Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... (43913 Views)

Your Intelligence Is Needed Here / Utter Ridiculous.. There Is Education And Then There Is Enlightenment / Your Votes Are Needed Here: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 7:28am On Oct 21, 2014
Abagworo,thanks for restating the fact. In my original post, i explained that Anambra bloc had early contacts with Europeans. Western colonialism and missionary activites started from this area and they dominated old eastern administration. This superiority complex never left that region...
Am yet to see Yoruba states seek relevance and prestige amongst themselves. Why Igbo? Are we in a competition? I find it ridiculous that one states that they have notable personalities like Phyno,Flavour,Ekenedilichukwu,therefore they are respected by other states. Has it occurred to you that non Anambras and non Igbos are mostly behind their success, esp the musicians- (check their producers)
Anambra has produced great people,same as Enugu, Imo, Abia and Ebonyi and that has only helped to solidify our place in Nigeria. None is more prestigious.
Back to dialects, the rest of the Igbo folks are actually more flexible/receptive and would not mind compromising and adopting other dialects once in a while; that does not mean they don't hold their dialects in very high esteem.
This vain aloofness and arrogance in that region needs to be checked cos it's a clog in the wheel of Igbo unity and development.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:49am On Oct 21, 2014
Abagworo:
There has been a whole lot of fallacies committed on this thread. Imo, Anambra etc are mere imperfect demarcation of boundaries occassioned by politics. The major reason people who fall into the Anambra part of the artificial creation seem to live in delusion is their dominance of the old Eastern region because they had better relationship with Europeans than others. After the creation of old Imo State from East-central State in 1976, it took very little time for the gap to be filled as new spirit of State nationalism arose in Igboland and the Imo part experienced rapid development.

38 years later we've gone through an era of falsehood orchestrated by the new found nationhood at State level among Igbos of 1970s. It is most prevalent in Anambra State and till this day an inborn hatred or a lighter word "envy" exists when Owerri is mentioned. My advice to them is to stop the nonsense and face reality. Today It is not a hidden fact that they are scared of Okorocha emerging as VP or President and rather than support him will kill any dream of Igbo Presidency.

People from Imo, Abia and Ebonyi are far more free minded and care less about this new found Statehood. Enugu on the other hand is mixed.

"Inborn hatred" for what,you ediot ?
Give me one reason why Anambra will hate Imo ? Just one reason ?
They say I am a supremacist and I have been trying to prove them wrong but dont take me back to old me!
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:51am On Oct 21, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:
Abagworo,thanks for restating the fact. In my original post, i explained that Anambra bloc had early contacts with Europeans. Western colonialism and missionary activites started from this area and they dominated old eastern administration. This superiority complex never left that region...
Am yet to see Yoruba states seek relevance and prestige amongst themselves. Why Igbo? Are we in a competition? I find it ridiculous that one states that they have notable personalities like Phyno,Flavour,Ekenedilichukwu,therefore they are respected by other states. Has it occurred to you that non Anambras and non Igbos are mostly behind their success, esp the musicians- (check their producers)
Anambra has produced great people,same as Enugu, Imo, Abia and Ebonyi and that has only helped to solidify our place in Nigeria. None is more prestigious.
Back to dialects, the rest of the Igbo folks are actually more flexible/receptive and would not mind compromising and adopting other dialects once in a while; that does not mean they don't hold their dialects in very high esteem.
This vain aloofness and arrogance in that region needs to be checked cos it's a clog in the wheel of Igbo unity and development.

I see it now; You have insecurity problem. The same Enugu and Imo people call Anambrarians uneducated traders when it suits them....Nwokem,ikobago nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 12:00pm On Oct 21, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

I see it now; You have insecurity problem. The same Enugu and Imo people call Anambrarians uneducated traders when it suits them....Nwokem,ikobago nonsense!
You just called your people uneducated traders....
Anyway,there is no insecurity in my comments. I am trying to get to the root of this negative Superiority complex displayed by Anambras. No area is more superior.
It is unfortunate that someone would write an epistle enumerating how/why his own area is more prestigious in the lenght and breath of Igboland.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:13pm On Oct 21, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:
You just called your people uneducated traders....
Anyway,there is no insecurity in my comments. I am trying to get to the root of this negative Superiority complex displayed by Anambras. No area is more superior.
It is unfortunate that someone would write an epistle enumerating how/why his own area is more prestigious in the lenght and breath of Igboland.

How did I call my people uneducated traders ?
I am smarter than that because not everybody must go to school. Something only Anambrarians seem to understand. Nobody is saying Anambra is superior but there is Anambra hegemon,which covers most of Igboland and beyond....Some people mistake that for superiority.
What we know as Igbo culture all originated from Anambra and I feel you lot should at least show some appreciation.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:20pm On Oct 21, 2014
Abagworo is one rretarded old ffool...."Envy" Imo...Believe it or not ,if there is anything we feel for Imo it certainly not ENVY....This is like saying America envy Somalia!!!!!!!!!
Nigga,we dont give a ffuck what happens in your backyard or what you do....You have been pushing me and I have tried my best to keep calm. Watch your words or we turn this place to a war front!
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:23pm On Oct 21, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Onye bee ayi ka o bukwa! A marodi m nya. A nara m anakebe uno like that. Ka ayi si eme bu, o gulu gulu gulu, ayi a gbaluo uno malu ife na-eme gbapukwa.

A masiro m ndi Enugwu-ukwu etu afu. Ngwa, bido muba m amu. grin

Afugom; Emesua ijee na Youtube choo egwu ie.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 12:27pm On Oct 21, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

How did I call my people uneducated traders ?
I am smarter than that because not everybody must go to school. Something only Anambrarians seem to understand. Nobody is saying Anambra is superior but there is Anambra hegemon,which covers most of Igboland and beyond....Some people mistake that for superiority.
What we know as Igbo culture all originated from Anambra and I feel you lot should at least show some appreciation.
Anambra hegemony starts and ends in Northern Igboland.
Is that your source of supremacy? Throw that delusion away cos others Igbos are not ready to listen to that. I will refer you back to that Uratta thread, you need to read up intelligent unbiased comments from other people.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by adusim: 12:30pm On Oct 21, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Anambra hegemony starts and ends in Northern Igboland.
Is that your source of supremacy? Throw that delusion away cos others Igbos are not ready to listen to that. I will refer you back to that Uratta thread, you need to read up intelligent unbiased comments from other people.

I could not have put it better myself! No one and I mean no one looks to Anambra as the citadel of Igbo culture...apart from them. It is very unfortunate that we are classed as the same ethnic group as them. Personally, I feel no kin ship with them at all.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 12:30pm On Oct 21, 2014
OdenigboAroli:
Abagworo is one rretarded old ffool...."Envy" Imo...Believe it or not ,if there is anything we feel for Imo it certainly not ENVY....This is like saying America envy Somalia!!!!!!!!!
Nigga,we dont give a ffuck what happens in your backyard or what you do....You have been pushing me and I have tried my best to keep calm. Watch your words or we turn this place to a war front!
Chill, you are pushing it and people are not ready for that trash. The Igbo nation was in darkness until Anambra, a non homogenous group(Umudiana,Adama,Nri,Isu,
Igala,anioma) came and designed Igbo culture. Clap for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by adusim: 12:35pm On Oct 21, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Hahaha!!! my friend, you need to calm down. What I like about Imo/Abia people is that they achieve without boasting and beating their chests, quite unlike the people from Anambra. You hardly ever hear them use other people's achievements as a source of self esteem. Anambra folks, for the most part, are predisposed to jealousy, envy and outright hatred for anyone they believe is better than them. No matter what OdenigboAroli says if you ask most Nigerians Igbos from Imo are by far more exposed, educated and sophisticated than the ones from Anambra.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:37pm On Oct 21, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

How many others have been made in mbano dialect kwanu?
Like I said, ahanna and co had the actors speaking their part of Igbo dialects .
And these had very rich storylines .
There was no particular dialect to them.
There is nothing like the storyline fitting mbano, it can as well be your village dialect or mine.

The only speaking in a different dialect is the small Ahanna. The rest spoke in Anambra dialect.
Watch Nneka the Pretty serpent and you will melt over the smooth Anambra dialect spoken in the movie by,Rita,Ngozi,Nneka,Paulo,KOK.....oboy,e too cool,abeg.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:43pm On Oct 21, 2014
adusim:

Hahaha!!! my friend, you need to calm down. What I like about Imo/Abia people is that they achieve without boasting and beating their chests, quite unlike the people from Anambra. You hardly ever hear them use other people's achievements as a source of self esteem. Anambra folks, for the most part, are predisposed to jealousy, envy and outright hatred for anyone they believe is better than them. No matter what OdenigboAroli says if you ask most Nigerians Igbos from Imo are by far more exposed, educated and sophisticated than the ones from Anambra.

I dont give a rat ass about what you have to say because you are just another hypocritical,hating Imolite. Did you engage Abagworo when he wrote that nonsense The answer is NO!

You people feel threatened whenever you hear Anambra....We brag ,we are boastful,we are chest beaters but when Imolites do the same nobody speaks...Nigga ,go screw yourself!
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:47pm On Oct 21, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Chill, you are pushing it and people are not ready for that trash. The Igbo nation was in darkness until Anambra, a non homogenous group(Umudiana,Adama,Nri,Isu,
Igala,anioma) came and designed Igbo culture. Clap for yourself.

What that ffuck ever,nigga....Did you address your brother Abagworo before coming to me with your insecure a..ss? And yes,Anambra groups has blessed Igboland with her noble culture...Thats a fact!
Without Anambra you will have no culture!
Show some danm respect!
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 12:47pm On Oct 21, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

I dont give a rat ass about what you have to say because you are just another hypocritical,hating Imolite. Did you engage Abagworo when he wrote that nonsense The answer is NO!

You people feel threatened whenever you hear Anambra....We brag ,we are boastful,we are chest beaters but when Imolites do the same nobody speaks...Nigga ,go screw yourself!
Why do you twist words? Nobody is degrading Anambra,but to say Anambra is more superior with superior dialect or culture is insultive to other Igbos. All states have contributed to Igboland. This is not about envy or jealousy,it is about weighing your words as far as Igboland is concerned.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 12:49pm On Oct 21, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

What that ffuck ever,nigga....Did you address your brother Abagworo before coming to me with your insecure a..ss? And yes,Anambra groups has blessed Igboland with her noble culture...Thats a fact!
Show some danm respect!
Lol,this is insane. Culture indeed!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 12:52pm On Oct 21, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Show some danm respect!
So this is how matured Anambras speak, Niggar, ass, Bleep etc.
I tire o. Maintain a sense of decorum or relocate your haughty self else where.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 1:01pm On Oct 21, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Show some danm respect!
What culture? In your mind, anambras have the only official culture, dialect, attire, mmanu, gods and way of life? Abi. Lol
The Igbo culture i repeat is very heterogenous with minute influences from Igala, Benin and Efik. In case you don't know,the purest cultures are within the Heartland. Or you want people to believe that Anambra that is overly close to and influenced by Benin and Igala have the official Igbo culture or identity...? Chai.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by adusim: 1:01pm On Oct 21, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Hahahaha!!! Touchy, touchy. Did I upset you? You are a sensitive one. My friend, no one is threatened by you loud mouth uncultured folks. After all, a true king does not go around boasting that he is a king. You are the one that is threatened, not Imolites. You guys have so much hatred for us because no matter what you say education is better than money! Despite all the money you guys think you have it is yet to arrest your crude and detestable characters!

GOD BLESS YOU!!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:01pm On Oct 21, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

The only speaking in a different dialect is the small Ahanna. The rest spoke in Anambra dialect.
Watch Nneka the Pretty serpent and you will melt over the smooth Anambra dialect spoken in the movie by,Rita,Ngozi,Nneka,Paulo,KOK.....oboy,e too cool,abeg.

Each xter there spoke their own versions.
And like I said, dialects didn't sell any of the movies u mentioned, storylines did.
Thank God you noted ahanna. If it were dialetic to anambra like your friend suggested ,it would have been afanna.
The word, Ahanna is central Igbo or imo inclined
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:04pm On Oct 21, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

What culture? In your mind, anambras have the only official culture, dialect, attire, mmanu, gods and way of life? Abi. Lol
The Igbo culture i repeat is very heterogenous with minute influences from Igala, Benin and Efik. In case you don't know,the purest cultures are within the Heartland. Or you want people to believe that Anambra that is overly close to and influenced by Benin and Igala have the official Igbo culture or identity...? Chai.

The official Igbo culture is majorly from abia
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:05pm On Oct 21, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

The official Igbo culture is majorly from abia

This is grand ignorance!
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:06pm On Oct 21, 2014
adusim:

Hahahaha!!! Touchy, touchy. Did I upset you? You are a sensitive one. My friend, no one is threatened by you loud mouth uncultured folks. After all, a true king does not go around boasting that he is a king. You are the one that is threatened, not Imolites. You guys have so much hatred for us because no matter what you say education is better than money! Despite all the money you guys think you have it is yet to arrest your crude and detestable characters!

GOD BLESS YOU!!

well, this is uncalled for, anambra and imolites are educated and are 'monied' alike.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by MadCow1: 1:07pm On Oct 21, 2014
Ndi Igbo Kwenu o!!!

Any response on this thread in support or against would always be offensive to the other..

So I would just bookmark it and come back to read the responses purely for comic reasons as I dont expect any logical answer to this illogical thread.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 1:11pm On Oct 21, 2014
MadCow1:
Ndi Igbo Kwenu o!!!

Any response on this thread in support or against would always be offensive to the other..

So I would just bookmark it and come back to read the responses purely for comic reasons as I dont expect any logical answer to this illogical thread.
Lol,no p. We are actually having an inhouse meeting. We need to trash this superiority complex once and for all.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by adusim: 1:12pm On Oct 21, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

well, this is uncalled for, anambra and imolites are educated and are 'monied' alike.

No doubt, but people from Anambra have an erroneous belief that they posses all of the money in Igbo land while people from Imo pursue education. Giving him the benefit of the doubt I submit that it is preferable to have a solid and sound education than to be a stark illiterate with a bag full of cash. A good education will take you all over the world. Money? hmmmmm......it comes and goes but cannot buy you class, as is displayed by OdenigboAroli behaviour and character!
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Lilimax(f): 1:12pm On Oct 21, 2014
Savigne:
Op Í've always wondered the same thing though Í'm also igbo too from delta st...Í had to ask my dad and he said that his colleagues who are from Ànambra claims its because the ofor(kinda like a symbol of authority) that binds all igbos together is in nri,a village in Ànambra.he said that's what they told him but that report is unconfirmed....Ànambra people are well known for their competitive spirit especially when it comes to building houses in their hometown...Op i hope this helps
Yeah, the Ofor Igbo resides in NRI, my home town located in
Anaocha Local government Area of Anambra state smiley.

As for the Anambrarians claiming superiority over the other Igbos, I'm not aware of it.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by adusim: 1:15pm On Oct 21, 2014
[quote author=Lilimax post=27326601]

As for the Anambrarians claiming superiority over the other Igbos, I'm not aware of it.[/quote

My dear stop lying! That Ofor is your Ofor, not the Ofor of Igbo people! In my place, NO ONE knows your town and have never had any interaction with Nri people. Do not claim what you are not! As far as history is concerned you guys were originally Igalas!!!
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Lilimax(f): 1:16pm On Oct 21, 2014
OdenigboAroli:
Nje sokusidizienu....,njee succeed dizienu...lol
smiley
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Lilimax(f): 1:18pm On Oct 21, 2014
[quote author=adusim post=27326688][/quote]
Igala ke?

Have you not heard of this saying: NRI BU ISI IGBO smiley

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Lilimax(f): 1:18pm On Oct 21, 2014
[quote author=adusim post=27326688][/quote]
Igala ke?

Have you not heard of this saying: NRI BU ISI IGBO smiley
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 1:20pm On Oct 21, 2014
Lilimax:

As for the Anambrarians claiming superiority over the other Igbos, I'm not aware of it.
Thanks for your matured response. About the staff in Nri, non Nris don't acknowledge that and they don't know what that means. Like i said, Nri and its people started and stopped in Northern Igboland.
When the chips are low, Anambras will talk about their superiority.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 / 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State. / How I Will Rule My Kingdom — 17 Yr Old Delta King

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.