Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,812 members, 7,837,921 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba (30755 Views)

Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request / Osaze Disses Victor Ikpeba On Twitter / Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:51pm On Oct 04, 2014
Soso990240:
The thing tire me.some people keep comparing our team building to Germany or Congo dat use 10years to build their team..I laugh u guys.atleast they were inviting their Best Legs,wat do we invite now? Nwofor is gud,bt Uche is Beta.Azeez is gud,bt Aluko is beta.Keshi has forgoten about sunday Mba bcaus Mba denied him d huge amount he was asking for after Mba's transfer to Bastia.And why hasn't he invited Iheanacho to d eagle's camp? Thank God d guy has shown his ability on Man.city shirt.
Nacho at the age of seventeen was invited by Coach Keshi to the Super Eagles CHAN team. The team was built around him as the creative midfielder.

His Man City agent came and pulled Nacho out of the team to push his transfer, which destroyed over a months work by Coach Keshi. That would have led Nacho to play at the World Cup at seventeen.

Nacho has to work his way back into the team after that, instead of getting an automatic recall.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:55pm On Oct 04, 2014
Kingjames:

Thank you my brother, I imagined the difference Mba would have made if he was the one the came in when Onazi was pulled. Mba scored the goal that eliminated Ivory Coast and scored the one that won the cup, Keshi took the glory and dumped Mba from the National team.
All because we have a bunch of greedy and incompetent fools in the Football house who we are not even holding accountable for our money.
You would have put Mba to battle with Matuidi?

Matuidi would have slaughtered Mba, just as he would have slaughtered Azeez if he had graced that field that day.
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
Zikdik:

Sunday Oliseh is a UEFA "A" Licensed coach.
Sunday Oliseh should pick up the next U17 national team and let us judge him from there.
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by francopido(m): 1:03pm On Oct 04, 2014
Keshi winning d afcon was a fluke. He is too sentimental in his selections,he does not have tactics and technically he is not sound. Must he continue to have issues with all his players?I think ikpeba was right,keshi has lost it .
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:04pm On Oct 04, 2014
edimat007:
Yes he has lost it, Wen Keshi hv started inviting players frm China, Iran, Kuwait den I knw dat D man is on gambly path.
See as you are talking as if Coach Keshi left out our Super stars in the first eleven of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man City, PSG, Dortmund etc.

The Coach has to scout and discover hidden gems.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by dabossman(m): 1:09pm On Oct 04, 2014
hydrocarbon:
....I see u don't understand nigerian football,,who are the guys he's callin up for the games when we'v got better and more experienced players,I do agree with ikpeba,he has lost it

So, just because Keshi invited 4 new players in a team list of 25, that is why the sky wants to fall? That is the reason for all this hyper-ventilating? 4 players out of 25. When only 18 or 22 will be dressed for the game and only 14 can get to play?

You guys are funny. Those four may not even see action in both games. The coach probably wants to see what they have to offer in training, so he can assess them in person. And that is why you are all loosing your heads? You have about 21 known faces and it is 4 potential debutants that you are all crying about.

I remember back in 1993, Oliseh's first game was a Nations Cup qualifier against Ethiopia. He was a revelation in that game and went on to become an integral part of the Eagles for 11 years. If I'm not mistaking, Okocha's first Eagles game was a World Cup qualifier against Ivory Coast. What happens if one of them turns out to be a revelation?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:09pm On Oct 04, 2014
natureblack:
Coming from a failed football pundit
Wicked. My belle wants to burst with laugh.
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
maestroferddi:
There is no point bringing sentiments into the whole issue.

Nobody is denying the fact that Keshi has recorded successes as the national team football coach. However, it is very clear that Keshi has allowed complacency and arrogance to get the better part of him.

Just take a look at the Super Eagles from the World Cup till date and tell whether there is anything inspiring hope and confidence in the team. You keep citing coaches that dropped certain players prior to tournaments, but have you asked yourself whether we have the talent pool to grant Keshi the ill-advised luxury he wants to be enjoying?

You demonise tested players like Ike Uche and Obafemi Martins, prolific goalscorers for the Super Eagles, and in their place you put the likes of Uche Nwofor, Shola Ameobi, Nnamdi Oduamadi and co. What kind of team are you building?

Why hide under technical inadequacy to drag our football twenty years back? Do you watch Keshi in big matches and see that his team is almost on auto-pilot most of the time?

Don't be carried away by our winning AFCON, after all a pedestrian Zambian team won the tournament as well.

What do you say when a country like Greece is making steady progress in football while a supposedly football giant like Nigeria is still mired in stagnation?
What you guys do not get is that our World Cup group was tough. The Iranians put up a good match against Argentina. The Bosnians were tough against Argentina. With the likes of Dzeko and Vedad Ibisevic. The French team had to injure Onazi and Ambrose to stop us. How can that be a poor performance with a team who lack real Super Stars.
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 04, 2014
It should be Ikpeba has lost it instead.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by duni04(m): 1:44pm On Oct 04, 2014
vislabraye:

Why didn't Keshi renew his contract? We heard SA was interested in him. Why didn't he sign for them? I don't understand how Naija dey do their thing ?
Keshi's fault or the FA? They were the ones promising to make him the highest paid coach in Africa to persuade him from resigning. When he chaged his mind and said he wasn't resigning again, no contract again. Instead we're hearing rumours of a german coach. Keshi's coaching is rubbish but our FA is also rubbish.
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by vislabraye(m): 1:44pm On Oct 04, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
After Nigeria won the 1994 AFCON, Coach Clemens Westerhof invited new players to the camp to try out for a place in the World Cup squad. The same squad of the Nations Cup made it. However if any of the new players were as good as the old ones, they would have broken in.

Our Super Eagles team is not top notch, so more players will be invited till the coach is satisfied. Even after then, he has to keep the chosen team on their toes by letting them know their positions are not permanent.

How many changes did Westeroff make in the USA 94 squad? The first 11 in the Nations Cup was the same in the WC. And those were the best we had in the country that time.
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by Reference(m): 1:44pm On Oct 04, 2014
Daninya1:
A African proverb goes thus :as goat take stand, na so them go price am... An ugly truth is better than a beautiful lie.. As coach Stephen Keshi has decided to sacrifice national glory for personal glory, he will fail... NIGERIANS FORGET ABOUT MORROC 2015...you can quote me anytime, anyday and anywhere...

Don't worry, we will when we qualify. Just stay in touch.
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 04, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
See as you are talking as if Coach Keshi left out our Super stars in the first eleven of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man City, PSG, Dortmund etc.

The Coach has to scout and discover hidden gems.
hidden wat, ok i get U hidden grammar. Dulmi
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by dabossman(m): 1:46pm On Oct 04, 2014
Emeca:

'Building' a team involves getting d right mix of players to give u want u want, den 'tweaking' it from tym to tym. The 'building' is not supposed to take forever. Dats what Ikpeba is talking abt. Some of d players he took to d world-cup are nowhere to be found in his recent list. He simply replaced dem with a bunch of UNTESTED average players. It makes d team dysfunctional.

What Barca and Bayern are doin is 'tweaking' their team. They have gone past building. They drop and add one or two players....but their system of play remains d same. Even the players they added are quality players that made a difference at their former clubs. You cant say d same for players Keshi invited.

Same for Germany. The core of d team that took them to d semi-finals in 2010 still remains. D coach only replaced those that retired and those who lost form with BETTER players......compare d line up against Spain at d 2010 semi-final and d 2014 finals team; there are only two players he dropped on account of form, d other two retired. He picked Sami Khedira for this year's event (notwithstanding d fact he only played 2 matches in d last 4 months for Madrid prior to d competition and was an injury risk) because he was already a TRIED and TESTED player. Keshi dropped Sunday Mba - a player who was crucial to Nigeria's success in d last AFCON - because he 'wasnt motivated enough' . We all saw hw d midfield collapsed against France when Onazi was taken off....Keshi had no reliable person to bring on to fill dat gap. All d tym he spent testing was for notin when it mattered most. He even wasted d opportunity afforded him by d Confederations Cup to build on d team.

What Keshi has been doin is what Man U is doin now....building a team.....are u not seeing d mixed results Man U are getting. Man U will soon get past dis stage once they get their acts right but I cant say d same for Keshi with d way and manner he goes abt his coaching.

Semantics my friend, semantics. Has Keshi's team changed that much in the last two years? Can yo not predict at least 8 of his starting 11? The back four hardly changes barring injuries; Ambrose, Oboabona, Omeruo, Echejiele. His midfield trio always has Mikel and Onazi, the only trouble spot being who completes the 3. That has rotated between Igiebor, Mba, and recently Ramon Azeez. Front 3 same scenario, Musa, Emenike are almost constant, while the third man has rotated between Oduamadi, Ideye and recently Osaze with his World Cup recall and Babatunde.

So Keshi too has basically been tweaking. I would say his bench even experiences more of the tweaking largely because we don't have solid replacements for most positions. And that problem dates beyond Keshi. We are yet to replace Okocha, Finidi, Yekini, Oliseh and the likes. The guys we have now can't tie those dudes shoelaces.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:50pm On Oct 04, 2014
vislabraye:

How many changes did Westeroff make in the USA 94 squad? The first 11 in the Nations Cup was the same in the WC. And those were the best we had in the country that time.
Those players were the best. They were Super bit it did not stop Coach Western of from scouting new talents. That is why a player like Sunday Okiseh could break into the squad at a young are. The job is never done.

So criticising the coach for inviting debutants is ignorant from Ikpeba.
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:54pm On Oct 04, 2014
dabossman:

Semantics my friend, semantics. Has Keshi's team changed that much in the last two years? Can yo not predict at least 8 of his starting 11? The back four hardly changes barring injuries; Ambrose, Oboabona, Omeruo, Echejiele. His midfield trio always has Mikel and Onazi, the only trouble spot being who completes the 3. That has rotated between Igiebor, Mba, and recently Ramon Azeez. Front 3 same scenario, Musa, Emenike are almost constant, while the third man has rotated between Oduamadi, Ideye and recently Osaze with his World Cup recall and Babatunde.

So Keshi too has basically been tweaking. I would say his bench even experiences more of the tweaking largely because we don't have solid replacements for most positions. And that problem dates beyond Keshi. We are yet to replace Okocha, Finidi, Yekini, Oliseh and the likes. The guys we have now can't tie those dudes shoelaces.
After Atlanta 96, the greats of Okocha, Kanu, Oliseh, Ikpeba, Amokachi, Amunike, Celestine Babayaro, Mobi, Tijani could not achieve success. Yet, Coach Keshi should be crucified after working with talents who can not lace these legends shoes.
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by abatically(m): 2:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
vislabraye:

That is a silly comparison right there. 1994 was out golden era and we haven't produced real talents since the class of 1994. In fact the only world class player we had post 94 was KANU nwankwo and since then we never had a world class player.

But since u want names, I can tell u that Chidi nwanu never played in the 1994 nations cup but was an integra part of 1994 world cup.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by tobymichael(m): 2:38pm On Oct 04, 2014
Ex-footballers wey suppose talk no talk na Ikpeba dey talk...mtchewwwww, nonsense. I will never forgive that penalty he missed against cameroon... /*Ikpeba's accent*/ Chhesea and penarity.
f*ukn guy

1 Like

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by xtervaganza(m): 2:41pm On Oct 04, 2014
Keshi has lost it?

Help am find am na
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by mpowa(m): 2:48pm On Oct 04, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
What you guys do not get is that our World Cup group was tough. The Iranians put up a good match against Argentina. The Bosnians were tough against Argentina. With the likes of Dzeko and Vedad Ibisevic. The French team had to injure Onazi and Ambrose to stop us. How can that be a poor performance with a team who lack real Super Stars.

If i hear! With the pedigree of Nigeria, that's like the easiest group we can get. what should Ghana or ivory coast say? If the players at our disposal are well utilized and coach's tactics was on point, we ought to have won Iran and Bosnia convincingly and go slog it out with Argentina, everything we did, we did with labour, even the only win we had was controversial, Dzeko's fine goal was disallowed while ours was a clear foul.
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by vislabraye(m): 2:55pm On Oct 04, 2014
duni04:

Keshi's fault or the FA? They were the ones promising to make him the highest paid coach in Africa to persuade him from resigning. When he chaged his mind and said he wasn't resigning again, no contract again. Instead we're hearing rumours of a german coach. Keshi's coaching is rubbish but our FA is also rubbish.

He should know who he's dealing with. U don't make promises based on mouth. It should be in black and white.
They are putting him through this mess because he did't leave at the right time.
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by vislabraye(m): 3:08pm On Oct 04, 2014
abatically:

That is a silly comparison right there. 1994 was out golden era and we haven't produced real talents since the class of 1994. In fact the only world class player we had post 94 was KANU nwankwo and since then we never had a world class player.

But since u want names, I can tell u that Chidi nwanu never played in the 1994 nations cup but was an integra part of 1994 world cup.

Some of you here just claim to be wise. Who were our key players then ? Yes Chidi Nwanu was included but he was not an inexperienced player. He was already mature. Can you call that rebuilding? He was a fantastic player no doubt about it but did Westerhoff change the whole setting ? Yekini was still our points man, Amokachi, Okocha, Finidi were amongst our best attackers. That's why the team became so good because the played 2geda for a long time.

My point is, where are the players that won the NC ? Now do you use green horns to execute a match you need to win at all cost ? Even if we have to build a team, this is not the right time.
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by Emeca: 3:26pm On Oct 04, 2014
dabossman:

He says it himself dat he is building a team because he knows d team he has nw are not performing to expectation.
You can only 'tweak' a team after u you get dem to play d way u desire. Dats a far cry from what we see with d underperforming Eagles. If he is tweaking d team right nw we shouldnt be struggling especially when he had d chance to build a team after 3 major competitions.

Its not just team selection. His coaching techniques are suspect. The technical mistakes seen in d previous match are blatantly displayed in d next match....same ineffective long balls, same poor corner-kick taking, etc. He choses to blame some players when he fully knows its his job to get d best from dem. He doesnt even have d balls to drop d underwhelming Mikel and try another midfield combination. If dis is d way he wants to build his team den we might as well give him a lifetime contract.

Keshi has notin new to offer. We need new ideas and approach.
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by Emeca: 3:36pm On Oct 04, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
You would have put Mba to battle with Matuidi?

Matuidi would have slaughtered Mba, just as he would have slaughtered Azeez if he had graced that field that day.

did u watch mba in d confederations cup?? Mba is somewhat technically gifted and would have performed more dan any other midfielder Keshi had on d bench. U are over-rating Matuidi btw.
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by Emeca: 3:49pm On Oct 04, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:

every group in d world-cup is tough. No team is a walk-over. D Iranians proved tough and almost qualified because they basically parked d bus. Dat also qualifies as performance. We went with a defensive approach and dats what got us dat far. When our key defensive midfielder was injured, we broke apart. An ideal team ought to be all-around.
Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by abatically(m): 3:55pm On Oct 04, 2014
vislabraye:

Some of you here just claim to be wise. Who were our key players then ? Yes Chidi Nwanu was included but he was not an inexperienced player. He was already mature. Can you call that rebuilding? He was a fantastic player no doubt about it but did Westerhoff change the whole setting ? Yekini was still our points man, Amokachi, Okocha, Finidi were amongst our best attackers. That's why the team became so good because the played 2geda for a long time.

My point is, where are the players that won the NC ? Now do you use green horns to execute a match you need to win at all cost ? Even if we have to build a team, this is not the right time.

Dude, u all talk as if keshi changed his whole team when he is just tweaking and trying to discover one or 2 players to add to the ones he already have. This is still the same team that went to afcon. Our back 4 has remained unchanged. The midfield trio is still Mikel, onazi and one space for babatunde/azeez/ uchebo/whoever keshi finds. The attack is still musa, emenike and osaze was added for the world cup. So basically only one spot is vacant in the attack . that means keshi has at least 8 regulars in his team, so why do u guys keep saying he is changing his team? I just don't get it. Its not like he changed 5 or 6 players all at once.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by Edmomd(m): 3:58pm On Oct 04, 2014
We problems in Nigeria that has affected the way we think. Imagine an ex- international who cannot think beyond present. Who knows Finidi, Okocha, Ikpeba before they were called up to the Super Eagles? Imagine Ikpeba expecting Keshi calling Ike Uche, Obafemi of 30+ to Super Eagle? Where will all these players be in the next four years? It took Spain and Germany more than 5 yrs to have the crops of players they have now. Let somebody some where tell Ikpeba that what we need is young and promising footballers that can still be usefull for the next 10 yrs.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by abatically(m): 4:02pm On Oct 04, 2014
vislabraye:

U are asking for the players that won the nations cup as if they are not the same players in the eagles camp?
Goalkeeper: enyeama
Defence: ambrose, omeruo, oboabona, echiejile
Midfield: Mikel, onazi, mba
Attack: musa, emenike, ideye

Are these not the players that won the nations cup? are they not still the players that played the last 2 qualifiers? With the exception of enyeama that excused himself, ideye that was dropped because u all never liked him, and then Sunday mba. So basically the team is missing only mba and ideye and u all are saying keshi is changing his team? Smh.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by niceman24(m): 4:17pm On Oct 04, 2014
We nigerins and our media r nt helping our futbal, check d history of our ex-international d way they retaire so quick in our national team compare to other african nation is nt doing us any gud just bc of our criticism, we easily foget d good side so fast. As for ikpeba he is working on script, bt should be ashamed of himself, keshi is a better coach for now so we give him dat oppotunity

1 Like

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by azimibraun: 4:34pm On Oct 04, 2014
Inshort all of una have lost it

1 Like

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by dabossman(m): 4:50pm On Oct 04, 2014
vislabraye:

Yeah right. Amuneke only played in the final of the Nations Cup, yet he started every game at the World Cup. Chidi Nwanu wasn't even at the Nations Cup.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 6:07pm On Oct 04, 2014
Emeca:

every group in d world-cup is tough. No team is a walk-over. D Iranians proved tough and almost qualified because they basically parked d bus. Dat also qualifies as performance. We went with a defensive approach and dats what got us dat far. When our key defensive midfielder was injured, we broke apart. An ideal team ought to be all-around.
The Super Eagles can not be all round without the right kind of players. That is why the Coach has to be supported to continue the building process.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aubameyang To Join Barcelona After Being Stripped Of Arsenal Captaincy / Jose Mourinho Sacked As Roma Coach / Efe Ajagba Representing Nigeria At Rio Olympics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.