Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? (151341 Views)

The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? / Salary Of Fresh Graduate Level 8 At Nigerian Communications Commission - NCC / Average Salary For A Lawyer In A Law Firm In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by atlwireles: 9:26pm On Oct 04, 2014
ojtopsy:
Before abacha died no civil servant was on 10k it was abdusalam dat introduced 5k min. Wage and later reduced it to 3.5k. Obj took it to 7.5 and later 12.5. Jona now took it to18.5k. But a lot of people won't believe cos it sound strange that a prof was not collecting up to 10k as at 1998. Tks to ibb and abacha. The rot these guys created will take a generation or two to clear. That was the beginning of impunity and insensitivity in the Nigerian civil service and every facet of our lives.

He who has ears let him hear.

If only the kids on this forum knew how bad things use to be.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by koikoi2(m): 9:27pm On Oct 04, 2014
I think dey are over payed.
My first salary as a graduate was #13k

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by gidjah(m): 9:28pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Stop ranting bro. 80k is a very decent salary for army recruits in a country where the minimum wage is 18k.

I even doubt it's up to that. I'll be surprised if it is.
its actually about 40k that they earn bro,no mind am!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Segunj8(m): 9:33pm On Oct 04, 2014
prowlG:
Right in front of some soldiers now, am tempted to go ask them how much is their salary. Hope all iz weLL
Se u get insurance?
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Stakekay1(m): 9:34pm On Oct 04, 2014
prowlG:
Right in front of some soldiers now, am tempted to go ask them how much is their salary. Hope all iz weLL
Pls go ask them,atleast that will be more empirical and it will help bring an end to this argument here. The gods awaits your story.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by IYANGBALI: 9:34pm On Oct 04, 2014
Nursy:
Its not up to 80k for recruits. I had my soldier frnd atm card for 5mnths, his salary was/is 53k. He has been working since 2008.
hmmmmm,so na soldier dey drill your borehole?
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by ogaofficer(m): 9:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
gomeks:

Your day is bad already because the game is lost and won. up gunners
bros dont worry 2goals for selsi and 1 for arsenal dnt be afraid it wont be up to 6 nil down compared to last season. I knw i will come here to testify. Peace
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by gidjah(m): 9:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
spenc:
[Raymondenyi:
u wrong sire; Nig. Army recruits . 80k/month; d sub
leitenants; -- 180k/month; confirmed n factual;
Its d police recruits dat earn 40k/month.]

Wrong, very wrong.

Private - 59k
Lcpl- 62k
Cpl - 67k
Sgt- 70k
SSgt- 87k
Wo- 100k
Mwo 150k

the figures above vary a little based on the number of years spent on the rank. I am not on a guess ride cus i am involved. If not for the ongoing Army GCM i would have scanned a payslip for all to see. Please before u post anything ensure itz a fact.
thanks gallant one,was about doing d same until u got there before me.23rd Amoured div on d move!
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by piagetskinner(m): 9:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
BlackTechnology:

80k is good enough for a recruit who is not a graduate.

If he invests a part of those salaries every month for 10yrs, he would be able to establish a good business for himself that can take care of him after retirement.

Remember

It is not how much you earn that matters but how much you are able to set aside to invest for businesses

So when picking a job, you look at how much you can set aside to invest for businesses

For me a SSCE holder earning 80k can invest 30k every month which will amount to over 3.6million in 10yrs sufficient enough to start up a good part time business during his remaining military years.

For a graduate earning 180k, if he invests at least 80k every month, it will amount to 9.6million after 10 yrs. Sufficient enough to start up a good part time business during his remaining military years.

But first we must verify their real incomes

Bros I like this ur analogy...can u imagine some folks who earn 350-400k per month,with little or no responsibilities cannot boast of their own houses...they still live in rented apartments...#i think moderation should be the watch word here
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 04, 2014
mryusuffga:
i believe every sector should be paid with the same salary scale such as health,teachers etc likewise police,custom and even army.
lol.is it possible?
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by sambright2012: 9:39pm On Oct 04, 2014
becos gudluck jonathan has b.sc does not mean he should take orders from central bank gorvnor with p.hd.pls dont try doze recruits no matter wot dey are payed . for ur safety oooo.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Zapence(m): 9:40pm On Oct 04, 2014
Raymondenyi:
u wrong sire; Nig. Army recruits . 80k/month; d sub leitenants; -- 180k/month; confirmed n factual;

Its d police recruits dat earn 40k/month.

Guy, you are SOOO WRONG, especially on the recruit salary. A new Army recruit (the rank is called 'PRIVATE') earns between 50-53k, depending on the years you have spent (which is usually btw 1-6yrs averagely), and the military course or courses you have done. A 'LANCE CORPORAL', which is the next rank after a 'PRIVATE' earns between 54-57k, also depending on the TOTAL years you have spent int he Army and the Military course/courses you have done.

Aside these 'NORMAL' salary range, Medical personnel earn a little more than personnel of other Corps of same rank.

For the Officer cadre, a 'SECOND LIEUTENANT', which is the lowest rank in the officer Cadre earns about 170k. and the salary increases gradually with each next step in rank, until you get to the rank of 'COLONEL' (red Neck), where there is a sharp increase in salary.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by VoteOutPDPJona: 9:41pm On Oct 04, 2014
InvertedHammer:

/
You are one bold-faced liar!

You do not know anything about US military pay scale.

US military personnel make far less than civilians doing the same jobs. But they get a lot of benefits.

A US military psychologist that went to Iraq ( remember it is by deployment) and in less than 2 years made N100m robbed a bank over there. No way in hell.

People just type whatever fulfills t heir fantasy
/
I tire for that guy. N100m ke?
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by dannjo(m): 9:41pm On Oct 04, 2014
Raymondenyi:
u wrong sire; Nig. Army recruits . 80k/month; d sub leitenants; -- 180k/month; confirmed n factual;

Its d police recruits dat earn 40k/month.

Lol...u are also wrong...the actual salary for a private soldier is 45k and second leuitenant is 170- 175k...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by penny01502: 9:42pm On Oct 04, 2014
sweetgala:

You are an idiot for that statement , please respect our service-men at all times. angry angry angry
you can't say that again

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by knockturnal(m): 9:43pm On Oct 04, 2014
BlackTechnology:

80k is good enough for a recruit who is not a graduate.

If he invests a part of those salaries every month for 10yrs, he would be able to establish a good business for himself that can take care of him after retirement.

Remember

It is not how much you earn that matters but how much you are able to set aside to invest for businesses

So when picking a job, you look at how much you can set aside to invest for businesses

For me a SSCE holder earning 80k can invest 30k every month which will amount to over 3.6million in 10yrs sufficient enough to start up a good part time business during his remaining military years.

For a graduate earning 180k, if he invests at least 80k every month, it will amount to 9.6million after 10 yrs. Sufficient enough to start up a good part time business during his remaining military years.

But first we must verify their real incomes

3.6 million wnt do shiat for anybody in 10yrs time bro
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 04, 2014
angelo82:

80K is small for a job where you can loose your life…They need to double the money especially this time of terrorist attacks….
u r talking abt money wen dey lose their life,will money matter after death.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by angelo82: 9:45pm On Oct 04, 2014
SAVEDBABA:
u r talking abt money wen dey lose their life,will money matter after death.

And what about their family?
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by tutaboi(m): 9:45pm On Oct 04, 2014
osile2012:
will u stand under the sun and expose ur life to the danger of death on a daily bases for 80k? Be transferred without prior notice for 80k?
Oya make them go to Ose main market begin dey offload yam...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:46pm On Oct 04, 2014
AdekunleBalogun:

If the salary is that mush to you that you are not considering the lifes of these men then you should take up an appointment with the army too.

That wasn't the career I chose. Army recruits in the UK earn very close to the minimum wage. A policeman should actually earn significantly more than a soldier considering the work they do.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 04, 2014
JuanDeDios:

Yeah. In a dysfunctional state like Nigeria.
so u think a soldier cannt tell a civilian to lie down in the US
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:48pm On Oct 04, 2014
UK Army pay scale

1 Like

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by tutaboi(m): 9:48pm On Oct 04, 2014
Wait oooo 80 to 180k is it as basic or total earning for the a month
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 04, 2014
angelo82:

And what about their family?
u didn't mention that in the first place,and by the way dere is sometin called life insurance.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by donodion(m): 9:51pm On Oct 04, 2014
Stakekay1:
Pls go ask them,atleast that will be more empirical and it will help bring an end to this argument here. The gods awaits your story.
hahahahahaha ojigbijigbi
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by Networkingprof: 9:53pm On Oct 04, 2014
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by VoteOutPDPJona: 9:53pm On Oct 04, 2014
simplisity:
An average U.S Army receive 23,250 thousand dollar a month.

Private and a General, the gap is too much to use average earning.
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:54pm On Oct 04, 2014
dridowu:
$9.3m per month
yeah. excluding gun-carrying allowance, bloody civilian intimidation allowance, burning BRT busses allowance...add them up and it'll increase to $12m per month

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by manutdadex(m): 9:56pm On Oct 04, 2014
freecocoa:
If they are really paid 80k then that's f-ing small, like wtf?

Someone goes through the most painful/rigorous process to become a soldier, risks his life on a daily basis and at the end of 31 days, you give him a paltry sum of 80k? Then again, seems like all the Nigerian soldier does is oppress the poor masses, I don't feel sorry for them.
its very simple..d likes of bricklayers earn less wit d kind of task they do evryday but bankers or even MDs wey dey work under condusive enviroment dey earn pass dem 1000times...no b by aw much work u do o
Re: What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? by 8ightball: 9:56pm On Oct 04, 2014
ogaofficer:
4 those recruite(spellcheck) i guez they earn 40k most o o. I knw ogas at d top wu earn 120k lieutenant. 2ND TO COMMENT. NEXT WIK GO MAKE SENSE DIE STARTING FROM 2MAO. IF CHELSEA SHUD DFEAT ARSENAL 2mao that will be A GREAt TESTIMONY.

The Nigerian army should package this SMS english and drop it on Sambisa. I am very sure BH would surrender without firing a shot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? / Logistics Or Supply Chain Management / Salary Of Fresh Graduate Level 8 At Nigerian Communications Commission - NCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.