Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,450 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. (4363 Views)

Why Girls Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It's Too Late When They Do!!! / 5 Things Women NEVER Tell Their Men / He Has A Girlfriend, But I Like Him, Is It Too Late? When Is It Too Late? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 05, 2014
I used to be a nice guy – way back when. Like most men, I learned rather quickly that being that nice guy wasn’t the best of decisions.

You see, I never saw being nice as a decision that needed to be made – I understood it as a state that naturally existed. I didn’t feel that I should go out of my way to be nice because I liked being nice.

More than that, I thought that’s what women wanted: men who were nice. Boy oh boy was I wrong. Sort of, anyway.

There are some women who want the nice guy because they understand that nice means good and not nice means bad. However, most women seem to have the concepts confused.

She may believe she wants a nice guy, but in reality, she doesn’t want a nice guy. In her eyes, nice is weak – it’s boring. She wants excitement. She wants mystery, surprise, drama. She wants a bad boy.

Until she gets stuck with one, of course. Then all of a sudden logic swarms back into reality and bad, once again, means bad. Understanding why women go for those bad boys isn’t difficult to understand.

They aren’t very open, keeping mostly to themselves – that’s mysterious. They distance themselves and give the cold shoulder whenever they don’t want something from you; it makes her ego crazy – why doesn’t he want her? Why isn’t she good enough?

If he just got to know her better, he would surely fall for her. But the truth is that he wouldn’t. Not because she’s not lovable but because he isn’t loving. He isn’t looking for love because those who look for love quickly lose the whole bad boy flair.

The essence of a bad boy is isolation, carelessness, self-indulgence, selfishness and attitude. When you put it this way, it’s difficult to understand why it is that women go for these kinds of guys.

However, the role the actions that result from such personality traits play on the psyches of women is undeniable.

Bad boys seem more manly – which is an awful way to think as it teaches guys that being bad is more rewarding than being good. If being a bad boy gets you laid while being a nice guy gets you either ignored or abused, then guess which type most men choose to be.

Because women see nice guys as being weaker than those who flaunt their “strength” – if you can call it that – they feel that it’s okay to use them and then leave them hanging.

I think every guy who ever started out as a good guy had their ass handed to them. I know that I have. Every guy at one point was silly enough to think that being nice to the woman he has feelings for is a good idea.

He would go out of his way to be nice. He would hold doors open for her. He would help her with simple tasks. He would smile and be courteous.

If he took her on a date then he might have even bought her flowers, paid for her meal, paid for her drinks, paid for the cab. But only until he realized that the girl had absolutely no interest in him. She liked the free food and drinks, but not the guy who was paying for them.

Not all women are so heartless, but a few are. I believe nearly all women go through their bad boy phase – some earlier on, some much later.

What it ends up being is a lesson learned. No woman has ever lived happily ever after with a complete bad boy. Why? Because once bad boys settle down, they are no longer bad boys – they’re nice guys.

You need a nice guy to settle down with because that’s the only kind of guy who is willing to actually settle down. So the truth is, ladies, that you don’t want a bad boy. You want to turn a bad boy into a nice guy.

You want to change that reckless, untamed man and you want to put a collar on him. You want to tame a beast because it makes you feel strong, makes you feel good about yourself. You did the undoable.

Who doesn’t like a challenge, right? Maybe we should take a look at the word challenge… Challenges, by nature, are difficult. If a challenge isn’t challenging, then it isn’t a very good challenge to begin with.

By making your relationship a challenge, you are literally making it difficult to be with a person. You are creating space between you and the prize. Weird.

So maybe it’s that the women who go after these bad boys don’t actually want a relationship. They just want to enjoy the thrill of the chase.

A pseudo-relationship that is more flashy than anything else. Relationships require a great storyline, with lots of drama and the constant possibility of loss – like in the movies. Maybe we should put the blame on Hollywood.

With time, all women come back from the dark side. They learn firsthand that bad guys are bad for them.

They realize that being treated as if they were worthless and spending most of their time either alone or feeling alone isn’t part of the relationship they now want to have. All the excitement turned into a migraine. All the drama turned into painful memories.

Now she wants a nice guy who will love her, treat her with respect and spend time with her because he wants to. Unfortunately for them, by the time they realize the mistake they’ve made, there are only assh*les such as myself left.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by adonbilivit: 7:33pm On Oct 05, 2014
nice.
Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by Tymax(m): 7:42pm On Oct 05, 2014
They only want nice guys after they get married to bad guys who practice boxing with their fine faces.

If you check the friendzone directory of these ladies you'll find numerous good guys hoping for manna that will never fall.

My advice to good guys: be patient, your reward is in heaven. angry

10 Likes

Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by kay29000(m): 7:59pm On Oct 05, 2014
Lovely article...You desribed the whole thing brilliantly.
Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by chimerase2: 8:00pm On Oct 05, 2014
undecided undecided
Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 05, 2014
Yea it's true. cool

After getting hurt and dumped, they come back running looking for the good guys but it's always too late by then. I've witnessed this first hand.

Some become so desperate in their search for good guys, that they tend to extend the hunt to the internet.

They join numerous forums like NL and start asking questions like “Are all the good guys taken?” Bla Bla Bla.

Now my advice too, is for the good guys to stay good. And for the bad guys to keep up the good work. Whilst the ladies should learn from the mistakes of others.

#Adjusts tie & Sips Tea.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by MisterLongman(m): 8:05pm On Oct 05, 2014
Friendzone is the abode of Nice guys

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by Talkloaded: 8:07pm On Oct 05, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by MizMyColi(f): 8:32pm On Oct 05, 2014
Exactly!

The OP is on point.

I think it affects both sides of the divide though.
Why that is, I don't know, really.

Personally, I've made a conscious decision to send only those who send me.

[size=2pt]I anonymously made the comment below on a certain blog, even if it exposes my identity to the owner, cheesy grin for posterity's sake, I think it's worth it. [/size]

Hopefully, I won’t be entangled in that web of loving and not being loved back.
Or being treated in a manner that is totally undeserving, because he's one badt guy and ladies love badt guys.
That’s like an emotional investment without a corresponding ROI.
I don't need to wait till I'm "Old" to give myself brain on this particular topic

People say you don’t choose who you fall in love with, agreed.
But I can choose to let it blossom or not.

Being very intuitive/sensitive, I can sense when/if a person isn’t into me.
I’ve learned to bring all my being and faculties to walk out.

I’ve built myself such that I only love when I’m loved (in a romantic context of course)

I know how powerful and influential my emotions are.
I don’t waste it/them anymore.

#NotSelfish
#NoNarcissism

Just skeptical, wary, maybe.

Hmmmm
Seasons in the sun.

6 Likes

Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by luvlyoracle(m): 8:34pm On Oct 05, 2014
D
Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by fowowe411: 8:38pm On Oct 05, 2014
Prof online,novice outa there....but that's none of my business.
Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by fuckshit: 10:37pm On Oct 05, 2014
On FÜCKING point grin grin
Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by mecussey(m): 8:39am On Oct 06, 2014
Never let a woman feel that she completely has you.
Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by philantoxx(m): 8:50am On Oct 06, 2014
nice
Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by Mikocake(m): 9:01am On Oct 06, 2014
Just be yourself...you will come good
Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 06, 2014
Thanks guys but I'm not the author.
Read the original copy Here... cool
Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 06, 2014
I Looove being a Bad Guy. cheesy
Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by destante(f): 5:34pm On Oct 06, 2014
MizMyColi:
Exactly!

The OP is on point.

[size=2pt]I anonymously made the comment below on a certain blog, even if it exposes my identity to the owner, cheesy grin for posterity's sake, I think it's worth it. [/size]

Or being treated in a manner that is totally undeserving, because he's one badt guy and ladies love badt guys.
I don't need to wait till I'm "Old" to give myself brain on this particular topic

I’ve built myself such that I only love when I’m loved (in a romantic context of course)

#NotSelfish
#NoNarcissism

jes quoting this. I may need to refer back to it. smiley Nicee tho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 06, 2014
They spend the best part of their youth breaking the heart of every Good Guy Greg that comes their way. Scumbag Steve shows up and fvcks up their life in a marriage cos he realized they only married him for his lavish spending as a yahoo boy. They get divorced and end up in the circle of feminists who make them believe every man is as bad as Bad Guy Napoleon. They go about preaching this hate-filled message, corrupting young girls thereby making it hard for Good Guy Greg to find a decent girl to marry. Smh @ Good Guy Greg

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 06, 2014
only immature girls date bad guys. i would continue to be a nice guy and a girl more deserving will enjoy my love. i dont have time for kids and time wasters

1 Like

Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2014
^^^ Really Nice Comment. Thanks Dude. cool
Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by Etetejake(m): 2:45pm On Oct 07, 2014
I wunt eat a left over food of a fool or bad boy.
Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 07, 2014
Its more like Stefan and Damon story, Elena prefers the latter because he is bad.
Guys be yourself, it ll pay whichever way
Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 07, 2014
I insist, when dealing with Nigerian women, there's nothing as rewarding as being a BAD GUY!
Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by amitycris(m): 6:38pm On Oct 07, 2014
Awesome ... He said it all .
Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 16, 2015
In Wole Soyinka's voice...

This is a wasted generation....grin
Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by MizMyColi(f): 8:28pm On Feb 02, 2015
Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by MizMyColi(f): 8:32pm On Feb 02, 2015
MizMyColi:
Exactly!

The OP is on point.

#NotSelfish
#NoNarcissism

Hmmmm
Seasons in the sun.

Whoever liked this post just made me remember.
Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by MizMyColi(f): 8:34pm On Feb 02, 2015
intbizoil:
only immature girls date bad guys. i would continue to be a nice guy and a girl more deserving will enjoy my love. i dont have time for kids and time wasters

Ditto.
Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by Godmother(f): 8:41pm On Feb 02, 2015
intbizoil:

Spot on, dude! One million likes for you!

1 Like

Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by jnrbayano(m): 8:45pm On Feb 02, 2015
MizMyColi:
Exactly!

The OP is on point.

#NotSelfish
#NoNarcissism

Hmmmm
Seasons in the sun.

Who does the "sending" first?
Re: Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. by PHgirl(f): 8:57pm On Feb 02, 2015
We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun. But the joy and the fun, like the seasons have all gone.

Don't mind me. I'm totally #TeamNiceGuys. cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Last Night Was Fun.. / I Want Mod. I Want To Mod This Section / Ladies Your Attention Is Needed Here. Very Important

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.