Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,772 members, 7,813,557 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? (151326 Views)

The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? / Salary Of Fresh Graduate Level 8 At Nigerian Communications Commission - NCC / Average Salary For A Lawyer In A Law Firm In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by aris2014(m): 8:05pm On Oct 04, 2014
joker5180:
it is not the same, corruption is the major differential.
How e go take person b4 he reach oga at the top?
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Chinom(m): 8:05pm On Oct 04, 2014
Omololu007:
well i bliv,pple are joinin d army,cos dey wanna defend and protect thier country,so they wont care about the money.80k nah change o,a friend of mine jst got a job in a bank and he will b paid 350k every month,he go just dey sit for insyd air condition,dey receive dat amount o,,and i know pple who work in oil companies and earn more dan 600k every month,,but dis soldiers that are risking dia life for u and i,are receivin 80k,u no fit use am buy wine in som hotel...is so dam small.

Liar, liar...first job in a bank and on N350k a month ? !! shocked. Which bank is that in Nigeria. Morgan Chase ?!. Guy, you don't have to exaggerate. Some starting bank workers DONT earn as much as that Recruit.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by gogodaye(m): 8:08pm On Oct 04, 2014
Wrong, very wrong.

Private - 59k
Lcpl- 62k
Cpl - 67k
Sgt- 70k
SSgt- 87k
Wo- 100k
Mwo 150k

the figures above vary a little based on the number of years spent on the rank. I am not on a guess ride cus i am involved. If not for the ongoing Army GCM i would have scanned a payslip for all to see
Damn factual post out here...Their pay ain't the worst, compared to what Police constables earn or the less than 20k stipend grudgingly paid to staff of private security guard companies in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by austinereds(m): 8:09pm On Oct 04, 2014
Raymondenyi:
u wrong sire; Nig. Army recruits . 80k/month; d sub leitenants; -- 180k/month; confirmed n factual;

Its d police recruits dat earn 40k/month.
___army recriuts don't receive 80k per month.where did u get it from dude.so unreal cos am a son of 1...chai.nah wah oh.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Emmadgud(m): 8:09pm On Oct 04, 2014
@Remöndenyi nd others l want 2 bring 2 ur notice that army job is an honourable job,which u do 4 ur country as national service.NB, if u target money 2 enter military, bet me u will die b/f u finish ur training. That is my 50cent.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Chinom(m): 8:09pm On Oct 04, 2014
gee147:
U guys dnt knw nfn abt Army salary,,,a private soja's salary is 49k

That sounds more plausible. That N80k a month is a bit on the high side. However, i would'nt mind if they are paid the N80k. They deserve it.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by victorv12(m): 8:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
BlackTechnology:

80k is good enough for a recruit who is not a graduate.

If he invests a part of those salaries every month for 10yrs, he would be able to establish a good business for himself that can take care of him after retirement.

Remember

It is not how much you earn that matters but how much you are able to set aside to invest for businesses

So when picking a job, you look at how much you can set aside to invest for businesses

For me a SSCE holder earning 80k can invest 30k every month which will amount to over 3.6million in 10yrs sufficient enough to start up a good part time business during his remaining military years.

For a graduate earning 180k, if he invests at least 80k every month, it will amount to 9.6million after 10 yrs. Sufficient enough to start up a good part time business during his remaining military years.

But first we must verify their real incomes

Poverty has finished you mennnn! I can't imagine your standard of living...When your entirety of your earnings are exhausted on food and shelter, your labour are no longer viewed as an opportunity for economic advancement, but rather as an act of self-preservation. In the real world that's called slavery. 80k is nothing, bro! I know some gate men collecting over that. The basic salary of a fresh Nigeria military recruits should be over 400k and above and for a fresh graduate, 500k and above is not bad. Their should be some changes in our labour laws...It should be strongly scrutinised by the Nigeria civil society. It's so sad to say, Nigerians are really suffering.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by atlwireles: 8:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
Lt-Col/Wing Commander/Navy Commander N3,380,086 p.a.

Colonel/Group Captain/Navy Captain N3,715,859 p.a.

Brigadier Gen/Air Commodore/Navy Commodore N7,385,856 p.a.
Maj-Gen/Air Vice Marshal/Rear Admiral N12,038,945 p.a.

Lt-Gen/Air Marshal/Vice Admiral receives N13,363,229.00 p.a.

Generals N16,303,140.00 Per-anum
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
Princecalm:
You should not compare a soldier to a banker,a banker is way above a soldier.But a soldier can also tell a banker to lie flat if he misbehaves.
What an idiotic comment. You know nothing about the military, obviously. Just try to keep your ignorance to yourself next time.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by publicenemy(m): 8:12pm On Oct 04, 2014
Princecharmin:
c ur head like 'free accommodation' angry shey civil servants nor dey get free accommodation ....

civil servants get free accomodation...? i havent heard of that though.

but you need to understand that there are so many graduates after spending years in school are still jobless and some dont even earn as much as 50k.....and here we are talking about a soldier with just ssce or even primary 6 results earning 80k in NIGERIA.....
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by publicenemy(m): 8:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
cannonnier:

Free what. Inside that 80, they will remove house rent, 2k pension, and other nonsense. You will be left with sub-total 50k and a little+.

50k to someone without a university education in a country like NIGERIA....and for a recruit.

there are somany jobless graduate out there and some dont even earn as much...i think its fair.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by FOLLOWJESUS: 8:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
Of a truth looking at the risk and sacrifice this guys make no amount of salary can be quantified to that. The militery is an institution which every citizen should pass through in service to ones father land, In some countries it is compulsery mainly some super power nations so is not question of money but a call to serve and defend onse father land. The NYSC in some countries that service supose to be in the milltery. So is a patrotic duty.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by publicenemy(m): 8:15pm On Oct 04, 2014
killercute16:
broda,the salary of a lance corporal in the united states is higher than that of a master warrant officer in the NIG army.If u want too join the military for money then you have too look somewhere else.

50k to someone without a university education in a country like NIGERIA....and for a recruit.

there are somany jobless graduate out there and some dont even earn as much...i think its fair.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by ACM10: 8:15pm On Oct 04, 2014
spenc:
[Raymondenyi:
u wrong sire; Nig. Army recruits . 80k/month; d sub
leitenants; -- 180k/month; confirmed n factual;
Its d police recruits dat earn 40k/month.]

Wrong, very wrong.

Private - 59k
Lcpl- 62k
Cpl - 67k
Sgt- 70k
SSgt- 87k
Wo- 100k
Mwo 150k

the figures above vary a little based on the number of years spent on the rank. I am not on a guess ride cus i am involved. If not for the ongoing Army GCM i would have scanned a payslip for all to see. Please before u post anything ensure itz a fact.

Na wa o. 59k is not enough for a decent coffin. No wonder why there is a high rate of desertion and cowardice, even against a matchet-wielding foe.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by san316(m): 8:25pm On Oct 04, 2014
Raymondenyi:
u wrong sire; Nig. Army recruits . 80k/month; d sub leitenants; -- 180k/month; confirmed n factual;

it's not factual. The recruits without rank earn around 50, not fixed. The differences vary with higher ranks by 10 to 20k. MWOs, the highest rank earn 150. For The ofcr cadre, 2nd lieutenant earn 180k and goes up according to rank.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Chinom(m): 8:25pm On Oct 04, 2014
victorv12:

Poverty has finished you mennnn! I can't imagine your standard of living...When your entirety of your earnings are exhausted on food and shelter, your labour are no longer viewed as an opportunity for economic advancement, but rather as an act of self-preservation. In the real world that's called slavery. 80k is nothing, bro! I know some gate men collecting over that. The basic salary of a fresh Nigeria military recruits should be over 400k and above...As for a fresh Nigeria graduate, 500k and above. Their should some changes in our labour laws...It should be strongly scrutinised by the Nigeria civil society. It's so sad to say, Nigerians are really suffering.

Here we go again !!. Ol' boy will you go and collect the gabbage at King's cross station before they sack you. We are discussing pay roll for Nigerians in Nigeria. Not for Nigerians in the UK, US or Europe. .....Mitcheeew

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by SailorXY: 8:26pm On Oct 04, 2014
Pain:
The salary of a private in the Nigeria n Army and other services ranges between 40 - 56k monthly depending on your years in svc. Let's get our facts right.

The plain truth of this job (aiki) is that it is less burdensome on your mental fiber if you are in it for the passion and patriotism.

Don't bother joining if you are in it for the money. Word of advice...

Peace out as we recite the honorable soldiers creed : My honour is my fate. I vow my .... Oya let's go!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin aiki kawai grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Rexyl(m): 8:27pm On Oct 04, 2014
x (amount in million) + or - y (in thousand) all in naira

Lobatan

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Okpuzu01(m): 8:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
I am a discharged soldier. U guys comparing a banker wit a soldier shuld tink twice. V u been on top of ur wife at night n u r suddely called to ajuwaya n report to duty? U go on ur annual leave n enjoy it as u lyk nt as for a soldier, he cn spend a week n he is recalled bk to duty. A soldier will be on guard duty for a whole two weeks witout seen his family. Cn u go to ur office n remain der for a whole two weeks witout seen ur family? A soldier cn wear his boot for a whole week witout removing it, cn u wear ur shoes for a whole week witout removing it? V u ever heard d sound of a riffle before? Ordinary kockout will make some of u to shit in ur pant. Do u know wot it means to be in d trench for days witout taking ur bath? Dat riffle u c, wen d magazine is fully loaded, carry it for a whole day n c wot u will feel in ur muscules. Do u know wot it means to be on sentry for hours? Be on parade for hours witout shaking or moving ur body? Cn u live in the bush for weeks or months sleeping in d tent? Do u know d distance soldiers covers wen trecking in an operation? Some of u will treck from Oshodi to Agege during fuel scarcity n be cursing d govt bt a soldier covers miles during an operation cos its nt everywere dat is motorable. My guy, be honest wit urself, does 80k worth all dis?

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by okeyokeyjah(m): 8:31pm On Oct 04, 2014
Somebdy should also help me for FRSC' s own

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by 360command: 8:32pm On Oct 04, 2014
People might not believe me , but somewhere in the 90's people were collecting 7k naira monthly salary. Somewhere in the early 2000, people where collecting 40k naira. And these were senior officers I am talking about. Good to read that senior officers collects 180k naira. I remember d days...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 04, 2014
It depends on the soldier's rank
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by coolebux(m): 8:38pm On Oct 04, 2014
Excuse me, any new yoroober movie with hilarious subtitles
Their subtitles dey sweet pass the movie itself
To laff de hungry me now

Back to the topic, I know our Presidoe
He fit increase soldiers salary if they defeat Bokoharam
He de always reward beta tins shapaly.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by jumpmasta(m): 8:40pm On Oct 04, 2014
Raymondenyi:

you are very wrong..a private dosent earn up to 80k

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Mobsync(m): 8:40pm On Oct 04, 2014
DoctorFaust:
I just love the fact that now when I comment and quote a Nairalander his handle comes with a link to their profile...

Nice!!

I was testing what you said.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Mobsync(m): 8:40pm On Oct 04, 2014
DoctorFaust:
I just love the fact that now when I comment and quote a Nairalander his handle comes with a link to their profile...

Nice!!

still testing...
...now I understand. Thank you.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by BlackLeopard(m): 8:40pm On Oct 04, 2014
What's salary telling you, or anyone, about life?

That's quite nonsensical question. And even where there's answers, that doesn't say anything about life, what the expenses need to go to, why, or talk the quality of life with that money. (How much it's actually increasing quality of life may be relative, dependent on the state totally, depending branch of military, depending how many people does soldier in question take care of and such).

So basically it's just a number with no informative value and not answering anything about 'soldier's life'.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 04, 2014
Mobsync:

I was testing what you said.

Give a Bro some credit!!!
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by clemz88(m): 8:41pm On Oct 04, 2014
Omololu007:
well i bliv,pple are joinin d army,cos dey wanna defend and protect thier country,so they wont care about the money.80k nah change o,a friend of mine jst got a job in a bank and he will b paid 350k every month,he go just dey sit for insyd air condition,dey receive dat amount o,,and i know pple who work in oil companies and earn more dan 600k every month,,but dis soldiers that are risking dia life for u and i,are receivin 80k,u no fit use am buy wine in som hotel...is so dam small.
guy this ur lie carry weight o. Therz no bank that will pay a new employee that huge amount. You bera confirm tinz befor coming here to talk tinz that u dnt know

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by ogaofficer(m): 8:43pm On Oct 04, 2014
SpencerLewis:

if the reverse is the case it will the best testimony I'll receive 2row
when i have diego coaster, drogba, sallah. Tell me how can the reverse be the case with my name sake as the goal keeper. Peter cech.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Ilaje44(m): 8:45pm On Oct 04, 2014
fr3do:

How?
Because knowledge is more powerful than a barrel of gun. Wars have been won without firing a shot.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? / Logistics Or Supply Chain Management / Salary Of Fresh Graduate Level 8 At Nigerian Communications Commission - NCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.