already been drawn-down out of which the sum
of N205m was disbursed to beneficiaries in the first
phase of the scheme.
The handing over of symbolic cheques to some of
the beneficiaries took place at the flag-off of the
First Phase of the ASBA/CBN MSMEs Development
Fund in Anambra State, Wednesday at the
Governor’s Lodge, Amawbia.
The first set of ten beneficiaries were shortlisted
after due diligence for the Revolving Working Capital
Facility. Among the beneficiaries
areAustracoindustries Limited for bakery and
beverages production; Bold Ventures Limited, for
PVC Pipe manufacturing and Zara Industries Limited,
for poultry and fish feed production.
Others are I.I.C. Construction Co. Limited, for
fabricated steel production; Omus Oil Limited, for
production of steel and associated materials and
Restructure Nigeria Limited, for production of
aluminium cooking pots.
Speaking after the inauguration, governor Obiano
expressed happiness that the fund drawn from the
Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) counterpart grant has
finally been accessed by the state with the aim of
addressing the gap and unlocking the potentials of
Nigerian MSMEs in order to improve their access to
finance, shore up potentials for job creation, and
enable them reduce poverty within the country.
Governor Obiano, stated, “ASBA already has a
template to ensure proper disbursement of the
funds;” and to CBN he assured, “I want to assure you
that under my watch, the money will come home. “
According to Obiano, “MSMEs are globally recognized
as the critical engine of economic growth due to
their potential to create jobs, food production,
generate income and reduce poverty,” stressing that
“Anambra State is a significant hub for MSMEs in the
country, with the State known as the nucleus for
both the Automotive Spare Parts Industry in Nnewi
and General Merchandise in Onitsha.”
The governor commended ASBA for making the
initiative come to fruition, stressing that members
of ASBA Board were carefully selected with a
composition of eminently qualified individuals who
will ensure the integrity and transparency of the
process.He noted the impact the MSMEs activities
will have with proper funding in tandem with the
government’s Agricultural programme which is one
of his administration’s 4- Pillars of Economic
Development. Such initiatives like the massive
production of fish fingerlings at the Local
government level, he noted would eventually lead
to exports and the existence of fish villages, with
ripples effect on employment and economic
empowerment.

m.thenigerianvoice.com/news/182137/1/obiano-inaugurates-asba-disburses-n1bn-msmes-loans.html

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 3:53pm On Jun 30, 2015
Coscharis Rice Farm Anaku Anyamelum Lga of Anambra-State=>>> Obiano on inspection of The Farm!.This joint investment will provide for more than half of Anambra-State Rice Requirement!.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 6:29pm On Jun 30, 2015
More! 1. Coscharis Chairman,Obiano & others. 2.The Speaker Anambra State=> Hon Rita Maduagwu & others

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 30, 2015
investnow2013:
Cosharis Rice Farm Anaku Anyamelum Lga of Anambra-State=>>> Obiano on inspection of The Farm!.This joint investment will provide for more than half of Anambra-State Rice Requirement!.

I will rather invest in livestock farming, fruits than rice.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 6:33pm On Jun 30, 2015
Obiano at Coched Farm Anaku!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 6:36pm On Jun 30, 2015
BuddahMonk:

I will rather invest in livestock farming, fruits than rice.
why?moreover oduah and one other oufit are going into poultry and livestock...which fruits if i may ask?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by meccuno: 6:47pm On Jun 30, 2015
investnow2013:
Onitsha-Nigeria's Emerging Financial Hub?.
where exactly is that place?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by meccuno: 7:11pm On Jun 30, 2015
What about an airport and seaport?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 7:22pm On Jun 30, 2015
meccuno:
which seaport do you hope to build in anambra?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 7:22pm On Jun 30, 2015
meccuno:
Onitsha/Anambra-State was third on the number of bank's branches, but now is Second if the CBN can update their record!. Many stockbrokers have set up offices also!.Daily financial transaction have also increased making it number 2 in the whole country!.Onitsha-The Emerging Financial Hub!

9 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 8:00pm On Jun 30, 2015
meccuno:
The Airport project is still not finalised yet because the govt is still trying to choose The best Investor among many that are interested in the project!.Two Major Roads arround the Airport site had been awarded & It will be a 4 lane road!.The river port was completed a long time by Inter bau & other contractors, but because the Consultants for the project advised the federal govt not to give Onitsha port to the investors on it's own because it is the most viable one among others & that if it does so will make the other unattractive!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 8:14pm On Jun 30, 2015
investnow2013:
Chief Patrick Ifeanyi Uba should be encouraged to build Five Star Hotels,Refinery,Tank Farms for storage of petrol & Highrise Office complexes in Onitsha & Awka for Headquaters of Many Anambra's Companies!.... These Highrise buildings should be not less than 7 story high!.... This guy is an embodiment of Anambra\Igbomen's & women determination to succeed inspite many obstacles!.Obiano/ Anambra State Investment company should encourage him to invest more in Anambra-State than other places!.Although he is building a Hotel & Stadium at Nnewi as I speak, but it is still a far cry to what he can do !.Uba should consider building Independent Power Plant at Nnewi for many Industries in Nnewi, Okija, Oba, Ozubulu & Ihiala!. Ulasi River Okija or One of the River Niger water channels & tributaries at Atani Ogbaru Lga of Anambra-State can be very useful in this regard!They can be damed!.He can partner with Chief Emeka Offor & many others. This is The Time For The EASTERN TIGER TO ROAR!!!!......Anambra Nwere Dike nwe Dimkpa!. Udo nuo!!!

Ifeanyi Uba will do himself a lot of favour by diversifying his business NOW! He should invest in real estate in Onitsha, 3-5 star hotels, office buildings or whatever he can do right now. Or he would wake up someday to find he can't even pay for fuel into his car if he continues to believe refined petroleum products importation is a real business. Nigeria one of the biggest oil producing countries in the world to be importing refined petroleum products is an aberration and legacy of military rule, which will soon be corrected. One hopes Ifeanyi understands this fact and act fast before it is too late.
Like Coscharis that has diversified into farms. Ifeanyi Ubah should build agro based factories to process everyday goods and foodstuff. If he continues to hope on fuel importation as his mainstay, he is in for a huge surprise soon.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 8:15pm On Jun 30, 2015
meccuno:
Old Market Road Onitsha & Atani road near the River Niger popularly called Habour industrial Layout Onitsha!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 8:28pm On Jun 30, 2015
investnow2013:
Chief Patrick Ifeanyi Uba should be encouraged to build Five Star Hotels,Refinery,Tank Farms for storage of petrol & Highrise Office complexes in Onitsha & Awka for Headquaters of Many Anambra's Companies!.... These Highrise buildings should be not less than 7 story high!.... This guy is an embodiment of Anambra\Igbomen's & women determination to succeed inspite many obstacles!.Obiano/ Anambra State Investment company should encourage him to invest more in Anambra-State than other places!.Although he is building a Hotel & Stadium at Nnewi as I speak, but it is still a far cry to what he can do !.Uba should consider building Independent Power Plant at Nnewi for many Industries in Nnewi, Okija, Oba, Ozubulu & Ihiala!. Ulasi River Okija or One of the River Niger water channels & tributaries at Atani Ogbaru Lga of Anambra-State can be very useful in this regard!They can be damed!.He can partner with Chief Emeka Offor & many others. Onye eme tuna Agu aka na odu ma odi ndu ma onwu anwu! Onye eme tuna Agu aka na odu ma odi ndu ma onwu anwu!!!! They have touched the Tail of The Eastern TIGER!!!........This is The Time For The EASTERN TIGER TO ROAR!!!! & Conquer!!!!!......Anambra Nwere Dike nwe Dimkpa!. Udo nuo!!!.
@ Cyrane yes of course!... Uba needs to diversify now & not later!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 8:29pm On Jun 30, 2015
investnow2013:
Chief Patrick Ifeanyi Uba should be encouraged to build Five Star Hotels,Refinery,Tank Farms for storage of petrol & Highrise Office complexes in Onitsha & Awka for Headquaters of Many Anambra's Companies!.... These Highrise buildings should be not less than 7 story high!.... This guy is an embodiment of Anambra\Igbomen's & women determination to succeed inspite many obstacles!.Obiano/ Anambra State Investment company should encourage him to invest more in Anambra-State than other places!.Although he is building a Hotel & Stadium at Nnewi as I speak, but it is still a far cry to what he can do !.Uba should consider building Independent Power Plant at Nnewi for many Industries in Nnewi, Okija, Oba, Ozubulu & Ihiala!. Ulasi River Okija or One of the River Niger water channels & tributaries at Atani Ogbaru Lga of Anambra-State can be very useful in this regard!They can be damed!.He can partner with Chief Emeka Offor & many others. This is The Time For The EASTERN TIGER TO ROAR!!!!......Anambra Nwere Dike nwe Dimkpa!. Udo nuo!!!
Anambra great sons and daughters should come home and invest, the should emulate Coscharis, Stella Oduah, Clem Nwankwo, Innoson etc.
This company is own by Ernest Azudialo, The owner of century power and Smile network

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Stolen: 8:34pm On Jun 30, 2015
FKO81:

Anambra great sons and daughters should come home and invest, the should emulate Coscharis, Stella Oduah, Clem Nwankwo, Innoson etc.
This company is own by Ernest Azudialo, The owner of century power and Smile network

Wat the great sons of anambra do not understand is that if Federal Gov dont want to invest in the East, then it is their loss.

Onitsha River port will be far more cheaper to build than to buy. That can be somebody business.

Build a seaport standard River Port and expand steadily until it is massive and world class.

And I mean massive like seaport.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Stolen: 8:36pm On Jun 30, 2015
Similarly an integrated International Airport terminal of 5 might be cheaper to build one at a time than to buy.

This sited in onitsha will yield returns forever. They should not be scared to team up as share holders to invest alongside foreign investors.

But wateva it is must be done to world standard not shabby.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 8:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
investnow2013:
@ Cyrane yes of course!... Uba needs to diversify now & not later!

I feel bad for Chief Cletus Ibeto that was not able to finalize the Nkalagu cement factory deal and start rolling out finished portland cement from that factory before the importation of cement was recently BANNED by Buhari.

But at least, Ibeto will not be poor overnight because he already had other factories making auto-products which are useful to the economy of the country. Ifeanyi Ubah is enjoying borrowed time as a rich man unless he acts immediately to diversify now.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
cjrane:

Ifeanyi Uba will do himself a lot of favour by diversifying his business NOW! He should invest in real estate in Onitsha, 3-5 star hotels, office buildings or whatever he can do right now. Or he would wake up someday to find he can't even pay for fuel into his car if he continues to believe refined petroleum products importation is a real business. Nigeria one of the biggest oil producing countries in the world to be importing refined petroleum products is an aberration and legacy of military rule, which will soon be corrected. One hopes Ifeanyi understands this fact and act fast before it is too late.
Like Coscharis that has diversified into farms. Ifeanyi Ubah should build agro based factories to process everyday goods and foodstuff. If he continues to hope on fuel importation as his mainstay, he is in for a huge surprise soon.

God bless you my brother.

I don't know who will advise him, he need to divest and invest so much in real state, hospitality, communications, media and agriculture.

The way things are going now in Nigeria they might likely come after him like they did Ibeto, OUK, Savannah Bank, Innoson, if care is not taken.
I heard he is building a 3_4 star hotel with staduim in Nnewi, I wonder the companies that handle such project and their track record.

Ifeanyi Uba way most times tire me joor

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 8:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
Ernest Azudialo

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 8:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
Obiano is making a 'Mark' in trying to convince our great men & women that Charity begins not in the North where You are slaughtered like goats or in the West where you are threathened to be pushed to the Lagoon, but true Charity begins in The East which is our Home!. Ndibe anyi kunie nu ka anyi go si ha na anyi bu Umu Igbo di Chineke tere Manu Oma!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by carnegiefan: 8:42pm On Jun 30, 2015
Stolen:
Similarly an integrated International Airport terminal of 5 might be cheaper to build one at a time than to buy.

This sited in onitsha will yield returns forever. They should not be scared to team up as share holders to invest alongside foreign investors.

But wateva it is must be done to world standard not shabby.

I don't know when our people will start thinking like you. I'm praying steadily for that day to come when they see the need to develop SEVERAL INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTS in SE. Without those international airports, our development will remain snail-paced.
As things stand today, SE needs at least THREE international airports. If I had the type of money these business men have, I would have built one with personal money. Then I'll wait for anybody to tell me not to operate it. cool

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
cjrane:

I feel bad for Chief Cletus Ibeto that was not able to finalize the Nkalagu cement factory deal and start rolling out finished portland cement from that factory before the importation of cement was recently BANNED by Buhari.

But at least, Ibeto will not be poor overnight because he already had other factories making auto-products which are useful to the economy of the country. Ifeanyi Ubah is enjoying borrowed time as a rich man unless he acts immediately to diversify now.

Ibeto is just a victim of hate and inferiority complex orchestrated by the politicians in Ebonyi State.

First Obj started by withdrawing his license to give Dangote monopoly until Yar dua revised the decision.

But CaptianOjemba said work was going there when he passed few months ago.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 8:45pm On Jun 30, 2015
You can see Obiano doing just that here!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Stolen: 8:46pm On Jun 30, 2015
carnegiefan:

I don't know when our people will start thinking like you. I'm praying steadily for that day to come when they see the need to develop SEVERAL INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTS in SE. Without those international airports, our development will remain snail-paced.
As things stand today, SE needs at least THREE international airports. If I had the type of money these business men have, I would have built one with personal money. Then I'll wait for anybody to tell me not to operate it. cool

The funny thing is that chinese business men are looking for such investment. The Chinese believe in investment not banks.

All u need is a few South east Billionnaires and foreign investors, preferably Chinese or Russians.

A carefully drawn out plan and contracts. The project is off. Maximum it will all cost 1billion dollars at most but I estimate much lesser..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 8:48pm On Jun 30, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Ibeto is just a victim of hate and inferiority complex orchestrated by the politicians in Ebonyi State.

First Obj started by withdrawing his license to give Dangote monopoly until Yar dua revised the decision.

But CaptianOjemba said work was going there when he passed few months ago.

I hope he is able to have a factory to convert limestone into portland cement in Nigeria to sustain his well known brand "IBETO Cement"
For IBETO Cement to completely disappear and lose the entire eastern market to DANGOTE cement is really a painful scenario.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Stolen: 8:49pm On Jun 30, 2015
cjrane:

I hope he is able to have a factory to convert limestone into portland cement in Nigeria to sustain his well known brand "IBETO Cement"
For IBETO Cement to completely disappear and lose the entire eastern market to DANGOTE cement is really a painful scenario.

The part that gets me is having to finish fighting Buhari and co and come back to an even bigger fight of ndiigbo. That one goes to my head.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 8:53pm On Jun 30, 2015
Stolen:

The part that gets me is having to finish fighting Buhari and ko and come back to an even bigger fight of ndiigbo. That won goes to my head.

IBETO Cement should also consider investing in other African countries in order to expand outside Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jun 30, 2015
Stolen:

The part that gets me is having to finish fighting Buhari and co and come back to an even bigger fight of ndiigbo. That one goes to my head.

We have so many ignorant people, they are just not politicians but hatefilled individuals that are just envious of someone's success.

Charity begins in East.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Stolen: 8:59pm On Jun 30, 2015
cjrane:

IBETO Cement should also consider investing in other African countries.

Charity begins at home, right now Ndiigbo have alot but sit like beggars that have nothing.

I am not Ibeto and will not benefit from Ibeto cement, but I know Ndiigbo particularly from the host community will be gainfully employed so why do we keep enriching Dangote.

Ebonyi main concern should be employment of the people from the host community and wage rate not this foolishness. Business is for private investors and government even provide tax free incentive not chase them away.

I hope u understand wat am saying. I hope we are communicating, had to ask becos Ndiigbo puzzle me.

Do Ndiigbo need Dangote to spit and piss on their face to know that guy hate us? We build all the time and Dangote warehouse continually need supplies.

Even one of Dangote lorry drivers killed an Igbo man in the line of duty or is our life just too cheap that we have forgotten.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.