Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,652 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

How Coming Of Age Destroyed My Innocence - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Coming Of Age Destroyed My Innocence (671 Views)

Women And The Lies Of 25yrs Of Age? / How I Would Have Destroyed My Life With Sex On 31st Night.. What Helped Me? / Are Guys Attracted To Innocence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Coming Of Age Destroyed My Innocence by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 05, 2014
Let's chat a little about another version of romance. The type Romanticists wrote about. About childhood, Innocence and coming of age. So today I begin to reminisce about my life, who I was and who I am now. And I discover that I am lost. I think so because growing up, in secondary school and early university days I was so talented. I could write a narrative essay and my English Teacher would pass my script to all other teachers, I wrote poems about unrequited love that made my ex shed tears. I had a way with words.. I composed romantic text messages for friends and when a girl I loved who apparently did not reciprocate my emotional investment in her turned me down, I was heart broken. The more I loved her the more the distance between us widened. So I sent her a text telling her that the closer I got to her, the farther she went away from me and that it was best we parted ways cos it seemed to me that she would love me more if I loved her less. This statement became so clichéd by my friends that soon they doubted I was the one that coined it. I reminisce on all of these and it seems me now that I am a man that my childhood/innocence and my adulthood/experience are two sides of a coin. Unlike before, I can't even bring myself to write a complete poem now. All the novels and scripts I started in the past are still unfinished. Love I believed so much in before now appears to me like a mirage. So I begin to weep for my lost innocence, for broken dreams, for ... feelings whose description defies the potency of words. I lost everything to Manhood, to the crazy cutthroat ratchase! I have become like everyone else. Waking up, hurrying to work, coming back exhausted and rushing out again in one hell of an interminable cyclical macabre. I have become a crowd. Not an individual because I chase what the crowd chase, what the girls want, what many erroneously equate to success... I chase Money. Hoping that soon I shall acquire all of it, sit back and become a boy again, write love poems and fall in love again. So tell us about your childhood and how you've become so different from your childhood aspirations and adventures! I know there are many of you here who have got a lot to tell. So friends add yours.

2 Likes

Re: How Coming Of Age Destroyed My Innocence by Freshboi: 6:19pm On Oct 05, 2014
Smoke some weeeed biyatch
Re: How Coming Of Age Destroyed My Innocence by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 05, 2014
Freshboi:
Smoke some weeeed biyatch
Is that an attempt at humour or is there a connection between ur comment and my post that I have been unable to decipher?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

UZTALKS Hookup : Searching Female Meet Beautiful Dorida Ijeoma / Man Changes His Mind On Seeing What I Was Made Of / Why Do We Stop Looking Forward To Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.