Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,920 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Revealed: These Are What Decent Nigerian Ladies Really Want From Men. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Revealed: These Are What Decent Nigerian Ladies Really Want From Men. (1336 Views)

These Phrases Are Liable To Make Some Ladies Really Mad At You / An Apology Letter From Men To Women / Ladies What Romantic Gestures Would You Appreciate From Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revealed: These Are What Decent Nigerian Ladies Really Want From Men. by Onyiridike(f): 8:25pm On Oct 02, 2014
Often times, some members (men) on this forum have asked Nigerian ladies what they really want from them. Unfortunately, some of us do shy away from such questions and even when we manage to answer them, we do so in a shallow manner.

Consequently, I have taken it upon myself to give a detailed answer to the best of my ability. If we refuse to tell them what we want, then why do we complain when they do things the wrong way.

This is not actually long, but thought it will help those guys out there who are used to thinking that impressing girls with swaga and 'fake' appearance will make them fall in love. You got to read this.

Let's get started:

1. Getting a girl of your dreams is like getting your dream car. However, unlike a car which you can always bargain for, there is nothing like a 20% discount in courting the girl of your dreams. She is so sweet a thing to be discounted.

2. You dearly are in love with her and your feelings for her can only be communicated not by the words of the mouth, but by the words of the heart. Getting the girl actually depends on how big your heart is-faint heart, never won fair lady.

3. The first dating idea for any man is to make a good impression. In your doing so, you don't have to talk, dress or do the common things that all Toms do to get a decent girl's attention. Be unique, that is all you need. Be a man of his own style.

4. Dress decently- indecency can make one to be mistaken for arrogance.

5. Watch your language-obscene language gives the impression of immaturity, being uncultured and cheap; be man of good habits-don't drink or smoke like any other loser.

6. How to make her fall in love with you? Take your time. Add some romance to your dating style.

During my NYSC, a certain guy had a crush on me in our first year. Though all guys were after me, he managed to divert my attention from the other guys. He wrote me three letters without disclosing his identity and slid them into my room secretly. All he said was 'Yours Secret Admirer'. The first letter contained the meaning of my name. The second funny message that could be read backwards and it was all about my physique and smartness. In the third letter, he told me to be ready to receive special gift from my admirer but only if I could be kind enough to call him using the number that he included in the letter. The rest is now history. No one has ever approached me in this manner.

7. Understanding the lady you are out to get is next important thing. This is what he did. A lady has to be loved, adored and be needed. This will bring two of you closer. Try to understand what she likes and dislikes and what her style is.

8. Be sure that bringing out the selflessness friend in you will make her create room for you in her heart. A shoulder to lean on and some good friends that she can always turn to is what a lady wants.

9. Please, don't hastitate to be helpful and supportive. Be that friend that rekindles her zeal of hardworking and restoring hope back into her life when she looses hope. This above all other things will make you her daily vitamin simply because you will bring out the best in her in terms of personality and character.

There was a day that we attended a seminar and we decided we are not going to speak to each other verbally, so he wrote a love note on a paper and passed it across the table to me. I replied and on and on we carried on our love on paper conversation till we almost exhausted a whole rim of paper. Such are the things that made me embrace his world.

10. Don't kiss her when she expects you to. Your respect as a gentleman will be earned on how patient you are with her when it comes to such matters as kissing her and accessing her inner graces. The writing is on the wall that you want her but you can't have her just yet.

11. Try to show her that men are also hard to get at times.

12. Be like that gardener watching a fruit as it hangs on the tree, day after day admiring it, but excercising tremendous self-discipline, neither feeling the fruit nor pitching it, nor testing it to see if it is ready. And then, one day he holds out his hand and the fruit simply drops into it, ripe, warm and eager to be eaten.

Finally, I wish you to meet the girl of your dreams ASAP, make her fall in love with you, and make her feel the happiest girl on earth.

Nairaland ladies, what do you want from your man?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed: These Are What Decent Nigerian Ladies Really Want From Men. by loswhite(m): 8:37pm On Oct 02, 2014
You should backdate your post to 1980 cos in 2014 these are just story 4 d gods smiley
Re: Revealed: These Are What Decent Nigerian Ladies Really Want From Men. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
I know this is awkwardly awkward but, pictures or ADONBILIVIT. angry angry
Re: Revealed: These Are What Decent Nigerian Ladies Really Want From Men. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 02, 2014
loswhite: You should backdate your post to 1980 cos in 2014 these are just story 4 d gods smiley
seconded, Thirded and fourthed. angry

1 Like

Re: Revealed: These Are What Decent Nigerian Ladies Really Want From Men. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 02, 2014
Thank you for this. I'm gonna re-strategize grin
Re: Revealed: These Are What Decent Nigerian Ladies Really Want From Men. by Onyiridike(f): 9:03pm On Oct 02, 2014
SmellMyFart: Thank you for this. I'm gonna re-strategize grin

You are welcome, please do.

1 Like

Re: Revealed: These Are What Decent Nigerian Ladies Really Want From Men. by Onyiridike(f): 9:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
loswhite: You should backdate your post to 1980 cos in 2014 these are just story 4 d gods smiley
More reasons why relationships don't work out today. We experience more divorce than in the 80's.

1 Like

Re: Revealed: These Are What Decent Nigerian Ladies Really Want From Men. by Andy790(m): 9:20pm On Oct 02, 2014
am tired of readin theories on ladies....
But am not tired of having them....

1 Like

Re: Revealed: These Are What Decent Nigerian Ladies Really Want From Men. by mcdreeezy: 9:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
I wonder who takes all these lists serious
Re: Revealed: These Are What Decent Nigerian Ladies Really Want From Men. by Onyiridike(f): 9:36pm On Oct 02, 2014
mcdreeezy: I wonder who takes all these lists serious

You will do them when you find the one that you truly love.
Re: Revealed: These Are What Decent Nigerian Ladies Really Want From Men. by Charles4075(m): 9:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
After doing all this, yet she will tell you that you were never who she wanted.. Crap

1 Like

Re: Revealed: These Are What Decent Nigerian Ladies Really Want From Men. by mcdreeezy: 9:57pm On Oct 02, 2014
Onyiridike:

You will do them when you find the one that you truly love.
And how do I know when I truly love someone?
Re: Revealed: These Are What Decent Nigerian Ladies Really Want From Men. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
Na waoo, all these just to make her your 'princess' ?

When it comes to relationship, 'what will be will be abeg'

*yawns*.... strolls outta thread
Re: Revealed: These Are What Decent Nigerian Ladies Really Want From Men. by 100Cents: 10:48pm On Oct 02, 2014
I just dey sleep..

Re: Revealed: These Are What Decent Nigerian Ladies Really Want From Men. by Crocz(m): 10:55pm On Oct 02, 2014
When will people and the world understands that what's good for the "goose" is NOT always good for the "gander"?...world's most misconceived concept! *sigh*
Re: Revealed: These Are What Decent Nigerian Ladies Really Want From Men. by mesoade(m): 11:05pm On Oct 02, 2014
Story for the gods. . . Your points are right,

i meant right in the 80's
Re: Revealed: These Are What Decent Nigerian Ladies Really Want From Men. by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
100Cents: I just dey sleep..

you're always sleeping...lol
Re: Revealed: These Are What Decent Nigerian Ladies Really Want From Men. by aholiab(m): 5:04am On Oct 03, 2014
op no doubt you have said alot and many worth of note. But considering your piece, what makes me think there isnt a heavy personal bias? Like Olivia Pope says 'its your world, your rules'.

Have you done Gary Chapman's love 5 languages? you would understand that speaking peoples love language and dialects requires an extensive period of time.

I really would fancy more correspondence on bbm. Like you rightly said "decent ladies", but ladies first are a dying specie. And decent? I refuse to say its an exaggeration.

Anyways thanks alot for posting and anticipating better communication
Re: Revealed: These Are What Decent Nigerian Ladies Really Want From Men. by Nobody: 5:17am On Oct 03, 2014
all i see is crap,none of this is unique and secure good gal,Op do your research properly before coming to publick forum

cheers
Re: Revealed: These Are What Decent Nigerian Ladies Really Want From Men. by Nobody: 5:53am On Oct 03, 2014
Be like that gardener watching a fruit as it hangs on the tree, day after day admiring it, but
excercising tremendous self-discipline, neither feeling the fruit nor pitching it, nor testing it to see if it
is ready. And then, one day he holds out his hand and the fruit simply drops into it, ripe, warm and
eager to be eaten.
I like this part, gave a clear picture of all u typed.
Re: Revealed: These Are What Decent Nigerian Ladies Really Want From Men. by vikkyboboski(m): 6:05am On Oct 03, 2014
so na all this I go do to get d lady of my dream, if I used half of my time for dis to pursue wealth , I might end up becoming richest man in naija so tell me , which lady won't want for wat so ever. mtcheew!

Re: Revealed: These Are What Decent Nigerian Ladies Really Want From Men. by 100Cents: 6:22am On Oct 03, 2014
vikkyboboski: so na all this I go do to get d lady of my dream, if I used half of my time for dis to pursue wealth , I might end up becoming richest man in naija so tell me , which lady won't want for wat so ever. mtcheew!

Correct man !
Re: Revealed: These Are What Decent Nigerian Ladies Really Want From Men. by 100Cents: 6:22am On Oct 03, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

you're always sleeping...lol

Yes dear..
Re: Revealed: These Are What Decent Nigerian Ladies Really Want From Men. by youngds: 6:34am On Oct 03, 2014

narrow minded, add some positivity in your life!!
Re: Revealed: These Are What Decent Nigerian Ladies Really Want From Men. by agabaI23(m): 2:37pm On Dec 23, 2014
Onyiridike:
Often times, some members (men) on this forum have asked Nigerian ladies what they really want from them. Unfortunately, some of us do shy away from such questions and even when we manage to answer them, we do so in a shallow manner.

Consequently, I have taken it upon myself to give a detailed answer to the best of my ability. If we refuse to tell them what we want, then why do we complain when they do things the wrong way.

This is not actually long, but thought it will help those guys out there who are used to thinking that impressing girls with swaga and 'fake' appearance will make them fall in love. You got to read this.

Let's get started:

1. Getting a girl of your dreams is like getting your dream car. However, unlike a car which you can always bargain for, there is nothing like a 20% discount in courting the girl of your dreams. She is so sweet a thing to be discounted.

2. You dearly are in love with her and your feelings for her can only be communicated not by the words of the mouth, but by the words of the heart. Getting the girl actually depends on how big your heart is-faint heart, never won fair lady.

3. The first dating idea for any man is to make a good impression. In your doing so, you don't have to talk, dress or do the common things that all Toms do to get a decent girl's attention. Be unique, that is all you need. Be a man of his own style.

4. Dress decently- indecency can make one to be mistaken for arrogance.

5. Watch your language-obscene language gives the impression of immaturity, being uncultured and cheap; be man of good habits-don't drink or smoke like any other loser.

6. How to make her fall in love with you? Take your time. Add some romance to your dating style.

During my NYSC, a certain guy had a crush on me in our first year. Though all guys were after me, he managed to divert my attention from the other guys. He wrote me three letters without disclosing his identity and slid them into my room secretly. All he said was 'Yours Secret Admirer'. The first letter contained the meaning of my name. The second funny message that could be read backwards and it was all about my physique and smartness. In the third letter, he told me to be ready to receive special gift from my admirer but only if I could be kind enough to call him using the number that he included in the letter. The rest is now history. No one has ever approached me in this manner.

7. Understanding the lady you are out to get is next important thing. This is what he did. A lady has to be loved, adored and be needed. This will bring two of you closer. Try to understand what she likes and dislikes and what her style is.

8. Be sure that bringing out the selflessness friend in you will make her create room for you in her heart. A shoulder to lean on and some good friends that she can always turn to is what a lady wants.

9. Please, don't hastitate to be helpful and supportive. Be that friend that rekindles her zeal of hardworking and restoring hope back into her life when she looses hope. This above all other things will make you her daily vitamin simply because you will bring out the best in her in terms of personality and character.

There was a day that we attended a seminar and we decided we are not going to speak to each other verbally, so he wrote a love note on a paper and passed it across the table to me. I replied and on and on we carried on our love on paper conversation till we almost exhausted a whole rim of paper. Such are the things that made me embrace his world.

10. Don't kiss her when she expects you to. Your respect as a gentleman will be earned on how patient you are with her when it comes to such matters as kissing her and accessing her inner graces. The writing is on the wall that you want her but you can't have her just yet.

11. Try to show her that men are also hard to get at times.

12. Be like that gardener watching a fruit as it hangs on the tree, day after day admiring it, but excercising tremendous self-discipline, neither feeling the fruit nor pitching it, nor testing it to see if it is ready. And then, one day he holds out his hand and the fruit simply drops into it, ripe, warm and eager to be eaten.

Finally, I wish you to meet the girl of your dreams ASAP, make her fall in love with you, and make her feel the happiest girl on earth.

Nairaland ladies, what do you want from your man?
I'm gonna try this out on you. I will do all you said to see if we can get biochemistry.

(1) (Reply)

Ex Problem!! / Question! Being Broke And In A Relationship/dating / Reasons Why Broke Niggahs Should Date ;)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.