Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,103 members, 7,814,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time (65873 Views)

(photos) Model With The Biggest Hips In Africa Releases New Photos / 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer / MTV Africa Releases Their List Of Top 20 Greatest Naija Songs Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by isick(m): 7:09pm On Oct 03, 2014
Dottune: The Top 5 Should be In This Arrangement:

1. African Queen- 2face
2. Do me - Psquare
3. Why Me - D'banj
4. Gan Gan Aso - 9ice
5. Hollar At Your Boy- Wizkid
wetin wizkid dey do there
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 03, 2014
Al these r baby-syllables,wher du u put d Legendary King Sunny Ade. Tracks. Like MKO tune for ever. KSA so good,the only nigerian ever to have performed live within a sittin US president as guest.
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by slap1(m): 7:17pm On Oct 03, 2014
As long as 2Face and Asa made the list... I'm OK.
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by otokx(m): 7:22pm On Oct 03, 2014
That is how they told us Mungo Park discovered River Niger.

We cannot forget Fela Anikulapo Kuti, King Sunny Ade, Oliver d coque, Bright Chimezie, etc.

2 Likes

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by iluvweed(m): 7:23pm On Oct 03, 2014
Hmmmm...I feel that oritse femis song double wahala should be on the list... lipsrsealed
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by franklingud(m): 7:53pm On Oct 03, 2014
Plantashun boiz.. If life was a thing
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by dubbiskelly(m): 8:08pm On Oct 03, 2014
Tomis14: MTV Base Africa has released their 20 greatest Nigerian songs of all time.

Which song do you think is missing from the list?

Source:http://www.toniaodili.com/2014/10/mtv-africa-releases-names-of-9ja.html?m=0
Who ever complied this list must be high on crack. What happened to songs by Christi Essien Igbokwe? Songs like "Seun Rere " and " Ever liked my person" where certified world wide hits and sold far above all the above songs put together.
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by GIYAZZ(m): 8:12pm On Oct 03, 2014
Boogey_Sanctum

Nigerians are sleeping on our rappers, too bad. sad
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 03, 2014
Adikam: Dbanj,neato c &flavour should'nt be on that list...meanwhile one of FACE song should be there & NICE FT 2FACE street credibility also.wizkid songs can neva be evergreen wit dat childish lyrics but i think mtv african gateman arrange the list wit female cleanner.
abi ooo...even holla at your boy was a copy from a south Korean musician called se7en. Se7en feat Lil kim-girls.
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by cowtail: 8:22pm On Oct 03, 2014
Of all time? None of fela's songs made d list? Haba, fear God ooooh
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 03, 2014
Dat list is nt complete without Iyanya's kukere. Wetin be Gan gan aso? is it a song or yoruba hymn?
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by jevic(m): 8:31pm On Oct 03, 2014
Tchelete. By Davido/Mafizikolo
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Ziggyzito(m): 8:34pm On Oct 03, 2014
Adikam: i wil reply u wen u get atlist 1likes
so, you make comments for likes? You're a retardddd.
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Mentcee(m): 8:46pm On Oct 03, 2014
dworwor: Of all time??
This is what you get when small pikin de try count teeth wen de adult mouth.
What happened to Majek, Mandators, Onyeka, et al?
This list should be greatest songs from the last 2 weeks (half of which are already forgotten).
Thanks. And thank God someone here is reasoning!
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 03, 2014
Sir Prof. Voctor Uwaifo's Joromi, Sunny Nneji's Oruka and Plantaishun Boys' U&I.

Conspicuously missing. Well wat else does One expect frm these

Mentally

Traumatized

Vultures

Smh for dem.
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by eROCK247(m): 8:57pm On Oct 03, 2014
CNNg: Of all time?
Gud question o! so we didn't have gud music b4 the 90s?
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 03, 2014
Where is P-SQ's Temptation?
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 03, 2014
naijanoni: Danfo drivers-Danfo driver
Daddy Showkey-Fire Fire
Tony Tetuilla-Hit my car
Lagbaja-Konko Bilo
African China-Ajegunle("They steal land o 4 inside ajegunle"wink
Styl Plus-Olufunmi
Eedris Abdul Karim-Mr Lecturer
Wierd MC-Ijoya
u missed Daddy Showkey's dainna
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by PoloYoung(m): 9:12pm On Oct 03, 2014
X-project - Lo rile
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 03, 2014
CNNg: Of all time?

I bow o... If we're talking ''of all time'' and you've not mentioned the likes of Fela, King Sunny Ade, Chief Osita Osadebay, Sir Victor Uwaifo and co, you've not started! They need to go back to the drawing board.
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
6. Mi O Mo - Sunny Ade.
You mean Eshu biribiri grin

Top tune! wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TH6eCuQXQ8
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:28pm On Oct 03, 2014
ROSSIKE:
You mean Eshu biribiri grin

Top tune! wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TH6eCuQXQ8
That song is a hit.
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by clemmonce(m): 9:29pm On Oct 03, 2014
ProfCorruption: Of all time? What a joke!
what a big joke. dont take the list serious it was obviously compiled by all those silly bloggers. OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!! where is sir victor uwaifo's joromi, where are ebenezer obey's great songs, what of king sunny ade, i think i compiler of the list is drunk. OF ALL TIME!!!!!! lets even come close aliltle bit. where is modenine's cry, where is asa's bibanke or jailer, where is , where is .... the compiler is drunk i repeat.... Copy??
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by pillzthadrugz(m): 9:33pm On Oct 03, 2014
What about this song "CRY"by our very own mode 9
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by nestaAK(m): 9:38pm On Oct 03, 2014
This list is an insult to my personality as a Nigerian...

1 Like

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Tex42(m): 9:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
bandisandi: I beg to differ.

Some names/tracks are missing.
Dare art Alade- you're not d girl I used to knw.
Da greeeeeenn....- all his tracks
Timaya- my name is timaya
Asa- fire on the mountain
spot on!.Asa-fire on the mountain
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Loogan(m): 10:02pm On Oct 03, 2014
Poor list!

Brymo-ara nbe
wierd mc-ijoya
faze-kolomental
iyanya-kukere

this were chart topping songs!!
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by colored(m): 10:02pm On Oct 03, 2014
oh my gosh! seeing this list makes me wanna puke! like seriously? not the all time greatest songs being a bunch of mediocre mess from basic artists who suck sonically and artistically at what they do! jeez im ashamed to be Nigerian. im so gonna revoke my Nigerian citizenship!!
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 03, 2014
MTv una dey mad ni.. though i don listen to secular songs buh wea are ds songs.....
Onyeka onwenu... Peace song
Faze..... kolomental
Tuface..... For instance
Dagrin.... pom pom pom
Asa..... Fire on the mountain
Ty bello..... Land is green
Dbanj...... why me
Sweet mother
Terry G..... free madness
Una dey put wizkid, davido, limpopo.. wtf... like seriously wea Paul play dairo, wea Fela kuti....?? Una for put lord of ajasa, or yayaya kukere na.... where daddy showkey sef et all

1 Like

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by nigerianvenom(m): 10:05pm On Oct 03, 2014
bykebyke: Faze-Kolomental?

God bless u for dat point.
dat was wat came to my mind.98% of d songs there aint popular as kolomental
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by lakunle1love(m): 10:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
Where the hell is 'Kerewa' & 'Fire on the mountain ' ?
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Maeblaq: 10:12pm On Oct 03, 2014
wat abt ..my car by tony tetuila?
mr lecturer by eedris abdukareem?
kolomental by faze?
oruka by sunny neji
ada ada by flavour

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Actor, Daniel Uwadiae Is Dead (Photos) / I Was Pregnant 3 Times For Apostle Suleman - Halima Abubakar / Pictures Of Wizkid At Today’s EndSARS Protest In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.