Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,781 members, 7,837,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba (30754 Views)

Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request / Osaze Disses Victor Ikpeba On Twitter / Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 4:06am On Oct 04, 2014
ayukdaboss:
Look at this guy...when Mata left who took his place?? Somebody equally good not some guy from Pakistan League
What is so great about the players dropped?

Those guys can not compete for places with top clubs. Those guys could not help the Super Eagles qualify for the World Cup or pass the first round of the World Cup. Those guys never won a game at the World Cup.

Those guys failed to qualify for the Nations Cup. Is that where you want us to go back to?

9 Likes

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by abatically(m): 4:12am On Oct 04, 2014
hydrocarbon: ....I see u don't understand nigerian football,,who are the guys he's callin up for the games when we'v got better and more experienced players,I do agree with ikpeba,he has lost it

Can u tell me who the better and experienced players are? A team is not built on individual effort, all players have to be in sync and if the coach feels a particular player will ruin his flow of football or dressing room, would u rather he use the player and disrupt his pattern of play or bench him? No player is bigger than the team.. it took Low 8 years to build the German team that won the world cup. You seem to forget we didn't smell AFCON for 19 years until keshi came . Keshi deserves to be given enough chance dude.

Mourinho sold Mata (who was their best player in 2 years) because he thought he does not fit in his team. Redondo was dropped from Argentina team from 1998 world cup even though he was one of their best players. My point is no player is indispensable, a good coach has stamp authority and discipline into his team. Let them sack Keshi and employ whoever, I can tell u its back to square one and that new coach will be sacked after the nations cup and the cycle will just continue.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by iluvpomo(m): 4:17am On Oct 04, 2014
It is about results ... if Super Eagles win, Keshi stays
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by ogawisdom(m): 4:51am On Oct 04, 2014
He shld b fired immediately no sentiments
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by Soso990240(m): 4:52am On Oct 04, 2014
We Love u,Ikpeba.Thanks for telling Keshi d bitter truth.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by immanuello(m): 5:05am On Oct 04, 2014
AOB1963: Let us cast our minds back, Keshi tends to start slowly. At the last AFCON he started with 2 draws and by the 3rd match, the Vultures were already circling him to tear him up, yet he won that cup.
At the last CHAN, he started with a defeat, and ended up with a Bronze medal.
At the World cup, we struggled against Iran and still ended up in the last 16 ahead of the likes of Ivory Coast, England and Spain.
Keshi has unearthed more new talents than any coach before him. We are singing the praises of Onazi, Musa, Omeruo, Babatunde, Oboabona and Oshaniwa today because Keshi preferred them to the known 'stars'
He will not only qualify us for AFCON, Keshi will defend the title. Let us not get carried away with the dooms day prophets like Ikpeba and their fifty-kobo journalists. It is sad that journalists continue to put their interview mics in front of loud-mouths like Ikpeba. He has personal issues with Keshi, so what do we expect him to say that is new. Both him and the Siasia they are clamouring for are dwarfs compared to Keshi and they know it.
oh see how u love hiding d truth.Is keshi a coach?How can you reason like to his,o ga o!
Nigerian always hiding from truth since 1914 and pls hit d nail on where d nail supposed to hit,call a spade a spade period.That useless,clueless,brainless,tactics-less,egoful,boastful mofo is leading us anywhere.Keshi is doomed,he is not smart in knowing how to do a neat and reasonable job,he feels too big for himself and has no iota of functional brain.How can you snub that young metro(kelechi ihenacho,awoniyi and some great others useful for the nearest future

1 Like

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by immanuello(m): 5:14am On Oct 04, 2014
Soso990240: We Love u,Ikpeba.Thanks for telling Keshi d bitter truth.
May Jah bless you!!!!!!
Germany,Netherlands, Brazil,Argentina and the likes, don't allow a brainless and tactics-less person like keshi to be using ego to decide for the country progress like dis mofo is doing.
keshi didn't won any nations cup,it was those boys that worked zealously for it and instead of managing the few best in them he threw those few best away(where is d guy always complementing emenike's job,where is MBA).So d guy thinks he is d real boss he called himself but he is d most goofed being I ever read about and sees.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by tochman(m): 5:21am On Oct 04, 2014
I see a lot of keshi fans here. Believe it or not, winning the nations cup was a fluke. Imagine a coach that lack tactics inviting players from China div 10. For 2 years now he doesn't even have a starting 11. What a shame. Nation's cup winner my foot. U guys should keep dwelling in the past. When u are done, meet me in the present heading to the future...

4 Likes

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by coded01: 5:23am On Oct 04, 2014
immanuello: oh see how u love hiding d truth.Is keshi a coach?How can you reason like to his,o ga o!
Nigerian always hiding from truth since 1914 and pls hit d nail on where d nail supposed to hit,call a spade a spade period. That useless,clueless,brainless,tactics-less,egoful,boastful mofo is leading us anywhere.Keshi is doomed,he is not smart in knowing how to do a neat and reasonable job,he feels too big for himself and has no iota of functional brain. How can you snub that young metro(kelechi ihenacho,awoniyi and some great others useful for the nearest future

immanuello: May Jah bless you!!!!!!
Germany,Netherlands, Brazil,Argentina and the likes, don't allow a brainless and tactics-less person like keshi to be using ego to decide for the country progress like dis mofo is doing.
keshi didn't won any nations cup,it was those boys that worked zealously for it and instead of managing the few best in them he threw those few best away(where is d guy always complementing emenike's job,where is MBA). So d guy thinks he is d real boss he called himself but he is d most goofed being I ever read about and sees.

You are officially wicked... grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by eleko1: 5:24am On Oct 04, 2014
sadA pathetic one.He should be redeploy to coach any Secondary Sch in his village ASAP
patrickdarlins: keshi...is....a.....clown!!!
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by Emeca: 5:25am On Oct 04, 2014
dabossman:

And Ikpeba calls himself an ex-footballer? He should be ashamed of himself. Do you ever stop building a football team? Should Keshi just stick to the team that won Afcon in 2013 even if some players loose form or are no longer at their best? Has Barcelona or Bayern Munich stopped building their team simply because they've won their leagues and the Champions League? Why do they bring in new players every season?

How many years did it take Joachim Low to build the German team that won the World Cup? There were at least 10 new players in that squad from the one that played at South Africa 2010.

Ikpeba, are you sure you're qualified to analyses football with this kind of reasoning. A football team is always going through building. It never ends.
'Building' a team involves getting d right mix of players to give u want u want, den 'tweaking' it from tym to tym. The 'building' is not supposed to take forever. Dats what Ikpeba is talking abt. Some of d players he took to d world-cup are nowhere to be found in his recent list. He simply replaced dem with a bunch of UNTESTED average players. It makes d team dysfunctional.

What Barca and Bayern are doin is 'tweaking' their team. They have gone past building. They drop and add one or two players....but their system of play remains d same. Even the players they added are quality players that made a difference at their former clubs. You cant say d same for players Keshi invited.

Same for Germany. The core of d team that took them to d semi-finals in 2010 still remains. D coach only replaced those that retired and those who lost form with BETTER players......compare d line up against Spain at d 2010 semi-final and d 2014 finals team; there are only two players he dropped on account of form, d other two retired. He picked Sami Khedira for this year's event (notwithstanding d fact he only played 2 matches in d last 4 months for Madrid prior to d competition and was an injury risk) because he was already a TRIED and TESTED player. Keshi dropped Sunday Mba - a player who was crucial to Nigeria's success in d last AFCON - because he 'wasnt motivated enough' . We all saw hw d midfield collapsed against France when Onazi was taken off....Keshi had no reliable person to bring on to fill dat gap. All d tym he spent testing was for notin when it mattered most. He even wasted d opportunity afforded him by d Confederations Cup to build on d team.

What Keshi has been doin is what Man U is doin now....building a team.....are u not seeing d mixed results Man U are getting. Man U will soon get past dis stage once they get their acts right but I cant say d same for Keshi with d way and manner he goes abt his coaching.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by immanuello(m): 5:34am On Oct 04, 2014
Emeca:
'Building' a team involves getting d right mix of players to give u want u want, den 'tweaking' it from tym to tym. The 'building' is not supposed to take forever. Dats what Ikpeba is talking abt. Some of d players he took to d world-cup are nowhere to be found in his recent list. He simply replaced dem with a bunch of UNTESTED average players. It makes d team dysfunctional.

What Barca and Bayern are doin is 'tweaking' their team. They have gone past building. They drop and add one or two players....but their system of play remains d same. Even the players they add are quality players that made a difference at their former clubs. You cant say d same for palyers Keshi invited.

Same for Germany. The core of d team that took them to d semi-finals in 2010 still remains. D coach only replaced those that retired and those who lost form with BETTER players......check d line up against Spain at d semi-final; there are only two players he dropped on account of form, d other two retired. He picked Sami Khedira for this year's event (notwithstanding d fact he only played 2 matches in d last 4 months for Madrid prior to d competition and was an injury risk) because he was already a TRIED and TESTED player. Keshi dropped Sunday Mba - a player who was crucial to Nigeria's success in d last AFCON - because he 'wasnt motivated enough' . We all saw hw d midfield collapsed against France when Onazi was taken off....Keshi had no reliable person to bring on to fill dat gap. All d tym he spent testing was for notin when it mattered most. He even wasted d opportunity afforded him by d Confederations Cup to build on d team.

What Keshi has been doin is what Man U is doin now....buiding a team.....are u not seeing d mixed results Man U are getting. Man U will soon get past dis stage once they get their acts right but I cant say d same for Keshi with d way and manner he goes abt his coaching.
Thank you for saying this!

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by benarex(m): 5:37am On Oct 04, 2014
That's football for you. If the coach doesn't invite new players and then fails, everybody will be screaming 'why must this useless coach keep on using these players when we have players all over the world?'. Now he has invited new players and now some of us are saying 'he's risking qualification'. A coach should be allowed to do his job while we support him. Is Victor more. Nigerian than Keshi? If Keshi qualifies the Super Eagles for Morocco '15 people like Victor will say,' he was lucky '.

3 Likes

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by Soso990240(m): 5:41am On Oct 04, 2014
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by Soso990240(m): 5:48am On Oct 04, 2014
immanuello: May Jah bless you!!!!!!
keshi didn't won any nations cup,it was those boys that worked zealously for it and instead of managing the few best in them he threw those few best away(where is d guy always complementing emenike's job,where is MBA).So d guy thinks he is d real boss he called himself but he is d most goofed being I ever read about and sees.
The thing tire me.some people keep comparing our team building to Germany or Congo dat use 10years to build their team..I laugh u guys.atleast they were inviting their Best Legs,wat do we invite now? Nwofor is gud,bt Uche is Beta.Azeez is gud,bt Aluko is beta.Keshi has forgoten about sunday Mba bcaus Mba denied him d huge amount he was asking for after Mba's transfer to Bastia.And why hasn't he invited Iheanacho to d eagle's camp? Thank God d guy has shown his ability on Man.city shirt.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by AdeniyiA(m): 5:59am On Oct 04, 2014
If Keshi has lost it, Ikpeba should find it undecided
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by Kingjames(m): 6:01am On Oct 04, 2014
last time I argued over Keshi, at a veiwing center I rose in defence of him, and silenced his critics with his achievements within and outside Nigeria as a coach. But am afraid am not sure I'll keep defending one whose actions in recent times claims he is "Mr know it all" for the fact that he stepped on toes and got lucky to win the 2013 CAN swelled his head. He toed the same line in choosing his WC list we all condemned the list but still hoped he 'll be lucky again but alas Paul Pogba punish us when the only creative midfielder we had got injured. we lost the match but still kept faith with him. Now again, here we are at a point where we should throw in all we ve got to secure ticket to Morocco but no because of one person's ego, the nation's pride is about to be sacrificed. Ike Uche scored the most goals during the qualifiers to CAN 2013 up to the point that commentators refer him as a man that has refused to stop scoring in every match Ik was scoring in nat team the way Suarez was scoring in Liverpool, Osaze would not have been to the W/C if not that the technical commitee rejected Keshi's initial list yet he scored the most important goal that made us reach the second round. some days ago I read of a rift bw Keshi and Emenike, Again?
Too bad am tired of defending the big boss.

4 Likes

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by miqos02(m): 6:04am On Oct 04, 2014
mba, what can i say
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by newguy1(m): 6:15am On Oct 04, 2014
One thing i hate about nigerian is dat we r 2 opionated, come on i dont see oda country nag about dir coach as us. U gave dis guy to job because u consider him d best among d lots so y dis. as far as i have seen he hasnt fail on us, won us a cup of nation got us to d 2nd round of wc. If he like let him bring okocha out of retirement to play for him d basics is he must not fail us.all dis ex players coming out to critise keshi, if dey can do better let dem com forward or dey should stop barking inside d fence.....

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by pat077: 6:15am On Oct 04, 2014
suddenly, every body is now better than Keshi.
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by kristisking(m): 6:16am On Oct 04, 2014
Yes Keshi has lost it.He is too sentimental and does not listen to anyone.I think winning the last nations cup was what got into his head,forgeting that it was luck that won us the trophy.I'm very optimistic his days in the super eagles are numbered.
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by Kingjames(m): 6:20am On Oct 04, 2014
Soso990240: The thing tire me.some people keep comparing our team building to Germany or Congo dat use 10years to build their team..I laugh u guys.atleast they were inviting their Best Legs,wat do we invite now? Nwofor is gud,bt Uche is Beta.Azeez is gud,bt Aluko is beta.Keshi has forgoten about sunday Mba bcaus Mba denied him d huge amount he was asking for after Mba's transfer to Bastia.And why hasn't he invited Iheanacho to d eagle's camp? Thank God d guy has shown his ability on Man.city shirt.

Thank you my brother, I imagined the difference Mba would have made if he was the one the came in when Onazi was pulled. Mba scored the goal that eliminated Ivory Coast and scored the one that won the cup, Keshi took the glory and dumped Mba from the National team.
All because we have a bunch of greedy and incompetent fools in the Football house who we are not even holding accountable for our money.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by kristisking(m): 6:21am On Oct 04, 2014
ayukdaboss:
Look at this guy...when Mata left who took his place?? Somebody equally good not some guy from Pakistan League
For how long will he continue to build.He has been experimenting,isn't time he gets his best?
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by linababy(f): 6:21am On Oct 04, 2014
toluleke: MOD,OP and ikpeba has lost it..and how ikpeba sabi dat english,he should better work on himself,u keep building it just like learning..KESHI is GODsent...am sure his critics would be shocked

H[b]mmmmmm[/b]
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by RockMaxi: 6:23am On Oct 04, 2014
Coaching, Football and Leadership in Nigeria is a sacrifice, you must be ready to be sacrificed. Pity Keshi, that's the cross of that post.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by spanzed(m): 6:24am On Oct 04, 2014
Ikpeba jelousy no good ooo grin

1 Like

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by Kingjames(m): 6:34am On Oct 04, 2014
newguy1: One thing i hate about nigerian is dat we r 2 opionated, come on i dont see oda country nag about dir coach as us. U gave dis guy to job because u consider him d best among d lots so y dis. as far as i have seen he hasnt fail on us, won us a cup of nation got us to d 2nd round of wc. If he like let him bring okocha out of retirement to play for him d basics is he must not fail us.all dis ex players coming out to critise keshi, if dey can do better let dem com forward or dey should stop barking inside d fence.....

And we should fold our hands and watch till he fails us?
Mind u we are not overlooking the successes he has brought us, even now, I don't even know of a better option considering the likes of Sia One and other coaches we 've had in the recent past (Am not an advocate of a foreign coach)
But we are saying he can do better with tested and proven legs in prosecuting sensitive assignments when it comes to friendlies we can test rookies.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by popson1st: 6:36am On Oct 04, 2014
Keshi is stylishly showing an interest in the job..
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 04, 2014
Keshi is a name of person that believes his team can delivery with Mikel in the center.

Keshi had no pattern, no tactics, just playing with luck. In fact, he never had it.
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by akoaki(m): 6:47am On Oct 04, 2014
I think keshi is deliberately trying to destroy senior national team before he quits. He plans to reduce the eagles to carcasses for the next coach.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by aspirebig: 6:53am On Oct 04, 2014
Ikpeba, well said. But remember that the same team building gave u chance in Monaco, where they later referred to u as "Prince", despite the fact that your father was NEVER a king in the city of Monaco.

The same team building gave chance to score Nigeria' s second goal against Brazil in Atlanta 96.

The same team building gave you chance in the SE squad, if you have a younger brother among those invited, would you have said this same thing? Honestly, answer me ooo?That is Nigeria for you.

The last thing I check," Change is the only constant thing in life".

And, you don't change a winning team, but at as the last count, SE were far from being a winning team,the non rookies invited in the SE last two matches couldn't beat less rated and known Congo in our backyard in Calabar or SA in their home, in fact, SA nearly beat us. I know that there is no underdog in the world football again but the place of history cannot be totally be ignored. That is why most often, sports analysts go to fish out record of teams past matches, know how many winning or loss does each has, and how many draws too.

The way the new coaches to come after Keshi will be criticised too, it is left to be seen. We are waiting,
Even our Afcon team last year were criticised b4 their match against Ivory Coast. Uneasy is the head that wears the cap...
Since the days of westerhof, all the Bert Volt, or what is hs name and Siasia, Amodu etc which of them has brought home Afcon Cup?

When Keshi has issues with player, it is always Keshi's fault . When all saw what happened with
Osaze's case both with Keshi and WBA and how those white saddists in WBA and their sponsored journalists nearly finished his career that non of the Epl clubs ever want to have anything with him again, despite his exploits in WBA. Till 2moro, Osaze remains the one of their best goal scorers in WBA, it is still in their books as record.

On the issue of Yobo, he later settled with the big boss and apologised, before he went the WCup in Brazil. Now, he has quit the national team after his 100 caps record.Age is telling and guy has tried.

Uche brothers,I think their case is being used as selling point for the newspapers sport pages. They should come and let this issue be addressed once and let's move forward.

As for Martins,Emenike, honestly I think those guys and Kelechi ihanachor should be in SE team now.All those guys that scored for Congo against Nigeria are young chaps. I do not agree with the big boss for excluding most of these guys in the team either.

As for Ideye, no comment.

Keshi is not perfect and so is every living soul.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 04, 2014
immanuello: oh see how u love hiding d truth.Is keshi a coach?How can you reason like to his,o ga o!
Nigerian always hiding from truth since 1914 and pls hit d nail on where d nail supposed to hit,call a spade a spade period.That useless,clueless,brainless,tactics-less,egoful,boastful mofo is leading us anywhere.Keshi is doomed,he is not smart in knowing how to do a neat and reasonable job,he feels too big for himself and has no iota of functional brain.How can you snub that young metro(kelechi ihenacho,awoniyi and some great others useful for the nearest future

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Protest Against Kroenke, Club Owner Outside The Emirates Stadium / Aubameyang To Join Barcelona After Being Stripped Of Arsenal Captaincy / Jose Mourinho Sacked As Roma Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.