Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,797 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction (4583 Views)

Experimental Ebola Drug (ZMapp) On Its Way To Liberia / Obasanjo - PDP Faces Extinction In Lagos / Breaking News! Nigeria On Its Way To An End. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by pazienza(m): 10:05am On Oct 04, 2014
Now, we can see that no part of Igboland is more important or have more potential than other parts, rather all parts of Igboland are units/component parts that together makes up a working machine known as the IGBO NATION. Without any of the units, no matter how small and insignificant the unit might appear to the myopic ones, this machine known as the IGBO NATION,is never going to start, but rather like a malfunctioning submarine, would be submerged in the sea of fierce and rival nations.
The choice is ours, we either sail and soar as a unit, or become submerged as units.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by pazienza(m): 10:10am On Oct 04, 2014
There is no need for competition amongst Ndiigbo, the role that every Igbo block has to perform to keep the Igbo nation thicking had already been carefully pre destined and selected by Chukwu.
Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by valicious1(m): 10:18am On Oct 04, 2014
pazienza:
Anioma and Imo has Asaba and Owerri, two towns with
Hope you know you never gave any detailed analysis on Imo state as u did others

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by pazienza(m): 10:27am On Oct 04, 2014
Ebonyi through it's fertile lands would produce the raw materials needed for production, the industries in Aba, Onitsha and Nnewi would process the raw materials and add value to them for both local consumption and export, these industries would be powered using electricity generated from Enugu coal and the Crude oil and natural gas reserves found mainly in the Rivers block and some in the Imo/Anioma block. The intellectuals from all the blocks would provide innovations to keep the industries competitive in the world market, the final products would be exported via the Ndoki sea port. Money generated would be reinvested to improve and unlock the tourism potentials of Owerri and Asaba, which would in time be a source of revenue for the government. The leaders would be in Enugu making policies that would further enrich the country. The industries would provide employment for our youths.
There is space in the Igbo nation for all of us.

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by ak47mann(m): 10:27am On Oct 04, 2014
Ebonyi govt should allow their mineral resources to be exploit by people who are willing to invest heavily in their state,that old man elechi is very slow or should i say too old to govern a local govt. Ibeto could have invested heavily in nkalagu cement and create many jobs and more income for them but short sighted elechi refused.. cool
Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 04, 2014
pazienza:
Ebonyi through it's fertile lands would produce the raw materials needed for production, the industries in Aba, Onitsha and Nnewi would process the raw materials and add value to them for both local consumption and export, these industries would be powered using electricity generated from Enugu coal and the Crude oil and natural gas reserves found mainly in the Rivers block and some in the Imo/Anioma block. The intellectuals from all the blocks would provide innovations to keep the industries competitive in the world market, the final products would be exported via the Ndoki sea port. Money generated would be reinvested to improve and unlock the tourism potentials of Owerri and Asaba, which would in time be a source of revenue for the government. The leaders would be in Enugu making policies that would further enrich the country. The industries would provide employment for our youths.
There is space in the Igbo nation for all of us.
I wonder why SE leaders don't gather together to forge a united SE that would appear as a greater country in another country?
I think our leaders are myopic, short-sighted and individualistic.
The point above would have been easily orchestrated out if the entire SE governors were of same party and same agenda.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by pazienza(m): 10:50am On Oct 04, 2014
valicious1:

Hope you know you never gave any detailed analysis on Imo state as u did others

Ndi imo need no detailed analysis to show how irreplaceable and important they are to the Igbo nation.
How can they, when they have people like Chioma ajunwa, Perpetual Nkwocha, Iheanachor,Emenike,etc. Names that every Igbo man takes pride in and revere in their success, names that put the Igbo in the world map.
Isn't imo an oil producing state with a substantial natural gas reserve? A state that stands in excellence in all human endeavour, has Imo not been the clear leader in Education in JAMB stats for years, second to no other. Take a look at the map of Igboland, can you excise Imo from Igboland without leaving a gaping hole in Igboland? Now you know why Imo is truely the Eastern(Igbo) HEARTland, the Igbo nation simply cant survive without it's HEARTland, even Ojukwu knew this, that's why we have the Ahiara(Ahiara is in Imo) declaration.
Nwanna, rapu okwu, na okwu aburo nni.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by valicious1(m): 11:37am On Oct 04, 2014
pazienza:

Ndi imo need no detailed analysis to show how irreplaceable and important they are to the Igbo nation.
How can they, when they have people like Chioma ajunwa, Perpetual Nkwocha, Iheanachor,Emenike,etc. Names that every Igbo man takes pride in and revere in their success, names that put the Igbo in the world map.
Isn't imo an oil producing state with a substantial natural gas reserve? A state that stands in excellence in all human endeavour, has Imo not been the clear leader in Education in JAMB stats for years, second to no other. Take a look at the map of Igboland, can you excise Imo from Igboland without leaving a gaping hole in Igboland? Now you know why Imo is truely the Eastern(Igbo) HEARTland, the Igbo nation simply cant survive without it's HEARTland, even Ojukwu knew this, that's why we have the Ahiara(Ahiara is in Imo) declaration.
Nwanna, rapu okwu, na okwu aburo nni.
cheesy cheesy tanx bro
Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by Michdear(f): 11:51am On Oct 04, 2014
Bonny island do come to my mind whenever I see the six letters EBONYI,lol we hardly heard about the state,probably once in 2/3 years on national news,heard they do eat humans in some of the villages and settlements there,but seriously ebonyi people are good ambassadors to igbo nation,hardworking women ,humble and more peaceful set of people.
Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 04, 2014
Michdear:
Bonny island do come to my mind whenever I see the six letters EBONYI,lol we hardly heard about the state,probably once in 2/3 years on national news,heard they do eat humans in some of the villages and settlements there,but seriously ebonyi people are good ambassadors to igbo nation,hardworking women ,humble and more peaceful set of people.
Eat human beings? SMH. If I can believe that then I'll believe you are an illiterate.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by arresa: 5:49pm On Oct 04, 2014
Another Ibo on ibo atrocity and mayhem.. you people don't get tired...? Smh.
Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 04, 2014
I think the problem is that the governor, Martin Elechi, is an underwhelming character with an overly staid personality, worsened by an aversion for media and publicity. During Sam Egwu's administration, Ebonyi enjoyed much better media attention because of the vibrancy of the man (and his wife) at the helm of affairs.
Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by emmysoftyou: 6:44pm On Oct 06, 2014
UCyril:
u said women work harder than men.pls explain?
wow sory i came late,bros,am not sayin d men dont work harder,wel what i mean is that,
where work is needed,the women carry d highest numba dan men...
take a trip there and see most of d hustlin places like where they are building house..
the greater numbers there among d brick layers re greatest numbers of women involve there..
i am nt frm ebonyi but i wish to build a house there..
I lov their capital,and they hav tarred road..

I remain faithful to the entire igboland.. grin cool

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by emmysoftyou: 7:27pm On Oct 06, 2014
pizienza ,
yur wish towards the igbo nation wil come to pass one day...amen
mark my world.. Broda

but if some of the anambrarians wants to feel dat otha igbo subgroup re inferior..like wat they call enugwu pple {wawa}
then sth unexpected wil befall some of them that make use of pride words......
If some of d arrogant anambrarian do not stop their arrogant attitude towards their brodas in d east...
i reserve my comment as they re stil my brodas

We the igbos shuld see otha igbos like anioma,anambra.imo,opobo/etche,the real ikwere igbo,abia,ebonyi,ndoma igbo and enugu as one..
not d one dat wil kum out and tell us that d first rich man is frm ma vilage.. ?

what of those have the food basket of the eastern nation like ebonyi eeh?
we cant do without each otha.
we nid them they nid us,accordin to aristotle,no man is an island.
ebonyi state pples, unu jokwa o

i remain faithful to d entire igbo land..

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by UCyril: 10:12pm On Oct 06, 2014
emmysoftyou:
wow sory i came late,bros,am not sayin d men dont work harder,wel what i mean is that,
where work is needed,the women carry d highest numba dan men...
take a trip there and see most of d hustlin places like where they are building house..
the greater numbers there among d brick layers re greatest numbers of women involve there..
i am nt frm ebonyi but i wish to build a house there..
I lov their capital,and they hav tarred road..

I remain faithful to the entire igboland.. grin cool
now u mentioned only brick layers.what of agriculture,biz,public service,real estate owners, sports,professionals like doctor,lawyers, engineers, bankers,prof in universities,politics,entertainment etc do dey also ve more women. Sometimes people just come online and say what dey don't no.some of does women dat do brick layer jobs their husband might be late or too old to provide for d family dat why am against an old man getting married to a young girl eg a man of 50yrs getting married to a girl of 18yrs.by d time d man will be 70yrs d woman will just be 38yrs.
Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by EdCure: 10:33pm On Oct 06, 2014
Vessi:
Eat human beings? SMH. If I can believe that then I'll believe you are an illiterate.
It's true. I've heared this from some Ebonyi indegenes themselves.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 06, 2014
EdCure:

It's true. I've heared this from some Ebonyi indegenes themselves.
I don't do rumours mate. Facts/proofs or they are all myths.
Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by EdCure: 10:51pm On Oct 06, 2014
Vessi:
I don't do rumours mate. Facts/proofs or they are all myths.
I cannot furnish you with more facts or proofs and i don't intend to argue with you or malign any Ebonyian.
It happens and, like i said, i had close to 6 Ebonyians at one of our houses in the village. Six people cannot be all wrong. Believe me.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by enekentioba: 12:33am On Oct 07, 2014
olamilekan0:
Ebonyi is a complete farmland. I wish ndibo should convert the entire state into their farmland since SE do not have enough land..
Osun state is a shot hole. Osogbo is a disgrace to modernity.

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by oneeast2: 1:38am On Oct 07, 2014
Ebonyi as a farm settlement is in dire need of development.. cool
Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by oneeast2: 1:53am On Oct 07, 2014
Ebonyi should be shared out to the other 4 SE states as a farmland because they are barely existing.. cool
Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by achi4u(m): 1:56am On Oct 07, 2014
Op I have nothing to tell you but you lack wisdom.
I rep Ebonyi state.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by oneeast2: 1:57am On Oct 07, 2014
He lacks wisdom because he is telling you the bitter truth.. grin grin grin grin

Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by oneeast2: 1:59am On Oct 07, 2014
Are you sure about that? cool shocked

DONGOYARO1:
There are more ibos in Kano than they are in Ebonyi which is even an ibo state
Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by achi4u(m): 2:03am On Oct 07, 2014
ak47mann:
Ebonyi govt should allow their mineral resources to be exploit by people who are willing to invest heavily in their state,that old man elechi is very slow or should i say too old to govern a local govt. Ibeto could have invested heavily in nkalagu cement and create many jobs and more income for them but short sighted elechi refused.. cool
Here you come again with this ur Ibeto stuff.
Did Ibeto approached Ebonyi government?
Rather he went an connived with the local chiefs there to reap Ebonyi government off.
If u don't know what happened then ask question.
Again, Who told you that Elechi is not performing?
Have u been to Ebonyi state?
Oya keep quite and face ur business.
Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by oneeast2: 2:08am On Oct 07, 2014
shocked shocked
Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by achi4u(m): 2:12am On Oct 07, 2014
oneeast2:
Ebonyi should be shared out to the other 4 SE states as a farmland because they are barely existing.. cool
hahahaha Chino what part of Ebonyi will you take den because as a sickle cell anemia you are,you can't dig a ground for a crop to grow.
So,loose out.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by Nobody: 2:17am On Oct 07, 2014
Do you know that without salt, a human being cannot survive for long. Salt is an essential element for survival, that was one of the reasons so many Igbos especially children died during the civil war. The Irony of it all is that EBONYI state has the Largest salt deposit (possibly the only) in nigeria. In fact a company was just given mining licence few day ago to start mining the salt for local use and future export.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by Nobody: 2:23am On Oct 07, 2014
olamilekan0:
Ebonyi is a complete farmland. I wish Ndigbo should convert the entire state into their farmland since SE do not have enough land..

F.OOL

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:18am On Oct 07, 2014
pazienza:
Enugu needs no introduction. Enugu represents the centre of modern Igbo achievements, a centre of unity for all Igbo groups, our very own Washington DC, the epitome of Igbo unity where every Igbo person can feel part of. Enugu has got a bit of what the rest of the Igbo groups have, they have fertile lands but not in Ebonyi magnitude, Industrial potential, but not in Abia and Anambra magnitude, the tourist and nolly wood potentials but not in Owerri/Anioma magnitude, the Energy source found in the Rivers region, but in coal and not in Crude oil and natural gas, a huge intellectual and human resources,but not in the magnitude found in the Anambra/Abia/Imo/Anioma blocks.

Enugu is a perfect blend of everything good found in all parts of Igboland in many proportions. It's a true centre of Igbo unity, the pride of all true Igbo sons, the future capital of an Igbo country.

Enugu hosts nollywood a lot o
Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by pazienza(m): 7:24am On Oct 07, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Enugu hosts nollywood a lot o

Ya, but Asaba is now ahead of Enugu in nollywood ish.
Re: Ebonyi state, on its way to extinction by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 07, 2014
NAIJASOM:
Do you know that without salt, a human being cannot survive for long. Salt is an essential element for survival, that was one of the reasons so many Igbos especially children died during the civil war. The Irony of it all is that EBONYI state has the Largest salt deposit (possibly the only) in nigeria. In fact a company was just given mining licence few day ago to start mining the salt for local use and future export.
What company is that? And what location will b mined?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Sends Buruji Kashamu A One-way Ticket To USA / Made In Aba Military Kits Go To Abuja- Photos / Northern Senators Forum: “we Will Go Our Separate Ways If Fulani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.