Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,756 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... (43896 Views)

Your Intelligence Is Needed Here / Utter Ridiculous.. There Is Education And Then There Is Enlightenment / Your Votes Are Needed Here: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 4:03pm On Oct 21, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

All over Igbo land the Nri days of the week are being used.
New Yam festivals is an Nri invention.
The red hat that symbolizes Igbo man is an Nri invention.
Ofala is an Aguleri invention.
Nze na Ozo which spread all over Igbo land is an Nri invention.
Ikenga is an Nri invention.
Igba Odu for women folks is an Nri invention.

That was why i explained that they are Nri culture. My region does not recognize them nor practice it. What happens in Nri stays in Nri.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:03pm On Oct 21, 2014
adusim:

OdenigboAroli!! You are a typical Anambra person. Well done!

Whats wrong with that ??
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 4:05pm On Oct 21, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

That was why i explained that they are Nri culture. My region does not recognize or practice them. What happens in Nri stays in Northern Igbo culture.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:08pm On Oct 21, 2014
Radoillo:

No, you need to stop mouthing off about ife I maro. You need to baa n'uno and do some serious studying. Learn about the other sub-cultures that make up the Igbo nation and study their histories. Stop viewing everything through your narrow Nri lenses.

What kind of ignorant person says Igbos had no culture and were 'primitive aborigines' before Nri came?

Bros,go back to the other thread because will be more useful there.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:09pm On Oct 21, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

That was why i explained that they are Nri culture. My region does not recognize or practice them. What happens in Nri stays in Northern Igbo culture.

So,Igbo days of the week doesnt exist your town ?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 4:10pm On Oct 21, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

You are a fool to make that statement....In Igbo land nobody breaks the Kola before Eze Nri. Even,fear wont let anybody try such. About Biafran war; Saying Imo and Abia fought bitterly alone is a big bake of lie... Every single Igbo man of age was enlisted and they fought to death....I can count up to ten of my relatives who died in that war. Stop spreading lies.
Eze Nri presides in Nri. It is a privilledge if he is allowed to break Kola in a non - Nri gathering.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 21, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

That was why i explained that they are Nri culture. My region does not recognize them nor practice it. What happens in Nri stays in Nri.

Dude, of all those things he listed, only Ikenga and Ozo, appear, by what we currently know, to be innovations of the Umu-Eri group.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 4:14pm On Oct 21, 2014
Radoillo:

Dude, of all those things he listed, only Ikenga and Ozo, appear, by what we currently know, to be innovations of the Umu-Eri group.
Oh, i should have known that.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by adusim: 4:59pm On Oct 21, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

You are a fool to make that statement....In Igbo land nobody breaks the Kola before Eze Nri. Even,fear wont let anybody try such. About Biafran war; Saying Imo and Abia fought bitterly alone is a big bake of lie... Every single Igbo man of age was enlisted and they fought to death....I can count up to ten of my relatives who died in that war. Stop spreading lies.

Oh yeah? If 'Eze Nri' came to my town no one would give a hoot and he will have to wait in line with the other visitors! No one gives a rats a*se about you people! We see you all as big mouthed, loud, uneducated pretenders who are not even real Igbos! Anambra people are fake! They are betrayers, backstabbers and cut throats! Nigerians - nah Africans - hate Igbos because of the shenanigans of Anambra people! Are you proud of that?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:00pm On Oct 21, 2014
Radoillo:

Huh ?
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:02pm On Oct 21, 2014
adusim:

Oh yeah? If 'Eze Nri' came to my town no one would give a hoot and he will have to wait in line with the other visitors! No one gives a rats a*se about you people! We see you all as big mouthed, loud, uneducated pretenders who are not even real Igbos! Anambra people are fake! They are betrayers, backstabbers and cut throats! Nigerians - nah Africans - hate Igbos because of the shenanigans of Anambra people! Are you proud of that?

Why would Eze Nri come to your town ?
Who are you?

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by adusim: 5:09pm On Oct 21, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Why would Eze Nri come to your town ?
Who are you?

My friend, nobody in my town would want to go to Nri or Aguleri!! Those people are just too poor and wretched!
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:16pm On Oct 21, 2014
adusim:

My friend, nobody in my town would want to go to Nri or Aguleri!! Those people are just too poor and wretched!

So,you havent been to Nri nor Aguleri but you know they are poor and wretched ??
Ignorance bliss!

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by letu(m): 7:17pm On Oct 21, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Odenigbo nwa Idemmili! A fu nwa e lota nnia! Kee ka I mee?
I live in ph, please can some one explean that dialect for me in central igbo, my home of origin is ngwa.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by letu(m): 7:27pm On Oct 21, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Odenigbo nwa Idemmili! A fu nwa e lota nnia! Kee ka I mee?
I live in ph, can someone explean this dialect for me in central igbo my home of origin is ngwa.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:28pm On Oct 21, 2014
letu:
I live in ph, please can some one explean that dialect for me in central igbo, my home of origin is ngwa.

Nigga,bounce!

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Dainfamous: 9:29pm On Oct 21, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

You are right Archi..

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Dainfamous: 9:33pm On Oct 21, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

So,you havent been to Nri nor Aguleri but you know they are poor and wretched ??
Ignorance bliss!
The igbo clans though autonomously administered,co-operated in certain religious affairs.This is seen from a story that connected to the ofo.The igbo clan called Nri believes that by traditions they are the holder of the ofo of the igbo people.Some igbos that are not from Nri agree that this claim is true.The Nri priest preformed important spiritual and religious functions for the igbos,like purification of the land when major abomination are committed.A research shows them as being very close to igbos as levites are to Israelite.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 11:06pm On Oct 21, 2014
Abagworo:
There has been a whole lot of fallacies committed on this thread. Imo, Anambra etc are mere imperfect demarcation of boundaries occassioned by politics. The major reason people who fall into the Anambra part of the artificial creation seem to live in delusion is their dominance of the old Eastern region because they had better relationship with Europeans than others. After the creation of old Imo State from East-central State in 1976, it took very little time for the gap to be filled as new spirit of State nationalism arose in Igboland and the Imo part experienced rapid development.

38 years later we've gone through an era of falsehood orchestrated by the new found nationhood at State level among Igbos of 1970s. It is most prevalent in Anambra State and till this day an inborn hatred or a lighter word "envy" exists when Owerri is mentioned. My advice to them is to stop the nonsense and face reality. Today It is not a hidden fact that they are scared of Okorocha emerging as VP or President and rather than support him will kill any dream of Igbo Presidency.

People from Imo, Abia and Ebonyi are far more free minded and care less about this new found Statehood. Enugu on the other hand is mixed.

Lol. You just committed a greater fallacy on your part. You're bringing politics into an entirely cultural affair. Who gave you the false impression that Anambra people are 'envious' of Owerri? Anambra people don't even give Owerri a second thought after its mentioned. Yea they know its some place far away in the center of Imo state but they don't care at all. Anambrarians would prefer to relocate and live in Enugu than Owerri. From my observation, there are more Imolites residing in Anambra (Onitsha and Awka) than you have Anambrarians residing in Imo state. Anambra people would prefer to live in Enugu instead.

I don't understand where your assertion is coming from.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 11:28pm On Oct 21, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

O wu nke gi ka m ga aka ugbua?
E-personality mgbo.
I have spent time in Northern Igboland,so i know what am saying.
What is the meaning of this nonesense; my culture is better, Nri bu isi igbo, my dialect is posh,we have more personalities?
Does it not reek of supremacist opinions? Unfortunately, that is what Anambras project to the wider Igbo community.

@bold...just another false claim to back-up your illusion.

I've realized this about you. Its all in your head about all the supremacy thing you're shouting about. If Anambra people are boisterous and boastful? So? Who says you can't ignore them and mind your own business? Where is it written in the Nigerian constitution that someone isn't allowed to boast? What stops you from boasting equally? Nigerians, generally, are boastful and showy in manners, dressings, possessions, language etc. Why single out Anambra people?

When Abagworo extolled Imo over Anambra I didn't see you attack him for the same superiority complex you accuse Anambra of. Instead you supported him. Aren't you just a big hypocrite?

Coming here to cry foul is a big loser's strategy. You claim you're settling 'this matter once and for all'. Once and for all, with how many Anambra people here? Just 2 or 3? And you've settled the so-called matter 'once and for all'? What remains of the millions out there who are still boasting? What have you even achieved in the end? Or you take it as 'victory' when we don't reply you and you think you've 'succeeded'? At times I wonder if you're a child because you sound so much like it, from blatant lies, to false delusions, to unwarranted accusations and needless display of emotions. Anybody reading your post will detect sheer insecurity in you. Someone who has been long bitten by 'Anambra's boastfulness' that he cannot hold his bitterness any more.

You're wasting all your day, time and energy on a baseless argument on nairaland. At the end of the day you have not achieved anything because Odenigbo will leave with his beliefs intact, you did not make the slightest impression on me because I personally lived and grew up in Imo state and I know what I experienced, MadCow's opinions has still not changed neither has Lilimax's. Or maybe you just love argument and you indulge in the attention you receive from it.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 5:45am On Oct 22, 2014
bigfrancis21:

@bold...just another false claim to back-up your illusion.

I've realized this about you. Its all in your head about all the supremacy thing you're shouting about. If Anambra people are boisterous and boastful? So? Who says you can't ignore them and mind your own business? Where is it written in the Nigerian constitution that someone isn't allowed to boast? What stops you from boasting equally? Nigerians, generally, are boastful and showy in manners, dressings, possessions, language etc. Why single out Anambra people?

When Abagworo extolled Imo over Anambra I didn't see you attack him for the same superiority complex you accuse Anambra of. Instead you supported him. Aren't you just a big hypocrite?

Coming here to cry foul is a big loser's strategy. You claim you're settling 'this matter once and for all'. Once and for all, with how many Anambra people here? Just 2 or 3? And you've settled the so-called matter 'once and for all'? What remains of the millions out there who are still boasting? What have you even achieved in the end? Or you take it as 'victory' when we don't reply you and you think you've 'succeeded'? At times I wonder if you're a child because you sound so much like it, from blatant lies, to false delusions, to unwarranted accusations and needless display of emotions. Anybody reading your post will detect sheer insecurity in you. Someone who has been long bitten by 'Anambra's boastfulness' that he cannot hold his bitterness any more.

You're wasting all your day, time and energy on a baseless argument on nairaland. At the end of the day you have not achieved anything because Odenigbo will leave with his beliefs intact, you did not make the slightest impression on me because I personally lived and grew up in Imo state and I know what I experienced, MadCow's opinions has still not changed neither has Lilimax's. Or maybe you just love argument and you indulge in the attention you receive from it.
Excuse me! So only your opinion, limax, madcow are valid here? So my opinion, Abagworo and the rest of the non Anambras are worthless and mere lies cos it does not fit your orientation?
This is ridiculous!
So people that are correcting the useless impression that Nri bu isi Igbo are also making noise? Who send Nri? What has Nri contributed to Igbos for them to notoriously make this false claim? That lie has obviously failed. It was on this same forum,that some of you claimed that Nri/Anambra identity is the only official Igbo identity....my goodness!!
And the rest of the Igbo folks in Nigeria will quietly swallow that rubbish?

I don't except supremacist like you to change, it is a psychological issue. But let it be known to you that you can't come on nairaland and display naive supremacist lies/secluded experiences and expect people to swallow it without putting it to test.
Abagworo has not extolled anyone,he only shared his views from the political angle. So i should bash him for sharing his experience or view too? Lol.
Nobody is going to support you on that my friend!
It is on record that Anambra held more touch with European administration in Igboland.
Socially, Anambra and Owerri don't work together nor marry each other. Only enlightened or good families from both sides can really accept marriage contracts
and relationship from one another.
Every member of the Igbo race has to come down from his high horse, if he really wants to have a good relationship with other Igbos and Nigerians at large.
State your opinions without indulging in character assasination,that is very immatured!
What is it with your useless rantings,strong words and accusations?
Arguments and Clearing of facts does not mean illusions, neither does it mean delusion, hypocrisy, bitterness, hard feelings, insecurity, falsehood, lies, indulgence etc.
And what have you actually achieved by replying, you come of as a huge deluded supporter of those that are boasting out there.
You need to either stick to the topic with valid points or find your way out!
Good riddiance to senseless feeling of superiority:.....!!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by MadCow1: 7:48am On Oct 22, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Excuse me! So only your opinion, limax, madcow are valid here? So my opinion, Abagworo and the rest of the non Anambras are worthless and mere lies cos it does not fit your orientation?
This is ridiculous.
So people that are correcting the useless impression that Nri bu isi Igbo are also making noise? Who send Nri? What has Nri contributed to Igbos for them to notoriously make this false claim? That lie has obviously failed.
I don't except supremacist like you to change, it is a psychological issue. But let it be known to you that you can't come on nairaland and display naive supremacist lies/secluded experiences and expect people to swallow it without putting it to test.
Abagworo has not extolled anyone,he only shared his views from the political angle. So i should bash him for sharing his experience or view too? Lol.
Nobody is going to support you on that my friend!
It is on record that Anambra held more touch with European administration in Igboland.
Socially, Anambra and Owerri don't work together nor marry each other. Only enlightened or good families from both sides can really accept marriage contracts
and relationship from one another.
Every member of the Igbo race has to come down from his high horse, if he really wants to have a good relationship with other Igbos and Nigerians at large.
State your opinions without indulging in character assasination,that is very immatured!
What is it with your useless rantings,strong words and accusations?
Arguments and Clearing of facts does not mean illusions, neither does it mean delusion, hypocrisy, bitterness, hard feelings, insecurity, falsehood, lies, indulgence etc.
And what have you actually achieved by replying, you come of as a huge deluded supporter of those that are boasting out there.
You need to either stick to the topic with valid points or find your way out!
Good riddiance to senseless feeling of superiority:.....!!

[b]I started by advising you to stop taking your Nairaland personality too seriously.

I have come to learn that when you feed your online personality for so long and are not mentally capable to strike a balance between the real world and the virtual world, you start to lose touch with reality.

Your opinion about Anambra is of ABSOLUTELY zero consequence to ANYTHING WHATSOEVER.. You can call us arrogant, supremacists, egotistical or whatever adjective that pleases you. Its your right and you are free to exercise freely (most especially online)..

You can spend all the time you have left on earth typing all this inconsequential bullshit, It wouldnt affect the color of even a single grain on sand in Nri. You and a handful of Nobody's want to change a history that pre-dates your entire tribe.. grin Goodluck to you..

Ask for Abagworo, He is my Imo State brother and I love him, but as long as he remains affiliated with that Jihadist Party and a loyal supporter of that Aji Amu called Rochas, we would continue not to see eye to eye politically.. Outside of Politics, we are cool.

We Anambraians are who we are.. To you we are supremacists, to us you are an inconsequential, noise making hater.. [/b]

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 7:57am On Oct 22, 2014
MadCow1:

[b]I started by advising you to stop taking your Nairaland personality too seriously.

I have come to learn that when you feed your online personality for so long and are not mentally capable to strike a balance between the real world and the virtual world, you start to lose touch with reality.

Your opinion about Anambra is of ABSOLUTELY zero consequence to ANYTHING WHATSOEVER.. You can call us arrogant, supremacists, egotistical or whatever adjective that pleases you. Its your right and you are free to exercise freely (most especially online)..

You can spend all the time you have left on earth typing all this inconsequential bullshit, It wouldnt affect the color of even a single grain on sand in Nri. You and a handful of Nobody's want to change a history that pre-dates your entire tribe.. grin Goodluck to you..

Ask for Abagworo, He is my Imo State brother and I love him, but as long as he remains affiliated with that Jihadist Party and a loyal supporter of that Aji Amu called Rochas, we would continue not to see eye to eye politically.. Outside of Politics, we are cool.

We Anambraians are who we are.. To you we are supremacists, to us you are an inconsequential, noise making hater.. [/b]
Guy,relax. This epistle is irrelevant to this thread. Stop bringing up nairaland personality rubbish,that is so yesterday.
You need to go back and learn about Nri, igbo history does not start and end in Nri.
These accussations and whinning are inconsequential to this thread.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Lilimax(f): 8:03am On Oct 22, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Spot on bro!
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by MadCow1: 8:41am On Oct 22, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Guy,relax. This epistle is irrelevant to this thread. Stop bringing up nairaland personality rubbish,that is so yesterday.
You need to go back and learn about Nri, igbo history does not start and end in Nri.
These accussations and whinning are inconsequential to this thread.

Oso kwa gi, bark from today till tomorrow.. Dogs would always remain below Lions on the Food chain.

Anambra Mma'ma nu o..

Igbo Kwezu enu..

#iAmArrogantlyAnambra.

#YouCanHateMeNow..ButIWontStopEver..

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 9:01am On Oct 22, 2014
MadCow1:

Oso kwa gi, bark from today till tomorrow.. Dogs would always remain below Lions on the Food chain.

Anambra Mma'ma nu o..

Igbo Kwezu enu..

#iAmArrogantlyAnambra.

Lol, Mad Dog indeed. That is an invalid assertion,ok. Why are you whinning like a child with your hashtags,you can't provoke me with that trash. I expected you to bring up relevant points. Lol
I never said people should not be proud of their state....who isn't?
A king is a king in his territory.
Things should be done in a reasonable manner.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by adusim: 12:37pm On Oct 22, 2014
MadCow1:

Anambra Mma'ma nu o..

Igbo Kwezu enu..

#iAmArrogantlyAnambra.

Hahahaha!! You useless idiot! You and your people make Igbos a laughing stock. Crass uneducated omata trader. Refine yourself, joor!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by MadCow1: 1:34pm On Oct 22, 2014
adusim:

Hahahaha!! You useless idiot! You and your people make Igbos a laughing stock. Crass uneducated omata trader. Refine yourself, joor!

And he labelled me crass an uneducated... grin And you with all your grace and education think its wise to generalize an entire group of people based on your extremely limited exposure to just a hand full of them. grin

I am glad you are angered by the superiority of Ndi Anambra.. those whom the Gods have elevated, mere mortals can never pull down..

Onwero ebe oru mu na gi..

I remain an Anambra Supremacist, You remain an Anambra-Hater. Its all good my fellow Igbo man, we all have our callings grin..

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by adusim: 2:09pm On Oct 22, 2014
MadCow1:

And he labelled me crass an uneducated... grin And you with all your grace and education think its wise to generalize an entire group of people based on your extremely limited exposure to just a hand full of them. grin

I am glad you are angered by the superiority of Ndi Anambra.. those whom the Gods have elevated, mere mortals can never pull down..

Onwero ebe oru mu na gi..

I remain an Anambra Supremacist, You remain an Anambra-Hater. Its all good my fellow Igbo man, we all have our callings grin..

Hahahaha!!! Yeah, I hear you. However, I am not your fellow anything. You and I are no brothers, ok?
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by MadCow1: 2:37pm On Oct 22, 2014
adusim:

Hahahaha!!! Yeah, I hear you. However, I am not your fellow anything. You and I are no brothers, ok?

Ofcourse we are not brothers.. Our relationship is like that written in George Orwells Animal Farm.. You and I are equally Igbo, but I am more Igbo than You.. cool

To the rest of you Anambra haters on th thread, please dont beat yourself up because you are not Anambra Igbo.. There is absolutely nothing you can do about the circumstances of your birth.. Some of us are just more favoured than the other.. cool You can however help your future generations by selecting your spouse wisely. grin

Igbo Mma' mma nu..

Oganiru Anambra state...

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 2:46pm On Oct 22, 2014
That is just bullshit. I don't know who is a hater here or who wants to come from Anambra.
I expect you to submit proofs of the socalled greatness before making noise.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by MadCow1: 2:57pm On Oct 22, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:
That is just bullshit. I don't know who is a hater here or who wants to come from Anambra.
I expect you to submit proofs of the socalled greatness before making noise.

Proof of Anambras Greatness?!

Its like asking for Proof of Gods Greatness.. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. / How Adamawa Governor Sat In Atiku's House (Photo) / Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.