Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,046 members, 7,849,231 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:50 PM

Why Edo People Like Big Grammar? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Edo People Like Big Grammar? (2870 Views)

Why Edo Should Vote For Jonathan- PDP / Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon / Nigerians And Big Grammar? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Edo People Like Big Grammar? by doyin13(m): 4:07am On Apr 02, 2009
It would seem this Edo Syndrome has spread to the ancient city of Ibadan
where the special assistant on communication to the governor came up with
a classic composition Igodo Megodo would be proud of. Here he is celebrating, a
bit prematurely as it turned out, PDP' victory in the courts in Osun state.

The case of the Oyo State special adviser on Public Communications, Mr. Dotun Oyelade, is particularly outstanding. While the case of Oyinlola vs Aregbesola was going on at the Appeal court, Oyelade, in a bid to prove to his bosses that he was working so hard, took up his dictionary and writing materials.

Having believed the PDP had gotten everything covered, he issued a press statement through electronic mail. He had written that ”…pitted against corser judgment, hallucinating in a Pyrrhic victory that was at best a make belief… clawing to a fragile gambit of forensic nonsense and harmless phone conversations, the opposition failed to intimidate the discerning judiciary with their war mongering partisan noises…”
Re: Why Edo People Like Big Grammar? by Jakumo(m): 4:15am On Apr 02, 2009
An individual like this would be the perfect choice to explain why the whole of Nigeria has been deprived of electricity for the past 20 years.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullchit,
Re: Why Edo People Like Big Grammar? by rume(m): 4:22am On Apr 02, 2009
It's not an Edo thing, is it? undecided
Well I grew up in Benin and I know many old people ''spake a lot of English''.
Oh Ibadan is learning well then,

Obahiagbon communicates as far as I'm concerned but only with people of his ''vocabularistic callibre'' (like me, lol)
and not mere nigerian-english speaking people.
His speeches are exams, and I'm quite sure many people will fail. tongue
Re: Why Edo People Like Big Grammar? by rume(m): 4:27am On Apr 02, 2009
but seriously, sometimes it's just amusing the way it sounds.
Listen so you can respect/laugh/or learn a new word and look it up 'google' as it may not be in a normal dictionary.
Re: Why Edo People Like Big Grammar? by doyin13(m): 4:51am On Apr 02, 2009
Jakumo:

An individual like this would be the perfect choice to explain why the whole of Nigeria has been deprived of electricity for the past 20 years.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullchit,

lol. . .

Jakumo, I am sure you can rustle up something to explain the electricity situation too. . .with Edo flair if u please
Re: Why Edo People Like Big Grammar? by patwilly(m): 12:24am On Dec 16, 2018
Jakumo:
This disconcerting and disorienting predisposition and predilection towards grandiloquent, tautological or vituperative oratory calisthenics should not under any circumstances be arrogated to the Edo demographic delineation exclusively, given that the Nigerian socio-political and enthno-geographic undulations teem with myriad individuals of diversified anthropogenic classification who analogously exhibit a marked equivalence of subsumed restraint or compunction with respect to their persistent and wanton deconstructive mutilation of the Queen's language.
Resurrecting the legend that is jakumo. come back to nairaland old timer!
Re: Why Edo People Like Big Grammar? by Ballotti: 12:47am On Dec 16, 2018
This was DA real NL. . . . . ! cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Negative Effects Of Hip Hop Culture In The Nigerian Society. / EXCLUSIVE | Buhari Panics Over Threat Of Military Coup, Appoints New CSO / #biafrexit Latest Update. SCREENSHOT.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.