Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (397) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1228456 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 10:01pm On Oct 03, 2015
abagoro:

Sincerely I wonder why the jamboree on a hotel to the extent of Obiano coming to commission it. Did he come in official capacity or was it merely a personal invite?
What's your point?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by warrior01: 10:11pm On Oct 03, 2015
abagoro:

Sincerely I wonder why the jamboree on a hotel to the extent of Obiano coming to commission it. Did he come in official capacity or was it merely a personal invite?
You'll never change. You hatred for any good news from Anambra has really made you insane. If committing suicide can cure you of your hatred for ndigbo, so be it

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by abagoro(m): 10:25pm On Oct 03, 2015
warrior01:

You'll never change. You hatred for any good news from Anambra has really made you insane. If committing suicide can cure you of you hatred for ndigbo, so be it

So Hotel is now good news? I am indifferent to that but isn't it funny that a Governor went to commission private hotel as an achievement?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by sunnyb0b0(m): 10:38pm On Oct 03, 2015
abagoro:

So Hotel is now good news? I am indifferent to that but isn't it funny that a Governor went to commission private hotel as an achievement?

That hotel will provide employment to a number of people.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by patrick89(m): 11:30pm On Oct 03, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

That hotel will provide employment to a number of people.

I agree with abagoro this time around. M

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 11:34pm On Oct 03, 2015
warrior01:

You'll never change. You hatred for any good news from Anambra has really made you insane. If committing suicide can cure you of you hatred for ndigbo, so be it
So you support obiano commissioning hotel which is a private investment? He should also come down to onitsha and start commissioning new five storey building that springs up everyday since all of them are private investment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:36pm On Oct 03, 2015
tabletman1:
So you support obiano commissioning hotel which is a private investment? He should also come down to onitsha and start commissioning new five storey building that springs up everyday since all of them are private investment.

I don't see anything wrong in it,rather I perceive it as a way of encouraging investors.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by patrick89(m): 11:47pm On Oct 03, 2015
knowledgeable:

Media is the Holy Grail Igbos must seek now. The whole world and Africa have heard about Igbos/SE and want to know more about them. Their epoch survival of genocide/continuous marginalisation, their invention of nollywood and as a platform to showcase the beauty of their culture were well received by humanity, their diasporan indomitable spirit and their quest to succeed as exemplifies by Ndi Igbo first generation in USA is among the best. The home based Merchants (eg Onitsha omata boys) who were by all accounts the first African pioneers/pathfinders to establish business to business, people to people contact with far East ( China, Malaysia, Indonesia and etc) with the kind of mixing and marriages that are going on there are legendary.

Media, media and media is what we need in the south east. If it is well packaged, the projections from the region will be well received universally. Although the greatest obstacle will come from " the enemy fire power" of countering those projections, therefore must be the first nut to crack in the construct.

My brother if you google about igbo, you will see a lot of people asking many questions about us. We need media like yesterday, I was making a case how Chris ubosi came into the media scenario and made quick impact in radio lifestyle in lagos and beyond with beat fm, naija fm and classic fm, while other radio stations started since 2000s are stagnant.
I have just observed another one, eboni Tv that was established few years ago, is now an incredible platform, you can not even compare it with galaxy tv or mitv. What we need is a committed individual that will invest in visual media.. If I have money today I will make a quick impact on that regard.. a satellite and terrestrial tv should be established as soon as possible. We need to package our region our lifestyles, our traditional events,festivals and so on, many people in diaspora will be more than willing to know much about igboland. Imagine nollywood big men and women can not float a tv station that can project their videos, lifestyle etc.
Our riich musicians like psquare suppose to own a tv station like sound city! We need to start treating our region like a single country...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cjrane2: 1:14am On Oct 04, 2015
NAIJASOM:
Most Igbos have finally gotten the message which is to have some investment at home. This can be seen mostly in the real-eatate sector. That's why we are having a massive housing boom in the east but you can't say the same for the rest of Nigeria minus Lagos and Abuja.

Igbos, especially this young generation (18-40 yrs),have finally understood that there is no place like home. This generation is so politically aware and very pro-Igbo in their thinking. Give Igbo land another 10 years and it will be filled with indigenous industries and investments. I can bet my money on that as long as the current way of thinking continues.

I fervently hope that you are right.
I live in lagos, so i have serious doubts based on how our people are buying up and building up this whole place.

Our people typically always "know it all". ...........Eze onye agwanam
Nobody wants to listen to voice of reason or being strategic before a looming dangerous event actually occurs. Many great Igbo including the late Ikemba have clamored on these folks to plan ahead and actually think seriously about the need to support a similar market like ladipo or idumota in SE, even if he does not wholly want to leave Lagos or elsewhere yet.
But when his shop in ladipo is suddenly demolished just to ruin his life simply because he is Igbo, he learns the hard way, but then it's too late to divest because he had been successfully pauperized.

Believe me, common sense isn't common.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 3:15am On Oct 04, 2015
Cjrane2:

I fervently hope that you are right.
I live in lagos, so i have serious doubts based on how our people are buying up and building up this whole place.

Our people typically always "know it all". ...........Eze onye agwanam
Nobody wants to listen to voice of reason or being strategic before a looming dangerous event actually occurs. Many great Igbo including the late Ikemba have clamored on these folks to plan ahead and actually think seriously about the need to support a similar market like ladipo or idumota in SE, even if he does not wholly want to leave Lagos or elsewhere yet.
But when his shop in ladipo is suddenly demolished just to ruin his life simply because he is Igbo, he learns the hard way, but then it's too late to divest because he had been successfully pauperized.

Believe me, common sense isn't common.

I will use this opportunity to not just to address your concerns but to also clarify the current economic state of Igbos in Nigeria.

If Nigeria manages to stay together, Igbos will totally dominate its economy. The current economic trend proves it. This is the reason why Yorubas get frustrated and angry towards Igbos because they see what's coming. So, "one Nigeria" is becoming a curse for them because they never imagined that Igbos will come back and compete with them and win.

If Nigeria breaks up, it's gets a little tricky but the situation will still be in the favor of Igbos because it will now be an international relation between the two countries. The laws of ECOWAS and UN technically should protect Igbo investments in Nigeria. This means that it will be illegal to specifically target Igbo/biafran investments in Nigeria. IF that ever happens, it will crush investor confidence in the Nigerian struggling economy and will affect its relationship with rest of west African countries who can do the same to Nigerian citizens if they choose to.

Even if Nigerian government was successful at taking away all Igbo investments (mostly houses)in the former Nigeria, the level of capital and human flight the Nigerian economy will experience will be immense that it will crush whatever remains of it's economy. Stealing Igbos houses will never make the thief rich. The abandoned property saga is proof because most of the people who stole Igbos houses in portharcourt are still very poor today.

With all these said, I am not in any way encouraging Igbo businessmen to keep investing outside their homeland. All I am saying is that they should find creative ways to invest at home and spread their eggs in different basket. They can invest in Agriculture, Transport, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Housing and Comercial real estate, Tourism, Education etc. All these economic sectors can make an Igbo businessman good money in the east.

In conclusion, I am saying all these things because I want to make sure Igbos understand that they are at economic advantage and that advantage can be much stronger if they start investing at home. The reason I am optimistic is that Igbo sons and daughters for the most part have gotten the message. That's why we're experiencing the current real estate boom in the east that is not being witnessed in other parts of Nigeria outside Abuja and Lagos. Now other sectors are beginning to see investments. Anambra and Enugu are the best examples of what I am talking about.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cjrane2: 3:36am On Oct 04, 2015
NAIJASOM:

I will use this opportunity to not just to address your concerns but to also clarify the current economic state of Igbos in Nigeria.

If Nigeria manages to stay together, Igbos will totally dominate its economy. The current economic trend proves it. This is the reason why Yorubas get frustrated and angry towards Igbos because they see what's coming. So, "one Nigeria" is becoming a curse for them because they never imagined that Igbos will come back and compete with them and win.

If Nigeria breaks up, it's gets a little tricky but the situation will still be in the favor of Igbos because it will now be an international relation between the two countries. The laws of ECOWAS and UN technically should protect Igbo investments in Nigeria. This means that it will be illegal to specifically target Igbo/biafran investments in Nigeria. IF that ever happens, it will crush investor confidence in the Nigerian struggling economy and will affect its relationship with rest of west African countries who can do the same to Nigerian citizens if they choose to.

Even if Nigerian government was successful at taking away all Igbo investments (mostly houses)in the former Nigeria, the level of capital and human flight the Nigerian economy will experience will be immense that it will crush whatever remains of it's economy. Stealing Igbos houses will never make the thief rich. The abandoned property saga is proof because most of the people who stole Igbos houses in portharcourt are still very poor today.

With all these said, I am not in any way encouraging Igbo businessmen to keep investing outside their homeland. All I am saying is that they should find creative ways to invest at home and spread their eggs in different basket. They can invest in Agriculture, Transport, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Housing and Comercial real estate, Tourism, Education etc. All these economic sectors can make an Igbo businessman good money in the east.

In conclusion, I am saying all these things because I want to make sure Igbos understand that they are at economic advantage and that advantage can be much stronger if they start investing at home. The reason I am optimistic is that Igbo sons and daughters for the most part have gotten the message. That's why we're experiencing the current real estate boom in the east that is not being witnessed in other parts of Nigeria outside Abuja and Lagos. Now other sectors are beginning to see investments. Anambra and Enugu are the best examples of what I am talking about.

I am not one of those that engage in arguments simply for the sake of it. So. i won't indulge in fruitless arguments.

You have made some sensible points, as well as wild assumptions presuming Nigeria will be afraid of ecowas laws or Nigeria will stand idly by and allow you to go home with your money. I can tell you right now they will change the color of the local currency, and prohibit the handling of foreign currency and call it money laundering. Banks will be forbidden from transferring any money to igboland and with the new currency change implemented, all your nairas will suddenly become useless former currency which isn't a legal tender.That is just a tip of measures you can expect immediately.

The second wild assumption is that hausa and yoruba will play fairly and stand idly by and watch you dominate the economy as you believe you will. You also forgot that he that controls political power, can even cut his nose to spite his own face.

Buhari's currency restrictions even with JP Morgan's dropping of the Nigerian bond in protest which is hurting the economy, has not bothered Buhari to drop his archaic economic policy. Point i'm trying to make here is that steps will be taken to specifically frustrate you economically even if damages the Nigerian economy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Kingsley1000(m): 4:26am On Oct 04, 2015
tabletman1:

obiano is the worst governor anambra has ever produced........ tell me any road or project he has commissioned?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Kingsley1000(m): 4:29am On Oct 04, 2015
abagoro:

apuga sycophants won't agree with you
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chino11(m): 6:40am On Oct 04, 2015
B.astard get out from here and go to your useless and worthless imo state. We have nothing in common with you and the useless state you come from. You can see how every Igbo is avoiding you and your imo thread like a plague. That should tell you something. cool

[s]
abagoro:

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chino11(m): 6:44am On Oct 04, 2015
You ugly jobless old man I have warned you to stay far away from this thread very soon you will see me on that your useless imo state thread. You are not needed here because Anambra has nothing in common with that worthless state of yours. A very bitter frustrated old hag, it is not your business if he decides to commission it. We are Anambrans, we are not interested in your worthless imo state. Leave us alone, we are not brothers.

[s]
abagoro:

[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 7:44am On Oct 04, 2015
tabletman1:

What is the fuse about?.... So because we reason like Nigerians, we can't see that Obiano is now the 'Eye' & 'Face' of Anambra State!. He is The 'Chief' Marketer of Anambra State & I, if you like join yourself is another Marketer or Marketers!. The early you understands this, the better Anambra State becomes!.Govt of Anambra State is very busy now encouraging our people to invest in Anambra State!. God bless you!

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 7:53am On Oct 04, 2015
investnow2013:
What is the fuse about?.... So because we reason like Nigerian, we can't see that Obiano is now the 'Eye' & 'Face' of Anambra State!. He is The 'Chief' Marketer of Anambra State & I, if you like join yourself another Marketer or Marketers!.Govt of Anambra State is very busy now encouraging our people to invest at Anambra State!

I think you are right! The governor is indirectly telling investors that his government is supportive and ready to be with them at all times. This will ginger more people as most investors are trooping to Anambra and investing in various sectors of the economy. I like the attention he is paying to everyone just like when he commissioned this. Invest and call on the governor he will come to show solidarity

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by backtosender: 8:29am On Oct 04, 2015
Ofodirinwa:
the population in Nebraska is 1.88 million, and 770 of them produce more money from agriculture than 12 million fulanis.
the example in africa isn't an example, it's a circumstance of ignorance.
Those cows with black and white spots are mostly use for produce milks that is what they are meant for....
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:29am On Oct 04, 2015
Nigeria partners Benin on agric investment in Anambra state

BY MAX NDIANAEFOIN CULTURE
Delfarm Projects Limited is the operator of the Delfarm-Anambra-Songhai projects valued at an initial $50 million agreement with Anambra state. Delfarm Projects Ltd and Songhai Regional Centre, Bénin are to transform the farm settlements of Igbariam (which provided 338 hectares) and Ebenebe (providing the remaining of the 1000 hectares). The Delfarm-Anambra-Songhai Project is a unique integrated development framework that combines agriculture, technology, industry and services.

A tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) had been signed months earlier by the representatives of Anambra State (Governor Willie Obiano), Delfarm Projects Limited (Professor Emmanuel Egbogah) and Songhai Centre (Dr. Godfrey Nzamujo). The major objective of the project is to establish, manage and maintain four (4) specialized farms across the State’s three (3) senatorial zones. The project at its full scale is estimated to cost $1.4bn (One billion, four hundred million US dollars), will see the host communities, the land owners, getting an equity share of 5% of the total cost of investment

The Delfarm-Anambra-Songhai Project had commenced on 398 hectares of land and presently offers Training & Empowerment Centers to focus on Poultry, Animal Husbandry, Fishery, Cassava, Rice, etc.; and is producing various types of vegetables including: cucumber; carrots; lettuce (green and pink varieties); tomatoes; peppers and okra of different varieties; onions; Ugu leaves and Sorghum.

Delfarm’s afforestation project (which is also a part of the agreement) involves the replacement of felled palm trees with Teak Wood Trees, Acacia Trees, Pawpaw Trees, Mango Trees, as well as new Palm Trees. The modern techniques being deployed by Delfarm are expected to produce trees and crops which grow in record times, and the highest possible yields, at the same time, without using chemical fertilizers.

Songhaï Center Bénin, is an NGO empowering rural African communities, particularly farmers, youth, and women, by building their capacities to become agricultural, agribusiness, and handicraft entrepreneurs. Founded in 1985 by a Nigerian priest, Father Godfrey Nzamujo, it involves organic and sustainable production, training and research centers, and the development of innovative techniques and thinking in agriculture and handicrafts, using local human and natural resources and a holistic approach. The organization has grown from 1 to 6 centers across Benin and 11 in Nigeria. It is working with the Beninese government to open 7 additional centers, and with the UN to replicate its model in other African countries.

Today, Songhaï Center is 30 years old and works on over 550 hectares of land and 46 hectares of water, has approximately 1500 employees, 500 trainees and interns at any time of the year, 20,000 visitors per year, and has created a network of 250 farms delivering technical support and sharing experiences.

Delfarm Projects Limited, Nigeria is an innovator company of a unique system of community development that integrates technology in an industrial park setting where ideas are turned into enterprise with training and human resource development in a sustainable Agro Technological Industrial Environment.

Sources: ifeadinmesi.com, delfarm.org, songhai.org, Daily Trust

9 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:44am On Oct 04, 2015
‘Fast food business lucrative but…

Mazi Jude Nnamdi Nwosu is the Managing Director of Crunches Fried Chicken Limited, one of the quick service outlets servicing major cities in Southeast and South-south of Nigeria. In this interview with Sunny Nwankwo, he shares the success story of how together with his associates was able to build one of the vibrant fast food brands in that part of the country. Excerpts:

When did Crunches become operational?

The plan was in 2002. But officially, we opened doors to customers in 2003. We had our anniversary in 2013 when we became 10 years old in the industry and I can say thus far, we’ve been able to establish our brand, establish our sales and I believe that our customers in all these areas have come to terms with us by accepting our services, accepting what we do because without them, there is no way we could have expanded even beyond Aba where we started. But the confidence they have built around us is the reason we have been able to expand in such a fast way. It is not easy to open a fast food, let me not even use figures. When we started, because we were a startup, no bank was ready to talk to us, we sold out everything we had, borrowed personal funds and we were able to establish the first one. But of course, this wouldn’t have been possible without the chairman of the company, Mr. Mike Anazodo who was very dogged in his attitude to ensure that the business took off.

You have been involved in expansion of your brand in recent times across different regions. Can you tell us what informed the expansion programme so far?

For the past two years, Crunches decided to do something different, expand our scope in different states as it is usual with us and I can comfortably say as at now, Crunches has opened more than four new outlets in Asaba, Onitsha, Calabar and Uyo. For Calabar, Onitsha and Uyo, they are the second branches we are opening in those areas. This is to show our confidence in the economy of those towns and also to show how grateful we are to our customers who in the past years have supported our business in those areas, to say that we say thank you and bringing these outlets even closer to their doorsteps. Again, it is to provide better services and better quality products to our numerous customers.

As part of our expansion programme also, in the next couple of years, we are going to add value to the entertainment industry in Aba. From event centres to cinema halls to restaurants and this is going to change the face of the entertainment industry in Aba. As a matter of fact, a sister company is going to be opening a lounge very soon. Certainly it is still about the confidence we have in the economy of Aba, that we can make Aba a better place for its citizens. Very soon as well, we are going to open in Umuahia, one of the best restaurants that is going to show up in the South East, It’s going to be a mega business.

What do you want to achieve with this expansion?

Before now, we had 14 outlets cutting across the South East, South/South zones. With the expansion, we want to show our confidence in the economy of these areas and to remove from the unemployment line the young ones who have just graduated from school and also to mentor other businesses so that they can invest in these areas.

We had options of importing from China, but we decided not to do so, but to venture into this area of producing Chinese food locally to add value to the area where we currently operate.

As a brand what are your unique selling points?

You know, if you look at the slogan of Crunches, it says, “Taste the difference” and what we have added in our business right now, we say “Crunches plus” and again we created a slogan that said: “Step it up.” What we’ve done is to provide excellent service and better quality products and a wider range of products to our numerous customers. Before now, we were doing the normal fast food of rice, chicken and all that. But right now, we’ve added the Chinese variation because we have found out in most areas where we operate that customers would always ask you for simple things as spring roll, Chinese rice, things like that. So, we decided to bring them under one umbrella and make it such that our customers get these services less than five minutes. Before now, you go a Chinese restaurant and you order for any of the Chinese food, you wait for over twenty minutes before it could get to you. But now we compress that into fast food environment where you come in, within a couple of minutes, you are served, remember with the best quality of products.

Another thing is our ability to connect with our customers. When we got into the business, we realised that children are the driving force in any family. Once you bring children to any place, be it a church and they like it, 90 percent chances are that they are going to drag you into it whether you like it or not. Most of the time, parents want to satisfy their children’s yearning. Yes it was a strong point when we opened Crunches and we had a wonderful children’s section. And to start with, whence a parent brings his child into Crunches at that time, it was difficult for that child to leave and by implication, the parent had to wait and by waiting, he would taste our food and by tasting our food, he will get to like one thing and gradually it will become a family thing.

During the kidnapping era, a lot of businessmen left the city but you remained behind, why did you take that decision?

Let me simply put it this way, till this hour, the economy of Aba has not improved so much because of lack of infrastructure in Abia State. But having said that, I’m one person that believes in the economy of Aba and Abia State in general. If all of us had left Abia state at that time you were talking about, who would have taken care of our teeming youngsters? I will not take God’s glory. I think it was the grace of God that kept us here during the kidnapping era. Let me not say because I was not kidnapped meant that I was holier. No. The truth of the matter is that I believed and I had faith that I was not going to leave Aba for any other place. I stayed here throughout that period.

We all experienced the downturn in business that time. At a point, we were not even paying salary to our workers because there were no customers coming to buy because everybody ran away. But we had hope that God would do His own thing at His own time and He certainly did it.

Crunches has been in business for the past 12 years, what is your market share like?

Let me say that we are the market leader in most of the places where we play and again I give God the glory because it is not by our power or might. But while He is doing His own, as mortals, we also ensure that we do our own beat. Like as I said, we’ve been able to invest much on training and re-training of our staff to be able to provide good and quality services to our customers because it is not easy to have one person who could have cooked in his house, come to you on daily basis to buy food from you. So what do you do, you are keeping an environment that is convivial for this customer to come and relax and enjoy that few minutes that he is with you, so you want to make sure that every time the customer shows up in your outlet that he is comfortable, that he is well taken care of, that he enjoys every minute of his stay so that when he comes back the next time he would have a reason to come back to you.

What advice do you have for people who want to go into fast food business?

The advice is very simple, you have to do a business plan, you need to be advised by business managers to be able to know if you are in the right place for the business you are venturing into, if you have the right attitude to do that business because you might have N1b and you want to go into a business, if you do not have the right attitude, if you don’t have the passion for that particular business, it will certainly fail.

Let me tell you something, from time to time, people come to me to seek advice on how to start a fast food business. Apples came to me and I advised them, they are thriving. As we speak, they have built three branches. If my advice was wrong, they would not have gone far into the business. I tell you that Spicy Shop came to me when they wanted to start this business and I advised them. From the small to the big, in fact, to everything that is used to start the business, I gave them the advice, therefore I don’t see them as competitors, I see them as partners because at the end of the day, the fast food business is a neighbourhood business. If I’m in a location, somebody from another location may not be able to come and buy from me, so there is the need for somebody to open up at that end of the location to carter for those who will show up from that area. Again, the more you open up fast food, the more you have more customers coming into the business.

When we’re trying to open up the first Crunches in Aba, I remember the advice someone gave me that Mr. Biggs was already there, ‘Are you sure you want to go and compete with UAC? But I remember I said to the individual who was telling me this that UAC was run by human beings, not people from outer space, that if they could do it, we certainly will do it and we sure did. And by the end of the day, Mr. Biggs is still there, we are still there and others have joined us since then and what you now do is to be able to get your own market share and stay there.....................Pix(1) Mr Nwosu( A great Igboman)Daalu Nwanne!

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 04, 2015
tabletman1:

so hotel is no more investment..

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 12:22pm On Oct 04, 2015
Young Anambra's Great Philantropist & Mega Billioneer Mr Godwin Maduka Welcoming some guest at his Home In Umuchukwu Orumba-South of Anambra State!. Anyi Nwere Evu nwe nkwo!.Great investments are coming to Umuchukwu.....Makana Aku ruo uno amala Onye nwe ya!. Umu nke ife na ebunata Aku ha na uno!

9 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 12:44pm On Oct 04, 2015
Umuchukwu: How deity community became glorious city!!!

…As philanthropist liberates his people

The Umuchukwu community in Orumba South Local government Area of Anambra State formerly known as Nkerehi before the name was changed in 2008 after a referendum and government gazette was then known for poverty, idolatry and underdevelopment.
But the people have gone through the valley of the shadows of death and came out triumphant.
The community, which is made up of five villages namely Isiama, Umueze, Uhu, Umualaoma, Umuana, shares common boundary with Ogbunka community and Abia State.
Before the wind of change blew in Umuchukwu community, the community was like a cursed area with several ugly stories until one of its sons, Dr. Godwin Maduka, an American-trained physician, decided to carry the cross of liberating the people from the shackles of poverty, idolatry and backwardness.
Giving an insight into the pitiable nature of the community before Maduka’s intervention, a native, Mr Godwin Duru said:
“We were like caged people. We had one or two people who were opportune to be educated and had left the shores of the country . But while the few seemed to be comfortable in their own way, the rest of the community was running around in circles with nothing to boast of. While poverty was ravaging us as individuals, our community lacked all the basic amenities of living that made life to stop at our neighboring communities while we lived in another world altogether.”
Oriental News gathered that it was Dr Maduka, chief medical director, Las Vegas Pain Institute, who decided to take the risk of changing the face of the community through empowerment of the youths, education and development projects.
According to Duru, at the heat of the struggle to effect a positive change, Christians in the community after a revelation during prayers made efforts to change the name of the community from Nkerehi to Umuchukwu.
Also Mr Nnamdi Okoli in a chat with Oriental News talked about the revelations and what happened after moves to effect the change.
“The name Nkerehi is an ancient name which by prayers it was revealed that it literarily means those who struggle to get anything or those who delighted in snatching cows from people by force. It was by the same divine revelation in prayers that we elected to change our name to Umuchukwu which means the children of God or God’s children. But those who wanted us to remain in our backward state vowed to truncate our struggle, but in the end I can say that in line with the reigning song of Korede Bello that God –win”
In the struggle for the name change and attracting of development projects in the community, those opposed to the wheel of progress instigated trouble and division in the community.
He said that things got to a point where attempts were made on people’s lives and property were destroyed as the instigators labeled Dr. Maduka as a religious zealot and one who wanted to use his money to control everybody.
But Maduka was said to be unfazed by all the criticism as he continued to look for ways of improving the living condition of his people.
It was during that turbulent period that former governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi after seeing Maduka’s genuine efforts also remembered the community. Before Obi left office, he constructed the Umuchukwu, Ogbunka road, Owerri-Ezukala –Umuchukwu road, provided a five-class room block, new transformer and security vehicle for the community.
But it was Maduka’s unusual philanthropy that really changed the face of the community.
During the recent burial of his elder brother and the traditional prime minister of the community, Chief Obioma Maduka, visitors marveled on the great transformation that has taken place in the community courtesy of Dr Maduka.
Presently, several new buildings are springing up in the community, projects being executed by those whom Dr. Maduka has trained in choice professional courses in the university and also others empowered in their various businesses.
A volunteer who took Oriental News round the community noted that no single individual has ever done what the man has done, saying that he had to endure all the pains and insults heaped on him by those who are simply jealous that he has decided to live his life for others to be happy.
Valentine Obienyem, who represented former Governor Obi at the burial ceremony while mourning the late traditional prime minister, described Dr Maduka as “the proverbial tree that made a forest of the thick Amazon type.”
Among the structures that have sprung up in Umuchukwu through the Godwin Maduka Foundation, are about 90 living houses built and donated to the poor in the community replacing their huts.
The Catholic priest in charge of St. Jude’s Catholic Church, Umuchukwu, Rev. Fr. Maximus Muojekwu, reflecting on the journey so far in the community, said that Maduka has built a city.
He said that he was overwhelmed that an individual would make such a huge investment for his people.
Another native, Godwin Ezeji said that the Godwin Maduka Foundation has also sponsored 90 per cent of the lawyers in the community while there are about 450 children enjoying his scholarship.
“There is also a 14 storey building, the first of its kind in the community and another structure of 60 room apartment meant for workers in the community,” he said.
But Dr Maduka described what he does for his community as little acts of philanthropy, which came about from meager earnings in his medical practice out of necessity so as to alleviate the plight of his people.
Hear him: “Everybody knows that about 10 to 20 years ago, we cannot boast of any single amenity including pipe borne water as everything eluded us. Anybody growing up in that environment will have no choice than to do something about it. I started this many years ago with the little money I earn. When you see people living in thatched houses in this age and you know you can do something about it, you will not have rest in that situation. It is necessity that pushes me to do this because you can’t make money to buy a fine car and you come home and discover that many people around you are suffering and dying while you keep silent.”
Talking about those who fanned the embers of discord in the community while people like him were struggling to liberate the people, Maduka said that it was those who struggled to paint him black that eventually propelled him to higher heights, saying that “truth will always triumph over falsehood.”
He said the love for his people still propels him to keep struggling to better their lives as he asked God to forgive those who hurt him while he keeps asking for God’s strength to keep touching lives through his chosen field of medicine.( See The picture below of The 14 Story Skyscrapper being built by My Godwin Maduka in The rural Village Community of Umuchukwu Anambra State)

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 1:14pm On Oct 04, 2015
Godwin Maduka: A quintessential philanthropist

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.”

The above dictum by the erstwhile African nationalist and President of South Africa, Nelson Mandela, best describes the pristine virtue of human existence, which is founded on kindness, gregariousness, amiability, generosity and love.

For the people of Umuchukwu Community in Orumba South Local Government Area of Anambra State, Dr. Godwin Maduka is an embodiment of impactful living. Like a meteor, he was destined by providence to burn so that their world may be lighted. He was described in the programme of event for Umuchukwu Day of Thanksgiving to God in 2007 as “one whose magnanimity has touched every sphere of human endeavour within and outside his immediate environment” all in succinct recognition of his numerous strides in improving the lots of his people.

Born to the family of Maduka in the then Nkerehi (now Umuchukwu) community in Orumba South Local Government Area of Anambra State, the young Maduka had his early childhood education in the country before proceeding to the United States of America where he studied Chemistry, Pharmacy and Medicine excelling in all these academic disciplines in flying colours.

Dr. Godwin Maduka bagged a Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry from Rut College Holy Spring Mississippi in 1984 and a Doctor of Pharmacy Degree from Mercer University of Pharmacy Atlanta Georgia in 1988. He equally completed his Internal Medicine Internship at the University of Tennessee School of Medicine with a Doctor of Medicine Degree before proceeding to the prestigious Harvard University School of Medicine where he completed his Graduate Medical Training, specializing in Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Management in 1997. He is the founder of Las Vegas Pain Institute which focuses on the unique needs of each individual pain patient and development of new levels of relief for all types of pain. He is a recipient of the prestigious “Heart Beat of Africa Award”.

Particularly striking about the personality of this great Nigerian is the fact that unlike his compeers in diaspora, Dr. Maduka never allowed the allure of western life and the concomitant prevailing culture of individualism becloud his sense of communitarian living that is the hallmark of traditional African societies. Hence, he has consistently kept in touch with his local communities through his numerous laudable developmental projects, which span education, economy, transportation, religion, water resources, leisure and recreation, peace-building, hospitality, employment and human capital development, youth empowerment, charities, security, health and philanthropy to mention a few.

Prior to Dr. Maduka’s interventions, Umuchukwu Community which shares common boundary with Abia State virtually had no government presence. The community could only boast of a dilapidated Community Primary School with no secondary school nor hospital, police station and motorable road. He commenced and single-handedly completed the construction of St. Jude Catholic Pro-Cathedral Umuchukwu including a huge mansion for resident priests and in addition sponsored the church to become an independent parish. He also built Umuchukwu Civic Centre, Umuchukwu magistrate Court complex, Umuchukwu Nigeria Police Station made up of four one-storey buildings, and one five-storey and a two-storey block for Trinity Hospital and Maternity with fully equipped ambulance services. Others include the construction of the ultra-modern Immaculate Concept International College together with teachers’ quarters, a magnificent edifice for the traditional ruler of the community reminiscence of the kind of abode inhabited by traditional rulers in other parts of the country and donated exotic cars to ordained priests from the community as well as to other well-meaning indigenes of the community.

Dualization of Owerre-Ezukala-Umuchukwu as well as Umuchukwu-Ogbunka roads were all possible thanks to the kind generosity of Dr. Godwin Maduka who also has, at different occasions, defrayed the cost of accumulated electricity bills of his people amounting to millions of naira all in an effort to ensure that his people never stayed in darkness.

Other areas of interventions by this illustrious African include renovations of St. Paul’s Anglican Church Umuchukwu the residence of the Parish Priest of the said church as well as the comatose Community Primary School; provision of free medical services to indigent indigenes of the community, and award of scholarship to more than thirty persons studying in various institutions of higher learning.

Dr. Maduka has equally built houses for the less privileged both in Umuchukwu and Owerre-Ezukala, a neighbouring community. His youth empowerment programmes span also the provision of soft loans, cars motorbikes and buses to youths and youth groups in the community. He has, through his contacts, secured employment to many graduates even as he has provided succor to the aged, bereaved and infirm.

As a way of boosting the moral and spiritual rejuvenation of his people, Dr. Maduka spearheaded the siting of monastry at Umuchukwu and actually doled out millions of naira in materials and logistics to make that dream a reality. He embarked on gigantic rural water scheme and by so doing successfully delivered clean potable water to his people and the inhabitants of neighbouring communities. This singular initiative has enhanced the health conditions of his people as it has effectively curtailed outbreak of water borne diseases and other communicable diseases that hitherto ravaged the community. He also constructed two bridges linking Umuchukwu and Ogbunka and by so doing strengthened inter-communal relationship between the two communities.

Even in the face of needless provocations and bile by a few disgruntled individuals in the community who at a point elected to disparage, impugn this great icon of generosity for standing for the general good of his people, Dr. Maduka has remained undeterred, firm, unfazed and fearless according to his own conscience in the service of his people. Little wonder he has resolved to set up a state-of-the art pharmaceutical plant at Umunze. Work is also ongoing at the fourteen storey Community Building Complex which upon completion would serve many purposes including recreation, shopping malls, conference venues and so on for various government and non-governmental organizations.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by patrick89(m): 1:45pm On Oct 04, 2015
investnow2013:
Umuchukwu: How deity community became glorious city!!!

…As philanthropist liberates his people

The Umuchukwu community in Orumba South Local government Area of Anambra State formerly known as Nkerehi before the name was changed in 2008 after a referendum and government gazette was then known for poverty, idolatry and underdevelopment.
But the people have gone through the valley of the shadows of death and came out triumphant.
The community, which is made up of five villages namely Isiama, Umueze, Uhu, Umualaoma, Umuana, shares common boundary with Ogbunka community and Abia State.
Before the wind of change blew in Umuchukwu community, the community was like a cursed area with several ugly stories until one of its sons, Dr. Godwin Maduka, an American-trained physician, decided to carry the cross of liberating the people from the shackles of poverty, idolatry and backwardness.
Giving an insight into the pitiable nature of the community before Maduka’s intervention, a native, Mr Godwin Duru said:
“We were like caged people. We had one or two people who were opportune to be educated and had left the shores of the country . But while the few seemed to be comfortable in their own way, the rest of the community was running around in circles with nothing to boast of. While poverty was ravaging us as individuals, our community lacked all the basic amenities of living that made life to stop at our neighboring communities while we lived in another world altogether.”
Oriental News gathered that it was Dr Maduka, chief medical director, Las Vegas Pain Institute, who decided to take the risk of changing the face of the community through empowerment of the youths, education and development projects.
According to Duru, at the heat of the struggle to effect a positive change, Christians in the community after a revelation during prayers made efforts to change the name of the community from Nkerehi to Umuchukwu.
Also Mr Nnamdi Okoli in a chat with Oriental News talked about the revelations and what happened after moves to effect the change.
“The name Nkerehi is an ancient name which by prayers it was revealed that it literarily means those who struggle to get anything or those who delighted in snatching cows from people by force. It was by the same divine revelation in prayers that we elected to change our name to Umuchukwu which means the children of God or God’s children. But those who wanted us to remain in our backward state vowed to truncate our struggle, but in the end I can say that in line with the reigning song of Korede Bello that God –win”
In the struggle for the name change and attracting of development projects in the community, those opposed to the wheel of progress instigated trouble and division in the community.
He said that things got to a point where attempts were made on people’s lives and property were destroyed as the instigators labeled Dr. Maduka as a religious zealot and one who wanted to use his money to control everybody.
But Maduka was said to be unfazed by all the criticism as he continued to look for ways of improving the living condition of his people.
It was during that turbulent period that former governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi after seeing Maduka’s genuine efforts also remembered the community. Before Obi left office, he constructed the Umuchukwu, Ogbunka road, Owerri-Ezukala –Umuchukwu road, provided a five-class room block, new transformer and security vehicle for the community.
But it was Maduka’s unusual philanthropy that really changed the face of the community.
During the recent burial of his elder brother and the traditional prime minister of the community, Chief Obioma Maduka, visitors marveled on the great transformation that has taken place in the community courtesy of Dr Maduka.
Presently, several new buildings are springing up in the community, projects being executed by those whom Dr. Maduka has trained in choice professional courses in the university and also others empowered in their various businesses.
A volunteer who took Oriental News round the community noted that no single individual has ever done what the man has done, saying that he had to endure all the pains and insults heaped on him by those who are simply jealous that he has decided to live his life for others to be happy.
Valentine Obienyem, who represented former Governor Obi at the burial ceremony while mourning the late traditional prime minister, described Dr Maduka as “the proverbial tree that made a forest of the thick Amazon type.”
Among the structures that have sprung up in Umuchukwu through the Godwin Maduka Foundation, are about 90 living houses built and donated to the poor in the community replacing their huts.
The Catholic priest in charge of St. Jude’s Catholic Church, Umuchukwu, Rev. Fr. Maximus Muojekwu, reflecting on the journey so far in the community, said that Maduka has built a city.
He said that he was overwhelmed that an individual would make such a huge investment for his people.
Another native, Godwin Ezeji said that the Godwin Maduka Foundation has also sponsored 90 per cent of the lawyers in the community while there are about 450 children enjoying his scholarship.
“There is also a 14 storey building, the first of its kind in the community and another structure of 60 room apartment meant for workers in the community,” he said.
But Dr Maduka described what he does for his community as little acts of philanthropy, which came about from meager earnings in his medical practice out of necessity so as to alleviate the plight of his people.
Hear him: “Everybody knows that about 10 to 20 years ago, we cannot boast of any single amenity including pipe borne water as everything eluded us. Anybody growing up in that environment will have no choice than to do something about it. I started this many years ago with the little money I earn. When you see people living in thatched houses in this age and you know you can do something about it, you will not have rest in that situation. It is necessity that pushes me to do this because you can’t make money to buy a fine car and you come home and discover that many people around you are suffering and dying while you keep silent.”
Talking about those who fanned the embers of discord in the community while people like him were struggling to liberate the people, Maduka said that it was those who struggled to paint him black that eventually propelled him to higher heights, saying that “truth will always triumph over falsehood.”
He said the love for his people still propels him to keep struggling to better their lives as he asked God to forgive those who hurt him while he keeps asking for God’s strength to keep touching lives through his chosen field of medicine.( See The picture below of The 14 Story Skyscrapper being built by My Godwin Maduka in The rural Village Community of Umuchukwu Anambra State)

My goodness (in nnamdi's voicee) this is what we should be talking about!!! Tomorrow now so foolish and hollow minds will be saying igbos don't like Themselves, these are the things we could have used media to sensationalise, and challenge other rich people to do same! I decry lack of media in SE as one of our greatest setbacks! ! The thing is eating me up.. we have a lot to showcase! A Lot a lot I mean plenty!! People are asking questions about igbos only on social media... we need a premium media house that we be very strategic in doing a multitask on igboland ! Who will bell the cat and champion this course? We need media to brush aside so many evil stereotypes like we don't invest home(for others to do more), we don't like ourselves, we too greedy, we don't help each other, bla bla bla rubbish rubbish some gullible ones feed on.... Mennh, this kind of gesture will shame so many rich people in igboland... but there is no media to showcase this *crying* cry cry cry cry cry embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 1:45pm On Oct 04, 2015
In Anambra State of Today,Nobody Take Notice of You or Regard You As A Billioneer unless You build Industry or Any investments in your Village or Any where in the State that employs People!. Thank God Our Richmen & Women are Bigginning to Understand that Charity Begins Not in the North or in The West, But in The East/ Anambra State Which is Our Home!.

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 1:52pm On Oct 04, 2015
patrick89:

My goodness (in nnamdi's voicee) this is what we should be talking about!!! Tomorrow now so foolish and hollow minds will be saying igbos don't like Themselves, these are the things we could have used media to sensationalise, and challenge other rich people to do same! I decry lack of media in SE as one of our greatest setbacks! ! The thing is eating me up.. we have a lot to showcase! A Lot a lot I mean plenty!! People are asking questions about igbos only on social media... we need a premium media house that we be very strategic in doing a multitask on igboland ! Who will bell the cat and champion this course? We need media to brush aside so many evil stereotypes like we don't invest home(for others to do more), we don't like ourselves, we too greedy, we don't help each other, bla bla bla rubbish rubbish some gullible ones feed on.... Mennh, this kind of gesture will shame so many rich people in igboland... but there is no media to showcase this *crying* cry cry cry cry cry embarassed
Nwanne You can start it little by little by projecting the Best in Alaigbo Village by Village, People by People for people to see & then the Great Igbo Media will finally arrive!.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 9inches(m): 1:58pm On Oct 04, 2015
Kingsley1000:
obiano is the worst governor anambra has ever produced........ tell me any road or project he has commissioned?
Mumu, if you are elected as governor, you will start commissioning roads the day you are sworn in. You lack common sense. Mtchew!

9 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 2:28pm On Oct 04, 2015
investnow2013:
Young Anambra's Great Philantropist & Mega Billioneer Mr Godwin Maduka Welcoming some guest at his Home In Umuchukwu Orumba-South of Anambra State!. Anyi Nwere Evu nwe nkwo!.Great investments are coming to Umuchukwu.....Makana Aku ruo uno amala Onye nwe ya!. Umu nke ife na ebunata Aku ha na uno!
I've heard about this man. I learnt he is mega wealthy in the US. It good he didn't forget his roots..

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 7:31am On Oct 05, 2015
I will love to ask, who will attend the workshop in awka on Nov 11/12 about Industrial collapse in the state.

I am trying to get information about Mr Felix Okeke maybe we can arrange something. I want to use the opportunity to compile these good points and raise it in that forum.

I don't know if I am in the right direction.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by patrick89(m): 8:12am On Oct 05, 2015
VickJames:
I will love to ask, who will attend the workshop in awka on Nov 11/12 about Industrial collapse in the state.

I am trying to get information about Mr Felix Okeke maybe we can arrange something. I want to use the opportunity to compile these good points and raise it in that forum.

I don't know if I am in the right direction.
Venue?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 8:14am On Oct 05, 2015
patrick89:
Venue?
At Awka

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.