Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These (7357 Views)

10 Things That Youths in Church Are Guilty Of / "I Don’t Feel Guilty." / If Your Religion Is True, Why Do You Then Feel Guilty? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by alexleo(m): 6:54am On Oct 08, 2014
MizMyColi:

Waow! I'm thrilled.
Thanks smiley

Obviously you are a satanist. Its not suprising that sonoflucifer is pleased with all that you ve written there.
Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by MizMyColi(f): 7:26am On Oct 08, 2014
alexleo:

Obviously you are a satanist. Its not suprising that sonoflucifer is pleased with all that you ve written there.

Hi smiley
Goodmorning smiley

I trust you slept good?
And had a happy holiday?

May the day be good for us smiley

Amen grin

1 Like

Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by ideology(m): 8:43am On Oct 08, 2014
alexleo:

Bros no vex, but You went too far, If you don't support beliefs ignore the post or you air your view. E hear. smiley no talk to my friend anyhow. your reply didn't speak well of you

For the record, I grew up developing my belief system. As a child, I would read any book I see (mostly newspapers and bible ).
I believe so Strongly in them, not because I was taught by anyone but I sought the truth by myself.

At the age of 14, I stopped going to church solely because of my belief system for about a year.

At the age of 16, I found a church that talked the way I talk, and believed what I believe. today there are other churches that believe same though.

I eventually joined them at the age of 18, and am grateful I did.

learn to see people the way God sees them, not all those that wander are lost, its just a phase in life some folks have to go through

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by ihedinobi2: 8:57am On Oct 08, 2014
CrazyMan:

Please tell me more cos I'm already becoming like how you once were.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a still a christian, I observe my early morning and late night devotion, its just that I'm tired with all these church stuff.

You miss fellowship for a day, and you're tagged as the worse sinner.

You read the bible from an android device and you're referred to as a carnal fellow.

I understand the sense of belonging you spoke of, but can't stand being judged by my fellow man.

The Nigerian church of today has become a court house, where christians spend their time judging and condemning souls rather than winning them for God.

Sister charity sees sister Ada on leggings in the market and that automacially become the next topic for sunday's service.

Brother Jude spots brother Philip in a bar, and all hell is let loose.

The self acclaimed righteous people in our churches today is what makes it stink.

What defines a man is his ability to make rational decision regardless of what his beliefs are, his honesty, integrity..etc. From what I've observed less than 1% of religious fanatics possess these traits
There is much that is either misunderstood or lost to the Church today, bro.

Many of us and many churches are caught in silly traps that have nothing to do with Christ.

This is because the day is drawing to a close and we have a malevolent enemy who is determined to frustrate Christ in any way that he might.

And Christ means to come back for a ready bride. It may be time for you to really prove your own identity. I do not advise that people should forsake the gathering of believers but in my experience it has been necessary to leave the physical institutions to find the Spiritual Body and understand how I belong in it.

At my own time even the devotions and other mechanics of Faith failed for me. I could not do the "normal" things. But I never questioned who I was. I had to draw from deep within to stand against everything that was thrown at me in the wild. And I never found home in the wild. That's sort of how I grew so strong.

If I've any advice for you, it would be that you should not take lightly what is happening to you. It is a chance for you to prove things for yourself. You are answerable to God first before anyone and it is important that you understand how He reasons. That is, does He care whether Brother Philip goes to a bar or not? Does He care whether Sister Ada wears leggings or not? Does He care if you read the Bible from a gadget or not? If He does how does He?

We are bound to Him within and it is necessary to learn to use that bond because every other thing including our relationship to the Body and to the world around us is governed by it.

I assure you that I have a great love for the Church today. It's far easier for me today to forgive many things that I see and hear in the Church than it used to be. Building up the Body is what I live for. My very career was designed to enable me to serve Her in a special way. She's first with Christ in my thoughts.

So if you are going out after Christ, you will come back following Him too. And He will be able to trust you with His sheep too.

1 Like

Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by ihedinobi2: 8:59am On Oct 08, 2014
MizMyColi:
Ihedinobi2

I love you

I think our world is far better because you're in it grin
cheesy

Ok, what are you bribing me to stop doing now? grin
Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 08, 2014
MizMyColi:

I first shared with my buddies on here, few days ago.
I thought to share here, hoping that it might resonate with a few (at least) and help them know that they're never really alone.
As people shed religion and walk in freedom, they can
feel guilt about the changes they are going through.
Thinking about this I identified 5 things not to feel
guilty about on your spiritual journey.

I can relate to all the points.

1. You may discontinue your active involvement in a
church or religious organization.

I'm only there on Sundays to keep the peace. I'd been seen scribbling in my little jotter, it's not the rhema I'm putting down though, I'm listing all the countries in world that I can recall to keep my mind busy. I've finished the 'church' curriculum, and it gets terribly boring sitting under an old man reading his theology school old lecture notes to us.

2. You may grow weary of incessant God talk.

unfortunately, I can't escape that for now. It's worse than church. Church ends after 3 hours max this one just doesn't... The incessant talk about sin, sin, sin, how we are all mere sinners...the talk about demons and evil people that are after us, about how god would keep helping the Israeli to keep killing the Arabs, because they're his chosen ones and god will bless all who bless them and curse all who curse them and we are suppose to pray for them to... it's sickening. Bleep all murderers. I see my little nephews forming the "us" and "them" mentality with Muslims. Every evening at the family altar, I listen to lengthy Christianese, I close my eyes and chant amen at the right moments of prayer, and often it's me that has to do the prayer - submitting a godly family's request to a god I don't believe in. I'd read the bible every evening, or at least hear it being read. I think not many Christians are immersed in as much religiosity as I am.

3. You may find that the very people your religion
judged and condemned are the people you find the
most interesting and enjoyable.

[Ditto: Apatheist, Xcapist, Goofyone Phillip wink]

Yeahhh, in my case it's INNOisBACK. The irony is that he's a Christian, I'm not undecided

4. You may find and express a rebellious or defiant
part of you that has been dormant.

I've tried so hard to be discreet about my unbelief but sometimes the frustration of holding back in the presence of such sick and twisted religious talk reaches the tipping point and I blurt out my own views for some release. Now they've started to call me "Karl Marx" and "the philosopher" in a derisive way because I've refused to agree, with backing reasons, with some popular christian views like absolute submission of the wife. I've seen my sister try that and she got burnt. She's one instance of millions. I see marriage as a partnership of equals with equal stakes. Btw, I had to read up about the Karl Marx guy after I was slapped with the nickname. Weirdo.

5. You may find less fulfillment in religious things, and
more satisfaction in human things.

Indeed. It's so inexpressibly liberating to finally be just human. The whole messy package of my humanity is so beautiful to me now. It's like I'm a brand new person. Born again unbeliever.

Have Fun.

Jim's blog

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by MizMyColi(f): 9:09am On Oct 08, 2014
ihedinobi2:

cheesy

Ok, what are you bribing me to stop doing now? grin

Eiiisshhhhhh.
Cut me some slack! cheesy

Can't I love a person without a motive
Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by ihedinobi2: 9:11am On Oct 08, 2014
MizMyColi:

Eiiisshhhhhh.
Cut me some slack! cheesy

Can't I love a person without a motive

Oh I dunno o! Do I look like an omniscient to you? I'm just a regular suspicious old wolf. cheesy
Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by MizMyColi(f): 9:14am On Oct 08, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Oh I dunno o! Do I look like an omniscient to you? I'm just a regular suspicious old wolf. cheesy

(sigh)

I expected a reply in these lines.

But I love you still grin
Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by ihedinobi2: 9:18am On Oct 08, 2014
MizMyColi:

(sigh)

I expected a reply in these lines.

But I love you still grin
Hehehe. And I love you too with rhyme and reason and very cautiously cheesy grin
Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by MizMyColi(f): 9:22am On Oct 08, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Hehehe. And I love you too with rhyme and reason and very cautiously cheesy grin

How does that work?
Is it okay to say that to everyone?

Like you, I can be quite the skeptic too grin

For example:

Apa*theist, I love you with rhyme and reason, albeit very cautiously.
Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by ihedinobi2: 9:28am On Oct 08, 2014
MizMyColi:

How does that work?
Is it okay to say that to everyone?

Like you, I can be quite the skeptic too grin

For example:

Apa*theist, I love you with rhyme and reason, albeit very cautiously.

Don't know. Loving recklessly burns a lot more than loving cautiously tho undecided
Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by oluwalfa: 9:30am On Oct 08, 2014
the madhouse.
Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by CrazyMan(m): 9:31am On Oct 08, 2014
ihedinobi2:

There is much that is either misunderstood or lost to the Church today, bro.

Many of us and many churches are caught in silly traps that have nothing to do with Christ.

This is because the day is drawing to a close and we have a malevolent enemy who is determined to frustrate Christ in any way that he might.

And Christ means to come back for a ready bride. It may be time for you to really prove your own identity. I do not advise that people should forsake the gathering of believers but in my experience it has been necessary to leave the physical institutions to find the Spiritual Body and understand how I belong in it.

At my own time even the devotions and other mechanics of Faith failed for me. I could not do the "normal" things. But I never questioned who I was. I had to draw from deep within to stand against everything that was thrown at me in the wild. And I never found home in the wild. That's sort of how I grew so strong.

If I've any advice for you, it would be that you should not take lightly what is happening to you. It is a chance for you to prove things for yourself. You are answerable to God first before anyone and it is important that you understand how He reasons. That is, does He care whether Brother Philip goes to a bar or not? Does He care whether Sister Ada wears leggings or not? Does He care if you read the Bible from a gadget or not? If He does how does He?

We are bound to Him within and it is necessary to learn to use that bond because every other thing including our relationship to the Body and to the world around us is governed by it.

I assure you that I have a great love for the Church today. It's far easier for me today to forgive many things that I see and hear in the Church than it used to be. Building up the Body is what I live for. My very career was designed to enable me to serve Her in a special way. She's first with Christ in my thoughts.

So if you are going out after Christ, you will come back following Him too. And He will be able to trust you with His sheep too.
Its much clearer to me...thanks.

1 Like

Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by MizMyColi(f): 9:32am On Oct 08, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Don't know. Loving recklessly burns a lot more than loving cautiously tho undecided

I take it cautiously here is tantamount to self control? embarassed
Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by MizMyColi(f): 9:33am On Oct 08, 2014
oluwalfa:
the madhouse.
Stay or leave kiss kiss kiss
Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by oluwalfa: 9:55am On Oct 08, 2014
MizMyColi:

Stay or leave kiss kiss kiss

Hello pretty. Can I take you out?
Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by ihedinobi2: 9:58am On Oct 08, 2014
CrazyMan:

Its much clearer to me...thanks.
I'm glad it is. Honored to serve you.
Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by ihedinobi2: 10:07am On Oct 08, 2014
MizMyColi:

I take it cautiously here is tantamount to self control? embarassed
Hehehe... I's just messing around o!

Seriously though, I define love, like everything else, by the Bible. It says God is Love. And then spends a whole chapter directly talking about how Love is all about giving to somebody else for their good. Whatever else Love is, it doesn't seem very cautious in the Bible. God went and loved people who simply couldn't be bothered to love Him back. Not many of us could take that.

And He kept right on loving anyway. In fact, when one takes the time and bother to study God's behavior through the Old Testament and the New, one is going to find Love a truly mind-boggling concept. If Love could be robed, it would be a general clad in armor and a fatherly smile and grasping a bloody double-edged sword with a kid riding on his shoulder.
Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by MizMyColi(f): 10:25am On Oct 08, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Hehehe... I's just messing around o!

Seriously though, I define love, like everything else, by the Bible. It says God is Love. And then spends a whole chapter directly talking about how Love is all about giving to somebody else for their good. Whatever else Love is, it doesn't seem very cautious in the Bible. God went and loved people who simply couldn't be bothered to love Him back. Not many of us could take that.

And He kept right on loving anyway. In fact, when one takes the time and bother to study God's behavior through the Old Testament and the New, one is going to find Love a truly mind-boggling concept. If Love could be robed, it would be a general clad in armor and a fatherly smile and grasping a bloody double-edged sword with a kid riding on his shoulder.

I see you're enjoying messing with my head embarassed
Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by MizMyColi(f): 10:26am On Oct 08, 2014
oluwalfa:

Hello pretty. Can I take you out?

That's violating rule 1
kiss kiss kiss
Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by oluwalfa: 10:29am On Oct 08, 2014
MizMyColi:

That's violating rule 1
kiss kiss kiss

"Violating". Mmh. That's one word I like.
Please let's meet.
Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by ihedinobi2: 11:24am On Oct 08, 2014
MizMyColi:

I see you're enjoying messing with my head embarassed
Lol.

No I'm not. Messing with your head, that is. You don't like the kid in the picture? grin
Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by MizMyColi(f): 11:40am On Oct 08, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Lol.

No I'm not. Messing with your head, that is. You don't like the kid in the picture? grin

Yeah, and the blood soaked double edged sword.
Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by ihedinobi2: 1:20pm On Oct 08, 2014
MizMyColi:

Yeah, and the blood soaked double edged sword.
That's what we Christians mean and what the Bible means when we tell you that it is only Christians that have the capacity to understand the Bible. Which is just like saying that it is only advanced physicists that understand the mathematics of quantum particles and black holes.

3 Likes

Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by ideology(m): 11:31pm On Oct 08, 2014
ideology:

Bros no vex, but You went too far, If you don't support beliefs ignore the post or you air your view. E hear. smiley no talk to my friend anyhow. your reply didn't speak well of you

For the record, I grew up developing my belief system. As a child, I would read any book I see.
I believe so Strongly in them, not because I was taught by anyone but I sought the truth by myself.

At the age of 14, I stopped going to church solely because of my belief system for about a year.

At the age of 16, I found a church that talked the way I talk, and believed what I believe. today there are other churches that believe same though.

I eventually joined them at the age of 18, and am grateful I did.

learn to see people the way God sees them, not all those that wander are lost

Folks who read this may misunderstand me.

Am not in any way supporting op's view, I just see it as a phase of life.
Just show love and give grace.

As you can see, am back to church, found the truth, growing in Faith, doing wonders …
Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by itstpia1: 5:38am On Oct 09, 2014
una get time to be drawing up all these lists, categories, etc o ga o.
Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by MizMyColi(f): 6:26am On Oct 09, 2014
itstpia1:
una get time to be drawing up all these lists, categories, etc o ga o.

Are You Tpia5?
Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by chibwike(m): 9:50am On Oct 09, 2014
MizMyColi:

Waow! I'm thrilled.
Thanks smiley
eh?...satan is liking you..and u re thanking him
Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by MizMyColi(f): 9:58am On Oct 09, 2014
chibwike:

LoL
Not Satan.

An alleged son of satan.

Isn't he a human being too?
kiss kiss kiss
Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 09, 2014
chibwike:
Stay on your lane, motherfxcker.

2 Likes

Re: You Don't Need To Feel Guilty If You Experience These by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 09, 2014
MizMyColi:

LoL
Not Satan.

An alleged son of satan.

Isn't he a human being too?
kiss kiss kiss
Hallo. Hope you had a warm night. Would you like to be my Jezebel? I mean no harm. Do a google search on her. She was a wonderful woman, the kind that would be called a feminist today. Think olden days Oprah Winfrey.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Authorized Sunday Worship? / Jesus, The Measure Of Your Righteousness - Joseph Prince / Suffer No More As A Christian...these Are Secrets Of The Psalms!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.