Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,974 members, 7,952,915 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:21 AM

MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time - Celebrities (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time (66306 Views)

(photos) Model With The Biggest Hips In Africa Releases New Photos / 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer / MTV Africa Releases Their List Of Top 20 Greatest Naija Songs Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Abdulhafis00: 10:14pm On Oct 03, 2014
Where did u guys put BRYMO ARA NBE undecided
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Amagmilton(m): 10:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
...Nonsense imagine 9ice's gonga aso, dami duro and skelewu by davido in the list....where is rasky mono's rubba style, u need somebody by faze and if love is a crime by tu baba.

1 Like

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Highbruno: 10:19pm On Oct 03, 2014
Jesse jagz-jargo
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Lekison(m): 10:21pm On Oct 03, 2014
1.Terry g-free madness
2.2face-african queen
3.9ice ft 2face-street credibility
4.D banj-why me
5.faze-kolomental
6.bracket-yori yori
7.Asa-fire on d mountain
8.p square-do me
9.timaya-my name is timaya
10.olu maintain-yahooze
11.wiz kid-holla at ur boi
12.neato c-kini big deal
13.davido-dami duro
14.brymo-ara
15.banky w-lagos party
16.wande coal-bumper 2 bumper
17.olamide-eni duro
18.wizboy-screen saver
19.ice prince-oleku
20.Dagrin-kondo
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Samueloladapo(m): 10:28pm On Oct 03, 2014
Where did you put fela? Oritz wilik cooli. Sunny ade. Sir shina peter. And of course tope alabi. grin grin cool
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by jahanara: 10:28pm On Oct 03, 2014
in naija YAHOOZEY IS the greatest
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Obipat(m): 10:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
bykebyke: Faze-Kolomental?
God bless u.. This song ( Kolomental) should be top 5
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Temmytorpel(m): 11:01pm On Oct 03, 2014
Iyayan-kukere
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Krasid(m): 11:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
I have no idea what dami duro and kini big deal is doing on the list.
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Noelle01: 11:29pm On Oct 03, 2014
I had actualy forgotten most of these songs. If they were really 'top' songs, they'd stick in your head.
Only African queen, yahooze and jailer deserve to be on that list.
Scratch that sef. Only African Queen.
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by JuanDeDios: 12:17am On Oct 04, 2014
omicron: How

I guess they mean BEST SONGS OF THE LAST DECADE

#long term memory loss everywhere

Right. This list belongs to the Instagram generation.
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Spray(m): 12:25am On Oct 04, 2014
Tomis14: MTV Base Africa has released their 20 greatest Nigerian songs of all time.

Which song do you think is missing from the list?

Source:http://www.toniaodili.com/2014/10/mtv-africa-releases-names-of-9ja.html?m=0
. Black face, hard life
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by ZinnyDXena: 12:56am On Oct 04, 2014
[/color] EEWWW where dorobuchi,,,,, [color=#990000]
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Expsbterror(m): 1:04am On Oct 04, 2014
Tomis14: MTV Base Africa has released their 20 greatest Nigerian songs of all time.

Source:http://www.toniaodili.com/2014/10/mtv-africa-releases-names-of-9ja.html?m=0

I really think if we talk of ever green songs.. Then let's consider the artists na.
.. See Asa (jailer)
...Olirioko
... 2face African Queen
... Maintain (Yahoozee)
... Sasha (adara)
... Idris (jagajaga)

Etc.
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 1:07am On Oct 04, 2014
List was written by a new MTV intern... Fvck.
Issokay, na dem sabi.
Now playing "Sky B - My bebe".
Hehehe
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 1:25am On Oct 04, 2014
All these small boys at MTV. Maybe they've never even heard of Fela.
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by ojeffo: 1:46am On Oct 04, 2014
neuljosh: Oliver Twist, that music is the bomb, the beat is just flawless. I was at one of the biggest shopping malls in the world; SM Mega Mall last month, they are rocking D'banjs' Oliver Twist and I was really impressed. Now you don't get to here naija music in Asian countries that often. Plus my friend from pacific island always talked about how African Queen was a big hit in most Pacific Countries. She said it was funny how most pacific islander was singing 'you are my African Queeeen" lol. I mean this dudes are not African and neither are the girls they were singing it to.
I say, music is indeed a universal language.

Naija representing in Music Entertainment since 1960.
Shopping mall in ASIA...
#walkingaway
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by profjingo(m): 1:47am On Oct 04, 2014
if yahooze no dey, den the list na thrash.
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by targetpoin: 1:47am On Oct 04, 2014
Guys Anyone asks about EFREBO

1 Like

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by AVO88(m): 2:20am On Oct 04, 2014

As long as Fela is not on dis list den its COMPLETE CRAP. Do u guys really know d meaning of greatest songs of all Time? Dis songs were done in d last 10 to 15yrs
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Tex42(m): 4:32am On Oct 04, 2014
na watin carry limpopo enter there?,Mtv which way na!
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:38am On Oct 04, 2014
No Fela. No KSA. What a bunch of jokers.
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 5:12am On Oct 04, 2014
Ziggyzito: so, you make comments for likes? You're a retardddd.
thank you
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by AreaFada2: 5:57am On Oct 04, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
It's high time we started floating musical companies that promote highlife, juju, were, apala, etc songs. MTV is for children. People like Victor Olaiya, Ikenja Superstar, Morocco Mmaduka, Mike Ejeagha, Orlando Julius, Victor Uwaifo, etc that are still alive should ensure this. Recently I downloaded some songs of Cardinal Rex Jim Lawson from www.mp3olimp.net/rex-lawson. You will be amazed at his talent.

My brother, it's long overdue.

If you are leading the way, I'm buying a stake immediately in this Juju-Records Ltd or Ju-Life Records Ltd. grin

I enjoy old school music almost everyday, thanks to youtube.

I blast Rex Lawson's Sewale, Yellow Sisi, So Ala Temen & others regularly. I don't even understand Kalabari.

Classic. He died over 40 years ago. Let's wait for 40 years before we rank these young upstarts.

1 Like

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by 100Cents: 5:57am On Oct 04, 2014
bykebyke: Faze-Kolomental?

Yeah, there are just so many Nigerian great songs of the past 10 years, yes 10 years because i can't see Fela there nor Onyeka Onwenu..

There list represents songs from great Nigerian artists of the modern times..

Psquare, Dbanj, Wizkid and Davido got two nominations each..
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by 100Cents: 6:18am On Oct 04, 2014
Adikam: Dbanj,neato c &flavour should'nt be on that list...meanwhile one of FACE song should be there & 9ICE FT 2FACE street credibility also.wizkid songs can neva be evergreen wit dat childish lyrics but i think mtv africa gateman arrange the list wit female cleanner.

Naeto C's rap is refined.

I love that song till date. " Kini big deal"..

D'banj deserves the list, forget not the Mo hits days. Only Psquare could rival them.

D'banj has definitely gone under after the break up.
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Ifebazz(m): 7:26am On Oct 04, 2014
Where Edrees Abdulkareem ~Nigeria Jagajaga
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Ifebazz(m): 7:30am On Oct 04, 2014
CNNg: Of all time?
They don't know what they are talking about. So where do we put King Sunny Are, Sina Peter, Oliver the Coque and a host of classics that were made even before the advent of MTV?
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by NobiGod: 8:45am On Oct 04, 2014
This list is a joke: Shina Peters, Fela, even Terry G testing microphone deserves a place more than some songs there.
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Geenickel(m): 9:30am On Oct 04, 2014
this MTV pple no sabi oo...wia is afrcan rapper no.1 mi n flavour??

shaa de are not green blooded (9ja blooded)
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Revolva(m): 9:35am On Oct 04, 2014
Na mtv sabi....all I know there are better songs even better than their lists ..they made...
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by holajeedayy: 10:16am On Oct 04, 2014
na lie

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Sadiya Haruna Bags Six-Month Jail Sentence In Kano For Defaming Isa A (Photos) / Daddy Freeze To Mary Remmy: "Camel Toe Is Sexual Harassment" / Bolanle Ninalowo: “I’m Obsessed With My Wife, Bunmi”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.