Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? - Career (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? (151355 Views)

The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? / Salary Of Fresh Graduate Level 8 At Nigerian Communications Commission - NCC / Average Salary For A Lawyer In A Law Firm In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by ubahtraco: 6:57am On Oct 05, 2014
lowest recruit earn 48k dat the tru of it
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Gbemini(m): 7:09am On Oct 05, 2014
Raymondenyi:
u wrong sire; Nig. Army recruits . 80k/month; d sub leitenants; -- 180k/month; confirmed n factual;

Its d police recruits dat earn 40k/month.
hhhm please always confirm before u spread rumour please, new recruit collect salary less that what u re telling people,we are in the system and we know what we re earning.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by sunny5letters(m): 7:13am On Oct 05, 2014
Private soldier 55k
Airforce air man 80k
Navy ordinary seman 75k
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by InvertedHammer: 7:19am On Oct 05, 2014
gtrust:

This is actually correct!
Approximately less than $250,000 per annum for a Psychologist per annum including deployment and out station allowance etc.

There are many Nigerian boys and girls doing these jobs and funniest part is most don't even have their Green Card yet
\
A General in the US army does not earn N250k/year. And you are talking about a psychologist [Ph.D] ( by the way top ones are Colonels). Stop spreading all these BS! I have access to what these guys make in a year and nothing close to these numbers you are throwing around. The people who make more are private security guards for security firms like Blackwater. But those guys are Special ops and ex-Marines. A US military psychologist that sees $150k/year (very very rare) must have been a psychologist for at least 20 years. Go figure.

Under the military:

Gen. Surgery about $350k/yr
Anaesthesiologists: $250k/yr
Other physicians: $200k/yr
Nurse anaesthetists: $160k/yr
Pharmacists: $130k/yr
Psychologists: $110k/yr
Nurses: $100k/yr.

All are with at least 10 yrs work experience.

..Quote me anywhere.

/

/

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 05, 2014
osile2012:
will u stand under the sun and expose ur life to the danger of death on a daily bases for 80k? Be transferred without prior notice for 80k?

What did you mean? Is it not of recent the issue of security challenges became so serious, what have they been doing before now, what of the police officers that has been on ground either there is security challenge or not, to serve in NA is not by force and before you get enlisted you already know your responsibilities and the nature of the job, moreover ; did you know how many people that are struggling to get this job.

Well, I appreciate their efforts and its an opportunity serving our Nation, just as I did during my NYSC.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by happydays1(m): 7:40am On Oct 05, 2014
spenc:
[Raymondenyi:
u wrong sire; Nig. Army recruits . 80k/month; d sub
leitenants; -- 180k/month; confirmed n factual;
Its d police recruits dat earn 40k/month.]

Wrong, very wrong.

Private - 59k
Lcpl- 62k
Cpl - 67k
Sgt- 70k
SSgt- 87k
Wo- 100k
Mwo 150k

the figures above vary a little based on the number of years spent on the rank. I am not on a guess ride cus i am involved. If not for the ongoing Army GCM i would have scanned a payslip for all to see. Please before u post anything ensure itz a fact.
u seems right, but i tort a private "corofo" earns about 49k
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Audumusa: 7:47am On Oct 05, 2014
A young Soldier earns less than 50K, Soldiers that earn up to 80K now must hav serve up to 15-20yrs nd must hav grown to the rank Staff Sergent so wit dis info, do u still think dat d salary is ok compare to our economy?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by mcvelli(m): 7:55am On Oct 05, 2014
any amount from 60k is fair for a private soldier who's less than 20, given accommodation, no pension contribution, free healthcare, and with only SSC. If a graduate with state ministries are paid just 50k, or less in most other states after 4 years or more rigorous training. as said by many nairalanders, these soldiers should invest big time in the first ten years. for the officers, complaints from them shows they're ingrates, as most Nigerians don't earn fractions of what they earn. opinion is mine.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Audumusa: 7:58am On Oct 05, 2014
I'm a L/Cpl in the Nigeria Army nd I hav serve up to 13yrs and I've being to several operation but what I earn on a monthly bases is 54K wit wife nd 3 children.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by blakky97(m): 8:09am On Oct 05, 2014
BlackTechnology:

80k is good enough for a recruit who is not a graduate.

If he invests a part of those salaries every month for 10yrs, he would be able to establish a good business for himself that can take care of him after retirement.

Remember

It is not how much you earn that matters but how much you are able to set aside to invest for businesses

So when picking a job, you look at how much you can set aside to invest for businesses

For me a SSCE holder earning 80k can invest 30k every month which will amount to over 3.6million in 10yrs sufficient enough to start up a good part time business during his remaining military years.

For a graduate earning 180k, if he invests at least 80k every month, it will amount to 9.6million after 10 yrs. Sufficient enough to start up a good part time business during his remaining military years.

But first we must verify their real incomes

Examples of good business abeg. I know how to work and save but not invest
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Cabsso(m): 8:11am On Oct 05, 2014
dober:
Hmmm. Na em make these army recruits too de vex..
lol as if u knw, guy if u enter dia trap ehn my God ur 2nd name na DIE!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by mcwizard(m): 8:15am On Oct 05, 2014
osile2012:
will u stand under the sun and expose ur life to the danger of death on a daily bases for 80k? Be transferred without prior notice for 80k?
. But people dey rush am nw but to be sincere no amount of money worth dia service, kudos to dis guys.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by usmanbaba(m): 8:15am On Oct 05, 2014
Private earn 48k, reliable and concrate information from a barrack boy
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by AdekunleBalogun: 8:34am On Oct 05, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

That wasn't the career I chose. Army recruits in the UK earn very close to the minimum wage. A policeman should actually earn significantly more than a soldier considering the work they do.

Oh... How naïve you are, did you consider the social amenities in UK? Did you consider the standard of living in the UK and Nigeria? It people like you that make the politicians feels like they are doing us a favor.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by poseidon12: 8:56am On Oct 05, 2014
JuanDeDios:

I don't think any such thing. I know it. A soldier can't tell a civilian to lie down or arrest a civilian in the US or any country that functions properly that is not under some state of emergency. But since Nigeria has been a dysfunctional state for a long time I can sympathise wIth people like you who don't understand civil-military relations.

You are very correct. In the US and any other normal country, it is the police that enforces the law and carries out arrests of even soldiers. Soldiers are almost like civilians. This fact would understandably be difficult for the average Nigerian who has not travelled outside Nigeria to believe. Most American civilians (whether they are security guards or police or doctor or teacher or engineer etc)you meet have served in the military anyway.
So who are you to intimidate or humiliate such a person.
I really think the nysc should be converted to compulsory military service and extended to 2 yrs.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by 1miccza: 9:10am On Oct 05, 2014
Raymondenyi:
I'mm really disappointed; a sensible human will make dis kind of comment; I mean its embarrasing, bro; what re u saying? 80k ; to givve u a gun; for u to risk ur life; n u say; the pay is not dat bad? Bro re u sure u really sane? God help us; in what poverty in dis con3 has turned our youths into..

Smh our brain has been addled due to the situation in the nation God help us all
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by JuanDeDios: 9:29am On Oct 05, 2014
poseidon12:

You are very correct. In the US and any other normal country, it is the police that enforces the law and carries out arrests of even soldiers. Soldiers are almost like civilians. This fact would understandably be difficult for the average Nigerian who has not travelled outside Nigeria to believe. Most American civilians (whether they are security guards or police or doctor or teacher or engineer etc)you meet have served in the military anyway.
So who are you to intimidate or humiliate such a person.
I really think the nysc should be converted to compulsory military service and extended to 2 yrs.
Been saying it. Make military service compulsory for male members of the scheme and voluntary for the females.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by olajide8(m): 10:11am On Oct 05, 2014
Omololu007:
i dont need to tell u d company he was workin for before,he has more dan 6yrs experience,i dont even need to proof anytin to u
For you to earn that you must either be at the rank of BBM, SBO or AM with at least 10years experience with at least 2 banks- even an ICT person with ICAN certification, even if he has MSCE wouldn't land that pack -
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by gtrust: 10:19am On Oct 05, 2014
Osahon7:
They may know how to use it but what am saying is they DONOT go to war front!! Even civilians do have private gun••dey are not combatant

My friend, don't say what you don't know.
Now listen and let me educate you:

Field Ambulance is set up right at the war front and it's the most important part of military deployment.
2nd: Enemy combatants will try to destroy your field ambulance as this crucial piece will increase your casualties and also decrease morale.

You probably watch a lot of movies but in real war there is real blood and injuries!!!
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Rujiano(m): 10:21am On Oct 05, 2014
Those guys are really trying, i was thinking that the lowest at least will be from 100k, not knowing is just 80k, for the risk, for the heat, imagine some got families and children.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by gtrust: 10:25am On Oct 05, 2014
InvertedHammer:

\
A General in the US army does not earn N250k/year. And you are talking about a psychologist [Ph.D] ( by the way top ones are Colonels). Stop spreading all these BS! I have access to what these guys make in a year and nothing close to these numbers you are throwing around. The people who make more are private security guards for security firms like Blackwater. But those guys are Special ops and ex-Marines. A US military psychologist that sees $150k/year (very very rare) must have been a psychologist for at least 20 years. Go figure.

Under the military:

Gen. Surgery about $350k/yr
Anaesthesiologists: $250k/yr
Other physicians: $200k/yr
Nurse anaesthetists: $160k/yr
Pharmacists: $130k/yr
Psychologists: $110k/yr
Nurses: $100k/yr.

All are with at least 10 yrs work experience.

..Quote me anywhere.

/
gtrust:

This is actually correct!
Approximately less than $250,000 per annum for a Psychologist per annum including deployment and out station allowance etc.

There are many Nigerian boys and girls doing these jobs and funniest part is most don't even have their Green Card yet

/

Read my post again:
When you're deployed as a Psychologist in US Military for 3 straight years in Iraq yes you can get approximately $250,000 per annum all inclusive!!!
Almost $750,000 = almost 100 million Naira.

There are many Nigerian boys and girls touching this money as we speak (write).
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 05, 2014
gallantsoldier I see u oo
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by IYANGBALI: 10:36am On Oct 05, 2014
Nursy:
Why can't you think of anything aside that? I nor get wetin to tell u sha, u r free to dwell in ur imagination. Btw, every woman nor dey like you kiss
soja wife,how him blokos? grin
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by IYANGBALI: 10:38am On Oct 05, 2014
Humblesam:

Kai!!! You are really a hard nut.
You should take it easy here because I know that outside this forum you are just the opposite.
says who?
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by gtrust: 10:39am On Oct 05, 2014
Some people just like talking and arguing while others are smiling to the bank.

I visited an uncle who was then unemployed but "surviving" by selling pure-water sachets.
I spent 10 minutes there & told him " you can build a house with this oh" and my uncle fell down laughing at me and worse still, another suffer head friend of his joined in that laughter.

Ok now, I went off and bought him a 350 ml original deep freezer.
The next year I visited Nigeria, they came to "greet" me with goat and Original Remy Martins!
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by corruptst(m): 10:41am On Oct 05, 2014
hunter21:

the salary is not that bad so why do they keep complaining
My good guess is dat u r still a dependant or possibly working n earning less dn 10k per month
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by osile2012: 10:43am On Oct 05, 2014
freeboy604:

What did you mean? Is it not of recent the issue of security challenges became so serious, what have they been doing before now, what of the police officers that has been on ground either there is security challenge or not, to serve in NA is not by force and before you get enlisted you already know your responsibilities and the nature of the job, moreover ; did you know how many people that are struggling to get this job.

Well, I appreciate their efforts and its an opportunity serving our Nation, just as I did during my NYSC.
What they have been doing before ? They have been going on peace keeping missions to fight in countries that are not theirs. Exposing themselves to enemies of other countries.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by osile2012: 10:45am On Oct 05, 2014
gtrust:
Some people just like talking and arguing while others are smiling to the bank.

I visited an uncle who was then unemployed but "surviving" by selling pure-water sachets.
I spent 10 minutes there & told him " you can build a house with this oh" and my uncle fell down laughing at me and worse still, another suffer head friend of his joined in that laughter.

Ok now, I went off and bought him a 350 ml original deep freezer.
The next year I visited Nigeria, they came to "greet" me with goat and Original Remy Martins!
lol So is the goat the house u told him he will build? grin grin
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by gallantsoldier(m): 10:53am On Oct 05, 2014
freeboy604:

. Bros be4 this boko haram of a thing started na u der guard oil pipeline 4 southsouth or what about the niger delta militant the UN peace mission sudan liberia sierraleone mali and when the fulanis wer attacking different villages in north or u don 4get about bakasi fight u don go any army barrack may u see the numbers of soldiers on duty. If u joining the NA because of salary or lake of job u are making a big mistake and only welcome to depot self people der die in the process when we never start training

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by gtrust: 10:54am On Oct 05, 2014
osile2012:
lol So is the goat the house u told him he will build? grin grin

He built his house!
The business expanded so badly (in a good way) that the man owns trucks and covers even wider areas!
His water was clean and always very cold (thanks to me INITIALLY) and he put some competitors out of business only to re employ them as distributors.

Na big man dey take goat come greet person for my place!!!
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by olajide8(m): 11:09am On Oct 05, 2014
Omololu007:
i dont need to tell u d company he was workin for before,he has more dan 6yrs experience,i dont even need to proof anytin to u
For you to earn that you muust either be at the rank of BBM, SBO or AM with at least 10years experience with at least 2 banks-

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? / Logistics Or Supply Chain Management / Salary Of Fresh Graduate Level 8 At Nigerian Communications Commission - NCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.